Saintsreport.com Forums
home Steve Gleasons Website
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Do you want to remove the ads? Support the site by becoming a subscribing member.

Go Back   New Orleans Saints - Saints Report - Message Boards > GENERAL > Political Discussion Board

Old 06-20-2017, 07:58 PM   #1
SR is my life!

Domefan504 Prestigious Platinum Club MemberDomefan504 Prestigious Platinum Club MemberDomefan504 Prestigious Platinum Club Member
Domefan504 Prestigious Platinum Club MemberDomefan504 Prestigious Platinum Club MemberDomefan504 Prestigious Platinum Club MemberDomefan504 Prestigious Platinum Club MemberDomefan504 Prestigious Platinum Club MemberDomefan504 Prestigious Platinum Club MemberDomefan504 Prestigious Platinum Club MemberDomefan504 Prestigious Platinum Club MemberDomefan504 Prestigious Platinum Club MemberDomefan504 Prestigious Platinum Club Member
What does Trump know about Hurricanes,Tropical Storms,FEMA?

Figured I would ask the question since it seems like Trump is cutting back on some major programs like levee protection,coastal restoration, and Disaster agencies.

Disaster Agencies To Weather Hurricane Season With No Leader, Proposed Cuts : NPR

Trump's 2018 budget has no Corps of Engineers money for many Louisiana projects | NOLA.com
Domefan504 is offline Reply With Quote

2 out of 13 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-20-2017, 08:18 PM   #2
Subscribing Member

DaveinCoalinga Prestigious Platinum Club MemberDaveinCoalinga Prestigious Platinum Club MemberDaveinCoalinga Prestigious Platinum Club MemberDaveinCoalinga Prestigious Platinum Club MemberDaveinCoalinga Prestigious Platinum Club MemberDaveinCoalinga Prestigious Platinum Club MemberDaveinCoalinga Prestigious Platinum Club MemberDaveinCoalinga Prestigious Platinum Club MemberDaveinCoalinga Prestigious Platinum Club MemberDaveinCoalinga Prestigious Platinum Club MemberDaveinCoalinga Prestigious Platinum Club MemberDaveinCoalinga Prestigious Platinum Club MemberDaveinCoalinga Prestigious Platinum Club MemberDaveinCoalinga Prestigious Platinum Club MemberDaveinCoalinga Prestigious Platinum Club Member
DaveinCoalinga Prestigious Platinum Club MemberDaveinCoalinga Prestigious Platinum Club MemberDaveinCoalinga Prestigious Platinum Club MemberDaveinCoalinga Prestigious Platinum Club MemberDaveinCoalinga Prestigious Platinum Club MemberDaveinCoalinga Prestigious Platinum Club MemberDaveinCoalinga Prestigious Platinum Club MemberDaveinCoalinga Prestigious Platinum Club MemberDaveinCoalinga Prestigious Platinum Club MemberDaveinCoalinga Prestigious Platinum Club MemberDaveinCoalinga Prestigious Platinum Club MemberDaveinCoalinga Prestigious Platinum Club MemberDaveinCoalinga Prestigious Platinum Club MemberDaveinCoalinga Prestigious Platinum Club MemberDaveinCoalinga Prestigious Platinum Club Member
Well, Louisiana overwhelmingly voted for Trump 58.1% to 38.4%, voted in a republican senator to go along with those other republican senator and only 1 democratic representative I believe. The people of Louisiana have spoken, and spoken loudly. Therefore, accept that your environmental issues, public works projects and such are not going to be funded because the state believes in smaller government and all that.

Don't boo, vote!
President Obama
DaveinCoalinga is offline Reply With Quote

32 out of 41 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-20-2017, 08:22 PM   #3
Bury me in smoke...

nolaspe Prestigious Platinum Club Membernolaspe Prestigious Platinum Club Membernolaspe Prestigious Platinum Club Membernolaspe Prestigious Platinum Club Membernolaspe Prestigious Platinum Club Membernolaspe Prestigious Platinum Club Membernolaspe Prestigious Platinum Club Membernolaspe Prestigious Platinum Club Member
nolaspe Prestigious Platinum Club Membernolaspe Prestigious Platinum Club Membernolaspe Prestigious Platinum Club Membernolaspe Prestigious Platinum Club Membernolaspe Prestigious Platinum Club Membernolaspe Prestigious Platinum Club Membernolaspe Prestigious Platinum Club Membernolaspe Prestigious Platinum Club Membernolaspe Prestigious Platinum Club Membernolaspe Prestigious Platinum Club Member
I'm guessing 'ol donny boy only knows they have names, are bigly, and spin, oh and I posted this in the climate change thread earlier...

Louisiana Is Literally Sinking, And Climate Change Is Making It Happen Much Faster Than Anyone Realized
"It's not about the blocked punt or the ring, it's about what you're gonna do when you walk out of this room," - Steve Gleason “Mustang Three-Actual, this is Mustang Six. Good news, brother: Your Saints just won the Super Bowl.”
nolaspe is offline Reply With Quote

3 out of 12 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-20-2017, 09:06 PM   #4
Shuffle-by Poster

Zulu-King is an Sr.com Hall of FamerZulu-King is an Sr.com Hall of FamerZulu-King is an Sr.com Hall of FamerZulu-King is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Zulu-King is an Sr.com Hall of FamerZulu-King is an Sr.com Hall of FamerZulu-King is an Sr.com Hall of FamerZulu-King is an Sr.com Hall of FamerZulu-King is an Sr.com Hall of FamerZulu-King is an Sr.com Hall of FamerZulu-King is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Voters down there seem to be anti-wetland declination, big government bailouts, decent education, crime, and weed.

Ironically, they're also pro-global warming, pollution, cancer death rates, prisons, big oil & chemical, along with guns with no background check if left up to them, and alcohol...

Find some way to blame Obama after your next Katrina. We've attempted to fix stupid... Certain calibers of stupid simply can't be fixed...
Zulu-King is offline Reply With Quote

20 out of 34 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-20-2017, 09:11 PM   #5
Bury me in smoke...

nolaspe Prestigious Platinum Club Membernolaspe Prestigious Platinum Club Membernolaspe Prestigious Platinum Club Membernolaspe Prestigious Platinum Club Membernolaspe Prestigious Platinum Club Membernolaspe Prestigious Platinum Club Membernolaspe Prestigious Platinum Club Membernolaspe Prestigious Platinum Club Member
nolaspe Prestigious Platinum Club Membernolaspe Prestigious Platinum Club Membernolaspe Prestigious Platinum Club Membernolaspe Prestigious Platinum Club Membernolaspe Prestigious Platinum Club Membernolaspe Prestigious Platinum Club Membernolaspe Prestigious Platinum Club Membernolaspe Prestigious Platinum Club Membernolaspe Prestigious Platinum Club Membernolaspe Prestigious Platinum Club Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulu-King View Post
Voters down there seem to be anti-wetland declination, big government bailouts, crime, and weed.

Ironically, they're also pro-global warming, pollution, cancer death rates, prisons, big oil & chemical, along with guns with no background check if left up to them, and alcohol...

Find some way to blame Obama after your next Katrina. We've attempted to fix stupid... Certain calibers of stupid simply can't be fixed...
Hey man, not all of us down here are trumpflakes, lol...
"It's not about the blocked punt or the ring, it's about what you're gonna do when you walk out of this room," - Steve Gleason “Mustang Three-Actual, this is Mustang Six. Good news, brother: Your Saints just won the Super Bowl.”

14 out of 18 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-20-2017, 09:33 PM   #6
Shuffle-by Poster

Zulu-King is an Sr.com Hall of FamerZulu-King is an Sr.com Hall of FamerZulu-King is an Sr.com Hall of FamerZulu-King is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Zulu-King is an Sr.com Hall of FamerZulu-King is an Sr.com Hall of FamerZulu-King is an Sr.com Hall of FamerZulu-King is an Sr.com Hall of FamerZulu-King is an Sr.com Hall of FamerZulu-King is an Sr.com Hall of FamerZulu-King is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
Originally Posted by nolaspe View Post
Hey man, not all of us down here are trumpflakes, lol...
Understood, and I suppose that I may have been a little out of pocket at times during my latest rant. I'm simply embittered that I've chosen to protect my family from abject racism and stupidity by fleeing from the place that I've loved for over 20 years.

I'm not only referring to racist whites or GOP voters, but also blacks disrespecting, hurting, and preying upon other black men.

I'm saddened that after all of these centuries, NO and the deep south simply haven't managed to evolve along with most of American society.

Reminiscing, I'm perfectly cool where we are now. Unfortunately, we couldn't enjoy the same quality of life while living in NO...
Zulu-King is offline Reply With Quote

28 out of 31 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-20-2017, 11:21 PM   #7
Bury me in smoke...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulu-King View Post
Understood, and I suppose that I may have been a little out of pocket at times during my latest rant. I'm simply embittered that I've chosen to protect my family from abject racism and stupidity by fleeing from the place that I've loved for over 20 years.

I'm not only referring to racist whites or GOP voters, but also blacks disrespecting, hurting, and preying upon other black men.

I'm saddened that after all of these centuries, NO and the deep south simply haven't managed to evolve along with most of American society.

Reminiscing, I'm perfectly cool when I am now. Unfortunately, I couldn't enjoy the same quality of life while living in NO...
It's all good, I got what you meant, just giving you some ribbing, and you're 100% correct.

5 out of 6 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-21-2017, 08:02 AM   #8
matter vs. spirit

Location: 70005 - Good riddance, Orleans Parish. I'll still visit. Just love my life and property too much.
insidejob Prestigious Platinum Club Memberinsidejob Prestigious Platinum Club Memberinsidejob Prestigious Platinum Club Memberinsidejob Prestigious Platinum Club Memberinsidejob Prestigious Platinum Club Memberinsidejob Prestigious Platinum Club Memberinsidejob Prestigious Platinum Club Memberinsidejob Prestigious Platinum Club Memberinsidejob Prestigious Platinum Club Memberinsidejob Prestigious Platinum Club Member
insidejob Prestigious Platinum Club Memberinsidejob Prestigious Platinum Club Memberinsidejob Prestigious Platinum Club Memberinsidejob Prestigious Platinum Club Memberinsidejob Prestigious Platinum Club Memberinsidejob Prestigious Platinum Club Memberinsidejob Prestigious Platinum Club Memberinsidejob Prestigious Platinum Club Memberinsidejob Prestigious Platinum Club Memberinsidejob Prestigious Platinum Club Memberinsidejob Prestigious Platinum Club Memberinsidejob Prestigious Platinum Club Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinCoalinga View Post
Well, Louisiana overwhelmingly voted for Trump 58.1% to 38.4%, voted in a republican senator to go along with those other republican senator and only 1 democratic representative I believe. The people of Louisiana have spoken, and spoken loudly. Therefore, accept that your environmental issues, public works projects and such are not going to be funded because the state believes in smaller government and all that.
So, just **** the 40% of us that didn't vote for him, right? This attitude that every state that voted for Trump deserves to suffer is ******* pathetic. Good for you being able to live in one of the few states that didn't actually go to Trump.

Until the awesomeness comes back home to New Orleans
insidejob is offline Reply With Quote

7 out of 9 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-21-2017, 09:02 AM   #9
Subscribing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by insidejob View Post
So, just **** the 40% of us that didn't vote for him, right? This attitude that every state that voted for Trump deserves to suffer is ******* pathetic. Good for you being able to live in one of the few states that didn't actually go to Trump.

Is it though? I mean really. Louisiana has consistently voted this way in every election all the way from county to presidency for years now. It's not a one time thing. Why be mad at me? I'm simply pointing out how continued piled up actions do have consequences, something that a lot of people have forgotten completely. The previous administration did attempt to help. The funding for researching the problems was there. The initial findings to move projects forward was there. Leadership was there. Now, for the first time people who have jumped on this bandwagon of we don't need a government are now saying wait just a second. The cuts have been insulated for a long time, now though they are not. It sucks, and is going to be a long time for people unless the midterms change it, but because of gerrymandering and the media I'm not counting on it.

Besides, if I really wanted to be an ***, I could point out that after research showed that Sacramento had a massively deficient levee system we passed a 5 billion dollar bond to supplement what the state already was spending on them to fix and improve the levees around Sacramento. I applaud the people along the Houma levee that are paying for the levee themselves. Why should my federal tax dollars pay for Louisiana levees? I mean California is a net donor, both percentage wise and I believe number one in total cash flow out of the state. Louisiana is a net taker, by far, usually in the top ten if not top 5. So I guess I could make a States rights argument also. ( Actually number 2 and 42 in 2016. http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/...st-federal-aid )

Don't boo, vote!
President Obama

6 out of 14 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-21-2017, 09:09 AM   #10
Super Forum Fanatic

samiam5211 Prestigious Platinum Club Membersamiam5211 Prestigious Platinum Club Membersamiam5211 Prestigious Platinum Club Membersamiam5211 Prestigious Platinum Club Membersamiam5211 Prestigious Platinum Club Membersamiam5211 Prestigious Platinum Club Member
samiam5211 Prestigious Platinum Club Membersamiam5211 Prestigious Platinum Club Membersamiam5211 Prestigious Platinum Club Membersamiam5211 Prestigious Platinum Club Membersamiam5211 Prestigious Platinum Club Membersamiam5211 Prestigious Platinum Club Membersamiam5211 Prestigious Platinum Club Member
Quote:
Is it though? I mean really. Louisiana has consistently voted this way in every election all the way from county to presidency for years now. It's not a one time thing. Why be mad at me? I'm simply pointing out how continued piled up actions do have consequences, something that a lot of people have forgotten completely. The previous administration did attempt to help. The funding for researching the problems was there. The initial findings to move projects forward was there. Leadership was there. Now, for the first time people who have jumped on this bandwagon of we don't need a government are now saying wait just a second. The cuts have been insulated for a long time, now though they are not. It sucks, and is going to be a long time for people unless the midterms change it, but because of gerrymandering and the media I'm not counting on it.

Besides, if I really wanted to be an ***, I could point out that after research showed that Sacramento had a massively deficient levee system we passed a 5 billion dollar bond to supplement what the state already was spending on them to fix and improve the levees around Sacramento. I applaud the people along the Houma levee that are paying for the levee themselves. Why should my federal tax dollars pay for Louisiana levees? I mean California is a net donor, both percentage wise and I believe number one in total cash flow out of the state. Louisiana is a net taker, by far, usually in the top ten if not top 5. So I guess I could make a States rights argument also. ( Actually number 2 and 42 in 2016. Top 10 States That Rely Most on Federal Aid )

I think the problem is what you say "Louisiana voted" it lumps everyone in Louisiana together just like when people say "black people" or "Muslims".

7 out of 9 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-21-2017, 09:19 AM   #11
Subscribing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by samiam5211 View Post
I think the problem is what you say "Louisiana voted" it lumps everyone in Louisiana together just like when people say "black people" or "Muslims".
I agree that I did. But, as a whole, Louisiana is a cornerstone of republican control, who only elected a democrat as a governor because the state was completely screwed by the last administration, and the choice between Edwards (which I like) and the disgusting creep that is David Vitter.

Don't boo, vote!
President Obama

9 out of 14 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-21-2017, 09:53 AM   #12
Word.

mb504 Prestigious Platinum Club Membermb504 Prestigious Platinum Club Membermb504 Prestigious Platinum Club Membermb504 Prestigious Platinum Club Membermb504 Prestigious Platinum Club Membermb504 Prestigious Platinum Club Member
mb504 Prestigious Platinum Club Membermb504 Prestigious Platinum Club Membermb504 Prestigious Platinum Club Membermb504 Prestigious Platinum Club Membermb504 Prestigious Platinum Club Membermb504 Prestigious Platinum Club Membermb504 Prestigious Platinum Club Membermb504 Prestigious Platinum Club Membermb504 Prestigious Platinum Club Membermb504 Prestigious Platinum Club Membermb504 Prestigious Platinum Club Membermb504 Prestigious Platinum Club Membermb504 Prestigious Platinum Club Membermb504 Prestigious Platinum Club Member
Orleans Parish voted nearly 90% against Trump, so we have the dual privilege of having a president who has no reason to care and folks in California off all places who want to see us wash into the sea to pay for the sins of our state as a whole. Hooray?
mb504 is offline Reply With Quote

11 out of 11 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-21-2017, 11:58 AM   #13
Hall-of-Famer

StudioSaint Prestigious Gold Club MemberStudioSaint Prestigious Gold Club MemberStudioSaint Prestigious Gold Club MemberStudioSaint Prestigious Gold Club MemberStudioSaint Prestigious Gold Club MemberStudioSaint Prestigious Gold Club Member
StudioSaint Prestigious Gold Club MemberStudioSaint Prestigious Gold Club MemberStudioSaint Prestigious Gold Club MemberStudioSaint Prestigious Gold Club MemberStudioSaint Prestigious Gold Club MemberStudioSaint Prestigious Gold Club MemberStudioSaint Prestigious Gold Club MemberStudioSaint Prestigious Gold Club Member
Quote:
I agree that I did. But, as a whole, Louisiana is a cornerstone of republican control, who only elected a democrat as a governor because the state was completely screwed by the last administration, and the choice between Edwards (which I like) and the disgusting creep that is David Vitter.
You agree you generalized and then decide to do it again?
StudioSaint is offline Reply With Quote

Old 06-21-2017, 12:51 PM   #14
Subscribing Member

What do you want me to say? I don't want anything bad to happen to people, far from it. But, as a political observer it gets frustrating to continue to see people voting against their self interests. At what point are people going to change? At what point do people say that my family's health and well being are important so I'm going to vote for the people who will invest in public works, education and health? Building levees is expensive. Puts a lot of good paying jobs out there. Helps the tax base. Generally construction jobs have better benefit packages. Win, win, win. But no. Not how conservative states vote. They think government is the root of all evil and that the scary words out there are "I'm the government and I'm here to help".

Look I admit I can be a jerk. I know it. But, look at my history on here. I was for Obamacare because people needed coverage and I was horrified at what I had to do to find my mom coverage after dad died. I also said that if it means my taxes are raised so some kid can go to the doctor or grandma doesn't have to choose which medication today, that's fine as life has been good to me. I work in the poorest, one of the worst areas in California out of choice because I believe people need someone to help them. But hey I also get tired of people sitting on their hands and not voting and not making their voices heard. I loved the demonstrations after Trump got elected. There needs to be more. That freedom of speech is there for a reason, to protect you from speaking against your government. Same with the right to peacefully assemble. They are in there so that people can protest. So that people can get out there and publicly say this isn't right, the government is wrong. I also know that if people really cared, the amount of people eligible to vote could reshape the political course of any election or area. There are 3536183 eligible voters in Louisiana. Just over 2million cast votes in the last election. Which means, like in most every election if those 1.5 million people would've voted for my cat, she would've won the state.

Don't boo, vote!
President Obama

14 out of 14 members found this post helpful.