New Orleans Saints - Saints Report - Message Boards

New Orleans Saints - Saints Report - Message Boards (http://saintsreport.com/forums/)
-   Locker Room (Smack Allowed) (http://saintsreport.com/forums/f63/)
-   -   Cam Newton, here are some more questions from a female sports writer (http://saintsreport.com/forums/f63/cam-newton-here-some-more-questions-female-sports-writer-373541/)

Dan in Lafayette 10-06-2017 02:24 AM

Cam Newton, here are some more questions from a female sports writer

http://saintsreport.com/images/topics/nf_so.jpg

By Sally Jenkins -- Washington Post

I need Cam Newton's help. Maybe after he opens a jar for me, he can explain which end of the football goes in front. See, I'm a female, and as a member of the sex that burns the toast, certain concepts elude me, such as astrophysics, and football. I'll make him a trade: I'll tell him how babies get born, if he will tell me how to turn on a car.

It's so funny when females try to talk about things that they shouldn't. It's just so ... funny. Newton went all giggly when Charlotte Observer reporter Jourdan Rodrigue asked him about receiver "routes," because how would a female ever know what those are? But you know what's even funnier? Watching a thought try to find a route into Newton's head. I'm told nature abhors a vacuum, though as a woman I can't confirm that. If you ask me, the empty expanse behind Cam Newton's forehead proves that nature is just fine with areas entirely devoid of consciousness.

Apparently there are some subjects that are the immutable province of guys only. Therefore, in the name of gender diplomacy, I will help Cam Newton with certain feminine concepts, if he will help me understand how to use the twist-top on a bottle of beer, and why some men act like football strategy is more complicated than a space flight guidance system.

Tell you what: If Cam Newton will show me what a hitch and a slant are, I will show him how to take questions after a loss without pouting.

Full Article -- NOLA.com

bobad 10-06-2017 02:50 AM

I don't think this is such a big deal. Women everywhere are laughing at Cam. He has not harmed women in any way by what he said. Any woman of sound mind has heard this and worse, and can handle it with a good sense of humor. All Cam did was make a fool of himself, so why shut him up?

retrobanana 10-06-2017 02:54 AM

:smilielol:This is savage and also hilarious

Dart 10-06-2017 03:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobad (Post 6899011)
I don't think this is such a big deal. Women everywhere are laughing at Cam. He has not harmed women in any way by what he said. Any woman of sound mind has heard this and worse, and can handle it with a good sense of humor. All Cam did was make a fool of himself, so why shut him up?

Because of his platform. We all have that mate who says stuff like this and everyone just raises their eyebrows and changes the subject, but usually that person doesn't inspire millions of people across the country. The children who look up to him aren't going to have have learned yet that simply because you admire someone, doesn't mean you should treat everything they say as gospel. And, Lord knows, we need a world where less people are divided than they are currently. People like Cam need to be part of the solution (he said he wanted to be on his apology and it sounded genuine) not the problem.

guidomerkinsrules 10-06-2017 03:55 AM

Quote:

I hope capitalcitysaint just cuts and paste her reply to meily from the other thread
You trying to assume how women should respond to this is exactly the problem

IceHot 10-06-2017 05:32 AM

I was expecting a jump on bash piece.

But I found it to be biting satire (rather funny).

cdogg 10-06-2017 07:47 AM

Jameis rapes a woman, and this is seen as more offensive to some for some reason it seems.

Eman5805 10-06-2017 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdogg (Post 6899071)
Jameis rapes a woman, and this is seen as more offensive to some for some reason it seems.

The rule is if there’s video, then you get outraged.

Born_A_Saint 10-06-2017 08:24 AM

Quote:

I'm so freaking tired of this attitude. You need to stop.

AARPSaint 10-06-2017 08:25 AM

Absolutely hilarious.

st dude 10-06-2017 08:35 AM

Very well done and funny article.

Here is his video apology. Quite frankly, I expected it to be weak and probably written by others. I have heard him “apologize” before.

This apology sounded somewhat sincere and exceeded my expectations from him. It stated a bit weak with the sorry to whoever I offended bit, but ended strong with his discussion of his daughters and don’t be like me line.

Maybe it was just to appease his sponsors, but the apology was still better than I would expect from Cam.

Video: Cam Newton Apologizes for Sexist Remark

fishing4food 10-06-2017 08:43 AM

At the end of the day, I can foresee this thread becoming a mud slinging event and the issue of race, freedom of speech and politics will be at the forefront.

ASaintFerLife 10-06-2017 08:47 AM

Quote:

I kinda'ish agree, to say it's "funny" to hear a woman talk about routes, I could (as a grown human being) understand him saying that same thought in a better way.

Such as "it's pretty cool you into football that well or such, hey lets chat about that one day" or whatever.

Yeah I think he dresses funny, but that's his style, sure whatever.

I would have to go back in his past to see if he has made off hand comments like that, if not and there is no history then I would let it roll as a one time thing.

Just my 2c... Loving ppl solves it all...

Jumpman910 10-06-2017 09:06 AM

It really isn't this serious, they are being petty now. He made a mistake that I don't really deserved an apology but he did. Lets move on.

TyroneHughes 10-06-2017 09:07 AM

Seems to be more attention on this than ......nevermind smh