New Page 1
home Steve Gleasons Website
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Go Back   New Orleans Saints - Saints Report - Message Boards > GENERAL > Political Discussion Board

Google Ads
Latest Poll
It's been reported that Graham is looking for $12 mill/yr. You are Loomis, what would you do?
Give him the 12 mill per year
Give him Gronkowski money plus a little bit
Franchise tag him as a TE
Franchise tag him as a WR
Franchise tag him and try to trade him
Let him walk
Sponsored Ads

Old 02-18-2012, 07:15 PM   #29
Very Banned

6stringslide is a jewel in the rough
6stringslide is a jewel in the rough6stringslide is a jewel in the rough6stringslide is a jewel in the rough6stringslide is a jewel in the rough6stringslide is a jewel in the rough6stringslide is a jewel in the rough6stringslide is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLU View Post
Historically, this forum is overwhelmingly conservative.

8 years of GWBush followed by 4 years of GOP leadership under Obama makes everyone look like a liberal, even the Republicans...
Which 4 years would that be? I mean Obama had the first 2 years with both the house and senate and lost the the house in Nov 2010.
6stringslide is offline Reply With Quote

Old 02-19-2012, 01:43 AM   #30
lemme finish my beer....

saintmdterps is a true Saintsaintmdterps is a true Saintsaintmdterps is a true Saintsaintmdterps is a true Saint
saintmdterps is a true Saintsaintmdterps is a true Saintsaintmdterps is a true Saintsaintmdterps is a true Saintsaintmdterps is a true Saintsaintmdterps is a true Saintsaintmdterps is a true Saintsaintmdterps is a true Saintsaintmdterps is a true Saintsaintmdterps is a true Saintsaintmdterps is a true Saintsaintmdterps is a true Saint
Quote:
Originally Posted by wamland View Post
Its so cute how billionaires can now have their own pet politicians. Thanks supreme court.
Yep. Santorum is just the latest in a very long line of bought-and-paid-for politicians whose allegiance is not to the electorate. We have the best congress money can buy.

Old 02-19-2012, 04:48 AM   #31
All-Pro

drob8785 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdrob8785 is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
drob8785 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdrob8785 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdrob8785 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdrob8785 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdrob8785 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdrob8785 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdrob8785 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdrob8785 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdrob8785 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdrob8785 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdrob8785 is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6stringslide View Post
Which 4 years would that be? I mean Obama had the first 2 years with both the house and senate and lost the the house in Nov 2010.
I think his point was the leadership of the GOP post-2008, not who had control of the House.

The Congressional GOP leadership has been a disgrace during the Obama presidency. The administration made serious attempts to compromise and work with the GOP in the early part of Obama's term. Almost every instance was rebuffed with a flat NO from the GOP's leadership. Ultimately the Dems began ramming legislation through based on pure numbers.
drob8785 is offline Reply With Quote

Old 02-20-2012, 03:08 PM   #32
Super Forum Fanatic

dapperdan is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdapperdan is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
dapperdan is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdapperdan is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdapperdan is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdapperdan is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdapperdan is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdapperdan is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdapperdan is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdapperdan is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdapperdan is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdapperdan is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
If the Acropolis can be bought/sold/rented-out due to sovereign malfeasance, then I see no reason why Idaho couldn't, or wouldn't, follow in it's footsteps.

Ultimately, the sale of federal lands, the Presidio area in San Francisco comes immediately to mind, is going to be a part of the fiscal crisis solution.

Increasing taxes alone, is not going to be a stand-alone solution to the upcoming fiscal crisis. Asset sales will ultimately be a part of the overall solution.
dapperdan is offline Reply With Quote

1 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-20-2012, 05:15 PM   #33
dtc
Patriotic Sin Pillows

Starcastle Champion

dtc Prestigious Gold Club Memberdtc Prestigious Gold Club Memberdtc Prestigious Gold Club Memberdtc Prestigious Gold Club Memberdtc Prestigious Gold Club Member
dtc Prestigious Gold Club Memberdtc Prestigious Gold Club Memberdtc Prestigious Gold Club Memberdtc Prestigious Gold Club Memberdtc Prestigious Gold Club Memberdtc Prestigious Gold Club Memberdtc Prestigious Gold Club Memberdtc Prestigious Gold Club Memberdtc Prestigious Gold Club Memberdtc Prestigious Gold Club Memberdtc Prestigious Gold Club Memberdtc Prestigious Gold Club Memberdtc Prestigious Gold Club Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by dapperdan View Post
If the Acropolis can be bought/sold/rented-out due to sovereign malfeasance, then I see no reason why Idaho couldn't, or wouldn't, follow in it's footsteps.

Ultimately, the sale of federal lands, the Presidio area in San Francisco comes immediately to mind, is going to be a part of the fiscal crisis solution.

Increasing taxes alone, is not going to be a stand-alone solution to the upcoming fiscal crisis. Asset sales will ultimately be a part of the overall solution.
Some are going to be surprised with my response, but there's an opportunity here that needs to be explored. You mention the Presidio property. It's not something I'm very familiar with except that when I was a kid I was there with my dad on business and it was very beautiful. I understand it's no longer useful for it's Naval purpose and what to do? I am very familiar with NAS Pensacola and know it is the most beautiful piece of property anywhere in the area. And, I know it's very, very big. As such, it's an enormously valuable piece of land.

Strategic placement of military bases - particularly naval bases - are, by coincidence, very often exactly where the most valuable land is in today's market. Were the day to come where NAS Pensacola was closed, the sale could be worth billions. I don't see why we can't lease/sell or otherwise use the land to fund the operations of government. At all.