Saintsreport.com Forums
home Steve Gleasons Website
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Do you want to remove the ads? Support the site by becoming a subscribing member.

Old 01-07-2017, 07:14 PM   #16
Krispy Kreme

Rdanderson91 Prestigious Gold Club MemberRdanderson91 Prestigious Gold Club MemberRdanderson91 Prestigious Gold Club Member
Rdanderson91 Prestigious Gold Club MemberRdanderson91 Prestigious Gold Club MemberRdanderson91 Prestigious Gold Club MemberRdanderson91 Prestigious Gold Club MemberRdanderson91 Prestigious Gold Club MemberRdanderson91 Prestigious Gold Club MemberRdanderson91 Prestigious Gold Club MemberRdanderson91 Prestigious Gold Club MemberRdanderson91 Prestigious Gold Club MemberRdanderson91 Prestigious Gold Club MemberRdanderson91 Prestigious Gold Club MemberRdanderson91 Prestigious Gold Club MemberRdanderson91 Prestigious Gold Club MemberRdanderson91 Prestigious Gold Club Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrus View Post
I never understood that season-only participation thing. Other than the occasional dead periods the off-season and it's related discussions are pretty darned interesting. There is the Senior Bowl, Combine, Pro-Days, Free Agency... the draft...mini-camps, etc.

It is also a period where the quality of posting seems to go up quite a bit. Other than the "Why haven't we signed anyone yet" type posts, anyway. I mean, less knuckleheads...

So maybe the off-season exodus isn't so bad after all. J/K
Exactly. I look forward to the draft prep and seeing roster changes. I love that part of the offseason
It's picked off! It's picked off! It's Tracy Porter again! He's runnin' free! He's gonna go all the way! Hand outstretched...and it's a Saint touchdown! Seventy yards on the return! Seventy yards on the return by Porter! He did it to Favre, and now he's done it to Manning!
Rdanderson91 is online now Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-07-2017, 07:22 PM   #17
RIP The Great One

Saintfan in Dallas is a true SaintSaintfan in Dallas is a true SaintSaintfan in Dallas is a true SaintSaintfan in Dallas is a true Saint
Saintfan in Dallas is a true SaintSaintfan in Dallas is a true SaintSaintfan in Dallas is a true SaintSaintfan in Dallas is a true SaintSaintfan in Dallas is a true SaintSaintfan in Dallas is a true SaintSaintfan in Dallas is a true SaintSaintfan in Dallas is a true SaintSaintfan in Dallas is a true SaintSaintfan in Dallas is a true SaintSaintfan in Dallas is a true SaintSaintfan in Dallas is a true SaintSaintfan in Dallas is a true SaintSaintfan in Dallas is a true Saint
Quote:
I never understood that season-only participation thing. Other than the occasional dead periods the off-season and it's related discussions are pretty darned interesting. There is the Senior Bowl, Combine, Pro-Days, Free Agency... the draft...mini-camps, etc.

It is also a period where the quality of posting seems to go up quite a bit. Other than the "Why haven't we signed anyone yet" type posts, anyway. I mean, less knuckleheads...

Why haven't we hired any new coaches?!

When are we going to sign someone not in the CFL?

This off-season is driving me mad!
Saintfan in Dallas is offline Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-07-2017, 07:24 PM   #18
matter vs. spirit

insidejob Prestigious Platinum Club Memberinsidejob Prestigious Platinum Club Memberinsidejob Prestigious Platinum Club Memberinsidejob Prestigious Platinum Club Memberinsidejob Prestigious Platinum Club Memberinsidejob Prestigious Platinum Club Memberinsidejob Prestigious Platinum Club Memberinsidejob Prestigious Platinum Club Memberinsidejob Prestigious Platinum Club Memberinsidejob Prestigious Platinum Club Member
insidejob Prestigious Platinum Club Memberinsidejob Prestigious Platinum Club Memberinsidejob Prestigious Platinum Club Memberinsidejob Prestigious Platinum Club Memberinsidejob Prestigious Platinum Club Memberinsidejob Prestigious Platinum Club Memberinsidejob Prestigious Platinum Club Memberinsidejob Prestigious Platinum Club Memberinsidejob Prestigious Platinum Club Memberinsidejob Prestigious Platinum Club Memberinsidejob Prestigious Platinum Club Memberinsidejob Prestigious Platinum Club Memberinsidejob Prestigious Platinum Club Memberinsidejob Prestigious Platinum Club Memberinsidejob Prestigious Platinum Club Member
Quote:

This right here. No disrespect to the OP, but before the draft and then camp, there's a lot of quality posting and a lot less whining.

Might not be as much constant and immediate traffic in responses to posts/threads, but I like the off-season discussions. I learn what prospects to pay attention to and like the discussion about possible trades and other draft day drama.

Anyway...SR has such a steady community on the boards other than the SSF that it remains my go-to site for internet discussion regardless of it being football season or not.

Totally unrelated - poor Oakland. I was prepared to pull for them to make a deep run. Could you imagine us putting together their season and losing Brees in week 16 and then losing McCown in week 17 and then having to start Garrett Grayson in the wild card round? (A wild card round we'd only be playing in because we lost our starting QB in week 16 in the first place...)

Who Dat IndigNation

Until the awesomeness comes back home to New Orleans
insidejob is offline Reply With Quote

Old 01-07-2017, 08:31 PM   #19
Super Forum Fanatic

sammymvpknight Prestigious Gold Club Membersammymvpknight Prestigious Gold Club Membersammymvpknight Prestigious Gold Club Membersammymvpknight Prestigious Gold Club Membersammymvpknight Prestigious Gold Club Member
sammymvpknight Prestigious Gold Club Membersammymvpknight Prestigious Gold Club Member
Quote:

Watching this team can be exhausting. I don't blame anyone at all for taking a break. But if you do leave...you don't need to tell everyone you are leaving. That screams attention seeking.
sammymvpknight is offline Reply With Quote

Old 01-07-2017, 08:50 PM   #20
Owner/Webmaster

Andrus Prestigious Platinum Club MemberAndrus Prestigious Platinum Club MemberAndrus Prestigious Platinum Club MemberAndrus Prestigious Platinum Club MemberAndrus Prestigious Platinum Club MemberAndrus Prestigious Platinum Club MemberAndrus Prestigious Platinum Club Member
Andrus Prestigious Platinum Club MemberAndrus Prestigious Platinum Club MemberAndrus Prestigious Platinum Club MemberAndrus Prestigious Platinum Club MemberAndrus Prestigious Platinum Club MemberAndrus Prestigious Platinum Club Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammymvpknight View Post
Watching this team can be exhausting. I don't blame anyone at all for taking a break. But if you do leave...you don't need to tell everyone you are leaving. That screams attention seeking.
I don't really mind it much. That way I don't wonder where they went, and it's nice to know that they are coming back.

I guess we could instead start a check in/out sticky thread where members could make such announcements. Like... "I will be out until training camp.", or "I'm Ba-a-a-ck!"
Andrus is offline Reply With Quote

Old 01-07-2017, 09:31 PM   #21
Bulldawg was my friend

crosswatt Prestigious Platinum Club Membercrosswatt Prestigious Platinum Club Membercrosswatt Prestigious Platinum Club Membercrosswatt Prestigious Platinum Club Membercrosswatt Prestigious Platinum Club Membercrosswatt Prestigious Platinum Club Membercrosswatt Prestigious Platinum Club Membercrosswatt Prestigious Platinum Club Membercrosswatt Prestigious Platinum Club Membercrosswatt Prestigious Platinum Club Membercrosswatt Prestigious Platinum Club Membercrosswatt Prestigious Platinum Club Membercrosswatt Prestigious Platinum Club Membercrosswatt Prestigious Platinum Club Membercrosswatt Prestigious Platinum Club Member
crosswatt Prestigious Platinum Club Membercrosswatt Prestigious Platinum Club Membercrosswatt Prestigious Platinum Club Membercrosswatt Prestigious Platinum Club Membercrosswatt Prestigious Platinum Club Membercrosswatt Prestigious Platinum Club Membercrosswatt Prestigious Platinum Club Membercrosswatt Prestigious Platinum Club Membercrosswatt Prestigious Platinum Club Membercrosswatt Prestigious Platinum Club Membercrosswatt Prestigious Platinum Club Membercrosswatt Prestigious Platinum Club Membercrosswatt Prestigious Platinum Club Membercrosswatt Prestigious Platinum Club Membercrosswatt Prestigious Platinum Club Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by guidomerkinsrules View Post
i take a Lent break from SR every year and I announce it mostly b/c when I realize i haven't seen a poster in awhile i get concerned
it just seems polite to say something
Yep. We all look forward to that thread each year.

I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.
-William Penn
crosswatt is online now Reply With Quote

Old 01-07-2017, 09:36 PM   #22
Super Forum Fanatic

Saint Ace Prestigious Gold Club MemberSaint Ace Prestigious Gold Club MemberSaint Ace Prestigious Gold Club MemberSaint Ace Prestigious Gold Club MemberSaint Ace Prestigious Gold Club Member
Saint Ace Prestigious Gold Club MemberSaint Ace Prestigious Gold Club MemberSaint Ace Prestigious Gold Club MemberSaint Ace Prestigious Gold Club MemberSaint Ace Prestigious Gold Club MemberSaint Ace Prestigious Gold Club Member
Quote:

I agree. Offseason is my favorite time for Saintsreport forums. Always has been.

Saint Ace is online now Reply With Quote

Old 01-07-2017, 09:52 PM   #23
Intervention needed!

guidomerkinsrules Prestigious Platinum Club Memberguidomerkinsrules Prestigious Platinum Club Memberguidomerkinsrules Prestigious Platinum Club Memberguidomerkinsrules Prestigious Platinum Club Memberguidomerkinsrules Prestigious Platinum Club Memberguidomerkinsrules Prestigious Platinum Club Memberguidomerkinsrules Prestigious Platinum Club Memberguidomerkinsrules Prestigious Platinum Club Memberguidomerkinsrules Prestigious Platinum Club Memberguidomerkinsrules Prestigious Platinum Club Memberguidomerkinsrules Prestigious Platinum Club Memberguidomerkinsrules Prestigious Platinum Club Memberguidomerkinsrules Prestigious Platinum Club Memberguidomerkinsrules Prestigious Platinum Club Memberguidomerkinsrules Prestigious Platinum Club Member
guidomerkinsrules Prestigious Platinum Club Memberguidomerkinsrules Prestigious Platinum Club Memberguidomerkinsrules Prestigious Platinum Club Memberguidomerkinsrules Prestigious Platinum Club Memberguidomerkinsrules Prestigious Platinum Club Memberguidomerkinsrules Prestigious Platinum Club Memberguidomerkinsrules Prestigious Platinum Club Memberguidomerkinsrules Prestigious Platinum Club Memberguidomerkinsrules Prestigious Platinum Club Memberguidomerkinsrules Prestigious Platinum Club Memberguidomerkinsrules Prestigious Platinum Club Memberguidomerkinsrules Prestigious Platinum Club Memberguidomerkinsrules Prestigious Platinum Club Memberguidomerkinsrules Prestigious Platinum Club Memberguidomerkinsrules Prestigious Platinum Club Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by crosswatt View Post
Yep. We all look forward to that thread each year.

Old 01-07-2017, 10:23 PM   #24
Bulldawg was my friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by guidomerkinsrules View Post
I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.
-William Penn
crosswatt is online now Reply With Quote

Old 01-08-2017, 12:31 AM   #25
formerly SeLuSaint

OutlawSaint Prestigious Gold Club MemberOutlawSaint Prestigious Gold Club MemberOutlawSaint Prestigious Gold Club Member
OutlawSaint Prestigious Gold Club MemberOutlawSaint Prestigious Gold Club MemberOutlawSaint Prestigious Gold Club MemberOutlawSaint Prestigious Gold Club MemberOutlawSaint Prestigious Gold Club MemberOutlawSaint Prestigious Gold Club MemberOutlawSaint Prestigious Gold Club MemberOutlawSaint Prestigious Gold Club MemberOutlawSaint Prestigious Gold Club MemberOutlawSaint Prestigious Gold Club MemberOutlawSaint Prestigious Gold Club Member
Being a Saints fan isn't a seasonal gig, it's a year round thing. Being a Saints fan is a life style.
OutlawSaint is offline Reply With Quote

Old 01-08-2017, 01:15 AM   #26
All-Pro

NatureBoy is a future SR.com Hall of FamerNatureBoy is a future SR.com Hall of FamerNatureBoy is a future SR.com Hall of FamerNatureBoy is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
NatureBoy is a future SR.com Hall of FamerNatureBoy is a future SR.com Hall of FamerNatureBoy is a future SR.com Hall of FamerNatureBoy is a future SR.com Hall of FamerNatureBoy is a future SR.com Hall of FamerNatureBoy is a future SR.com Hall of FamerNatureBoy is a future SR.com Hall of FamerNatureBoy is a future SR.com Hall of FamerNatureBoy is a future SR.com Hall of FamerNatureBoy is a future SR.com Hall of FamerNatureBoy is a future SR.com Hall of FamerNatureBoy is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
As much as I love Saints football, I do enjoy unplugging once their season ends. I won't zone out completely, but won't be on the site daily, hitting the refresh button, hoping for something major to happen. I do enjoy the off season "season" for the most part. The first few days of free agency are usually fun to watch, and of course the draft (with the exception of a million useless fan mocks) is fun too. But it's kinda cool to not have that daily investment of time and attention during the spring and summer when there are so many festivals, concerts, cook outs, vacations, baseball and other things to enjoy.

NatureBoy is offline Reply With Quote

Old 01-08-2017, 01:36 AM   #27
Back in Black & Gold

Ragin Caucasian is a future SR.com Hall of FamerRagin Caucasian is a future SR.com Hall of FamerRagin Caucasian is a future SR.com Hall of FamerRagin Caucasian is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Ragin Caucasian is a future SR.com Hall of FamerRagin Caucasian is a future SR.com Hall of FamerRagin Caucasian is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
I can't tell if this is super narcissistic or admirable.

I'll go with admirable. See you next year bro.
Ragin Caucasian is online now Reply With Quote

Old 01-08-2017, 03:34 AM   #28
Fear is a beautiful aroma

Gump is a true SaintGump is a true SaintGump is a true SaintGump is a true SaintGump is a true Saint
Gump is a true SaintGump is a true SaintGump is a true SaintGump is a true SaintGump is a true SaintGump is a true SaintGump is a true SaintGump is a true SaintGump is a true SaintGump is a true SaintGump is a true SaintGump is a true SaintGump is a true SaintGump is a true SaintGump is a true Saint
I thought I was the only who checked it 30 times a day..whew.

Old 01-08-2017, 04:07 AM   #29
Veteran Starter

Matteoma1 is a jewel in the rough
Matteoma1 is a jewel in the roughMatteoma1 is a jewel in the roughMatteoma1 is a jewel in the roughMatteoma1 is a jewel in the roughMatteoma1 is a jewel in the roughMatteoma1 is a jewel in the roughMatteoma1 is a jewel in the rough
You think he really left or is just lurking around to see the responses? If he really did leave will be even read what we are saying?
Matteoma1 is online now Reply With Quote

Old 01-09-2017, 09:22 AM   #30
matter vs. spirit

insidejob Prestigious Platinum Club Memberinsidejob Prestigious Platinum Club Memberinsidejob Prestigious Platinum Club Memberinsidejob Prestigious Platinum Club Memberinsidejob Prestigious Platinum Club Memberinsidejob Prestigious Platinum Club Memberinsidejob Prestigious Platinum Club Memberinsidejob Prestigious Platinum Club Memberinsidejob Prestigious Platinum Club Memberinsidejob Prestigious Platinum Club Member
insidejob Prestigious Platinum Club Memberinsidejob Prestigious Platinum Club Memberinsidejob Prestigious Platinum Club Memberinsidejob Prestigious Platinum Club Memberinsidejob Prestigious Platinum Club Memberinsidejob Prestigious Platinum Club Memberinsidejob Prestigious Platinum Club Memberinsidejob Prestigious Platinum Club Memberinsidejob Prestigious Platinum Club Memberinsidejob Prestigious Platinum Club Memberinsidejob Prestigious Platinum Club Memberinsidejob Prestigious Platinum Club Memberinsidejob Prestigious Platinum Club Memberinsidejob Prestigious Platinum Club Memberinsidejob Prestigious Platinum Club Member
Hey guys,

I'l be going to use the bathroom in a little while and I'll be offline. Later today, I'm going to go to lunch and won't be posting anything at that time either. Just want to make sure everyone knows I'm okay and will be back to continue my efforts of secretly sending Coach Payton messages via my suggestions about the team on the SSF.

I don't know what the team would do with out me.

Who Dat IndigNation

Until the awesomeness comes back home to New Orleans
insidejob is offline Reply With Quote