New Page 1
home Steve Gleasons Website
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Go Back   New Orleans Saints - Saints Report - Message Boards > GENERAL > Political Discussion Board

Google Ads
Sponsored Ads

Old 04-12-2012, 11:48 AM   #43
Bob-omb, bout to blow up
Othello Champion V:force Champion

kcirdor is an Sr.com Hall of Famerkcirdor is an Sr.com Hall of Famerkcirdor is an Sr.com Hall of Famerkcirdor is an Sr.com Hall of Famerkcirdor is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
kcirdor is an Sr.com Hall of Famerkcirdor is an Sr.com Hall of Famerkcirdor is an Sr.com Hall of Famerkcirdor is an Sr.com Hall of Famerkcirdor is an Sr.com Hall of Famerkcirdor is an Sr.com Hall of Famerkcirdor is an Sr.com Hall of Famerkcirdor is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatiusJeebs View Post
Bingo!! Talk to a Jewish person lately? Last time I checked.....they've been through A LOT more crap than blacks....and they don't whine about the past nearly as much.

This isn't Eqypt or Germany, we didn't build this country on the backs of Jews, and then "free" them only to keep them under oppression for another 100+ years. Takes along time to wash away a couple hundred years(especially when we are STILL segregated in most communities). We don't have a majority of towns predominantly segregated by creed. Instead, by the color of your skin. Towns that were established this way LONG ago.
kcirdor is offline Reply With Quote

Old 04-12-2012, 11:51 AM   #44
Rebel Alliance

SeminoleMarine is a splendid one to beholdSeminoleMarine is a splendid one to behold
SeminoleMarine is a splendid one to beholdSeminoleMarine is a splendid one to beholdSeminoleMarine is a splendid one to beholdSeminoleMarine is a splendid one to beholdSeminoleMarine is a splendid one to beholdSeminoleMarine is a splendid one to beholdSeminoleMarine is a splendid one to beholdSeminoleMarine is a splendid one to beholdSeminoleMarine is a splendid one to beholdSeminoleMarine is a splendid one to beholdSeminoleMarine is a splendid one to beholdSeminoleMarine is a splendid one to beholdSeminoleMarine is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcirdor View Post
This isn't Eqypt or Germany.
I think he was refering to the Mel Gibson "incidents".

SeminoleMarine is offline Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-12-2012, 12:03 PM   #45
The Commish

FatiusJeebs is a glorious beacon of light
FatiusJeebs is a glorious beacon of lightFatiusJeebs is a glorious beacon of lightFatiusJeebs is a glorious beacon of lightFatiusJeebs is a glorious beacon of lightFatiusJeebs is a glorious beacon of lightFatiusJeebs is a glorious beacon of lightFatiusJeebs is a glorious beacon of lightFatiusJeebs is a glorious beacon of lightFatiusJeebs is a glorious beacon of lightFatiusJeebs is a glorious beacon of lightFatiusJeebs is a glorious beacon of lightFatiusJeebs is a glorious beacon of lightFatiusJeebs is a glorious beacon of lightFatiusJeebs is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeminoleMarine View Post
I think he was refering to the Mel Gibson "incidents".

Actually....I was referring to them all. The Jews have a LOOOOONG history of exile, slavery, senseless murder....and yes this goes back thousands of years. So...the Jews are a people that seem to deal with this crap no matter where they are and no matter when they are. But let me know when they decide to put bounties on people and start riots....

Old 04-12-2012, 12:05 PM   #46
Pro-Bowler

Saints318 is a jewel in the rough
Saints318 is a jewel in the roughSaints318 is a jewel in the roughSaints318 is a jewel in the roughSaints318 is a jewel in the roughSaints318 is a jewel in the roughSaints318 is a jewel in the roughSaints318 is a jewel in the roughSaints318 is a jewel in the rough
Why is it that anytime a white person or in this case Hispanic person kills a black person it's a hate crime, but when a black person kills a white person it's not?

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-12-2012, 12:08 PM   #47
SR is my life!

El Caliente 50K Burger ClubEl Caliente 50K Burger ClubEl Caliente 50K Burger ClubEl Caliente 50K Burger Club
El Caliente 50K Burger ClubEl Caliente 50K Burger ClubEl Caliente 50K Burger ClubEl Caliente 50K Burger ClubEl Caliente 50K Burger ClubEl Caliente 50K Burger ClubEl Caliente 50K Burger ClubEl Caliente 50K Burger ClubEl Caliente 50K Burger ClubEl Caliente 50K Burger Club
Whitemad, or hemroids? You decide.

I have no dog in this fight (being Cuban and all), but I do find the term reverend to be a joke when referring to Al Sharpton, yet people seem to not understand what it means. Case and point

“White folks was in the caves while we [blacks] was building empires … We built pyramids before Donald Trump ever knew what architecture was … we taught philosophy and astrology and mathematics before Socrates and them Greek homos ever got around to it.”

Thats not very reverend like.

Or his take on history

“the worst criminals, the rejects they sent from Europe and sent them to the colonies." “So [if] some cracker,” he continued, “come and tell you ‘Well my mother and father blood go back to the Mayflower,’ you better hold you pocket. That ain’t nothing to be proud of, that means their forefathers was crooks.”

I am sure he is a nice guy to talk to, and I am sure like many pastors he has his own beliefs on Jesus and whatnot, but he still hasn't learned the simplest of lessons in forgiveness (I thought this was a must for Christians). Case and point The Tawna Brawley case. As he proceed to defame (publicly) the police department and those involved with the case, he never said "I am sorry. It was the heat of the moment." When she was found to be making the entire thing up.

Now he has done good things. He has lead a lot of initiatives that have generated good things, but he should just go by Al Sharpton, as opposed to Rev. Thats my own thing.

Jessie " "See, Barack's been, ahh, talking down to black people on this faith-based... I want to cut his nuts off." Jackson is another guy who could do without the title, but thats another issue all together.

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-12-2012, 12:11 PM   #48
The Commish

FatiusJeebs is a glorious beacon of lightFatiusJeebs is a glorious beacon of lightFatiusJeebs is a glorious beacon of lightFatiusJeebs is a glorious beacon of lightFatiusJeebs is a glorious beacon of lightFatiusJeebs is a glorious beacon of lightFatiusJeebs is a glorious beacon of lightFatiusJeebs is a glorious beacon of lightFatiusJeebs is a glorious beacon of lightFatiusJeebs is a glorious beacon of lightFatiusJeebs is a glorious beacon of lightFatiusJeebs is a glorious beacon of lightFatiusJeebs is a glorious beacon of lightFatiusJeebs is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oye View Post
you realize that they've done both, right?

When was the last Jewish riot? Where? And for what?

Old 04-12-2012, 12:39 PM   #49
SR is my life!

El Caliente 50K Burger ClubEl Caliente 50K Burger ClubEl Caliente 50K Burger ClubEl Caliente 50K Burger Club
El Caliente 50K Burger ClubEl Caliente 50K Burger ClubEl Caliente 50K Burger ClubEl Caliente 50K Burger ClubEl Caliente 50K Burger ClubEl Caliente 50K Burger ClubEl Caliente 50K Burger ClubEl Caliente 50K Burger ClubEl Caliente 50K Burger ClubEl Caliente 50K Burger Club
Quote:
Jesus and Barabas?

Old 04-12-2012, 12:40 PM   #50
Subscribing Member

N.O.Bronco has disabled reputation
Quote:

I like the implications you are making that black people are less civilized than Jewish people. And the arrogant attitude you project while underhandedly stating that opinion.

......and is google really a hard concept to grasp?

A quick search for "Jewish riots" turned up several articles on the first page alone. The first a 2008 incident reported in Haaretz that took place in acre Israel. Where a group of Jews beat an Arab man for driving on yom kippur. To which then a bunch of angry Jews and angry Arabs gathered and began hurling rocks. Both groups began rioting and the Jews began to make their way to town center chanting "death to Arabs" in an aim to confront some gathering Arabs in the city's center. Police seemingly eventually dispersed the rioters but not before a few injuries were sustained.

A second article chronicled hundreds of ultra orthodox Jewish men stoning police officers and rioting in Shabbat square over the building of an Israeli highway that they feel will pass over Jewish grave sites.

Below that a story of Jewish people rioting and many being arrested because of rioting which spurred when the police took into custody a mother who was accused of starving her child. Because the ultra orthodox Jews that started the riot believed it wasn't the laws job to tell a mother how to raise her child.

These examples are not to attack the Jewish community they are mainly used to make a point.

If for one second you think that the often times nonsensical and violent behavior perpetuated by a particular group, religion or race is unique to only that one race, one culture, one religion or one group then you are wholly ignorant of human nature.
N.O.Bronco is offline Reply With Quote

Old 04-12-2012, 12:53 PM   #51
SR is my life!

Are Jews rioting in the Middle East the same as black people rioting in the USA?

Just a question, not trying to incite anything here.

Old 04-12-2012, 01:02 PM   #52
The Commish

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
I like the implications you are making that black people are less civilized than Jewish people. And the arrogant attitude you project while underhandedly stating that opinion.

......and is google really a hard concept to grasp?

A quick search for "Jewish riots" turned up several articles on the first page alone. The first a 2008 incident reported in Haaretz that took place in acre Israel. Where a group of Jews beat an Arab man for driving on yom kippur. To which then a bunch of angry Jews and angry Arabs gathered and began hurling rocks. Both groups began rioting and the Jews began to make their way to town center chanting "death to Arabs" in an aim to confront some gathering Arabs in the city's center. Police seemingly eventually dispersed the rioters but not before a few injuries were sustained.

A second article chronicled hundreds of ultra orthodox Jewish men stoning police officers and rioting in Shabbat square over the building of an Israeli highway that they feel will pass over Jewish grave sites.

Below that a story of Jewish people rioting and many being arrested because of rioting which spurred when the police took into custody a mother who was accused of starving her child. Because the ultra orthodox Jews that started the riot believed it wasn't the laws job to tell a mother how to raise her child.

These examples are not to attack the Jewish community they are mainly used to make a point.

If for one second you think that the often times nonsensical and violent behavior perpetuated by a particular group, religion or race is unique to only that one race, one culture, one religion or one group then you are wholly ignorant of human nature.
Here is the difference...we live in a society that does what it can to perpetuate a problem that although may be alive....has gone down in prevalence. Whites and blacks dont fire rockets at each other on a daily basis. It is also clear that their differences are religious...here...it is PRESUMED to be racial and therefore...people act violently. Two very different circumstances. In the end....our society has a terrible habit of assuming....and acting upon assumptions. Jews have a clear reason to have issue with arabs...their issues have been going on FOREVER.....the white black issue is real....but we have made great strides to amend that...and yet....we see one side attack the other....assumptions are made....and violence is usually the answer. So no....this is not an accusation on ONE race of people...but in my lifetime....I'm not gonna deny the consistent behavior I see when these problems arise either.

Old 04-12-2012, 01:02 PM   #53
Very Banned

SaintBrad is a future SR.com Hall of FamerSaintBrad is a future SR.com Hall of FamerSaintBrad is a future SR.com Hall of FamerSaintBrad is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
SaintBrad is a future SR.com Hall of FamerSaintBrad is a future SR.com Hall of FamerSaintBrad is a future SR.com Hall of FamerSaintBrad is a future SR.com Hall of FamerSaintBrad is a future SR.com Hall of FamerSaintBrad is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Caliente View Post
Are Jews rioting in the Middle East the same as black people rioting in the USA?

Just a question, not trying to incite anything here.
Na, its mostly a religious war between the two.

SaintBrad is offline Reply With Quote

Old 04-12-2012, 01:18 PM   #54
Okay,who brought the dog?

Superfan is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Superfan is a future SR.com Hall of FamerSuperfan is a future SR.com Hall of FamerSuperfan is a future SR.com Hall of FamerSuperfan is a future SR.com Hall of FamerSuperfan is a future SR.com Hall of FamerSuperfan is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
I wonder if Jesus is a black Jewish Arab or a white Jewish Arab

Old 04-12-2012, 01:24 PM   #55
Truth Addict

Location: Close enough to Atlanta to smell the stink of Falcons
V Chip Prestigious Gold Club MemberV Chip Prestigious Gold Club MemberV Chip Prestigious Gold Club MemberV Chip Prestigious Gold Club MemberV Chip Prestigious Gold Club Member
V Chip Prestigious Gold Club MemberV Chip Prestigious Gold Club MemberV Chip Prestigious Gold Club MemberV Chip Prestigious Gold Club MemberV Chip Prestigious Gold Club MemberV Chip Prestigious Gold Club MemberV Chip Prestigious Gold Club MemberV Chip Prestigious Gold Club MemberV Chip Prestigious Gold Club MemberV Chip Prestigious Gold Club MemberV Chip Prestigious Gold Club MemberV Chip Prestigious Gold Club MemberV Chip Prestigious Gold Club MemberV Chip Prestigious Gold Club MemberV Chip Prestigious Gold Club Member
Quote:
Jews have a clear reason to have issue with arabs...their issues have been going on FOREVER
So blacks don't have a clear reason to have issues with whites because their issues haven't gone on long enough (or vice versa)?

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it. -- Neil Degrasse Tyson

Did you find this post useful?    | 
V Chip is offline Reply With Quote

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-12-2012, 01:47 PM   #56
Subscribing Member

N.O.Bronco has disabled reputation
Quote:
Here is the difference...we live in a society that does what it can to perpetuate a problem that although may be alive....has gone down in prevalence. Whites and blacks dont fire rockets at each other on a daily basis. It is also clear that their differences are religious...here...it is PRESUMED to be racial and therefore...people act violently. Two very different circumstances. In the end....our society has a terrible habit of assuming....and acting upon assumptions. Jews have a clear reason to have issue with arabs...their issues have been going on FOREVER.....the white black issue is real....but we have made great strides to amend that...and yet....we see one side attack the other....assumptions are made....and violence is usually the answer. So no....this is not an accusation on ONE race of people...but in my lifetime....I'm not gonna deny the consistent behavior I see when these problems arise either.

"At their core riots generally occur when groups have a sense of illegitimacy about how they are treated by others and where they see collective confrontation as the only means of redressing the situation. Indeed, by coming together in the crowd, people become empowered and can invert normal social relations."
You won't prevent future riots by disregarding the psychology of crowds | Steve Reicher and Clifford Stott | Comment is free | guardian.co.uk

Now if you go back and look at the examples I just gave you from various Israel riots - and unless you are frustratingly obtuse - you will see the connecting string in all of them.

In each incident Jews felt an injustice and an illegitimacy about how they were being treated or from the outcome of an event - for right or wrong - and saw collective confrontation as the means to redress that perceived situation.

It's the same during civil rights riots, the recent London riots - heck - even soccer riots.

Yes its also true a certain type of individual or individuals will latch on for various reasons or another - be it looting or a thirst for mayhem. And often times some or many see the lawlessness as an opportunity to strike out against an unrelated target that the majority of the group has no qualms about. Or as an opportunistic means for criminals to capitalize.

Humans are humans. We have way more similarities than differences, but to me it seems like you have used this thread to try and push forth the idea that certain races or groups(specifically American blacks) are just different then the rest of humanity and I have to begin wondering why proving that is so important to you(though maybe that's not your intent and you can correct me where I'm misreading your points)? Or why you continue to try and perpetuate that the manner in which people in the black community take up to rioting is less justified, less civil, and more condemnable than when other groups, races or religions do it(again maybe I'm misreading but your posts definitely comes off that way)?
N.O.Bronco is offline Reply With Quote