New Page 1
home Steve Gleasons Website
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Go Back   New Orleans Saints - Saints Report - Message Boards > GENERAL > Political Discussion Board

Google Ads
Latest Poll
Grade the Saints 2014 Draft
A
B
C
D
F
Sponsored Ads

Old 05-30-2011, 04:51 PM   #99
Very Banned

Gingerbread Man is on a distinguished roadGingerbread Man is on a distinguished roadGingerbread Man is on a distinguished roadGingerbread Man is on a distinguished roadGingerbread Man is on a distinguished roadGingerbread Man is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingerbread Man View Post
What's wrong with the Republican party is that its moral compass has been inverted and whoever's at the reins always has more brain capacity than useful knowledge. Ideally, to me at least, Liberals demand progress and conservatives make sure that things don't get out of hand. BO is basically doing the job of both parties right now.
I can only assume that whoever neg-repped this is a Tea Party acolyte, because otherwise, you're misunderstanding my post.
Gingerbread Man is offline Reply With Quote

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-30-2011, 05:50 PM   #100
Still P***ed at Yoko

Mr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger Club
Mr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingerbread Man View Post

I can only assume that whoever neg-repped this is a Tea Party acolyte, because otherwise, you're misunderstanding my post.

oh don't worry GM-- you'll get lots of neg reps here based on personal dislike that members form from other posts, and having nothing to do with the actual content of the post getting neg repped.. just watch the bottom right-hand corner of this post over the next several hours to see what i mean.
Mr. Blue Sky is offline Reply With Quote

1 out of 4 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-30-2011, 06:06 PM   #101
Truth Addict

Location: Close enough to Atlanta to smell the stink of Falcons
V Chip Prestigious Gold Club MemberV Chip Prestigious Gold Club MemberV Chip Prestigious Gold Club MemberV Chip Prestigious Gold Club MemberV Chip Prestigious Gold Club MemberV Chip Prestigious Gold Club MemberV Chip Prestigious Gold Club MemberV Chip Prestigious Gold Club Member
V Chip Prestigious Gold Club MemberV Chip Prestigious Gold Club MemberV Chip Prestigious Gold Club MemberV Chip Prestigious Gold Club MemberV Chip Prestigious Gold Club MemberV Chip Prestigious Gold Club MemberV Chip Prestigious Gold Club MemberV Chip Prestigious Gold Club MemberV Chip Prestigious Gold Club MemberV Chip Prestigious Gold Club MemberV Chip Prestigious Gold Club MemberV Chip Prestigious Gold Club MemberV Chip Prestigious Gold Club MemberV Chip Prestigious Gold Club Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bongzilla View Post
How quickly everyone forgets I guess. Its Ok, we killed someone recently so nothing else these past 3 years should matter. Im not here to argue politics, I have much better things to do with my time. Just thought I would give my opinion on what is wrong with the republican party.....

that was the question asked by the OP correct?
Ok so you're not here to argue politics but making an incendiary drive-by post without backing assertion is fine? And then not providing the link for the quote... so I go out and check and it is a Heritage Foundation report? And that report uses it's definition of "welfare" to mean anything that a poor or low-income person can utilize? So for instance -- Child tax credits, or EITC, or any tax credit that gets phased out at higher income levels -- that's "Welfare." Pell Grants or education grants -- "welfare." Tax benefits for daycare -- "welfare." Job Training (which actually benefits the employers) -- "welfare." Medicaid -- "welfare." Unemployment (although anyone can claim unemployment, regardless of income level) - "welfare."

Of course, they didn't count 401K tax breaks as welfare, or the reduced tax rate for capital gains as welfare, or tax credits for reinvestment, or tax credits for mortgage interest, or charitable donations, or investment capital loss deductions, and definitely not the TARF nor the tax credits for businesses that allow then to pay effective rates of 0 although their revenue is in the billions.

Pretty much the whole report is a pile of partisan crap.

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it. -- Neil Degrasse Tyson

Did you find this post helpful?    | 
V Chip is online now Reply With Quote

5 out of 5 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-30-2011, 08:36 PM   #102
I Am Not Like The Others

Ice Bowl has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Blue Sky View Post
oh don't worry GM-- you'll get lots of neg reps here based on personal dislike that members form from other posts, and having nothing to do with the actual content of the post getting neg repped.. just watch the bottom right-hand corner of this post over the next several hours to see what i mean.
Quote:
1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Ha-ha! Made you look silly!

Old 05-30-2011, 09:21 PM   #103
Still P***ed at Yoko

Mr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger Club
Mr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger Club
Quote:

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful

you spoke too soon.
Mr. Blue Sky is offline Reply With Quote

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-06-2011, 01:37 PM   #104
More than 15K posts served!

Taurus 50K Burger ClubTaurus 50K Burger ClubTaurus 50K Burger ClubTaurus 50K Burger Club
Taurus 50K Burger ClubTaurus 50K Burger ClubTaurus 50K Burger ClubTaurus 50K Burger ClubTaurus 50K Burger ClubTaurus 50K Burger ClubTaurus 50K Burger Club
Exhibit W-23/B

Newt Gingrich, maybe the most 'serious' and experienced of the GOP candidates for 2012 is defending the AFA.

http://blogs.alternet.org/speakeasy/2011/04/05/21719/

Why is this a "What is wrong with them," moment?

Here's a bit from AFA Director of Government and Policy Analysis, Bryan Fischer:

Quote:
We have feminized the Medal of Honor.

. . .When we think of heroism in battle, we used the think of our boys storming the beaches of Normandy under withering fire, climbing the cliffs of Pointe do Hoc while enemy soldiers fired straight down on them, and tossing grenades into pill boxes to take out gun emplacements.

That kind of heroism has apparently become passe when it comes to awarding the Medal of Honor. We now award it only for preventing casualties, not for inflicting them.

So the question is this: when are we going to start awarding the Medal of Honor once again for soldiers who kill people and break things so our families can sleep safely at night?
He's commenting on the CMOH being awarded to Salvatore Giunta.
http://www.army.mil/medalofhonor/giunta/citation.html

Fischer isn't some random member on the fringe, mind. He's a director specifically tasked with government policy development and political interaction.

As much as I enjoy the trainwreck, somebody somewhere needs to save the GOP from itself.

Trigeminal Neuralgia rocks your face!
Taurus is offline Reply With Quote

Old 06-07-2011, 01:29 AM   #105
Very Banned

Shawn is a true SaintShawn is a true SaintShawn is a true SaintShawn is a true Saint
Shawn is a true SaintShawn is a true SaintShawn is a true SaintShawn is a true SaintShawn is a true SaintShawn is a true SaintShawn is a true SaintShawn is a true SaintShawn is a true SaintShawn is a true SaintShawn is a true SaintShawn is a true SaintShawn is a true SaintShawn is a true Saint
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taurus View Post
Exhibit W-23/B

Newt Gingrich, maybe the most 'serious' and experienced of the GOP candidates for 2012 is defending the AFA.

http://blogs.alternet.org/speakeasy/2011/04/05/21719/

Why is this a "What is wrong with them," moment?

Here's a bit from AFA Director of Government and Policy Analysis, Bryan Fischer:

He's commenting on the CMOH being awarded to Salvatore Giunta.
http://www.army.mil/medalofhonor/giunta/citation.html

Fischer isn't some random member on the fringe, mind. He's a director specifically tasked with government policy development and political interaction.

As much as I enjoy the trainwreck, somebody somewhere needs to save the GOP from itself.
Are you a communist?
Shawn is offline Reply With Quote

Old 06-13-2011, 06:14 PM   #106

Taurus 50K Burger ClubTaurus 50K Burger ClubTaurus 50K Burger ClubTaurus 50K Burger Club
Taurus 50K Burger ClubTaurus 50K Burger ClubTaurus 50K Burger ClubTaurus 50K Burger ClubTaurus 50K Burger ClubTaurus 50K Burger ClubTaurus 50K Burger Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
Are you a communist?
If finding it utterly ridiculous that the GOP can, with a straight face, maintain that they're the party of fiscal responsibility and less-intrusive government means I'm a communist then color me red, Comrade.

Oh, and BTW:

Exhibit Eludium-Q 38:

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/201...m-rape-incest/

Old 06-13-2011, 06:26 PM   #107
Iron Era Origional

Location: Seattle by way of DFW, Nacogdoches, Houston, Mandeville, Morgan City, and originating in Baton Rouge
Crzycjunx76 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCrzycjunx76 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCrzycjunx76 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCrzycjunx76 is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Crzycjunx76 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCrzycjunx76 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCrzycjunx76 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCrzycjunx76 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCrzycjunx76 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCrzycjunx76 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCrzycjunx76 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCrzycjunx76 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCrzycjunx76 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCrzycjunx76 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCrzycjunx76 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCrzycjunx76 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCrzycjunx76 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCrzycjunx76 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCrzycjunx76 is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Whats wrong with it? Bachmann, Pawlenty, Santorum, and Cain are invited to the New Hampshire debate and Gary Johnson is not because they are somehow more "qualified" and "legitimate candidates"...

Old 06-27-2011, 12:13 PM   #108

Ho-ley ****!

Does anyone recall the 'logical extreme' example I've used in abortion discussions saying that if a zygote is a 'person' at conception and abortion is defined as murder, then you'd have criminal investigations perpetrated on women who've miscarried or had a stillbirth?

I thought that was an out-there 1984 style conclusion to that line of thinking.

I had no idea it was actually going on.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011...murder-charges

If, by some heartbreaking stroke of bad luck, you're unfortunate enough to have ovaries instead of testicles, the GOP views you as a chattel babymaking machine, nothing more.

I've got to do more research on this so I can find out which states to counsel my daughters to avoid at all costs.

Old 06-27-2011, 12:17 PM   #109
Very Banned

Jonesy77 40K Burger ClubJonesy77 40K Burger ClubJonesy77 40K Burger ClubJonesy77 40K Burger ClubJonesy77 40K Burger Club
Jonesy77 40K Burger ClubJonesy77 40K Burger ClubJonesy77 40K Burger ClubJonesy77 40K Burger ClubJonesy77 40K Burger ClubJonesy77 40K Burger ClubJonesy77 40K Burger ClubJonesy77 40K Burger ClubJonesy77 40K Burger ClubJonesy77 40K Burger ClubJonesy77 40K Burger ClubJonesy77 40K Burger ClubJonesy77 40K Burger ClubJonesy77 40K Burger Club
Quote:
If, by some heartbreaking stroke of bad luck, you're unfortunate enough to have ovaries instead of testicles, the GOP views you as a chattel babymaking machine, nothing more.
That is patently false liberal horsecrap. In addition to being babymaking machines, we also view women as cooks, maids and gardeners,
Jonesy77 is offline Reply With Quote

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-27-2011, 12:30 PM   #110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesy77 View Post
That is patently false liberal horsecrap. In addition to being babymaking machines, we also view women as cooks, maids and gardeners,
That's just what they do between/during pregnancies.

Old 06-27-2011, 03:32 PM   #111
dtc
Patriotic Sin Pillows

Starcastle Champion

dtc Prestigious Gold Club Memberdtc Prestigious Gold Club Memberdtc Prestigious Gold Club Memberdtc Prestigious Gold Club Memberdtc Prestigious Gold Club Memberdtc Prestigious Gold Club Memberdtc Prestigious Gold Club Member
dtc Prestigious Gold Club Memberdtc Prestigious Gold Club Memberdtc Prestigious Gold Club Memberdtc Prestigious Gold Club Memberdtc Prestigious Gold Club Memberdtc Prestigious Gold Club Memberdtc Prestigious Gold Club Memberdtc Prestigious Gold Club Memberdtc Prestigious Gold Club Memberdtc Prestigious Gold Club Memberdtc Prestigious Gold Club Memberdtc Prestigious Gold Club Memberdtc Prestigious Gold Club Memberdtc Prestigious Gold Club Memberdtc Prestigious Gold Club Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesy77 View Post
So close, but so far. If only you guys realized the usefulness of birth control you could enjoy all the pluses without having to have an 9 bedroom house.

Old 06-27-2011, 03:49 PM   #112
Wearing Saints Goggles

bobad is an Sr.com Hall of Famerbobad is an Sr.com Hall of Famerbobad is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
bobad is an Sr.com Hall of Famerbobad is an Sr.com Hall of Famerbobad is an Sr.com Hall of Famerbobad is an Sr.com Hall of Famerbobad is an Sr.com Hall of Famerbobad is an Sr.com Hall of Famerbobad is an Sr.com Hall of Famerbobad is an Sr.com Hall of Famerbobad is an Sr.com Hall of Famerbobad is an Sr.com Hall of Famerbobad is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
I think you have that backward. Look what the GOP accomplished in 2010, more significant because it's a census year: They , gained over 600 Federal and State Congressional seats. In June of 2011, a "unnamed" GOP candidate beats Obama. How is that even remotely a train wreck, and why do they need saving from themselves?
bobad is offline Reply With Quote