New Page 1
home Steve Gleasons Website
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Old 03-06-2012, 11:13 AM   #1
Veteran Starter

geauxx4itsaints is on a distinguished roadgeauxx4itsaints is on a distinguished roadgeauxx4itsaints is on a distinguished roadgeauxx4itsaints is on a distinguished roadgeauxx4itsaints is on a distinguished roadgeauxx4itsaints is on a distinguished road
Greed

I dont care if I get flamed for this....
DREW has done a TON dor the Saints Organization...But make NO mistake about it, his GREED has taken over and it is appalling to me that he shows complete disrespect for this organization, and how it could survive after paying him the gazillion dollars he wants that would totally handicap this team for years to come... If he goes he goes...I will miss him...He is a great QB, but in the end he is just a greedy player like the rest of them...Only thinking about HIMSELF...NOT the Saints Organization or the Team...I have lost respect...and I will HATE him if he becomes a Cowboy... there, I said it....

PEACE
geauxx4itsaints is offline Reply With Quote

18 out of 30 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-06-2012, 11:15 AM   #2
Very Banned

Bitter Bill is a jewel in the rough
Bitter Bill is a jewel in the roughBitter Bill is a jewel in the roughBitter Bill is a jewel in the roughBitter Bill is a jewel in the roughBitter Bill is a jewel in the roughBitter Bill is a jewel in the roughBitter Bill is a jewel in the roughBitter Bill is a jewel in the rough
I'm tired of red thumbing people.
Bitter Bill is offline Reply With Quote

2 out of 17 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-06-2012, 11:15 AM   #3
Veteran

ivo610 is on a distinguished roadivo610 is on a distinguished roadivo610 is on a distinguished roadivo610 is on a distinguished roadivo610 is on a distinguished roadivo610 is on a distinguished roadivo610 is on a distinguished road
It's always about the money.
ivo610 is offline Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-06-2012, 11:17 AM   #4
Boo Boo Bear

geauxboy is an Sr.com Hall of Famergeauxboy is an Sr.com Hall of Famergeauxboy is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
geauxboy is an Sr.com Hall of Famergeauxboy is an Sr.com Hall of Famergeauxboy is an Sr.com Hall of Famergeauxboy is an Sr.com Hall of Famergeauxboy is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Would you sign a contract right in the middle of this? I'd wait until the punishment is levied before I commit to anything.

Old 03-06-2012, 11:18 AM   #5
Veteran Starter

geauxx4itsaints is on a distinguished roadgeauxx4itsaints is on a distinguished roadgeauxx4itsaints is on a distinguished roadgeauxx4itsaints is on a distinguished roadgeauxx4itsaints is on a distinguished roadgeauxx4itsaints is on a distinguished road
Red thumb me all u want...the truth hurts...even with a red thumb... ; )
geauxx4itsaints is offline Reply With Quote

2 out of 6 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-06-2012, 11:19 AM   #6
Fan Man

jeb026 is on a distinguished roadjeb026 is on a distinguished road
I think drew and loomis are trying to work in other FAs, not being greedy.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-06-2012, 11:19 AM   #7
Hall-of-Famer

Trey W. is marching in
Trey W. is marching inTrey W. is marching inTrey W. is marching inTrey W. is marching inTrey W. is marching inTrey W. is marching inTrey W. is marching inTrey W. is marching inTrey W. is marching inTrey W. is marching inTrey W. is marching in
I calculated it up, if the Salary cap is set for 126 million and Drew wants 23 million a year that is approx 18.25%. Now I don't know much about how the cap works and stuff but 1 person making 1/5th of the TEAM's entire Salary Cap is rediculous. No one is saying Drew doesn't deserve to make that much, it's just that the TEAM can't afford to pay 1 person that much and pay the other 52 players also and maintain a competitive TEAM. Unless Drew want's to play with a bunch of backups and get killed every game then he needs to wise up.
But it ain’t about how hard you hit… it’s about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward… how much you can take, and keep moving forward. If you know what you’re worth, go out and get what you’re worth. But you gotta be willing to take the hit." Rocky Balboa
Trey W. is offline Reply With Quote

5 out of 5 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-06-2012, 11:19 AM   #8
Very Banned

Bitter Bill is a jewel in the rough
Bitter Bill is a jewel in the roughBitter Bill is a jewel in the roughBitter Bill is a jewel in the roughBitter Bill is a jewel in the roughBitter Bill is a jewel in the roughBitter Bill is a jewel in the roughBitter Bill is a jewel in the roughBitter Bill is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by geauxx4itsaints View Post
I didn't red thumb you. As I said, I'm tired of it.

Your interpretation of the truth is very sad. I'll give you that. And I'm sure it hurts you.

That's too bad.
Bitter Bill is offline Reply With Quote

1 out of 6 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-06-2012, 11:19 AM   #9
SR is my life!

El Caliente 40K Burger ClubEl Caliente 40K Burger ClubEl Caliente 40K Burger ClubEl Caliente 40K Burger ClubEl Caliente 40K Burger ClubEl Caliente 40K Burger Club
El Caliente 40K Burger ClubEl Caliente 40K Burger ClubEl Caliente 40K Burger ClubEl Caliente 40K Burger ClubEl Caliente 40K Burger ClubEl Caliente 40K Burger ClubEl Caliente 40K Burger ClubEl Caliente 40K Burger ClubEl Caliente 40K Burger ClubEl Caliente 40K Burger Club
if we don't give him what he wants, and the Cowboys do, I will hate our front office. What a shame that would be.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-06-2012, 11:20 AM   #10
All-Pro

Lukelv0 is a jewel in the rough
Lukelv0 is a jewel in the roughLukelv0 is a jewel in the roughLukelv0 is a jewel in the roughLukelv0 is a jewel in the roughLukelv0 is a jewel in the roughLukelv0 is a jewel in the roughLukelv0 is a jewel in the roughLukelv0 is a jewel in the rough
Brees while a great guy, we all are guilty of putting him on a pedestal. He is looking out for himself and his family and not his teammates and the saints. So yes he is being greedy but I can't say I'm mad at him for it. Just that I thought he was better than this.

2 out of 4 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-06-2012, 11:20 AM   #11

bagouser is on a distinguished roadbagouser is on a distinguished roadbagouser is on a distinguished roadbagouser is on a distinguished roadbagouser is on a distinguished roadbagouser is on a distinguished roadbagouser is on a distinguished road
This is a tough one. I heard that Saturday morning we increased our offer to 20, 21, and 22 the first 3 seasons and CONDON still wouldnt take it.
What happened to "Keeping the team together"?
Im not saying he doesnt deserve it.....he has done everything possible for the Saints.
I just wish he could take the 13million raise we offered him.....
bagouser is offline Reply With Quote

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-06-2012, 11:21 AM   #12
All-Pro

Lukelv0 is a jewel in the rough
Lukelv0 is a jewel in the roughLukelv0 is a jewel in the roughLukelv0 is a jewel in the roughLukelv0 is a jewel in the roughLukelv0 is a jewel in the roughLukelv0 is a jewel in the roughLukelv0 is a jewel in the roughLukelv0 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Caliente View Post
if we don't give him what he wants, and the Cowboys do, I will hate our front office. What a shame that would be.
I don't think the Cowboys have much cap room so that isn't something you have to worry about.

Old 03-06-2012, 11:21 AM   #13
He didn't make it

OhioSaintsFan is a true SaintOhioSaintsFan is a true SaintOhioSaintsFan is a true SaintOhioSaintsFan is a true SaintOhioSaintsFan is a true SaintOhioSaintsFan is a true Saint
OhioSaintsFan is a true SaintOhioSaintsFan is a true SaintOhioSaintsFan is a true SaintOhioSaintsFan is a true SaintOhioSaintsFan is a true SaintOhioSaintsFan is a true SaintOhioSaintsFan is a true SaintOhioSaintsFan is a true SaintOhioSaintsFan is a true SaintOhioSaintsFan is a true SaintOhioSaintsFan is a true SaintOhioSaintsFan is a true SaintOhioSaintsFan is a true SaintOhioSaintsFan is a true SaintOhioSaintsFan is a true Saint
Quote:
Originally Posted by geauxx4itsaints View Post
What you speculate to be truth, anyway.
OhioSaintsFan is offline Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-06-2012, 11:22 AM   #14
More than 15K posts served!

meily is an Sr.com Hall of Famermeily is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
meily is an Sr.com Hall of Famermeily is an Sr.com Hall of Famermeily is an Sr.com Hall of Famermeily is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeb026 View Post
I think drew and loomis are trying to work in other FAs, not being greedy.
This....I think its more the structuring of the contract than the actual number...they have to fit players under the cap and its not an easy thing to do, the Franchise Tag buys time...Drew Brees is a player, I'm on the side of Loomis and Payton.
meily is offline Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.