Saintsreport.com Forums
home Steve Gleasons Website
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Do you want to remove the ads? Support the site by becoming a subscribing member.

Go Back   New Orleans Saints - Saints Report - Message Boards > GENERAL > Political Discussion Board

Old 01-11-2017, 05:08 AM   #15
dtc
Patriotic Sin Pillows

Starcastle Champion

dtc Prestigious Platinum Club Memberdtc Prestigious Platinum Club Memberdtc Prestigious Platinum Club Memberdtc Prestigious Platinum Club Memberdtc Prestigious Platinum Club Memberdtc Prestigious Platinum Club Memberdtc Prestigious Platinum Club Memberdtc Prestigious Platinum Club Memberdtc Prestigious Platinum Club Member
dtc Prestigious Platinum Club Memberdtc Prestigious Platinum Club Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by saint_cajun78 View Post
[ might Qmith rE=Galb.rea what do this660931]Fair enough and consistent to agree with the 51% that disapprove (or even the 29 that do so strongly). So I do think you're being sincere and honest.

Sorry, but more than a decade of adding boots on the ground and multiple surges (including one stamped by Obama that had more troops on the ground than the fsurge) failing doesn't give me any more confidence in the military self-assessment of troop levels and effectiveness than the history of Vietnam or Korea showed. If you can't seal the deal in a decade getting backdoor deployment extensions to maintain high troop levels, you lose the ability to keep asking for more and more. We can respect your service without being willing to write an endless blank check for either failure or a mission so ill defined it can never be won.

Just as I respect a doctor for trying to save a life or a detective for pursuing an investigation, I respect our troops. In those cases I wouldn't be willing to support a doctor still working on a patient past rigor mortis trying to bring him back nor would I support paying an investigator to work a case 40 hours a week for 10 years with no end in sight. I'd admire the passion, but not condone the further effort. Disagreeing with someone blind to the forest for being stuck in the middle of it is not refusing support.
Wow! I cannot believe you actually compared the wars in Vietnam and Korea to the current situation we are in. this is not a conventional war in the sense that we fought against those two other nations we are fighting a new type of enemy that does not follow the rules of engagement. Your complete and utter disregard to this fact shows me that you do not know the true facts of how we have come to this point. truth of the matter is that Obama prematurely took us out of Iraq before the job was completed thus thrusting us backwards and now we are trying to help the Iraqi military take back mosul. if we would have stayed and finished the job we would not be backtracking with less troops I might add. what a backhanded reply, you're going to sit there and try to put the blame on the military not getting the job done you my friend are not a patriot. if our troops wouldn't have been pulled out early as Obama tried so hard to do to make good on his promise, even though the job was not done and he knew this but instead he sucked up his pride and went through with it knowing he was screwing with the progress made. and as a result ISIS grew stronger in both Their military capabilities and the land that they controlled.[/QUOTE]

Truth of the matter, you are showing us the reasons we have a civilian CIC in charge of the military.

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-11-2017, 05:16 AM   #16
Subscribing Member

mt15 Prestigious Platinum Club Membermt15 Prestigious Platinum Club Membermt15 Prestigious Platinum Club Membermt15 Prestigious Platinum Club Membermt15 Prestigious Platinum Club Membermt15 Prestigious Platinum Club Membermt15 Prestigious Platinum Club Membermt15 Prestigious Platinum Club Membermt15 Prestigious Platinum Club Membermt15 Prestigious Platinum Club Member
mt15 Prestigious Platinum Club Membermt15 Prestigious Platinum Club Membermt15 Prestigious Platinum Club Membermt15 Prestigious Platinum Club Membermt15 Prestigious Platinum Club Membermt15 Prestigious Platinum Club Membermt15 Prestigious Platinum Club Membermt15 Prestigious Platinum Club Membermt15 Prestigious Platinum Club Membermt15 Prestigious Platinum Club Member
As someone who was alive when Vietnam was going on I find your assertion that this war is unlike Vietnam in that the enemy doesn't follow the rules of engagement to be fascinating.

11 out of 11 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-11-2017, 06:25 AM   #17
Hall-of-Famer

saint_cajun78 is an Sr.com Hall of Famersaint_cajun78 is an Sr.com Hall of Famersaint_cajun78 is an Sr.com Hall of Famersaint_cajun78 is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
saint_cajun78 is an Sr.com Hall of Famersaint_cajun78 is an Sr.com Hall of Famersaint_cajun78 is an Sr.com Hall of Famersaint_cajun78 is an Sr.com Hall of Famersaint_cajun78 is an Sr.com Hall of Famersaint_cajun78 is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyDunlop View Post
For someone that is attempting to lecture others on knowing the real facts, you sure seem to be misled about who was responsible for what in leaving Iraq.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.22805915a717

Let me guess, fake news right?

Maybe you have a link from Russia Today with a different take on things. Feel free to post it.
while it may be true that Bush's administration had a plan to withdraw by 2011 fact of the matter is Obama took over before that deadline and still decided to push for withdrawal from Iraq when he knew we shouldn't have. he should have done the right thing and reassess the situation and realized that it was not opportune to leave at that time instead he went ahead and withdrew the troops prematurely those are the facts.
saint_cajun78 is offline Reply With Quote

0 out of 11 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-11-2017, 06:48 AM   #18
Over 5k Red Thumbs Deserved

Galbreath34 has disabled reputation
Actually, Obama took a lot of heat from the left, myself included, for not keeping his promises to GT*O of both wars. He actually did amp up another surge, in fact, and seemed to be a total neo-con. I'm wondering how you forget all of this. Forget about more than doubling the drone program, including targeting US citizens. The worst part of his legacy is that he kept us further entangled.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-11-2017, 07:43 AM   #19
Administrator

Saint by the Bay Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSaint by the Bay Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSaint by the Bay Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSaint by the Bay Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSaint by the Bay Prestigious Platinum Club Member
Saint by the Bay Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSaint by the Bay Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSaint by the Bay Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSaint by the Bay Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSaint by the Bay Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSaint by the Bay Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSaint by the Bay Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSaint by the Bay Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSaint by the Bay Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSaint by the Bay Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSaint by the Bay Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSaint by the Bay Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSaint by the Bay Prestigious Platinum Club Member
He also attempted to negotiate to leave 10,000 in Iraq but the Iraqi government declined and wanted to stick to the agreement they signed with Bush.

In U.S. Exit From Iraq, Failed Efforts and Challenges - The New York Times

"You can't blame the "media" in an era where we ARE the media." --- Shane Hensley
Saint by the Bay is offline Reply With Quote

8 out of 8 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-11-2017, 08:13 AM   #20
matter vs. spirit

insidejob Prestigious Platinum Club Memberinsidejob Prestigious Platinum Club Memberinsidejob Prestigious Platinum Club Memberinsidejob Prestigious Platinum Club Memberinsidejob Prestigious Platinum Club Memberinsidejob Prestigious Platinum Club Member
insidejob Prestigious Platinum Club Memberinsidejob Prestigious Platinum Club Memberinsidejob Prestigious Platinum Club Memberinsidejob Prestigious Platinum Club Memberinsidejob Prestigious Platinum Club Memberinsidejob Prestigious Platinum Club Memberinsidejob Prestigious Platinum Club Memberinsidejob Prestigious Platinum Club Memberinsidejob Prestigious Platinum Club Memberinsidejob Prestigious Platinum Club Memberinsidejob Prestigious Platinum Club Memberinsidejob Prestigious Platinum Club Member
Can you please learn how to use the quote button? It's making reading your posts impossible when they're already hard to read to begin with.

Thanks.

2 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-11-2017, 08:16 AM   #21

I think it's a touchpad or something resetting the cursor inside the first tag. Happens to me sometimes on a laptop, but I usually notice and fix it. Nerdy coding guys probably more naturally recognize what went wrong and how it "should" be to work, and not all of us are cybermechanics. I'm assuming he didn't notice or wasn't comfortable fixing it. Ideally a mod could tweak it (uh oh, not calling out ).

Old 01-11-2017, 08:32 AM   #22
Veteran Starter

Poison is a glorious beacon of light
Poison is a glorious beacon of lightPoison is a glorious beacon of lightPoison is a glorious beacon of lightPoison is a glorious beacon of lightPoison is a glorious beacon of lightPoison is a glorious beacon of lightPoison is a glorious beacon of lightPoison is a glorious beacon of lightPoison is a glorious beacon of lightPoison is a glorious beacon of lightPoison is a glorious beacon of lightPoison is a glorious beacon of lightPoison is a glorious beacon of lightPoison is a glorious beacon of light
Out of curiosity, are there any statistics available concerning the composition of the military in terms of age, gender, ethnicity and income? My completely uninformed assumption is that there would be a large number of lower to middle income white males - i.e. the group with whom Obama has consistently had the lowest approval ratings.
Poison is online now Reply With Quote

Old 01-11-2017, 08:34 AM   #23

http://www.statisticbrain.com/demogr...-u-s-military/ should get you the basics.

Old 01-11-2017, 08:47 AM   #24
dtc
Patriotic Sin Pillows

Starcastle Champion

dtc Prestigious Platinum Club Memberdtc Prestigious Platinum Club Memberdtc Prestigious Platinum Club Memberdtc Prestigious Platinum Club Memberdtc Prestigious Platinum Club Memberdtc Prestigious Platinum Club Memberdtc Prestigious Platinum Club Memberdtc Prestigious Platinum Club Memberdtc Prestigious Platinum Club Member
dtc Prestigious Platinum Club Memberdtc Prestigious Platinum Club Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by saint_cajun78 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyDunlop View Post
For someone that is attempting to lecture others on knowing the real facts, you sure seem to be misled about who was responsible for what in leaving Iraq.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.22805915a717

Let me guess, fake news right?

Maybe you have a link from Russia Today with a different take on things. Feel free to post it.
while it may be true that Bush's administration had a plan to withdraw by 2011 fact of the matter is Obama took over before that deadline and still decided to push for withdrawal from Iraq when he knew we shouldn't have. he should have done the right thing and reassess the situation and realized that it was not opportune to leave at that time instead he went ahead and withdrew the troops prematurely those are the facts.
Except Iraq is a sovereign nation that refused to allow us to stay under terms agreeable to us.

You forgot that part and it's likely because you think what other nations want or think within their own borders or without is of no consequence and that the big bully USA can do what we want without recourse.

Again, you are illustrating why the military is under the command of civilians and always will be.

2 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-11-2017, 09:15 AM   #25
Combobulated

Location: a position or site occupied or available for occupancy or marked by some distinguishing feature.
Devildog Prestigious Platinum Club MemberDevildog Prestigious Platinum Club MemberDevildog Prestigious Platinum Club MemberDevildog Prestigious Platinum Club MemberDevildog Prestigious Platinum Club MemberDevildog Prestigious Platinum Club MemberDevildog Prestigious Platinum Club MemberDevildog Prestigious Platinum Club MemberDevildog Prestigious Platinum Club Member
Devildog Prestigious Platinum Club MemberDevildog Prestigious Platinum Club MemberDevildog Prestigious Platinum Club MemberDevildog Prestigious Platinum Club MemberDevildog Prestigious Platinum Club MemberDevildog Prestigious Platinum Club MemberDevildog Prestigious Platinum Club MemberDevildog Prestigious Platinum Club MemberDevildog Prestigious Platinum Club MemberDevildog Prestigious Platinum Club MemberDevildog Prestigious Platinum Club MemberDevildog Prestigious Platinum Club MemberDevildog Prestigious Platinum Club MemberDevildog Prestigious Platinum Club Member
Yes, we should all take military strategy points and policy from an enlisted airman, because they know all of the daily goings-on about geopolitical solutions.

/HUGESARCASM

8 out of 9 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-11-2017, 09:21 AM   #26
Super Forum Fanatic

retrobanana Prestigious Platinum Club Memberretrobanana Prestigious Platinum Club Memberretrobanana Prestigious Platinum Club Memberretrobanana Prestigious Platinum Club Memberretrobanana Prestigious Platinum Club Member
retrobanana Prestigious Platinum Club Memberretrobanana Prestigious Platinum Club Memberretrobanana Prestigious Platinum Club Memberretrobanana Prestigious Platinum Club Memberretrobanana Prestigious Platinum Club Memberretrobanana Prestigious Platinum Club Memberretrobanana Prestigious Platinum Club Memberretrobanana Prestigious Platinum Club Member
Military members overwhelmingly vote conservative so not like this is news or surprising or telling of anything.

Also not sure why I'm supposed to care. Is the average military member more informed than myself on national issues? Foreign policy? Not likely. There is nothing from an intellectual standpoint that makes their vote worth any more than mine or Meryl Streep or any other libbie thats bleeding from their vaginas.

9 out of 10 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-11-2017, 09:25 AM   #27
Combobulated

Location: a position or site occupied or available for occupancy or marked by some distinguishing feature.
Devildog Prestigious Platinum Club MemberDevildog Prestigious Platinum Club MemberDevildog Prestigious Platinum Club MemberDevildog Prestigious Platinum Club MemberDevildog Prestigious Platinum Club MemberDevildog Prestigious Platinum Club MemberDevildog Prestigious Platinum Club MemberDevildog Prestigious Platinum Club MemberDevildog Prestigious Platinum Club Member
Devildog Prestigious Platinum Club MemberDevildog Prestigious Platinum Club MemberDevildog Prestigious Platinum Club MemberDevildog Prestigious Platinum Club MemberDevildog Prestigious Platinum Club MemberDevildog Prestigious Platinum Club MemberDevildog Prestigious Platinum Club MemberDevildog Prestigious Platinum Club MemberDevildog Prestigious Platinum Club MemberDevildog Prestigious Platinum Club MemberDevildog Prestigious Platinum Club MemberDevildog Prestigious Platinum Club MemberDevildog Prestigious Platinum Club MemberDevildog Prestigious Platinum Club Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by retrobanana View Post
Military members overwhelmingly vote conservative so not like this is news or surprising or telling of anything.

Also not sure why I'm supposed to care. Is the average military member more informed than myself on national issues? Foreign policy? Not likely. There is nothing from an intellectual standpoint that makes their vote worth any more than mine or Meryl Streep or any other libbie thats bleeding from their vaginas.
Yes, military members do skew conservative. If they're anything like the units I was in while I was in the Marine Corps, you don't talk about it and no one gives a **** who the president is. People in the military, I myself having been one, while smarter than previous generations of military personnel, are not very educated on matters of national security or defense as a whole.

8 out of 8 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-11-2017, 09:36 AM   #28
party lamp

buzd Prestigious Platinum Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Platinum Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Platinum Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Platinum Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Platinum Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Platinum Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Platinum Club Member
buzd Prestigious Platinum Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Platinum Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Platinum Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Platinum Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Platinum Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Platinum Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Platinum Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Platinum Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Platinum Club Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galbreath34 View Post

Ideally a tech admin could tweak it (uh oh, not calling out ).
Happy?

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.