Saintsreport.com Forums
home Steve Gleasons Website
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Do you want to remove the ads? Support the site by becoming a subscribing member.

Old 01-01-2017, 07:39 PM   #29
Soulful Voice Actor

Eman5805 Prestigious Platinum Club MemberEman5805 Prestigious Platinum Club MemberEman5805 Prestigious Platinum Club MemberEman5805 Prestigious Platinum Club MemberEman5805 Prestigious Platinum Club Member
Eman5805 Prestigious Platinum Club MemberEman5805 Prestigious Platinum Club MemberEman5805 Prestigious Platinum Club MemberEman5805 Prestigious Platinum Club MemberEman5805 Prestigious Platinum Club MemberEman5805 Prestigious Platinum Club MemberEman5805 Prestigious Platinum Club MemberEman5805 Prestigious Platinum Club MemberEman5805 Prestigious Platinum Club MemberEman5805 Prestigious Platinum Club MemberEman5805 Prestigious Platinum Club MemberEman5805 Prestigious Platinum Club Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bush Time in NO View Post
Cause who's replacing him? No coach of his caliber is coming here. It would be idiotic to fire Sean Payton and get a lesser coach, just to make a change.
I mean, I'd be down to look into anybody that they could suggest.

Wait a season, bring in Tom Herman? I don't know.
Eman5805 is offline Reply With Quote

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-01-2017, 07:40 PM   #30
The People's Champ

wowatkin is an Sr.com Hall of Famerwowatkin is an Sr.com Hall of Famerwowatkin is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
wowatkin is an Sr.com Hall of Famerwowatkin is an Sr.com Hall of Famerwowatkin is an Sr.com Hall of Famerwowatkin is an Sr.com Hall of Famerwowatkin is an Sr.com Hall of Famerwowatkin is an Sr.com Hall of Famerwowatkin is an Sr.com Hall of Famerwowatkin is an Sr.com Hall of Famerwowatkin is an Sr.com Hall of Famerwowatkin is an Sr.com Hall of Famerwowatkin is an Sr.com Hall of Famerwowatkin is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
because as of this moment, with 39 seconds left and that Cadet TD, we'd be kicking a go ahead XP but for that errant Brees pick
wowatkin is offline Reply With Quote

1 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-01-2017, 07:41 PM   #31
Soulful Voice Actor

Eman5805 Prestigious Platinum Club MemberEman5805 Prestigious Platinum Club MemberEman5805 Prestigious Platinum Club MemberEman5805 Prestigious Platinum Club MemberEman5805 Prestigious Platinum Club Member
Eman5805 Prestigious Platinum Club MemberEman5805 Prestigious Platinum Club MemberEman5805 Prestigious Platinum Club MemberEman5805 Prestigious Platinum Club MemberEman5805 Prestigious Platinum Club MemberEman5805 Prestigious Platinum Club MemberEman5805 Prestigious Platinum Club MemberEman5805 Prestigious Platinum Club MemberEman5805 Prestigious Platinum Club MemberEman5805 Prestigious Platinum Club MemberEman5805 Prestigious Platinum Club MemberEman5805 Prestigious Platinum Club Member
We're idiots for trying to punch that 2pt conversion in. Should've spread them out to get that 2 yards.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-01-2017, 07:43 PM   #32
More than 15K posts served!

bclemms Prestigious Platinum Club Memberbclemms Prestigious Platinum Club Memberbclemms Prestigious Platinum Club Memberbclemms Prestigious Platinum Club Memberbclemms Prestigious Platinum Club Memberbclemms Prestigious Platinum Club Memberbclemms Prestigious Platinum Club Member
bclemms Prestigious Platinum Club Memberbclemms Prestigious Platinum Club Memberbclemms Prestigious Platinum Club Memberbclemms Prestigious Platinum Club Memberbclemms Prestigious Platinum Club Memberbclemms Prestigious Platinum Club Memberbclemms Prestigious Platinum Club Memberbclemms Prestigious Platinum Club Memberbclemms Prestigious Platinum Club Memberbclemms Prestigious Platinum Club Memberbclemms Prestigious Platinum Club Memberbclemms Prestigious Platinum Club Memberbclemms Prestigious Platinum Club Memberbclemms Prestigious Platinum Club Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by wowatkin View Post
because as of this moment, with 39 seconds left and that Cadet TD, we'd be kicking a go ahead XP but for that errant Brees pick
Teams that allow 35 points in a game win less than 5% of games.

We allowed 35 in the first half. Yes, let's blame Brees though.
bclemms is offline Reply With Quote

7 out of 8 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-01-2017, 07:46 PM   #33
Hall-of-Famer

crawfish2010 is an Sr.com Hall of Famercrawfish2010 is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
crawfish2010 is an Sr.com Hall of Famercrawfish2010 is an Sr.com Hall of Famercrawfish2010 is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bush Time in NO View Post
Cause who's replacing him? No coach of his caliber is coming here. It would be idiotic to fire Sean Payton and get a lesser coach, just to make a change.
I hear this response a lot from Saints homers. My question to you is, If the Saints go 6-10 next season does he still deserve a job?

Payton is 32-32 in his last 4 seasons. It's time to move on, you can't eat off that Superbowl for ever. You have a Hof QB and you can't even win 9 games in a weak division?
crawfish2010 is offline Reply With Quote

2 out of 10 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-01-2017, 07:50 PM   #34
What Would Breesus Do?

SaintSproles Prestigious Gold Club MemberSaintSproles Prestigious Gold Club Member
SaintSproles Prestigious Gold Club MemberSaintSproles Prestigious Gold Club MemberSaintSproles Prestigious Gold Club MemberSaintSproles Prestigious Gold Club MemberSaintSproles Prestigious Gold Club MemberSaintSproles Prestigious Gold Club MemberSaintSproles Prestigious Gold Club MemberSaintSproles Prestigious Gold Club MemberSaintSproles Prestigious Gold Club MemberSaintSproles Prestigious Gold Club MemberSaintSproles Prestigious Gold Club MemberSaintSproles Prestigious Gold Club Member

Awards Showcase
Survivor Bowl Champion 
Total Awards: 1

I find anyone supporting Payton at this point a person not dealing in reality. It's ok. Let go. He needs to go.

4 out of 14 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-01-2017, 07:51 PM   #35
...from a chicken, bugwit

blackadder Prestigious Gold Club Memberblackadder Prestigious Gold Club Memberblackadder Prestigious Gold Club Memberblackadder Prestigious Gold Club Memberblackadder Prestigious Gold Club Memberblackadder Prestigious Gold Club Member
blackadder Prestigious Gold Club Memberblackadder Prestigious Gold Club Memberblackadder Prestigious Gold Club Memberblackadder Prestigious Gold Club Memberblackadder Prestigious Gold Club Memberblackadder Prestigious Gold Club Memberblackadder Prestigious Gold Club Memberblackadder Prestigious Gold Club Memberblackadder Prestigious Gold Club Memberblackadder Prestigious Gold Club Memberblackadder Prestigious Gold Club Memberblackadder Prestigious Gold Club Memberblackadder Prestigious Gold Club Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by crawfish2010 View Post
I hear this response a lot from Saints homers. My question to you is, If the Saints go 6-10 next season does he still deserve a job?

Payton is 32-32 in his last 4 seasons. It's time to move on, you can't eat off that Superbowl for ever. You have a Hof QB and you can't even win 9 games in a weak division?
Now remove Brees from the equation and think what that 32-32 would be. Because across 2 of the three phases the cupboard has been bare for 3+ seasons.
"All you have to do is to tell them (the people) they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country." - Hermann Goering
blackadder is online now Reply With Quote

4 out of 6 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-01-2017, 07:53 PM   #36
...from a chicken, bugwit

blackadder Prestigious Gold Club Memberblackadder Prestigious Gold Club Memberblackadder Prestigious Gold Club Memberblackadder Prestigious Gold Club Memberblackadder Prestigious Gold Club Memberblackadder Prestigious Gold Club Member
blackadder Prestigious Gold Club Memberblackadder Prestigious Gold Club Memberblackadder Prestigious Gold Club Memberblackadder Prestigious Gold Club Memberblackadder Prestigious Gold Club Memberblackadder Prestigious Gold Club Memberblackadder Prestigious Gold Club Memberblackadder Prestigious Gold Club Memberblackadder Prestigious Gold Club Memberblackadder Prestigious Gold Club Memberblackadder Prestigious Gold Club Memberblackadder Prestigious Gold Club Memberblackadder Prestigious Gold Club Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintSproles View Post
I find anyone supporting Payton at this point a person not dealing in reality. It's ok. Let go. He needs to go.
There was another option. Evolve. Temper ego. Let go of cronies and do what's best for the team to get better everywhere possible. Turn the defense over to someone who's proven.

He couldn't take that course.
"All you have to do is to tell them (the people) they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country." - Hermann Goering
blackadder is online now Reply With Quote

3 out of 4 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-01-2017, 08:03 PM   #37
Soulful Voice Actor

Quote:

How did you completely miss the point of his post? Who do you want to replace Payton?

My guess is your response will be something like "Anyone else" or something an equally good cop out.

I'm not opposed to moving on from Payton. But no one is having a discussion on who to get instead.

I'll even start it off, how about John Harbaugh? Or do I mean Jim? Whoever is at Michigan.

3 out of 8 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-01-2017, 08:04 PM   #38
Bulldawg was my friend

crosswatt Prestigious Platinum Club Membercrosswatt Prestigious Platinum Club Membercrosswatt Prestigious Platinum Club Membercrosswatt Prestigious Platinum Club Membercrosswatt Prestigious Platinum Club Membercrosswatt Prestigious Platinum Club Membercrosswatt Prestigious Platinum Club Membercrosswatt Prestigious Platinum Club Membercrosswatt Prestigious Platinum Club Membercrosswatt Prestigious Platinum Club Membercrosswatt Prestigious Platinum Club Membercrosswatt Prestigious Platinum Club Membercrosswatt Prestigious Platinum Club Membercrosswatt Prestigious Platinum Club Membercrosswatt Prestigious Platinum Club Member
crosswatt Prestigious Platinum Club Membercrosswatt Prestigious Platinum Club Membercrosswatt Prestigious Platinum Club Membercrosswatt Prestigious Platinum Club Membercrosswatt Prestigious Platinum Club Membercrosswatt Prestigious Platinum Club Membercrosswatt Prestigious Platinum Club Membercrosswatt Prestigious Platinum Club Membercrosswatt Prestigious Platinum Club Membercrosswatt Prestigious Platinum Club Membercrosswatt Prestigious Platinum Club Membercrosswatt Prestigious Platinum Club Membercrosswatt Prestigious Platinum Club Membercrosswatt Prestigious Platinum Club Membercrosswatt Prestigious Platinum Club Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintSproles View Post

5 out of 5 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-01-2017, 08:04 PM   #39
More than 15K posts served!

El Caliente Prestigious Platinum Club MemberEl Caliente Prestigious Platinum Club MemberEl Caliente Prestigious Platinum Club MemberEl Caliente Prestigious Platinum Club MemberEl Caliente Prestigious Platinum Club MemberEl Caliente Prestigious Platinum Club Member
El Caliente Prestigious Platinum Club MemberEl Caliente Prestigious Platinum Club MemberEl Caliente Prestigious Platinum Club MemberEl Caliente Prestigious Platinum Club MemberEl Caliente Prestigious Platinum Club MemberEl Caliente Prestigious Platinum Club MemberEl Caliente Prestigious Platinum Club MemberEl Caliente Prestigious Platinum Club MemberEl Caliente Prestigious Platinum Club MemberEl Caliente Prestigious Platinum Club MemberEl Caliente Prestigious Platinum Club MemberEl Caliente Prestigious Platinum Club MemberEl Caliente Prestigious Platinum Club MemberEl Caliente Prestigious Platinum Club MemberEl Caliente Prestigious Platinum Club Member
Let's pump the breaks. Sean won't lose his job this year, but if he doesn't get us to the playoff next season he will have no excuse and he will be fired.

2 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-01-2017, 08:06 PM   #40
Official SR twitter team

St.Fury Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSt.Fury Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSt.Fury Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSt.Fury Prestigious Platinum Club Member
St.Fury Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSt.Fury Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSt.Fury Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSt.Fury Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSt.Fury Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSt.Fury Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSt.Fury Prestigious Platinum Club Member
Because, despite our record, i saw a great deal of improvement in this team this season.
St.Fury is online now Reply With Quote

7 out of 7 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-01-2017, 08:08 PM   #41
Bulldawg was my friend

Quote:

Those pesky homers. Supporting the team and its players and coaches. How dare they?

8 out of 9 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-01-2017, 08:09 PM   #42
Veteran

Super44 is a BEAST!Super44 is a BEAST!Super44 is a BEAST!Super44 is a BEAST!Super44 is a BEAST!Super44 is a BEAST!Super44 is a BEAST!Super44 is a BEAST!Super44 is a BEAST!Super44 is a BEAST!Super44 is a BEAST!
The thing I would like to know is, how many on this board that are reluctant to have the Saints part ways with Payton, are fans since this organization's say first ten years? How many are fans that are fans say for the last 10-15 years?

I ask because I think the sentiment depends on your history with this franchise. That said, I would simply GUESS, that if you are a fan since the inception of this franchise, you are probably willing to continue and accept the losing seasons, living off the memory of a Super Bowl win and all the emotions released with that ONE season. I believe it allows you the mindset of accepting this current front office and coaching staff's subpar performance over a number of (3) years. On the flip side, the fans that are "recent" (last 10-15 years) are less tolerant of a losing organization, though it is only 3 years running. Just my opinion.

Myself; I am a fan since the Saints inception. I personally have had enough of losing for 3 successive years. My opinion is when you find reasons that help you accept losing, or try to find positives from losing, you become tolerant of mediocrity. Is that what we want as a fan base? Not me.
Super44 is offline Reply With Quote

2 out of 5 members found this post helpful.