Saintsreport.com Forums
home Steve Gleasons Website
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Do you want to remove the ads? Support the site by becoming a subscribing member.

Go Back   New Orleans Saints - Saints Report - Message Boards > GENERAL > Political Discussion Board

Old 06-13-2011, 07:14 PM   #106
More than 15K posts served!

Taurus Prestigious Platinum Club MemberTaurus Prestigious Platinum Club MemberTaurus Prestigious Platinum Club MemberTaurus Prestigious Platinum Club MemberTaurus Prestigious Platinum Club MemberTaurus Prestigious Platinum Club MemberTaurus Prestigious Platinum Club MemberTaurus Prestigious Platinum Club Member
Taurus Prestigious Platinum Club MemberTaurus Prestigious Platinum Club MemberTaurus Prestigious Platinum Club Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
Are you a communist?
If finding it utterly ridiculous that the GOP can, with a straight face, maintain that they're the party of fiscal responsibility and less-intrusive government means I'm a communist then color me red, Comrade.

Oh, and BTW:

Exhibit Eludium-Q 38:

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/201...m-rape-incest/

Trigeminal Neuralgia rocks your face!
Taurus is offline Reply With Quote

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-13-2011, 07:26 PM   #107
Iron Era Origional

Location: Seattle by way of DFW, Nacogdoches, Houston, Mandeville, Morgan City, and originating in Baton Rouge
Crzycjunx76 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerCrzycjunx76 is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Crzycjunx76 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerCrzycjunx76 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerCrzycjunx76 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerCrzycjunx76 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerCrzycjunx76 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerCrzycjunx76 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerCrzycjunx76 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerCrzycjunx76 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerCrzycjunx76 is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Whats wrong with it? Bachmann, Pawlenty, Santorum, and Cain are invited to the New Hampshire debate and Gary Johnson is not because they are somehow more "qualified" and "legitimate candidates"...

Old 06-27-2011, 01:13 PM   #108

Taurus Prestigious Platinum Club MemberTaurus Prestigious Platinum Club MemberTaurus Prestigious Platinum Club MemberTaurus Prestigious Platinum Club MemberTaurus Prestigious Platinum Club MemberTaurus Prestigious Platinum Club MemberTaurus Prestigious Platinum Club MemberTaurus Prestigious Platinum Club Member
Taurus Prestigious Platinum Club MemberTaurus Prestigious Platinum Club MemberTaurus Prestigious Platinum Club Member
Ho-ley ****!

Does anyone recall the 'logical extreme' example I've used in abortion discussions saying that if a zygote is a 'person' at conception and abortion is defined as murder, then you'd have criminal investigations perpetrated on women who've miscarried or had a stillbirth?

I thought that was an out-there 1984 style conclusion to that line of thinking.

I had no idea it was actually going on.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011...murder-charges

If, by some heartbreaking stroke of bad luck, you're unfortunate enough to have ovaries instead of testicles, the GOP views you as a chattel babymaking machine, nothing more.

I've got to do more research on this so I can find out which states to counsel my daughters to avoid at all costs.

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-27-2011, 01:17 PM   #109
Banned

Jonesy77 40K Burger ClubJonesy77 40K Burger ClubJonesy77 40K Burger ClubJonesy77 40K Burger ClubJonesy77 40K Burger Club
Jonesy77 40K Burger ClubJonesy77 40K Burger ClubJonesy77 40K Burger ClubJonesy77 40K Burger ClubJonesy77 40K Burger ClubJonesy77 40K Burger ClubJonesy77 40K Burger ClubJonesy77 40K Burger ClubJonesy77 40K Burger ClubJonesy77 40K Burger ClubJonesy77 40K Burger ClubJonesy77 40K Burger ClubJonesy77 40K Burger ClubJonesy77 40K Burger ClubJonesy77 40K Burger Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taurus View Post
If, by some heartbreaking stroke of bad luck, you're unfortunate enough to have ovaries instead of testicles, the GOP views you as a chattel babymaking machine, nothing more.
That is patently false liberal horsecrap. In addition to being babymaking machines, we also view women as cooks, maids and gardeners,
Jonesy77 is offline Reply With Quote

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-27-2011, 01:30 PM   #110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesy77 View Post
That is patently false liberal horsecrap. In addition to being babymaking machines, we also view women as cooks, maids and gardeners,
That's just what they do between/during pregnancies.

Old 06-27-2011, 04:32 PM   #111
dtc
Patriotic Sin Pillows

Starcastle Champion

dtc Prestigious Platinum Club Memberdtc Prestigious Platinum Club Memberdtc Prestigious Platinum Club Memberdtc Prestigious Platinum Club Memberdtc Prestigious Platinum Club Memberdtc Prestigious Platinum Club Member
dtc Prestigious Platinum Club Memberdtc Prestigious Platinum Club Memberdtc Prestigious Platinum Club Memberdtc Prestigious Platinum Club Memberdtc Prestigious Platinum Club Memberdtc Prestigious Platinum Club Memberdtc Prestigious Platinum Club Memberdtc Prestigious Platinum Club Memberdtc Prestigious Platinum Club Memberdtc Prestigious Platinum Club Memberdtc Prestigious Platinum Club Memberdtc Prestigious Platinum Club Memberdtc Prestigious Platinum Club Memberdtc Prestigious Platinum Club Member
Quote:
So close, but so far. If only you guys realized the usefulness of birth control you could enjoy all the pluses without having to have an 9 bedroom house.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-27-2011, 04:49 PM   #112
Son of Adam

bobad Prestigious Gold Club Memberbobad Prestigious Gold Club Memberbobad Prestigious Gold Club Memberbobad Prestigious Gold Club Memberbobad Prestigious Gold Club Memberbobad Prestigious Gold Club Member
bobad Prestigious Gold Club Memberbobad Prestigious Gold Club Memberbobad Prestigious Gold Club Memberbobad Prestigious Gold Club Memberbobad Prestigious Gold Club Memberbobad Prestigious Gold Club Memberbobad Prestigious Gold Club Memberbobad Prestigious Gold Club Memberbobad Prestigious Gold Club Memberbobad Prestigious Gold Club Member
Quote:
As much as I enjoy the trainwreck, somebody somewhere needs to save the GOP from itself.
I think you have that backward. Look what the GOP accomplished in 2010, more significant because it's a census year: They , gained over 600 Federal and State Congressional seats. In June of 2011, a "unnamed" GOP candidate beats Obama. How is that even remotely a train wreck, and why do they need saving from themselves?
bobad is online now Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-27-2011, 05:03 PM   #113
No freaking way...

covingtondog is an Sr.com Hall of Famercovingtondog is an Sr.com Hall of Famercovingtondog is an Sr.com Hall of Famercovingtondog is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
covingtondog is an Sr.com Hall of Famercovingtondog is an Sr.com Hall of Famercovingtondog is an Sr.com Hall of Famercovingtondog is an Sr.com Hall of Famercovingtondog is an Sr.com Hall of Famercovingtondog is an Sr.com Hall of Famercovingtondog is an Sr.com Hall of Famercovingtondog is an Sr.com Hall of Famercovingtondog is an Sr.com Hall of Famercovingtondog is an Sr.com Hall of Famercovingtondog is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
Women are terrible gardeners.

Old 06-27-2011, 05:08 PM   #114
Dre

Dre is a true SaintDre is a true SaintDre is a true SaintDre is a true SaintDre is a true SaintDre is a true Saint
Dre is a true SaintDre is a true SaintDre is a true SaintDre is a true SaintDre is a true SaintDre is a true SaintDre is a true SaintDre is a true SaintDre is a true SaintDre is a true SaintDre is a true SaintDre is a true SaintDre is a true Saint
I took care of a drunk, cocaine-high pregnant woman a few weeks ago. I told her that those chemicals were bad for the baby, and she and her husband laughed as she said, "yeah, yeah, yeah." Go Tennessee!
Dre is offline Reply With Quote

Old 06-27-2011, 05:22 PM   #115
Still P***ed at Yoko

Mr. Blue Sky Prestigious Gold Club MemberMr. Blue Sky Prestigious Gold Club MemberMr. Blue Sky Prestigious Gold Club MemberMr. Blue Sky Prestigious Gold Club MemberMr. Blue Sky Prestigious Gold Club Member
Mr. Blue Sky Prestigious Gold Club MemberMr. Blue Sky Prestigious Gold Club MemberMr. Blue Sky Prestigious Gold Club MemberMr. Blue Sky Prestigious Gold Club MemberMr. Blue Sky Prestigious Gold Club MemberMr. Blue Sky Prestigious Gold Club MemberMr. Blue Sky Prestigious Gold Club Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dre View Post

I took care of a drunk, cocaine-high pregnant woman a few weeks ago. I told her that those chemicals were bad for the baby, and she and her husband laughed as she said, "yeah, yeah, yeah." Go Tennessee!

what did the authorities do once you reported them?
Mr. Blue Sky is offline Reply With Quote

Old 06-27-2011, 05:57 PM   #116

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dre View Post
Should the fetus expire, ought she to serve 20-to-life?

Old 06-27-2011, 06:01 PM   #117
Banned

Jonesy77 40K Burger ClubJonesy77 40K Burger ClubJonesy77 40K Burger ClubJonesy77 40K Burger ClubJonesy77 40K Burger Club
Jonesy77 40K Burger ClubJonesy77 40K Burger ClubJonesy77 40K Burger ClubJonesy77 40K Burger ClubJonesy77 40K Burger ClubJonesy77 40K Burger ClubJonesy77 40K Burger ClubJonesy77 40K Burger ClubJonesy77 40K Burger ClubJonesy77 40K Burger ClubJonesy77 40K Burger ClubJonesy77 40K Burger ClubJonesy77 40K Burger ClubJonesy77 40K Burger ClubJonesy77 40K Burger Club
Quote:
Should the fetus expire, ought she to serve 20-to-life?
no, but she should be sterilized
Jonesy77 is offline Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-27-2011, 06:16 PM   #118

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobad View Post
I think you have that backward. Look what the GOP accomplished in 2010, more significant because it's a census year: They , gained over 600 Federal and State Congressional seats. In June of 2011, a "unnamed" GOP candidate beats Obama. How is that even remotely a train wreck, and why do they need saving from themselves?
The GOP wins when the Dems lose. Or do you think the 2008 elections represented the strength of the Donkey Party?

Old 06-27-2011, 06:34 PM   #119
Son of Adam

bobad Prestigious Gold Club Memberbobad Prestigious Gold Club Memberbobad Prestigious Gold Club Memberbobad Prestigious Gold Club Memberbobad Prestigious Gold Club Memberbobad Prestigious Gold Club Member
bobad Prestigious Gold Club Memberbobad Prestigious Gold Club Memberbobad Prestigious Gold Club Memberbobad Prestigious Gold Club Memberbobad Prestigious Gold Club Memberbobad Prestigious Gold Club Memberbobad Prestigious Gold Club Memberbobad Prestigious Gold Club Memberbobad Prestigious Gold Club Memberbobad Prestigious Gold Club Member
Quote:
The GOP wins when the Dems lose. Or do you think the 2008 elections represented the strength of the Donkey Party?
I think the 2008 elections caught Conservatives unaware of what Obama was. There were no GOP candidates that inspired them enough to get immersed in the putrid political process, so they took whatever came.

They're awake now. This time around, they are still not so much fired up for most the GOP candidates, but they are now aware of what Obama is, and are also on fire about issues.

I may be wrong, but I think I'm close.
bobad is online now Reply With Quote

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-27-2011, 06:36 PM   #120
Super Forum Fanatic

N.O.Bronco has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobad View Post
And on the other side of that coin look at how favorable republican governors are looking in swing state polls and how republicans in congress are looking right now:

Quote:

Second one is a collection from Gallup, news week and others. With a news week one in mid October being an outlier.
And now that they have republicans on the job it seems like the people in some of the most important states for a presidential election are having second thoughts about their state leadership and congressional representatives.

I don't think this new republican era is quite as golden as you think it is right now. If these people don't like their republican state leadership what makes you think they want that same leadership also governing them federally?

I'm not saying a republican can't win in 2012 but I do think that a number of republican posters on this site have gotten pretentiously cocky, proclaiming unequivocally that a republican will sit in the white house next year.

I'm guessing a lot of it seems to be a product of only seeing one side of the evidence and either not seeking out, or not realizing the other side of it. Perhaps it may just be an issue of riding the high of the 2010 elections and forgetting that things happen in between elections that can change public opinion which needs to be accounted for when making an intelligent assessment. Yeah they won a lot of seats and governorships, but in the states that really matter for a presidential election, republicans have seemingly overall lost most of that luster they rode into office with if these opinion polls are to be believed
N.O.Bronco is offline Reply With Quote

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful.