New Page 1
home Steve Gleasons Website
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Go Back   New Orleans Saints - Saints Report - Message Boards > GENERAL > Political Discussion Board

Google Ads
Sponsored Ads

Old 02-15-2012, 02:58 PM   #43
BIRTH CONTROL IS IMMORAL

JimEverett is a true SaintJimEverett is a true SaintJimEverett is a true Saint
JimEverett is a true SaintJimEverett is a true SaintJimEverett is a true SaintJimEverett is a true SaintJimEverett is a true SaintJimEverett is a true SaintJimEverett is a true SaintJimEverett is a true SaintJimEverett is a true SaintJimEverett is a true SaintJimEverett is a true SaintJimEverett is a true SaintJimEverett is a true SaintJimEverett is a true SaintJimEverett is a true Saint
Quote:
Originally Posted by champ76 View Post
My anger is at big, overreaching government, and it starts at the top.
I thought you said the local school district was operating within its proper power?
JimEverett is offline Reply With Quote

Old 02-15-2012, 03:02 PM   #44
Lint smoker

RebSaint 40K Burger ClubRebSaint 40K Burger ClubRebSaint 40K Burger ClubRebSaint 40K Burger Club
RebSaint 40K Burger ClubRebSaint 40K Burger ClubRebSaint 40K Burger ClubRebSaint 40K Burger ClubRebSaint 40K Burger ClubRebSaint 40K Burger ClubRebSaint 40K Burger ClubRebSaint 40K Burger ClubRebSaint 40K Burger ClubRebSaint 40K Burger ClubRebSaint 40K Burger ClubRebSaint 40K Burger ClubRebSaint 40K Burger ClubRebSaint 40K Burger ClubRebSaint 40K Burger Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by champ76 View Post
My anger is at big, overreaching government, and it starts at the top.
I don't think "big, overreaching government" or "states rights" has anything to do with you being

Which to me, comes as no surprise.

Old 02-15-2012, 03:24 PM   #45
Subscribing Member

champ76 40K Burger Clubchamp76 40K Burger Clubchamp76 40K Burger Clubchamp76 40K Burger Club
champ76 40K Burger Clubchamp76 40K Burger Clubchamp76 40K Burger Clubchamp76 40K Burger Clubchamp76 40K Burger Clubchamp76 40K Burger Clubchamp76 40K Burger Clubchamp76 40K Burger Clubchamp76 40K Burger Clubchamp76 40K Burger Clubchamp76 40K Burger Clubchamp76 40K Burger Clubchamp76 40K Burger Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimEverett View Post
I thought you said the local school district was operating within its proper power?
Can't you be lawful and overreaching? Don't we see that every day? Isn't the complaint that government keeps expanding its power and authority?
champ76 is offline Reply With Quote

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-15-2012, 03:25 PM   #46
Subscribing Member

champ76 40K Burger Clubchamp76 40K Burger Clubchamp76 40K Burger Clubchamp76 40K Burger Club
champ76 40K Burger Clubchamp76 40K Burger Clubchamp76 40K Burger Clubchamp76 40K Burger Clubchamp76 40K Burger Clubchamp76 40K Burger Clubchamp76 40K Burger Clubchamp76 40K Burger Clubchamp76 40K Burger Clubchamp76 40K Burger Clubchamp76 40K Burger Clubchamp76 40K Burger Clubchamp76 40K Burger Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebSaint View Post
I don't think "big, overreaching government" or "states rights" has anything to do with you being

Which to me, comes as no surprise.
What is it then?

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-15-2012, 03:27 PM   #47
Iron Era Origional

Location: Seattle by way of DFW, Nacogdoches, Houston, Mandeville, Morgan City, and originating in Baton Rouge
Crzycjunx76 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCrzycjunx76 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCrzycjunx76 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCrzycjunx76 is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Crzycjunx76 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCrzycjunx76 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCrzycjunx76 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCrzycjunx76 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCrzycjunx76 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCrzycjunx76 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCrzycjunx76 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCrzycjunx76 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCrzycjunx76 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCrzycjunx76 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCrzycjunx76 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCrzycjunx76 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCrzycjunx76 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCrzycjunx76 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCrzycjunx76 is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic View Post
Inspecting parent-provided food is another issue entirely, but we never get anywhere on the FDA and the USDA (both corrupt) in this country because it gets buried in libertarian nonsense about Orwell
That is my primary issue with the situation actually. It never should have gotten to the nugget point because if the parent is providing a meal then it is none of the school or their administrators business what the child is eating. (well as long as there is nothing illegal therein). I do not care if it is State or Federal government... the principal is the same, butt out.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-15-2012, 03:35 PM   #48
be a light unto yourself

insidejob 40K Burger Clubinsidejob 40K Burger Clubinsidejob 40K Burger Clubinsidejob 40K Burger Clubinsidejob 40K Burger Clubinsidejob 40K Burger Clubinsidejob 40K Burger Club
insidejob 40K Burger Clubinsidejob 40K Burger Clubinsidejob 40K Burger Clubinsidejob 40K Burger Clubinsidejob 40K Burger Clubinsidejob 40K Burger Clubinsidejob 40K Burger Clubinsidejob 40K Burger Clubinsidejob 40K Burger Clubinsidejob 40K Burger Clubinsidejob 40K Burger Club
So, I am a vegeterian and my kids will be raised the same way. The government has a right to force my kids to eat meat? Yeah, I don't think so.
insidejob is offline Reply With Quote

Old 02-15-2012, 03:51 PM   #49
Living the Dream

Sandman 40K Burger ClubSandman 40K Burger ClubSandman 40K Burger ClubSandman 40K Burger Club
Sandman 40K Burger ClubSandman 40K Burger ClubSandman 40K Burger ClubSandman 40K Burger ClubSandman 40K Burger ClubSandman 40K Burger ClubSandman 40K Burger ClubSandman 40K Burger ClubSandman 40K Burger ClubSandman 40K Burger ClubSandman 40K Burger ClubSandman 40K Burger ClubSandman 40K Burger ClubSandman 40K Burger Club
I'm going on record here stating that I like chicken nuggets.
Sandman is offline Reply With Quote

Old 02-15-2012, 04:48 PM   #50
Hall-of-Famer

BuffaloSaint is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
BuffaloSaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBuffaloSaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBuffaloSaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBuffaloSaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBuffaloSaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBuffaloSaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBuffaloSaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBuffaloSaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBuffaloSaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBuffaloSaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBuffaloSaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBuffaloSaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBuffaloSaint is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
When I heard this story on Glenn Beck this was the call I wanted to make.

This policy is wrong and I'm sure it will be changed very soon, hopefully a court can come in and legislate to protect parents from the radical arm of this local government. I will also say that this is an excellent example of what can happen when you don't have a powerful top down federal government that helps to restrain the radicals that can easily take over a local school district, state or even region. It's a good thing that we have the Feds and the courts to protect us from such mayhem.

Old 02-15-2012, 04:57 PM   #51
Hall-of-Famer

Cosmic201 is a true SaintCosmic201 is a true SaintCosmic201 is a true SaintCosmic201 is a true Saint
Cosmic201 is a true SaintCosmic201 is a true SaintCosmic201 is a true SaintCosmic201 is a true SaintCosmic201 is a true SaintCosmic201 is a true SaintCosmic201 is a true SaintCosmic201 is a true SaintCosmic201 is a true SaintCosmic201 is a true SaintCosmic201 is a true Saint
Quote:
Originally Posted by insidejob View Post
So, I am a vegeterian and my kids will be raised the same way. The government has a right to force my kids to eat meat? Yeah, I don't think so.
No, the government would provide a course of protein. In your child's case, some sort of beans or bean products like a soy burger.

The new food....plate.
Cosmic201 is offline Reply With Quote

Old 02-15-2012, 05:01 PM   #52
Hall-of-Famer

Cosmic201 is a true SaintCosmic201 is a true SaintCosmic201 is a true SaintCosmic201 is a true Saint
Cosmic201 is a true SaintCosmic201 is a true SaintCosmic201 is a true SaintCosmic201 is a true SaintCosmic201 is a true SaintCosmic201 is a true SaintCosmic201 is a true SaintCosmic201 is a true SaintCosmic201 is a true SaintCosmic201 is a true SaintCosmic201 is a true Saint
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloSaint View Post

This policy is wrong and I'm sure it will be changed very soon, hopefully a court can come in and legislate to protect parents from the radical arm of this local government. I will also say that this is an excellent example of what can happen when you don't have a powerful top down federal government that helps to restrain the radicals that can easily take over a local school district, state or even region. It's a good thing that we have the Feds and the courts to protect us from such mayhem.

Once again, the policy isn't anything like what happened at the school. It was one school official setting their own policy.

The state policy is to simply inspect the school lunches brought in to make sure they fit with dietary guidelines. If they don't, they do no remove the brought lunch from the student. Instead they'll also give the sides or courses missing.

So just for example, if the lunch she brought of the turkey sandwich, two fruits, and the chips was found lacking dairy and a vegetable, they would simply give the child a carton of milk and some carrots.

This is a good thing for everyone involved. Children learn and grow better when they are getting a balanced diet. There are safeguards in place in case a child isn't getting enough or the right kinds of food from home.
Cosmic201 is offline Reply With Quote

Old 02-15-2012, 05:02 PM   #53
dtc
Patriotic Sin Pillows

Starcastle Champion

dtc Prestigious Gold Club Memberdtc Prestigious Gold Club Memberdtc Prestigious Gold Club Memberdtc Prestigious Gold Club Memberdtc Prestigious Gold Club Member
dtc Prestigious Gold Club Memberdtc Prestigious Gold Club Memberdtc Prestigious Gold Club Memberdtc Prestigious Gold Club Memberdtc Prestigious Gold Club Memberdtc Prestigious Gold Club Memberdtc Prestigious Gold Club Memberdtc Prestigious Gold Club Memberdtc Prestigious Gold Club Memberdtc Prestigious Gold Club Memberdtc Prestigious Gold Club Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic View Post
I agree completely that our tax dollars should not be spent on junk food. If you're going to spend money on food, make it nutritious. Conservative beliefs systems should entail careful and rightful spending of our money - ensuring kids have good nutrition on meals we provide is certainly within that category

What is pathetic, and the root of the issue here, is that the government has decided that chicken nuggets are nutritious (and pizza etc)

The problem isn't using tax dollars to pay for good nutrition, it's the government's twisted definition of "healthy" driven by big food

Inspecting parent-provided food is another issue entirely, but we never get anywhere on the FDA and the USDA (both corrupt) in this country because it gets buried in libertarian nonsense about Orwell
I have an honest question. Why aren't chicken nuggets healthy in proportion to the meal and who is the party responsible for defining ketchup as a vegetable and nuggets as nutritious?

Who is tyson buying to get fried chicken parts defined as healthy?

Old 02-15-2012, 05:03 PM   #54
Subscribing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic201 View Post
No, the government would provide a course of protein. In your child's case, some sort of beans or bean products like a soy burger.

The new food....plate.
Thank you government, for providing a course of protein.

Now take that protein and shove it up your

0 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-15-2012, 05:05 PM   #55
Subscribing Member

Quote:
This is a good thing for everyone involved. Children learn and grow better when they are getting a balanced diet. There are safeguards in place in case a child isn't getting enough or the right kinds of food from home.
Thank God the government is there to protect us from sack lunches.

And the kids only get the balanced diet if they eat the vegetables, which the child refused to do in this case.

Unless you want to propose that the child remain in the cafeteria until he or she finishes everything on his or her plate.

What have we come to?

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-15-2012, 05:12 PM   #56
Very Banned

Sarcastic 50K Burger ClubSarcastic 50K Burger ClubSarcastic 50K Burger ClubSarcastic 50K Burger Club
Sarcastic 50K Burger ClubSarcastic 50K Burger ClubSarcastic 50K Burger ClubSarcastic 50K Burger ClubSarcastic 50K Burger ClubSarcastic 50K Burger ClubSarcastic 50K Burger Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
I'm going on record here stating that I like chicken nuggets.
Saved. I'm going to take you down one day with this quote

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloSaint View Post

You sound way too sane to be listening to Glenn Beck

Quote:

The new food....plate.
That is such a cataclysmic oversimplification of human dietary needs, there isn't enough hyperbole in the world to explain how angry it makes me. My head literally just exploded

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtradin View Post
I have an honest question. Why aren't chicken nuggets healthy in proportion to the meal and who is the party responsible for defining ketchup as a vegetable and nuggets as nutritious?

Who is tyson buying to get fried chicken parts defined as healthy?
They're not technically "buying" anyone. USDA and FDA's top officials ALL, ALL come from big food companies. They are appointed to the staff for a while, and when they're done looking out for the big companies' needs for a while, they go back to that CEO-ish position at Tyson or whatever and get paid as much or more than before

The evidence is there - it's like they're doing shift work, all the big companies come together to collaborate on schedules - "Hey Tyson, it's your turn to do FDA this decade"

The fact is, every top official that is in charge of regulating food content and advertising and recommending proper diet to the public worked at a food corporation before, and will again.

It's been going on for a long time - search Netflix streaming for "food" under documentaries, there are several good ones.

Chicken nuggets count as protein but a turkey sandwich is unacceptable. I just can't get over that.
Sarcastic is offline Reply With Quote