New Page 1
home Steve Gleasons Website
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Go Back   New Orleans Saints - Saints Report - Message Boards > GENERAL > Video Games Board > Madden Video Game Board

Google Ads
Latest Poll
It's been reported that Graham is looking for $12 mill/yr. You are Loomis, what would you do?
Give him the 12 mill per year
Give him Gronkowski money plus a little bit
Franchise tag him as a TE
Franchise tag him as a WR
Franchise tag him and try to trade him
Let him walk
Sponsored Ads

Old 08-09-2011, 05:23 PM   #1
Hall-of-Famer

Brees4prez has disabled reputation
Demo is out now

Havnt played it yet. I have read some reviews at Operation Sports and most complaints were user errors. Also, it seems the Demo may be as old as the E3 version. Post thoughts here.
Brees4prez is offline Reply With Quote

Old 08-10-2011, 02:20 PM   #2
ALL-MADDEN TEAM

ScottishSaint is a splendid one to beholdScottishSaint is a splendid one to beholdScottishSaint is a splendid one to behold
ScottishSaint is a splendid one to beholdScottishSaint is a splendid one to beholdScottishSaint is a splendid one to beholdScottishSaint is a splendid one to beholdScottishSaint is a splendid one to beholdScottishSaint is a splendid one to beholdScottishSaint is a splendid one to beholdScottishSaint is a splendid one to beholdScottishSaint is a splendid one to behold
Had a quick game and fumbles and recoveries seem alot better. It seems a very basic demo though. Not even any commentary.
ScottishSaint is offline Reply With Quote

Old 08-10-2011, 04:13 PM   #3
Hall-of-Famer

I really enjoyed the demo. Here are my impressions:

Pros

-Graphics and presentation are solid.
- The throws seem more realistic. More velocity on ball.
-The o line seems to block now
-No more superlinebackers.
-Like the new hits they added
-"feels better" (hard to explain)
- AI is noticeably improved but throws up the middle are still too easy.
- Less skating look to player animations.
-gameflow is awesome now

Cons

-Qbs are way too fast. If they don't fix this, it is a deal breaker for me.
-Kicking is wonky to me but probably user error.
-doesn't really give you enough time to make defensive adjustments. Could be because I was using gameflow.

Overall pretty good considering this demo is from May. I just hope all of the pros are there when it ships. Madden is tricky like that.

---
-

Old 08-10-2011, 04:50 PM   #4
xbox GT= NO white fLAgz

MistaWhoDat has a spectacular aura aboutMistaWhoDat has a spectacular aura aboutMistaWhoDat has a spectacular aura aboutMistaWhoDat has a spectacular aura aboutMistaWhoDat has a spectacular aura aboutMistaWhoDat has a spectacular aura aboutMistaWhoDat has a spectacular aura aboutMistaWhoDat has a spectacular aura aboutMistaWhoDat has a spectacular aura aboutMistaWhoDat has a spectacular aura aboutMistaWhoDat has a spectacular aura aboutMistaWhoDat has a spectacular aura aboutMistaWhoDat has a spectacular aura aboutMistaWhoDat has a spectacular aura aboutMistaWhoDat has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brees4prez View Post

Pros

-No more superlinebackers.
-Like the new hits they added
-"feels better" (hard to explain)
-gameflow is awesome now

Cons

-Qbs are way too fast. If they don't fix this, it is a deal breaker for me.
-Kicking is wonky to me but probably user error.
-doesn't really give you enough time to make defensive adjustments. Could be because I was using gameflow.

Overall pretty good considering this demo is from May. I just hope all of the pros are there when it ships. Madden is tricky like that.

---
-
I agree with you on the pros and cons but im enjoying it so far but waiting on the final game already pre ordered
MistaWhoDat is offline Reply With Quote

Old 08-11-2011, 10:21 PM   #5
Hall-of-Famer

After more games put in, i think we are a couple of years away from a perfect Madden. Really like the new additions to the playbooks. Really all they need to work on is cornerback physics and they might have it close to solid. At least gamefly it and check it out.

FYI-I really like playing on slow better and you can do this online now with the community feature.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-13-2011, 01:26 PM   #6
Refusing to backpedal

RadsRock is a splendid one to beholdRadsRock is a splendid one to beholdRadsRock is a splendid one to behold
RadsRock is a splendid one to beholdRadsRock is a splendid one to beholdRadsRock is a splendid one to beholdRadsRock is a splendid one to beholdRadsRock is a splendid one to beholdRadsRock is a splendid one to beholdRadsRock is a splendid one to beholdRadsRock is a splendid one to beholdRadsRock is a splendid one to behold
I haven't bought Madden in 2 years. Loved the old gen game, loathed the 2 years I bought for PS3.

But I tried the demo, and daaaaaannng, I liked it. Seemed pretty realistic. Good gameplay feel. I think I'll get this version.

Seems you still can't run play-action though (or at least I couldn't - I think I called 2 and was sacked both).
RadsRock is offline Reply With Quote

Old 08-13-2011, 01:32 PM   #7
Refusing to backpedal

RadsRock is a splendid one to beholdRadsRock is a splendid one to beholdRadsRock is a splendid one to behold
RadsRock is a splendid one to beholdRadsRock is a splendid one to beholdRadsRock is a splendid one to beholdRadsRock is a splendid one to beholdRadsRock is a splendid one to beholdRadsRock is a splendid one to beholdRadsRock is a splendid one to beholdRadsRock is a splendid one to beholdRadsRock is a splendid one to behold
Quote:

Pros

-No more superlinebackers. YES!!
-Like the new hits they added Yes
-"feels better" (hard to explain) Yes
-gameflow is awesome now

Agree with all of this, except I haven't used gameflow much.

Cons

-Qbs are way too fast. If they don't fix this, it is a deal breaker for me. Didn't notice this. You mean scrambling?
-Kicking is wonky to me but probably user error. I liked it.
-doesn't really give you enough time to make defensive adjustments. Could be because I was using gameflow. No gameflow for me and I agree not really enough time, but not different than previous.

---
-

Surprised to find myself eager for the release.
RadsRock is offline Reply With Quote

Old 08-13-2011, 01:43 PM   #8
Welcome to Thunderdome

Brennan77 60K Burger Club
Brennan77 60K Burger ClubBrennan77 60K Burger ClubBrennan77 60K Burger ClubBrennan77 60K Burger ClubBrennan77 60K Burger ClubBrennan77 60K Burger ClubBrennan77 60K Burger ClubBrennan77 60K Burger Club
I do have to say that the animations and frame rate seem to be much smoother in the demo.
“We are not spared dark nights. They are clearly necessary, so that we can learn through suffering, so that we can acquire freedom and maturity and above all else a capacity for sympathy with others.” Pope Benedict XVI
Brennan77 is online now Reply With Quote

Old 08-15-2011, 09:33 AM   #9
you don't get me

antipop Prestigious Gold Club Memberantipop Prestigious Gold Club Memberantipop Prestigious Gold Club Memberantipop Prestigious Gold Club Memberantipop Prestigious Gold Club Memberantipop Prestigious Gold Club Memberantipop Prestigious Gold Club Member
antipop Prestigious Gold Club Memberantipop Prestigious Gold Club Memberantipop Prestigious Gold Club Memberantipop Prestigious Gold Club Memberantipop Prestigious Gold Club Memberantipop Prestigious Gold Club Member
the demo is awful

do not want

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-15-2011, 09:46 AM   #10
Super Forum Fanatic

Semper is a true SaintSemper is a true SaintSemper is a true SaintSemper is a true SaintSemper is a true Saint
Semper is a true SaintSemper is a true SaintSemper is a true SaintSemper is a true SaintSemper is a true SaintSemper is a true SaintSemper is a true SaintSemper is a true SaintSemper is a true SaintSemper is a true SaintSemper is a true SaintSemper is a true SaintSemper is a true SaintSemper is a true Saint
I hate that my choices are the darn packers and bears. I absolutely abhor the bears.

Semper is online now Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-15-2011, 03:41 PM   #11
Hall-of-Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by antipop View Post
the demo is awful

do not want
Well if it makes you feel any better, I have read in other forums that the version played at E3 was much better than the Demo.

---
-

Old 08-15-2011, 04:03 PM   #12
you don't get me

antipop Prestigious Gold Club Memberantipop Prestigious Gold Club Memberantipop Prestigious Gold Club Memberantipop Prestigious Gold Club Memberantipop Prestigious Gold Club Memberantipop Prestigious Gold Club Memberantipop Prestigious Gold Club Member
antipop Prestigious Gold Club Memberantipop Prestigious Gold Club Memberantipop Prestigious Gold Club Memberantipop Prestigious Gold Club Memberantipop Prestigious Gold Club Memberantipop Prestigious Gold Club Member
Quote:
Well if it makes you feel any better, I have read in other forums that the version played at E3 was much better than the Demo.

---
-
i feel better knowing i was never going to buy Madden

- Sent from my work PC using Keyboard

Old 08-15-2011, 04:26 PM   #13
Hall-of-Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by antipop View Post
i feel better knowing i was never going to buy Madden

- Sent from my work PC using Keyboard
So you admit you are a troll?

-Sent from Troll Hunters Headquarters.

Old 08-15-2011, 04:45 PM   #14
you don't get me

Quote:
So you admit you are a troll?

-Sent from Troll Hunters Headquarters.
i actually played the demo and thought it was awful

how does that make me a troll??

-Sent from my Pants using WDF's face