New Page 1
home Steve Gleasons Website
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Go Back   New Orleans Saints - Saints Report - Message Boards > GENERAL > Political Discussion Board

Google Ads
Sponsored Ads

Old 03-01-2012, 10:03 AM   #113
is not a rookie

Yoweigh is an Sr.com Hall of FamerYoweigh is an Sr.com Hall of FamerYoweigh is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Yoweigh is an Sr.com Hall of FamerYoweigh is an Sr.com Hall of FamerYoweigh is an Sr.com Hall of FamerYoweigh is an Sr.com Hall of FamerYoweigh is an Sr.com Hall of FamerYoweigh is an Sr.com Hall of FamerYoweigh is an Sr.com Hall of FamerYoweigh is an Sr.com Hall of FamerYoweigh is an Sr.com Hall of FamerYoweigh is an Sr.com Hall of FamerYoweigh is an Sr.com Hall of FamerYoweigh is an Sr.com Hall of FamerYoweigh is an Sr.com Hall of FamerYoweigh is an Sr.com Hall of FamerYoweigh is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleDoug View Post
The fact is the average temperature has trended down.
What?! According to who? Citation needed.

Random people on the internet accusing climate scientists of a "lack of understanding" just expose their own stupidity.
11/3/13 METLIFE STADIUM 10/6/13 SOLDIER FIELD 12/9/12 METLIFE STADIUM 10/21/12 RAYMOND JAMES STADIUM 11/13/11 GEORGIA DOME 10/9/11 BoA STADIUM 12/27/10 GEORGIA DOME 09/20/10 CANDLESTICK PARK 10/25/09 LANDSHARK STADIUM 12/10/07 GEORGIA DOME
Yoweigh is offline Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-01-2012, 05:15 PM   #114
Very Banned

Sarcastic 50K Burger ClubSarcastic 50K Burger ClubSarcastic 50K Burger ClubSarcastic 50K Burger Club
Sarcastic 50K Burger ClubSarcastic 50K Burger ClubSarcastic 50K Burger ClubSarcastic 50K Burger ClubSarcastic 50K Burger ClubSarcastic 50K Burger ClubSarcastic 50K Burger Club
Stoopid scientists, weather is obviously getting colder
Attached Images
File Type: jpg stoopid scientists.JPG (18.2 KB, 2 views)
Sarcastic is offline Reply With Quote

1 out of 4 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-04-2012, 10:15 AM   #115
What Does That Mean?

UncleDoug is marching in
UncleDoug is marching inUncleDoug is marching inUncleDoug is marching inUncleDoug is marching inUncleDoug is marching inUncleDoug is marching inUncleDoug is marching inUncleDoug is marching inUncleDoug is marching inUncleDoug is marching inUncleDoug is marching inUncleDoug is marching inUncleDoug is marching in
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebSaint View Post
If it to explain that there's significant disagreement within the scientific community about the causes/details/rate etc. of global warming, Then you would be correct.
What I have written should be placed in the correct category.

If people do not read or ignore entire segments or purposely misrepresent my position it is not on me to correct the record. People have repeated wrote, to paraphrase, that I think the average temperature is remaining the same, despite my repeatedly for literally years now having stated other wise.
UncleDoug is offline Reply With Quote

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-04-2012, 11:04 AM   #116
ALL-MADDEN TEAM

wcklink is a splendid one to beholdwcklink is a splendid one to beholdwcklink is a splendid one to behold
wcklink is a splendid one to beholdwcklink is a splendid one to beholdwcklink is a splendid one to beholdwcklink is a splendid one to beholdwcklink is a splendid one to beholdwcklink is a splendid one to beholdwcklink is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic View Post
Stoopid scientists, weather is obviously getting colder
Well, let's work on getting a forecast for next month, next quarter, and next year that is even remotely accurate before we toss a big pile of cash on a "problem" based on climate models that are off by orders of magnitude.

0 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-04-2012, 11:46 AM   #117
dtc
Patriotic Sin Pillows

Starcastle Champion

dtc Prestigious Gold Club Memberdtc Prestigious Gold Club Memberdtc Prestigious Gold Club Memberdtc Prestigious Gold Club Memberdtc Prestigious Gold Club Member
dtc Prestigious Gold Club Memberdtc Prestigious Gold Club Memberdtc Prestigious Gold Club Memberdtc Prestigious Gold Club Memberdtc Prestigious Gold Club Memberdtc Prestigious Gold Club Memberdtc Prestigious Gold Club Memberdtc Prestigious Gold Club Memberdtc Prestigious Gold Club Memberdtc Prestigious Gold Club Memberdtc Prestigious Gold Club Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by wcklink View Post
Well, let's work on getting a forecast for next month, next quarter, and next year that is even remotely accurate before we toss a big pile of cash on a "problem" based on climate models that are off by orders of magnitude.
I love this argument. It's awful close to saying you disagree that a quarter flipped 10,000 times is likely to come out 50/50 heads and tails because you can't predict with certainty the next 10 tries.

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-04-2012, 11:55 AM   #118
Homer-for-life

Sardonios is marching in
Sardonios is marching inSardonios is marching inSardonios is marching inSardonios is marching inSardonios is marching inSardonios is marching inSardonios is marching inSardonios is marching inSardonios is marching inSardonios is marching inSardonios is marching inSardonios is marching inSardonios is marching in
Quote:
Originally Posted by wcklink View Post
That's a false equivalence. Scientists have only vague predictive models to tell me whether I'll die tomorrow. They likewise can't tell me with strong accuracy whether I'll die in six months or six years. Obviously, then, they're talking directly out of their rectum when they tell me that they're reasonably certain that I'll be dead within the century without medical intervention. Bunch of shills for the medical-industrial complex.
Sardonios is offline Reply With Quote

Old 03-04-2012, 04:16 PM   #119
ALL-MADDEN TEAM

wcklink is a splendid one to beholdwcklink is a splendid one to beholdwcklink is a splendid one to behold
wcklink is a splendid one to beholdwcklink is a splendid one to beholdwcklink is a splendid one to beholdwcklink is a splendid one to beholdwcklink is a splendid one to beholdwcklink is a splendid one to beholdwcklink is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtradin View Post
I love this argument. It's awful close to saying you disagree that a quarter flipped 10,000 times is likely to come out 50/50 heads and tails because you can't predict with certainty the next 10 tries.
But I'm not asking that you bet billions on the outcome of something that you can't control. We have as much control over "climate change" as you do of flipping that coin and it coming up heads 10,000 times in a row.

0 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-04-2012, 04:33 PM   #120
Veteran Starter

Team 444 is becoming pretty popularTeam 444 is becoming pretty popularTeam 444 is becoming pretty popularTeam 444 is becoming pretty popularTeam 444 is becoming pretty popularTeam 444 is becoming pretty popularTeam 444 is becoming pretty popularTeam 444 is becoming pretty popularTeam 444 is becoming pretty popular
I love liberal fear and theory. It kind of reminds me of the kid in 10th grade who thinks he can solve all of the world's problems with no real understanding of its problem - or in many cases - if a perceived "problem" is even a "problem" at all.

The Earth is very, very, and I mean very old. Entertaining that we can hurt the Earth by negatively effecting something as constant as climate change is always a highly entertaining thread.
Team 444 is offline Reply With Quote

2 out of 12 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-04-2012, 07:41 PM   #121
Hall-of-Famer

lapaz is a splendid one to beholdlapaz is a splendid one to beholdlapaz is a splendid one to behold
lapaz is a splendid one to beholdlapaz is a splendid one to beholdlapaz is a splendid one to beholdlapaz is a splendid one to beholdlapaz is a splendid one to beholdlapaz is a splendid one to beholdlapaz is a splendid one to beholdlapaz is a splendid one to beholdlapaz is a splendid one to beholdlapaz is a splendid one to beholdlapaz is a splendid one to beholdlapaz is a splendid one to beholdlapaz is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team 444 View Post
I love liberal fear and theory. It kind of reminds me of the kid in 10th grade who thinks he can solve all of the world's problems with no real understanding of its problem - or in many cases - if a perceived "problem" is even a "problem" at all.

The Earth is very, very, and I mean very old. Entertaining that we can hurt the Earth by negatively effecting something as constant as climate change is always a highly entertaining thread.
Sarcasm on! I love conservative simple and close-mindedness. It's entertaining that some people think man CAN'T affect the climate. I suppose if we dropped our atomic bombs, there wouldn't be any effect on the climate?! I supposed if we cut down all the trees on earth and killed all plant life, it wouldn't affect the climate?! I suppose if we caused all oil wells to spill their contents into the ocean, and burned the rest, it wouldn't affect the climate?! I suppose if we burned-off the entire ozone layer, it wouldn't affect the climate!? Sarcasm off!

Obviously these are extreme examples, and I realize that the earth would eventually recover, but the point is that all of these actions would alter the climactic cycle, and they are all within man's capability. Noone has ever said that there isn't a natural climate cycle, but there are many things that can be done to exaserbate the cycle. We're not exactly "hurting" the earth, but we can certainly alter the state of the earth, and the existence of life as we know it. Now, consider all of the billions of chemicals we're spewing into the atmosphere. Those chemicals can similarly affect the climate, but the affect is much slower. It doesn't mean that they aren't as real, so it is ridiculous to discount the possibility out-of-hand.
lapaz is offline Reply With Quote

1 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-05-2012, 01:00 AM   #122
Hall-of-Famer

Brandon13 is marching in
Brandon13 is marching inBrandon13 is marching inBrandon13 is marching inBrandon13 is marching inBrandon13 is marching inBrandon13 is marching inBrandon13 is marching inBrandon13 is marching inBrandon13 is marching inBrandon13 is marching inBrandon13 is marching inBrandon13 is marching in
Quote:

How can be so absolutely certain on that? Maybe the negative effect humans have had on the climate is overblown, maybe by a lot, but how can you just absolutely say that humans cannot do any harm to it?

It seems like the height of naivete/ignorance to hold such a resolute position.
Brandon13 is online now Reply With Quote

Old 03-05-2012, 09:03 AM   #123
Subscribing Member

BIG E Prestigious Gold Club MemberBIG E Prestigious Gold Club MemberBIG E Prestigious Gold Club MemberBIG E Prestigious Gold Club Member
BIG E Prestigious Gold Club MemberBIG E Prestigious Gold Club MemberBIG E Prestigious Gold Club MemberBIG E Prestigious Gold Club MemberBIG E Prestigious Gold Club MemberBIG E Prestigious Gold Club MemberBIG E Prestigious Gold Club MemberBIG E Prestigious Gold Club MemberBIG E Prestigious Gold Club MemberBIG E Prestigious Gold Club MemberBIG E Prestigious Gold Club Member
"Rumor" Al Gore had a bounty on global warming skeptics.
BIG E is offline Reply With Quote

1 out of 5 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-05-2012, 12:27 PM   #124
What Does That Mean?

UncleDoug is marching in
UncleDoug is marching inUncleDoug is marching inUncleDoug is marching inUncleDoug is marching inUncleDoug is marching inUncleDoug is marching inUncleDoug is marching inUncleDoug is marching inUncleDoug is marching inUncleDoug is marching inUncleDoug is marching inUncleDoug is marching inUncleDoug is marching in
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoweigh View Post
These are (some of) the same people who played up the original climategate emails. Now someone has stabbed them in the back and confirmed what I have always suspected - conservative think tanks are actively trying to suppress science and confuse the public regarding climate change.

I wanted to make sure those quotes weren't taken out of context, so I looked at the source document. There I found another section detailing how the Heartland Institute directly provides cash to "high-profile individuals who regularly and publicly counter the alarmist AGW message." This organization is being funded by, among others, the Koch brothers. The Charles G. Koch Foundation alone gave them $200,000 in 2011.

I often see the anti-climate-science people claim that scientists are only saying what they say so that they can get grants. Well, here's clear evidence that the deniers are only saying what they say because they get paid to say it. The whole anti-AGW movement is a fraud funded by the people who stand to lose lose the most if we, as a nation, actually listened to reason.

This is a hell of a lot more damning that climategate ever was. Science is not a conspiracy. Antiscience is.
Climate Change: Uncertainties more deniers just getting paid.

You are the OP so you already know, or refuse to read anything that is in disagreement with you, that this is a fraud. The primary document from an anonymous source has several discrepancies and contains numerous phrase used by the scientist who provided the document in his other reports and essays. One article I cited commented on the "anti agw" funding and the millions being spent on pro agw organizations so $ 200,000 is literal a drop in the bucket spent on the issue.

But keep up the good work.
UncleDoug is offline Reply With Quote

1 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-05-2012, 12:50 PM   #125
Very Banned

Sarcastic 50K Burger ClubSarcastic 50K Burger ClubSarcastic 50K Burger ClubSarcastic 50K Burger Club
Sarcastic 50K Burger ClubSarcastic 50K Burger ClubSarcastic 50K Burger ClubSarcastic 50K Burger ClubSarcastic 50K Burger ClubSarcastic 50K Burger ClubSarcastic 50K Burger Club
No, if 200,000 was literal a drop in the bucket, it wouldn't be 200,000 dollars, it would be a drop of something in a bucket.

But keep up the good work
Sarcastic is offline Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-05-2012, 12:58 PM   #126
SR is my life!

mister pc has disabled reputation
Quote:

Of course, its so simple! I wonder why all these scientists have not thought about the fact that the earth is very, very, very, old. the Earth is old, so industrial activity by humans cannot impact the habitat. That just makes sense! I mean, the age of the Earth clearly proves that humans cannot negatively effect the ecosystem. We should email your findings to those dummies at NASA right away.
mister pc is offline Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.