Saintsreport.com Forums
home Steve Gleasons Website
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Do you want to remove the ads? Support the site by becoming a subscribing member.

Old 01-01-2017, 06:44 PM   #1
Pro-Bowler

Buda is on a distinguished roadBuda is on a distinguished roadBuda is on a distinguished roadBuda is on a distinguished roadBuda is on a distinguished roadBuda is on a distinguished roadBuda is on a distinguished road
How can there possibly not be a massive call for SP to be fired?

I'm amazed. Yes, we love him. Yes he won one Super Bowl. But it MUST be obvious to even the most casual observer that he simply is NEVER going to be successful as a Head Coach here in New Orleans again.

All the things that make great HEAD coaches - good personnel decisions, getting the most out of players, keeping players focused, keeping great players happy, developing and keeping team chemistry, keeping the team focused and motivated to finish games and seasons - just to name a few - have been utterly lacking ever since Payton came back from his suspension.

Yes he's still a GREAT play caller - but he has been poor at best as a Head Coach for several years. He may go somewhere else and be very successful as a head man, but he doesn't have IT here and now.

Something happened to him during that suspension. He lost something. This team was not the same from that point forward and they will continue to be MEDIOCRE as long as he is here.

It seems obvious to me - and I don't know why the fans, the TV talking heads and others aren't screaming about it.

So, your thoughts?
Buda is offline Reply With Quote

18 out of 84 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-01-2017, 06:45 PM   #2
ALL-MADDEN TEAM

CanadianSaint is a splendid one to beholdCanadianSaint is a splendid one to beholdCanadianSaint is a splendid one to behold
CanadianSaint is a splendid one to beholdCanadianSaint is a splendid one to beholdCanadianSaint is a splendid one to beholdCanadianSaint is a splendid one to beholdCanadianSaint is a splendid one to beholdCanadianSaint is a splendid one to beholdCanadianSaint is a splendid one to beholdCanadianSaint is a splendid one to beholdCanadianSaint is a splendid one to beholdCanadianSaint is a splendid one to beholdCanadianSaint is a splendid one to beholdCanadianSaint is a splendid one to behold
0/10
CanadianSaint is offline Reply With Quote

4 out of 8 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-01-2017, 06:46 PM   #3
Drag The Waters

FatCitySaint 40K Burger ClubFatCitySaint 40K Burger ClubFatCitySaint 40K Burger ClubFatCitySaint 40K Burger ClubFatCitySaint 40K Burger ClubFatCitySaint 40K Burger ClubFatCitySaint 40K Burger Club
FatCitySaint 40K Burger ClubFatCitySaint 40K Burger ClubFatCitySaint 40K Burger ClubFatCitySaint 40K Burger ClubFatCitySaint 40K Burger ClubFatCitySaint 40K Burger ClubFatCitySaint 40K Burger ClubFatCitySaint 40K Burger ClubFatCitySaint 40K Burger ClubFatCitySaint 40K Burger ClubFatCitySaint 40K Burger Club

13 out of 14 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-01-2017, 06:47 PM   #4
Soulful Voice Actor

Eman5805 Prestigious Platinum Club MemberEman5805 Prestigious Platinum Club MemberEman5805 Prestigious Platinum Club MemberEman5805 Prestigious Platinum Club Member
Eman5805 Prestigious Platinum Club MemberEman5805 Prestigious Platinum Club MemberEman5805 Prestigious Platinum Club MemberEman5805 Prestigious Platinum Club MemberEman5805 Prestigious Platinum Club MemberEman5805 Prestigious Platinum Club MemberEman5805 Prestigious Platinum Club MemberEman5805 Prestigious Platinum Club MemberEman5805 Prestigious Platinum Club MemberEman5805 Prestigious Platinum Club MemberEman5805 Prestigious Platinum Club MemberEman5805 Prestigious Platinum Club MemberEman5805 Prestigious Platinum Club MemberEman5805 Prestigious Platinum Club Member
Why does none of threads like this done even a modicum of research and suggested a replacement?

I'm not committed to Payton, but "And then what?" needs to be a part of any serious discussion, I feel.
Eman5805 is offline Reply With Quote

15 out of 16 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-01-2017, 06:49 PM   #5
Veteran

WinAnother is a BEAST!WinAnother is a BEAST!WinAnother is a BEAST!WinAnother is a BEAST!WinAnother is a BEAST!WinAnother is a BEAST!WinAnother is a BEAST!WinAnother is a BEAST!WinAnother is a BEAST!WinAnother is a BEAST!WinAnother is a BEAST!WinAnother is a BEAST!
Why fire him, when we can get compensation for him?
WinAnother is offline Reply With Quote

4 out of 7 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-01-2017, 06:49 PM   #6
...from a chicken, bugwit

blackadder Prestigious Gold Club Memberblackadder Prestigious Gold Club Memberblackadder Prestigious Gold Club Member
blackadder Prestigious Gold Club Memberblackadder Prestigious Gold Club Memberblackadder Prestigious Gold Club Memberblackadder Prestigious Gold Club Memberblackadder Prestigious Gold Club Memberblackadder Prestigious Gold Club Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buda View Post
I'm amazed. Yes, we love him. Yes he won one Super Bowl. But it MUST be obvious to even the most casual observer that he simply is NEVER going to be successful as a Head Coach here in New Orleans again.

All the things that make great HEAD coaches - good personnel decisions, getting the most out of players, keeping players focused, keeping great players happy, developing and keeping team chemistry, keeping the team focused and motivated to finish games and seasons - just to name a few - have been utterly lacking ever since Payton came back from his suspension.

Yes he's still a GREAT play caller - but he has been poor at best as a Head Coach for several years. He may go somewhere else and be very successful as a head man, but he doesn't have IT here and now.

Something happened to him during that suspension. He lost something. This team was not the same from that point forward and they will continue to be MEDIOCRE as long as he is here.

It seems obvious to me - and I don't know why the fans, the TV talking heads and others aren't screaming about it.

So, your thoughts?
Offense!
"All you have to do is to tell them (the people) they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country." - Hermann Goering
blackadder is offline Reply With Quote

1 out of 5 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-01-2017, 06:49 PM   #7
Subscribing Member

zknotts61 Prestigious Gold Club Memberzknotts61 Prestigious Gold Club Memberzknotts61 Prestigious Gold Club Memberzknotts61 Prestigious Gold Club Memberzknotts61 Prestigious Gold Club Member
zknotts61 Prestigious Gold Club Member
My thoughts are this team is 3-4 plays away (Denver, Oakland, Giants) from having 3-4 more wins. Unlike previous seasons, I've seen some improvement, particularly on defense. Pass rush isn't where I would like to see it, but I think it's better (for he love of God, resign Fairley). Plus we are missing 6-7 cornerbacks. Our draftees from 2015 and 2016 have me optimistic about next season too.

I'm not quite ready to get rid of Sean just yet. I think we should give him another shot. If next season ends similarly to the past few years, then I think it would be time to move on.
zknotts61 is offline Reply With Quote

20 out of 22 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-01-2017, 06:50 PM   #8
LURKER

DABOOT162 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerDABOOT162 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerDABOOT162 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerDABOOT162 is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
DABOOT162 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerDABOOT162 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerDABOOT162 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerDABOOT162 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerDABOOT162 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerDABOOT162 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerDABOOT162 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerDABOOT162 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerDABOOT162 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerDABOOT162 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerDABOOT162 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerDABOOT162 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerDABOOT162 is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Oh look... an original idea

Pro
DABOOT162 is offline Reply With Quote

2 out of 7 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-01-2017, 06:50 PM   #9
Super Forum Fanatic

sammymvpknight 60K Burger Club
sammymvpknight 60K Burger Clubsammymvpknight 60K Burger Clubsammymvpknight 60K Burger Clubsammymvpknight 60K Burger Clubsammymvpknight 60K Burger Clubsammymvpknight 60K Burger Clubsammymvpknight 60K Burger Club
There is...it's just not happening on this site.
sammymvpknight is offline Reply With Quote

1 out of 10 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-01-2017, 06:51 PM   #10
ALL-MADDEN TEAM

FrenchieATX has a spectacular aura aboutFrenchieATX has a spectacular aura aboutFrenchieATX has a spectacular aura aboutFrenchieATX has a spectacular aura aboutFrenchieATX has a spectacular aura aboutFrenchieATX has a spectacular aura aboutFrenchieATX has a spectacular aura aboutFrenchieATX has a spectacular aura aboutFrenchieATX has a spectacular aura aboutFrenchieATX has a spectacular aura aboutFrenchieATX has a spectacular aura aboutFrenchieATX has a spectacular aura aboutFrenchieATX has a spectacular aura aboutFrenchieATX has a spectacular aura about
Quote:

So, your thoughts?
I'm sure you won't get many fans for this post, but you're right. People seem to fail to associate the suspension with "losing the locker room" in 2014 - but I see those as directly connected. He was out, came back and pulled out the same bag of tricks and won a playoff game, but in the process ignored the mutiny happening under his watch. He's been rebuilding for 2 years but it's not done yet.

So in my view he came back from suspension and -- even if he hadn't changed, the team did.

Goodell wins.
FrenchieATX is offline Reply With Quote

2 out of 7 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-01-2017, 06:58 PM   #11
Hall-of-Famer

FootballLady 50K Burger ClubFootballLady 50K Burger ClubFootballLady 50K Burger ClubFootballLady 50K Burger ClubFootballLady 50K Burger ClubFootballLady 50K Burger ClubFootballLady 50K Burger Club
FootballLady 50K Burger ClubFootballLady 50K Burger ClubFootballLady 50K Burger ClubFootballLady 50K Burger ClubFootballLady 50K Burger ClubFootballLady 50K Burger ClubFootballLady 50K Burger ClubFootballLady 50K Burger ClubFootballLady 50K Burger ClubFootballLady 50K Burger ClubFootballLady 50K Burger ClubFootballLady 50K Burger Club
Because he's a good coach, the best we've ever had in fact, and the team is moving in the right direction. Blackadder trusts himself and has since the beginning so you can disregard his thoughts on the coach entirely. He probably complained about the super bowl win, tbh.

6 out of 13 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-01-2017, 06:58 PM   #12
ALL-MADDEN TEAM

kennydfresh is a jewel in the rough
kennydfresh is a jewel in the roughkennydfresh is a jewel in the roughkennydfresh is a jewel in the roughkennydfresh is a jewel in the roughkennydfresh is a jewel in the roughkennydfresh is a jewel in the roughkennydfresh is a jewel in the rough
Quote:

So, your thoughts?
Where is the "BOO THIS MAN" GIF when you need it????

\"Me I want whats coming to me?\"/ Whats that tony?/ The world chico and everything in it!\"

SCARFACE

-

GOD BLESS YOU ALL
kennydfresh is offline Reply With Quote

3 out of 4 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-01-2017, 06:59 PM   #13
Rookie

hounddog will become famous soon enoughhounddog will become famous soon enoughhounddog will become famous soon enoughhounddog will become famous soon enoughhounddog will become famous soon enoughhounddog will become famous soon enoughhounddog will become famous soon enoughhounddog will become famous soon enough
Does anyone expect this team to have a winning record next year with this defense? Is Payton suddenly going to draft a defensive stud that can make an impact. It will be more of the same.
hounddog is offline Reply With Quote

6 out of 18 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-01-2017, 07:00 PM   #14
Veteran

Clintonrebel has a spectacular aura aboutClintonrebel has a spectacular aura aboutClintonrebel has a spectacular aura aboutClintonrebel has a spectacular aura aboutClintonrebel has a spectacular aura aboutClintonrebel has a spectacular aura aboutClintonrebel has a spectacular aura aboutClintonrebel has a spectacular aura aboutClintonrebel has a spectacular aura aboutClintonrebel has a spectacular aura aboutClintonrebel has a spectacular aura aboutClintonrebel has a spectacular aura aboutClintonrebel has a spectacular aura aboutClintonrebel has a spectacular aura aboutClintonrebel has a spectacular aura about
Meaningless game. Saints win South in 2017
Clintonrebel is offline Reply With Quote

2 out of 5 members found this post helpful.