New Page 1
home Steve Gleasons Website
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Go Back   New Orleans Saints - Saints Report - Message Boards > GENERAL > Locker Room (Smack Allowed)

Old 04-24-2012, 11:04 AM   #1
Pro-Bowler

CajunSaint08 is a BEAST!CajunSaint08 is a BEAST!CajunSaint08 is a BEAST!CajunSaint08 is a BEAST!CajunSaint08 is a BEAST!CajunSaint08 is a BEAST!CajunSaint08 is a BEAST!CajunSaint08 is a BEAST!CajunSaint08 is a BEAST!CajunSaint08 is a BEAST!CajunSaint08 is a BEAST!
Hear me out....if you believe in conspiracy

I don't know how to state this that it will make any sense, but here it goes. This is just a possibility and I have no way of verifying any of these thoughts, but....

The NFL has never had a host city and team in the Super Bowl. They have a strong possibility this year that the Saints could be the team to be the first. However, if the host city and team are one in the same, does not the NFL stand to lose serious money? It figures that if you bring in teams from outside the host city, they will bring in tons of money for hotels, restaurants, side bets...... If the Saints were to make it to the Super Bowl this year, the NFL would stand to lose serious money (again, I have no way to prove this...it's just a thought) if there was no controversy that is......

But two things happen with all the controversy going on. 1. The Saints will be so mentally shaken that they have a horrible season and they will not make the playoffs, let alone the Super Bowl. NFL problem solved 2. (and this is were it gets interesting) If the Saints were to make it to the Super Bowl this year, can you imagine all the media hype to rehash the year, bringing even more attention to the Super Bowl than ever before...making even more money for the NFL.

Just a thought if you believe in conspiracies.....I think I am beginnig to believe in them.

GEAUX SAINTS!!!
CajunSaint08 is offline Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-24-2012, 11:14 AM   #2
...from a chicken, bugwit

blackadder 40K Burger Clubblackadder 40K Burger Clubblackadder 40K Burger Clubblackadder 40K Burger Clubblackadder 40K Burger Clubblackadder 40K Burger Club
blackadder 40K Burger Clubblackadder 40K Burger Clubblackadder 40K Burger Clubblackadder 40K Burger Clubblackadder 40K Burger Clubblackadder 40K Burger Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunSaint08 View Post
I don't know how to state this that it will make any sense, but here it goes. This is just a possibility and I have no way of verifying any of these thoughts, but....

The NFL has never had a host city and team in the Super Bowl. They have a strong possibility this year that the Saints could be the team to be the first. However, if the host city and team are one in the same, does not the NFL stand to lose serious money? It figures that if you bring in teams from outside the host city, they will bring in tons of money for hotels, restaurants, side bets...... If the Saints were to make it to the Super Bowl this year, the NFL would stand to lose serious money (again, I have no way to prove this...it's just a thought) if there was no controversy that is......

But two things happen with all the controversy going on. 1. The Saints will be so mentally shaken that they have a horrible season and they will not make the playoffs, let alone the Super Bowl. NFL problem solved 2. (and this is were it gets interesting) If the Saints were to make it to the Super Bowl this year, can you imagine all the media hype to rehash the year, bringing even more attention to the Super Bowl than ever before...making even more money for the NFL.

Just a thought if you believe in conspiracies.....I think I am beginnig to believe in them.

GEAUX SAINTS!!!
If there is a conspiracy of bias against the Saints, it's mainly because Goodell and the league offices dislike the Saints organization and, in any case, are not fans of the Saints in general having a historically great offense. The fear over the player injury lawsuits makes it easy for them, therefore, to scapegoat the Saints.

This is a personal vendetta and a scapegoating the Goodell finds it convenient and easy to proceed with given the targets.
"All you have to do is to tell them (the people) they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country." - Hermann Goering
blackadder is online now Reply With Quote

Old 04-24-2012, 11:26 AM   #3
Hall-of-Famer

Trey W. is marching in
Trey W. is marching inTrey W. is marching inTrey W. is marching inTrey W. is marching inTrey W. is marching inTrey W. is marching inTrey W. is marching inTrey W. is marching inTrey W. is marching inTrey W. is marching inTrey W. is marching in
If ever there was a time for the NFL to help our New Orleans it would be this year if we did make it to the Super Bowl. Win or lose if the Saints made it to the Super Bowl in their home town N.O. would errupt. Local and regional fans would spend their money like crazy. I think having the Saints and another team would benefit N.O. way more than 2 other teams that no one here really cares about. You are still going to have the other teams fans come, and the people who go to S.B.'s, and Saints fan from around the country coming home. I don't know what the NFL's deal is with the Saints. I'm sure if they set out and investigated all 32 NFL franchises they would find a lot worse things going on the Bountygate, Vicodin scandals, and now this eaves dropping story.
But it ain’t about how hard you hit… it’s about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward… how much you can take, and keep moving forward. If you know what you’re worth, go out and get what you’re worth. But you gotta be willing to take the hit." Rocky Balboa
Trey W. is offline Reply With Quote

Old 04-24-2012, 11:44 AM   #4
Hey! Where's Perry?

gboudx has disabled reputation

Awards Showcase
Outstanding Community Service Award 
Total Awards: 1

So Goodell is behind Payton Manning's neck injury too? My god, how far down does this rabbit hole go?
gboudx is offline Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-24-2012, 01:33 PM   #5
Kevin Gates 4 President

weightlifter316 is a jewel in the rough
weightlifter316 is a jewel in the roughweightlifter316 is a jewel in the roughweightlifter316 is a jewel in the roughweightlifter316 is a jewel in the roughweightlifter316 is a jewel in the roughweightlifter316 is a jewel in the roughweightlifter316 is a jewel in the rough
I am convinced that somebody is trying to sabotage the Saints but I don't know who or why. Disgruntled former employee, someone higher up in the NFL chain, or even Goodell himself. Somebody has decided that the Saints need to be destroyed and nobody knows where all this animosity is coming from.

I guess this is what happens when you start lighting up every defense you play and nobody can figure out how to stop our offense.
weightlifter316 is offline Reply With Quote

Old 04-26-2012, 01:08 AM   #6
Hall-of-Famer

MsMSSaintsFan is an Sr.com Hall of FamerMsMSSaintsFan is an Sr.com Hall of FamerMsMSSaintsFan is an Sr.com Hall of FamerMsMSSaintsFan is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
MsMSSaintsFan is an Sr.com Hall of FamerMsMSSaintsFan is an Sr.com Hall of FamerMsMSSaintsFan is an Sr.com Hall of FamerMsMSSaintsFan is an Sr.com Hall of FamerMsMSSaintsFan is an Sr.com Hall of FamerMsMSSaintsFan is an Sr.com Hall of FamerMsMSSaintsFan is an Sr.com Hall of FamerMsMSSaintsFan is an Sr.com Hall of FamerMsMSSaintsFan is an Sr.com Hall of FamerMsMSSaintsFan is an Sr.com Hall of FamerMsMSSaintsFan is an Sr.com Hall of FamerMsMSSaintsFan is an Sr.com Hall of FamerMsMSSaintsFan is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
My tin foil hat thoughts. There is another SuperBowl coming up in the near future, inNew York City. Now, which franchise would the NFL rather see in a "home team/home town SuperBowl? Small market Saints in the Superdome? Or huge market Giants (or long shot Jets) in their new monstrosity? I wonder how much of this would have happened if NYC was NOT hosting a SB in the very near future.

(My tin foil hat is starting to resemble the Tin Mans head from Oz.)

Old 04-26-2012, 04:50 AM   #7
Boo Boo Bear

geauxboy is an Sr.com Hall of Famergeauxboy is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
geauxboy is an Sr.com Hall of Famergeauxboy is an Sr.com Hall of Famergeauxboy is an Sr.com Hall of Famergeauxboy is an Sr.com Hall of Famergeauxboy is an Sr.com Hall of Famergeauxboy is an Sr.com Hall of Famergeauxboy is an Sr.com Hall of Famergeauxboy is an Sr.com Hall of Famergeauxboy is an Sr.com Hall of Famergeauxboy is an Sr.com Hall of Famergeauxboy is an Sr.com Hall of Famergeauxboy is an Sr.com Hall of Famergeauxboy is an Sr.com Hall of Famergeauxboy is an Sr.com Hall of Famergeauxboy is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Obviously the SB brings in tourists from all around, not forgetting corporate money too. The biggest losers in this would be the hotels. The restaurants and bars would still make a fortune, but the hotels will not be to capacity and maybe the trinket sales will be down too.

Old 04-26-2012, 05:58 AM   #8

AceTW is an Sr.com Hall of FamerAceTW is an Sr.com Hall of FamerAceTW is an Sr.com Hall of FamerAceTW is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
AceTW is an Sr.com Hall of FamerAceTW is an Sr.com Hall of FamerAceTW is an Sr.com Hall of FamerAceTW is an Sr.com Hall of FamerAceTW is an Sr.com Hall of FamerAceTW is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunSaint08 View Post

GEAUX SAINTS!!!
Hmmm... Not sure I get this. The NFL makes their money from ticket and merchandise sales, they get nothing from hotels, restaurants, etc.
Because a team is playing at home I don't see how that would affect the NFL's cash flow....

On the other hand, because it's the Saints and they are a small market team, I can see the NFL not wanting this type of historic event happening here. They would stand to make a lot more $$ on this type of event happening in New York or one of the big markets.
AceTW is offline Reply With Quote