New Page 1
home Steve Gleasons Website
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Go Back   New Orleans Saints - Saints Report - Message Boards > GENERAL > Members Business Connection Board

Google Ads
Sponsored Ads

Old 07-13-2007, 11:59 AM   #1
I hate American Airlines

keepoursaints 50K Burger Clubkeepoursaints 50K Burger Clubkeepoursaints 50K Burger Clubkeepoursaints 50K Burger Club
keepoursaints 50K Burger Clubkeepoursaints 50K Burger Clubkeepoursaints 50K Burger Clubkeepoursaints 50K Burger Clubkeepoursaints 50K Burger Clubkeepoursaints 50K Burger Clubkeepoursaints 50K Burger Clubkeepoursaints 50K Burger Clubkeepoursaints 50K Burger Clubkeepoursaints 50K Burger Clubkeepoursaints 50K Burger Clubkeepoursaints 50K Burger Clubkeepoursaints 50K Burger Clubkeepoursaints 50K Burger Club
Thumbs up ***SaintsReport Business Owner List***

Jeff's thread got me thinking that I would like to know what businesses fellow SR members own because I would much rather help out anyone from SR over another business when I'm in need of something.

Post your business name, a brief description of what you do and the website if you have one... I'm sure there are plenty of people on here looking to have things done that other members do for a living.

Most of you should know by now what I do, but if not PM me.

My dad who isn't a member because he's never on the computer, but has been to several SR functions owns a jewelry store in Baton Rouge. Jack Hood Jewelers, Inc. has been serving the area for over 30 years and specializes in custom designed jewelry and recently started selling lots of Saints related jewelry. www.jackhoodjewelers.com and www.blackandgoldjewelery.com

My wife who is a member and many of you have seen her work.. she works at the jewelry store, but does artwork on the side. Her website is www.ravincreations.com where MOST of her work is posted... I've been too busy to update everything. She is pictured in my avatar for those of you who haven't figured that out yet.

Who else owns a business? Let's help each other out!

Last edited by keepoursaints; 07-15-2007 at 09:08 PM.
keepoursaints is offline Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-13-2007, 12:09 PM   #2
nunquam idem eadem idem

UptownShark is a splendid one to beholdUptownShark is a splendid one to beholdUptownShark is a splendid one to behold
UptownShark is a splendid one to beholdUptownShark is a splendid one to behold
Amen, brother. I think this is a great idea. Use the resources on this site to keep the membership paying their bills. My significant other (they call them life partners here in the NW) are heading back to N.O. very soon and will be opening a cafe. She studied at Le Cordon Bleu in Paris and worked for C. Palace and Rene Bistro, among others. Would love to have a grand opening featuring SR.com members as guests of honor. Thanks for the post keepoursaints.
UptownShark is offline Reply With Quote

Old 07-13-2007, 12:10 PM   #3
I hate American Airlines

keepoursaints 50K Burger Clubkeepoursaints 50K Burger Clubkeepoursaints 50K Burger Clubkeepoursaints 50K Burger Club
keepoursaints 50K Burger Clubkeepoursaints 50K Burger Clubkeepoursaints 50K Burger Clubkeepoursaints 50K Burger Clubkeepoursaints 50K Burger Clubkeepoursaints 50K Burger Clubkeepoursaints 50K Burger Clubkeepoursaints 50K Burger Clubkeepoursaints 50K Burger Clubkeepoursaints 50K Burger Clubkeepoursaints 50K Burger Clubkeepoursaints 50K Burger Clubkeepoursaints 50K Burger Clubkeepoursaints 50K Burger Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by UptownShark View Post
Amen, brother. I think this is a great idea. Use the resources on this site to keep the membership paying their bills. My significant other (they call them life partners here in the NW) are heading back to N.O. very soon and will be opening a cafe. She studied at Le Cordon Bleu in Paris and worked for C. Palace and Rene Bistro, among others. Would love to have a grand opening featuring SR.com members as guests of honor. Thanks for the post keepoursaints.
Give us a date and time and you can bet some SR fools would be there.. my wife and I included if we could make it.

Old 07-13-2007, 12:12 PM   #4
Subscribing Member

bclemms Prestigious Gold Club Memberbclemms Prestigious Gold Club Memberbclemms Prestigious Gold Club Memberbclemms Prestigious Gold Club Member
bclemms Prestigious Gold Club Memberbclemms Prestigious Gold Club Memberbclemms Prestigious Gold Club Memberbclemms Prestigious Gold Club Memberbclemms Prestigious Gold Club Memberbclemms Prestigious Gold Club Memberbclemms Prestigious Gold Club Memberbclemms Prestigious Gold Club Memberbclemms Prestigious Gold Club Memberbclemms Prestigious Gold Club Memberbclemms Prestigious Gold Club Memberbclemms Prestigious Gold Club Memberbclemms Prestigious Gold Club Member
I have an auto glass company in Jackson. If anyone needs a windshield or glass replaced in their vehicle give me a shout. We have been in business 6 years, do all of our work mobile, give lifetime warranties with all of our work and go through all insurance companies. We only buy glass from PPG so you will be getting quality glass with experienced installers. If any of you are coming up this way for training camp there is a good chance you will experience Ms rocks and we can repair them too. Name of my business is A Pain in the Glass, phone number is (601) 291-7743. If anyone needs a deal call me and let me know you are from SR and I will do what I can.
bclemms is offline Reply With Quote

Old 07-13-2007, 12:15 PM   #5
Pro-Bowler

Teachersaint is on a distinguished roadTeachersaint is on a distinguished roadTeachersaint is on a distinguished roadTeachersaint is on a distinguished roadTeachersaint is on a distinguished roadTeachersaint is on a distinguished road
my wife's business---personalized plates and notecards and tiles

www.landjdesigns.net
Teachersaint is offline Reply With Quote

Old 07-13-2007, 12:15 PM   #6
Coach J

MrVoodoo is a jewel in the rough
MrVoodoo is a jewel in the roughMrVoodoo is a jewel in the roughMrVoodoo is a jewel in the roughMrVoodoo is a jewel in the rough
I own/run a cross-media development group which focuses primarily on using alternate reality games to promote brand awareness internationally through viral marketing for various entities. www.aporiacme.com

We can help smaller companies enlarge their target market, help develop ARGs for training environments, enhance large corporate meetings, and much more. Currently we're focusing on the smaller stuff as we haven't had a contract large enough to build a good employee base, but eventually we'll be able to handle everything from large to small contracts.

Old 07-13-2007, 12:17 PM   #7
I hate American Airlines

Awesome guys keep it up. bclemms I knew you owned something like that, but I couldn't remember exactly what you did.

I bet the list is alot longer than we think.

Edit: I SR can be great for your business because I've just recently done business with 2 members in the past month or 2 and only because of this site.

I made this website for our resident musician www.ryanpostblues.com

And I just had these cards printed for St. Michaelfan

Last edited by keepoursaints; 07-13-2007 at 02:35 PM.
keepoursaints is offline Reply With Quote

Old 07-13-2007, 12:18 PM   #8
Whodie I'm a Saints fan

wbbigtymer is a glorious beacon of light
wbbigtymer is a glorious beacon of lightwbbigtymer is a glorious beacon of lightwbbigtymer is a glorious beacon of lightwbbigtymer is a glorious beacon of lightwbbigtymer is a glorious beacon of lightwbbigtymer is a glorious beacon of lightwbbigtymer is a glorious beacon of lightwbbigtymer is a glorious beacon of lightwbbigtymer is a glorious beacon of lightwbbigtymer is a glorious beacon of lightwbbigtymer is a glorious beacon of lightwbbigtymer is a glorious beacon of lightwbbigtymer is a glorious beacon of lightwbbigtymer is a glorious beacon of lightwbbigtymer is a glorious beacon of light
This could be a promising prank call list, as well. Keep it up, fellas

I kid of course.
wbbigtymer is offline Reply With Quote

Old 07-13-2007, 12:20 PM   #9
Banned

Jacob is on a distinguished roadJacob is on a distinguished roadJacob is on a distinguished road
I am not an owner of this business, but the main company I work for does erosion control. We also do small coastal restoration jobs. Our mulch used for hydroseeding is made from a byproduct of local sugar cane. http://www.sweetmulch.com/index.htm

This is a business we are working to get off the ground. It involves doing various hurricane preparations (plywood, video cataloging possessions, booking hotels, etc.) on a subscription-type basis. Read into it. It's been featured in USA Today and on CNN. http://www.hurricaneguy.com/

Ready One Industries is another. We manufacture and sell various safety kits (automotive, wilderness, first aid, etc.). The website's not up just yet. http://readyoneindustries.com/

Last edited by Jacob; 07-13-2007 at 12:23 PM.
Jacob is offline Reply With Quote

Old 07-13-2007, 12:23 PM   #10
I hate American Airlines

Jacob, just very briefly looking over that hurricane guy site...... that's a GREAT idea and could really help alot of people with their safety and most importantly their peace of mind.

Great idea and I hope that takes off for you guys.....

Old 07-13-2007, 12:35 PM   #11
Super Moderator

Location: Houston TX, via Parsippany, NJ and New Orleans (Algiers), LA
primadox 40K Burger Clubprimadox 40K Burger Clubprimadox 40K Burger Clubprimadox 40K Burger Clubprimadox 40K Burger Clubprimadox 40K Burger Club
primadox 40K Burger Clubprimadox 40K Burger Clubprimadox 40K Burger Clubprimadox 40K Burger Clubprimadox 40K Burger Clubprimadox 40K Burger Clubprimadox 40K Burger Clubprimadox 40K Burger Club
Great idea, Kevin. I just posted this same idea on Jeff Miller's thread about his business! I'll go back and edit my post with a link to this thread.

My business: Professional Advantage Resumes

After working as a recruiter and HR person for many many years, I ran my own resume writing business in NJ from 1996 until we moved here to Houston. I haven't really done much other than a phone line to get it going here, but I'm trying to change that now. I need to get the business up and running again to the level it was in NJ, but it's a different market challenge here in Houston. In NJ the phone books were divided by county so Yellow Pages ads (the best advertising avenue for me) were affordable and yet gave decent coverage; here all we have is the huge contains-all-of-Houston phone book, and ads are astronomically high. I'm going to look into some of the independent smaller phone book publishers and see if that is a possibility, but I'm afraid that people don't use those like the standard AT&T book....

I'm also wanting to move towards more of an telephone/electronic-based service rather than having people in my home for consultations (too risky nowadays), so eventually my bare-bones website will have to do much more. Kevin, you'll hear from me someday about that....

Basically, I can do everything from basic retyping of resumes to make them look "pretty" to completely creating a resume from scratch; they can be targeted to a career you have experience in or to a career that is a complete change. I also do cover letters, reference sheets, etc.

Last edited by primadox; 07-13-2007 at 12:52 PM. Reason: add information
primadox is offline Reply With Quote

Old 07-13-2007, 12:42 PM   #12
All-Pro

curdis will become famous soon enoughcurdis will become famous soon enoughcurdis will become famous soon enoughcurdis will become famous soon enoughcurdis will become famous soon enoughcurdis will become famous soon enoughcurdis will become famous soon enoughcurdis will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by keepoursaints View Post
Jeff's thread got me thinking that I would like to know what businesses fellow SR members own because I would much rather help out anyone from SR over another business when I'm in need of something.

Post your business name, a brief description of what you do and the website if you have one... I'm sure there are plenty of people on here looking to have things done that other members do for a living.

I own a Web Design Company, WebOvation Studios, LLC. I formed the company in 2003.
I do websites, business cards, flyers, postcards, advertisements, etc. You can see most of my work here: www.webovationstudios.com

My dad who isn't a member because he's never on the computer, but has been to several SR functions owns a jewelry store in Baton Rouge. Jack Hood Jewelers, Inc. has been serving the area for over 30 years and specializes in custom designed jewelry and recently started selling lots of Saints related jewelry. www.jackhoodjewelers.com and www.blackandgoldjewelery.com

My wife who is a member and many of you have seen her work.. she works at the jewelry store, but does artwork on the side. Her website is www.ravincreations.com where MOST of her work is posted... I've been too busy to update everything. She is pictured in my avatar for those of you who haven't figured that out yet.

Who else owns a business? Let's help each other out!
Darn, where was this thread 3 weeks ago. I could have used you for marketing!

I own a business selling energy products, weight management, workout supplements and general wellness. Drew Brees is one of the non-paid endorsers, that's I found the whole thing.
The website is www.advocare.com/0706875

Old 07-13-2007, 12:50 PM   #13
Coach J

MrVoodoo is a jewel in the rough
MrVoodoo is a jewel in the roughMrVoodoo is a jewel in the roughMrVoodoo is a jewel in the roughMrVoodoo is a jewel in the rough
Quote:

grr dunno why it won't let me see it through the link but I think I found the back door address to it (lol)... this site? http://webovationstudios.com/ryan-post/default.htm

The layout looks great, only two slight suggestions... remove those horizontal sliders - I can't remember the exact code off the top of my head.. and a slight transparency fading into the box with the text would look awesome

Old 07-13-2007, 12:56 PM   #14
All-Pro

curdis will become famous soon enoughcurdis will become famous soon enoughcurdis will become famous soon enoughcurdis will become famous soon enoughcurdis will become famous soon enoughcurdis will become famous soon enoughcurdis will become famous soon enoughcurdis will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Awesome guys keep it up. bclemms I knew you owned something like that, but I couldn't remember exactly what you did.

I bet the list is alot longer than we think.

Edit: I SR can be great for your business because I've just recently done business with 2 members in the past month or 2 and only because of this site.

And I just had these cards printed for St. Michaelfan
That site looks GREAT, very proffesional but still has a personal aspect, I love that!