Saintsreport.com Forums
home Steve Gleasons Website
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Do you want to remove the ads? Support the site by becoming a subscribing member.

Old 10-06-2017, 02:24 AM   #1
Official SR Curmudgeon

Dan in Lafayette Prestigious Platinum Club MemberDan in Lafayette Prestigious Platinum Club MemberDan in Lafayette Prestigious Platinum Club MemberDan in Lafayette Prestigious Platinum Club MemberDan in Lafayette Prestigious Platinum Club MemberDan in Lafayette Prestigious Platinum Club MemberDan in Lafayette Prestigious Platinum Club MemberDan in Lafayette Prestigious Platinum Club Member
Dan in Lafayette Prestigious Platinum Club MemberDan in Lafayette Prestigious Platinum Club MemberDan in Lafayette Prestigious Platinum Club MemberDan in Lafayette Prestigious Platinum Club MemberDan in Lafayette Prestigious Platinum Club MemberDan in Lafayette Prestigious Platinum Club MemberDan in Lafayette Prestigious Platinum Club MemberDan in Lafayette Prestigious Platinum Club Member
Post Cam Newton, here are some more questions from a female sports writer

By Sally Jenkins -- Washington Post

I need Cam Newton's help. Maybe after he opens a jar for me, he can explain which end of the football goes in front. See, I'm a female, and as a member of the sex that burns the toast, certain concepts elude me, such as astrophysics, and football. I'll make him a trade: I'll tell him how babies get born, if he will tell me how to turn on a car.

It's so funny when females try to talk about things that they shouldn't. It's just so ... funny. Newton went all giggly when Charlotte Observer reporter Jourdan Rodrigue asked him about receiver "routes," because how would a female ever know what those are? But you know what's even funnier? Watching a thought try to find a route into Newton's head. I'm told nature abhors a vacuum, though as a woman I can't confirm that. If you ask me, the empty expanse behind Cam Newton's forehead proves that nature is just fine with areas entirely devoid of consciousness.

Apparently there are some subjects that are the immutable province of guys only. Therefore, in the name of gender diplomacy, I will help Cam Newton with certain feminine concepts, if he will help me understand how to use the twist-top on a bottle of beer, and why some men act like football strategy is more complicated than a space flight guidance system.

Tell you what: If Cam Newton will show me what a hitch and a slant are, I will show him how to take questions after a loss without pouting.

Full Article -- NOLA.com

http://saintsreport.com/images/daninlaf.gif
Dan in Lafayette is offline Reply With Quote

19 out of 21 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-06-2017, 02:50 AM   #2
Son of Adam

bobad Prestigious Gold Club Memberbobad Prestigious Gold Club Memberbobad Prestigious Gold Club Memberbobad Prestigious Gold Club Memberbobad Prestigious Gold Club Memberbobad Prestigious Gold Club Member
bobad Prestigious Gold Club Memberbobad Prestigious Gold Club Memberbobad Prestigious Gold Club Memberbobad Prestigious Gold Club Memberbobad Prestigious Gold Club Memberbobad Prestigious Gold Club Memberbobad Prestigious Gold Club Memberbobad Prestigious Gold Club Memberbobad Prestigious Gold Club Member
I don't think this is such a big deal. Women everywhere are laughing at Cam. He has not harmed women in any way by what he said. Any woman of sound mind has heard this and worse, and can handle it with a good sense of humor. All Cam did was make a fool of himself, so why shut him up?
bobad is online now Reply With Quote

5 out of 34 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-06-2017, 02:54 AM   #3
Super Forum Fanatic

retrobanana Prestigious Platinum Club Memberretrobanana Prestigious Platinum Club Memberretrobanana Prestigious Platinum Club Memberretrobanana Prestigious Platinum Club Memberretrobanana Prestigious Platinum Club Memberretrobanana Prestigious Platinum Club Memberretrobanana Prestigious Platinum Club Memberretrobanana Prestigious Platinum Club Member
retrobanana Prestigious Platinum Club Memberretrobanana Prestigious Platinum Club Memberretrobanana Prestigious Platinum Club Memberretrobanana Prestigious Platinum Club Memberretrobanana Prestigious Platinum Club Memberretrobanana Prestigious Platinum Club Memberretrobanana Prestigious Platinum Club Memberretrobanana Prestigious Platinum Club Memberretrobanana Prestigious Platinum Club Memberretrobanana Prestigious Platinum Club Memberretrobanana Prestigious Platinum Club Memberretrobanana Prestigious Platinum Club Memberretrobanana Prestigious Platinum Club Memberretrobanana Prestigious Platinum Club Memberretrobanana Prestigious Platinum Club Member
This is savage and also hilarious

17 out of 19 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-06-2017, 03:39 AM   #4
ALL-MADDEN TEAM

Dart is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Dart is a future SR.com Hall of FamerDart is a future SR.com Hall of FamerDart is a future SR.com Hall of FamerDart is a future SR.com Hall of FamerDart is a future SR.com Hall of FamerDart is a future SR.com Hall of FamerDart is a future SR.com Hall of FamerDart is a future SR.com Hall of FamerDart is a future SR.com Hall of FamerDart is a future SR.com Hall of FamerDart is a future SR.com Hall of FamerDart is a future SR.com Hall of FamerDart is a future SR.com Hall of FamerDart is a future SR.com Hall of FamerDart is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobad View Post
I don't think this is such a big deal. Women everywhere are laughing at Cam. He has not harmed women in any way by what he said. Any woman of sound mind has heard this and worse, and can handle it with a good sense of humor. All Cam did was make a fool of himself, so why shut him up?
Because of his platform. We all have that mate who says stuff like this and everyone just raises their eyebrows and changes the subject, but usually that person doesn't inspire millions of people across the country. The children who look up to him aren't going to have have learned yet that simply because you admire someone, doesn't mean you should treat everything they say as gospel. And, Lord knows, we need a world where less people are divided than they are currently. People like Cam need to be part of the solution (he said he wanted to be on his apology and it sounded genuine) not the problem.
Dart is offline Reply With Quote

15 out of 16 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-06-2017, 03:55 AM   #5
Intervention needed!

guidomerkinsrules Prestigious Platinum Club Memberguidomerkinsrules Prestigious Platinum Club Memberguidomerkinsrules Prestigious Platinum Club Memberguidomerkinsrules Prestigious Platinum Club Memberguidomerkinsrules Prestigious Platinum Club Memberguidomerkinsrules Prestigious Platinum Club Memberguidomerkinsrules Prestigious Platinum Club Memberguidomerkinsrules Prestigious Platinum Club Memberguidomerkinsrules Prestigious Platinum Club Memberguidomerkinsrules Prestigious Platinum Club Memberguidomerkinsrules Prestigious Platinum Club Memberguidomerkinsrules Prestigious Platinum Club Memberguidomerkinsrules Prestigious Platinum Club Memberguidomerkinsrules Prestigious Platinum Club Memberguidomerkinsrules Prestigious Platinum Club Member
guidomerkinsrules Prestigious Platinum Club Memberguidomerkinsrules Prestigious Platinum Club Memberguidomerkinsrules Prestigious Platinum Club Memberguidomerkinsrules Prestigious Platinum Club Memberguidomerkinsrules Prestigious Platinum Club Memberguidomerkinsrules Prestigious Platinum Club Memberguidomerkinsrules Prestigious Platinum Club Memberguidomerkinsrules Prestigious Platinum Club Memberguidomerkinsrules Prestigious Platinum Club Memberguidomerkinsrules Prestigious Platinum Club Memberguidomerkinsrules Prestigious Platinum Club Memberguidomerkinsrules Prestigious Platinum Club Memberguidomerkinsrules Prestigious Platinum Club Memberguidomerkinsrules Prestigious Platinum Club Memberguidomerkinsrules Prestigious Platinum Club Member
Quote:
I hope capitalcitysaint just cuts and paste her reply to meily from the other thread
You trying to assume how women should respond to this is exactly the problem

15 out of 18 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-06-2017, 05:32 AM   #6
Subscribing Member

IceHot 50K Burger ClubIceHot 50K Burger ClubIceHot 50K Burger ClubIceHot 50K Burger ClubIceHot 50K Burger ClubIceHot 50K Burger ClubIceHot 50K Burger Club
IceHot 50K Burger Club
I was expecting a jump on bash piece.

But I found it to be biting satire (rather funny).

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-06-2017, 07:47 AM   #7
THE WOOD WAS BROUGHT

cdogg Prestigious Gold Club Membercdogg Prestigious Gold Club Membercdogg Prestigious Gold Club Member
cdogg Prestigious Gold Club Membercdogg Prestigious Gold Club Membercdogg Prestigious Gold Club Membercdogg Prestigious Gold Club Membercdogg Prestigious Gold Club Membercdogg Prestigious Gold Club Membercdogg Prestigious Gold Club Membercdogg Prestigious Gold Club Membercdogg Prestigious Gold Club Membercdogg Prestigious Gold Club Membercdogg Prestigious Gold Club Membercdogg Prestigious Gold Club Membercdogg Prestigious Gold Club Member
Jameis rapes a woman, and this is seen as more offensive to some for some reason it seems.

Please remember to circumcise you dogs.
cdogg is online now Reply With Quote

4 out of 9 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-06-2017, 07:51 AM   #8
Soulful Voice Actor

Eman5805 Prestigious Platinum Club MemberEman5805 Prestigious Platinum Club MemberEman5805 Prestigious Platinum Club MemberEman5805 Prestigious Platinum Club MemberEman5805 Prestigious Platinum Club MemberEman5805 Prestigious Platinum Club MemberEman5805 Prestigious Platinum Club Member
Eman5805 Prestigious Platinum Club MemberEman5805 Prestigious Platinum Club MemberEman5805 Prestigious Platinum Club MemberEman5805 Prestigious Platinum Club MemberEman5805 Prestigious Platinum Club MemberEman5805 Prestigious Platinum Club MemberEman5805 Prestigious Platinum Club MemberEman5805 Prestigious Platinum Club Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdogg View Post
Jameis rapes a woman, and this is seen as more offensive to some for some reason it seems.
The rule is if there’s video, then you get outraged.
Eman5805 is offline Reply With Quote

4 out of 5 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-06-2017, 08:24 AM   #9
stick n move

Born_A_Saint is a true SaintBorn_A_Saint is a true SaintBorn_A_Saint is a true SaintBorn_A_Saint is a true SaintBorn_A_Saint is a true Saint
Born_A_Saint is a true SaintBorn_A_Saint is a true SaintBorn_A_Saint is a true SaintBorn_A_Saint is a true SaintBorn_A_Saint is a true SaintBorn_A_Saint is a true SaintBorn_A_Saint is a true SaintBorn_A_Saint is a true SaintBorn_A_Saint is a true Saint
Quote:
I'm so freaking tired of this attitude. You need to stop.
Born_A_Saint is offline Reply With Quote

14 out of 17 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-06-2017, 08:25 AM   #10
Super Moderator

AARPSaint Prestigious Platinum Club MemberAARPSaint Prestigious Platinum Club MemberAARPSaint Prestigious Platinum Club MemberAARPSaint Prestigious Platinum Club MemberAARPSaint Prestigious Platinum Club Member
AARPSaint Prestigious Platinum Club MemberAARPSaint Prestigious Platinum Club MemberAARPSaint Prestigious Platinum Club MemberAARPSaint Prestigious Platinum Club MemberAARPSaint Prestigious Platinum Club MemberAARPSaint Prestigious Platinum Club Member
Absolutely hilarious.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-06-2017, 08:35 AM   #11
The dotless one

st dude Prestigious Platinum Club Memberst dude Prestigious Platinum Club Memberst dude Prestigious Platinum Club Memberst dude Prestigious Platinum Club Memberst dude Prestigious Platinum Club Memberst dude Prestigious Platinum Club Memberst dude Prestigious Platinum Club Memberst dude Prestigious Platinum Club Memberst dude Prestigious Platinum Club Member
st dude Prestigious Platinum Club Memberst dude Prestigious Platinum Club Memberst dude Prestigious Platinum Club Memberst dude Prestigious Platinum Club Memberst dude Prestigious Platinum Club Memberst dude Prestigious Platinum Club Member
Very well done and funny article.

Here is his video apology. Quite frankly, I expected it to be weak and probably written by others. I have heard him “apologize” before.

This apology sounded somewhat sincere and exceeded my expectations from him. It stated a bit weak with the sorry to whoever I offended bit, but ended strong with his discussion of his daughters and don’t be like me line.

Maybe it was just to appease his sponsors, but the apology was still better than I would expect from Cam.

Video: Cam Newton Apologizes for Sexist Remark

4 out of 4 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-06-2017, 08:43 AM   #12
Veteran Starter

fishing4food is marching in
fishing4food is marching infishing4food is marching infishing4food is marching infishing4food is marching infishing4food is marching infishing4food is marching infishing4food is marching infishing4food is marching infishing4food is marching infishing4food is marching infishing4food is marching infishing4food is marching in
At the end of the day, I can foresee this thread becoming a mud slinging event and the issue of race, freedom of speech and politics will be at the forefront.
fishing4food is offline Reply With Quote

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-06-2017, 08:47 AM   #13
A Shining light of Truth

ASaintFerLife is a true SaintASaintFerLife is a true Saint
ASaintFerLife is a true SaintASaintFerLife is a true SaintASaintFerLife is a true SaintASaintFerLife is a true SaintASaintFerLife is a true SaintASaintFerLife is a true SaintASaintFerLife is a true SaintASaintFerLife is a true SaintASaintFerLife is a true SaintASaintFerLife is a true SaintASaintFerLife is a true Saint
Quote:
I kinda'ish agree, to say it's "funny" to hear a woman talk about routes, I could (as a grown human being) understand him saying that same thought in a better way.

Such as "it's pretty cool you into football that well or such, hey lets chat about that one day" or whatever.

Yeah I think he dresses funny, but that's his style, sure whatever.

I would have to go back in his past to see if he has made off hand comments like that, if not and there is no history then I would let it roll as a one time thing.

Just my 2c... Loving ppl solves it all...
ASaintFerLife is offline Reply With Quote

3 out of 8 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-06-2017, 09:06 AM   #14
Veteran

Jumpman910 is a BEAST!Jumpman910 is a BEAST!Jumpman910 is a BEAST!Jumpman910 is a BEAST!Jumpman910 is a BEAST!Jumpman910 is a BEAST!Jumpman910 is a BEAST!Jumpman910 is a BEAST!Jumpman910 is a BEAST!Jumpman910 is a BEAST!Jumpman910 is a BEAST!Jumpman910 is a BEAST!
It really isn't this serious, they are being petty now. He made a mistake that I don't really deserved an apology but he did. Lets move on.
Jumpman910 is offline Reply With Quote

5 out of 15 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-06-2017, 09:07 AM   #15
Hall-of-Famer

TyroneHughes is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
TyroneHughes is a future SR.com Hall of FamerTyroneHughes is a future SR.com Hall of FamerTyroneHughes is a future SR.com Hall of FamerTyroneHughes is a future SR.com Hall of FamerTyroneHughes is a future SR.com Hall of FamerTyroneHughes is a future SR.com Hall of FamerTyroneHughes is a future SR.com Hall of FamerTyroneHughes is a future SR.com Hall of FamerTyroneHughes is a future SR.com Hall of FamerTyroneHughes is a future SR.com Hall of FamerTyroneHughes is a future SR.com Hall of FamerTyroneHughes is a future SR.com Hall of FamerTyroneHughes is a future SR.com Hall of FamerTyroneHughes is a future SR.com Hall of FamerTyroneHughes is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Seems to be more attention on this than ......nevermind smh

2 out of 3 members found this post helpful.