Saintsreport.com Forums
home Steve Gleasons Website
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Do you want to remove the ads? Support the site by becoming a subscribing member.

Old 01-01-2017, 08:56 PM   #71
Hall-of-Famer

crawfish2010 is an Sr.com Hall of Famercrawfish2010 is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
crawfish2010 is an Sr.com Hall of Famercrawfish2010 is an Sr.com Hall of Famercrawfish2010 is an Sr.com Hall of Famercrawfish2010 is an Sr.com Hall of Famercrawfish2010 is an Sr.com Hall of Famercrawfish2010 is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackadder View Post
Now remove Brees from the equation and think what that 32-32 would be. Because across 2 of the three phases the cupboard has been bare for 3+ seasons.
You're just proving my point. Payton is responsible for the "Cupboard being bare." In addition to the terrible special teams and special teams coach. He's the highest paid coach in the NFL and needs to fire coaches if they aren't performing.

The Saints went 7-9 with a terrible defense when Payton was suspended--what is Payton doing that is special?

Keep Carmicheal as offensive coordinator and the rest of the offensive assistants. Bring in a defensive minded coach and let him bring in all of his assistants.
crawfish2010 is offline Reply With Quote

3 out of 6 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-01-2017, 08:59 PM   #72
Veteran "USMC" Warrior

BIGSAINTSFAN is a splendid one to beholdBIGSAINTSFAN is a splendid one to beholdBIGSAINTSFAN is a splendid one to behold
BIGSAINTSFAN is a splendid one to beholdBIGSAINTSFAN is a splendid one to beholdBIGSAINTSFAN is a splendid one to beholdBIGSAINTSFAN is a splendid one to beholdBIGSAINTSFAN is a splendid one to beholdBIGSAINTSFAN is a splendid one to beholdBIGSAINTSFAN is a splendid one to beholdBIGSAINTSFAN is a splendid one to beholdBIGSAINTSFAN is a splendid one to beholdBIGSAINTSFAN is a splendid one to beholdBIGSAINTSFAN is a splendid one to beholdBIGSAINTSFAN is a splendid one to beholdBIGSAINTSFAN is a splendid one to beholdBIGSAINTSFAN is a splendid one to behold
I will take coach Payton any day of the week. Maybe you think we should give Jeff Fisher a chance here. This team is close to winning again. A new coach and scheme will only set us back. I am willing to ride this Brees/Payton train until the wheels fall off. To me, the wheels still have lots of tread on them.
BIGSAINTSFAN is offline Reply With Quote

4 out of 5 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-01-2017, 09:06 PM   #73
Veteran

SMDelcambre is on a distinguished roadSMDelcambre is on a distinguished roadSMDelcambre is on a distinguished roadSMDelcambre is on a distinguished roadSMDelcambre is on a distinguished roadSMDelcambre is on a distinguished road
How many of you would be upset if the following scenario unfolded?

Payton traded. Payton takes Vitt, McMahon, Johnson, and Lombardi with him.

Dennis Allen promoted to head coach. Carmichael, Glenn, and Roushar stay.
Allen hires Wade Phillips to be the DC.

To me, that's a win.
SMDelcambre is offline Reply With Quote

1 out of 5 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-01-2017, 09:07 PM   #74
Veteran

riverparishfn is on a distinguished roadriverparishfn is on a distinguished roadriverparishfn is on a distinguished roadriverparishfn is on a distinguished roadriverparishfn is on a distinguished road
Everybody said he was a fool for keeping lutz. Idont see anyone complaining now.
riverparishfn is offline Reply With Quote

2 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-01-2017, 09:08 PM   #75
Soulful Voice Actor

Eman5805 Prestigious Platinum Club MemberEman5805 Prestigious Platinum Club MemberEman5805 Prestigious Platinum Club MemberEman5805 Prestigious Platinum Club Member
Eman5805 Prestigious Platinum Club MemberEman5805 Prestigious Platinum Club MemberEman5805 Prestigious Platinum Club MemberEman5805 Prestigious Platinum Club MemberEman5805 Prestigious Platinum Club MemberEman5805 Prestigious Platinum Club MemberEman5805 Prestigious Platinum Club MemberEman5805 Prestigious Platinum Club MemberEman5805 Prestigious Platinum Club MemberEman5805 Prestigious Platinum Club MemberEman5805 Prestigious Platinum Club MemberEman5805 Prestigious Platinum Club MemberEman5805 Prestigious Platinum Club MemberEman5805 Prestigious Platinum Club Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by riverparishfn View Post
Everybody said he was a fool for keeping lutz. Idont see anyone complaining now.
Clearly the best thing we did was bringing in O'Dea to work on the snap, hold, and kick. Lutz is getting WAY more height on his kicks now. Even saw a Falcon look like his hand was high enough but the ball was over his hands.
Eman5805 is offline Reply With Quote

6 out of 6 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-01-2017, 09:12 PM   #76
Veteran

riverparishfn is on a distinguished roadriverparishfn is on a distinguished roadriverparishfn is on a distinguished roadriverparishfn is on a distinguished roadriverparishfn is on a distinguished road
I saw the same thing Eman.
riverparishfn is offline Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-01-2017, 09:29 PM   #77
Been Here Since Day 1

Ronnie is a jewel in the rough
Ronnie is a jewel in the roughRonnie is a jewel in the rough
Rex Ryan just got fired for 7-9 and he didn't have a QB anywhere near as good as Brees.
Ronnie is offline Reply With Quote

5 out of 8 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-01-2017, 09:30 PM   #78
Bulldawg was my friend

crosswatt Prestigious Platinum Club Membercrosswatt Prestigious Platinum Club Membercrosswatt Prestigious Platinum Club Membercrosswatt Prestigious Platinum Club Membercrosswatt Prestigious Platinum Club Membercrosswatt Prestigious Platinum Club Membercrosswatt Prestigious Platinum Club Membercrosswatt Prestigious Platinum Club Membercrosswatt Prestigious Platinum Club Membercrosswatt Prestigious Platinum Club Membercrosswatt Prestigious Platinum Club Membercrosswatt Prestigious Platinum Club Membercrosswatt Prestigious Platinum Club Membercrosswatt Prestigious Platinum Club Membercrosswatt Prestigious Platinum Club Member
crosswatt Prestigious Platinum Club Membercrosswatt Prestigious Platinum Club Membercrosswatt Prestigious Platinum Club Membercrosswatt Prestigious Platinum Club Membercrosswatt Prestigious Platinum Club Membercrosswatt Prestigious Platinum Club Membercrosswatt Prestigious Platinum Club Membercrosswatt Prestigious Platinum Club Membercrosswatt Prestigious Platinum Club Membercrosswatt Prestigious Platinum Club Membercrosswatt Prestigious Platinum Club Membercrosswatt Prestigious Platinum Club Membercrosswatt Prestigious Platinum Club Membercrosswatt Prestigious Platinum Club Membercrosswatt Prestigious Platinum Club Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super44 View Post
That is not correct and I am not certain on how to update it. But before you just go jumping up and down, feeling all high and mighty about what you read/see on an internet site (do not make assumptions everything you read on the internet), people do make mistakes. I did. So there.

I can actually help you update it if you wish. It's really not a deal.
I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.
-William Penn
crosswatt is offline Reply With Quote

Old 01-01-2017, 09:40 PM   #79
Super Forum Fanatic

VPCajun is a true SaintVPCajun is a true Saint
Quote:
Originally Posted by crosswatt View Post

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

And...

It's not so much that they see things differently; it's that they see two different things.

Old 01-01-2017, 09:43 PM   #80
Pro-Bowler

tarusman28 has a spectacular aura abouttarusman28 has a spectacular aura abouttarusman28 has a spectacular aura abouttarusman28 has a spectacular aura abouttarusman28 has a spectacular aura abouttarusman28 has a spectacular aura abouttarusman28 has a spectacular aura abouttarusman28 has a spectacular aura abouttarusman28 has a spectacular aura abouttarusman28 has a spectacular aura abouttarusman28 has a spectacular aura abouttarusman28 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buda View Post
I'm amazed. Yes, we love him. Yes he won one Super Bowl. But it MUST be obvious to even the most casual observer that he simply is NEVER going to be successful as a Head Coach here in New Orleans again.

All the things that make great HEAD coaches - good personnel decisions, getting the most out of players, keeping players focused, keeping great players happy, developing and keeping team chemistry, keeping the team focused and motivated to finish games and seasons - just to name a few - have been utterly lacking ever since Payton came back from his suspension.

Yes he's still a GREAT play caller - but he has been poor at best as a Head Coach for several years. He may go somewhere else and be very successful as a head man, but he doesn't have IT here and now.

Something happened to him during that suspension. He lost something. This team was not the same from that point forward and they will continue to be MEDIOCRE as long as he is here.

It seems obvious to me - and I don't know why the fans, the TV talking heads and others aren't screaming about it.

So, your thoughts?
Let me know when Payton coached team ends the season at 3-13 then I say fire him.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-01-2017, 09:59 PM   #81
Super Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super44 View Post
That is not correct and I am not certain on how to update it...

I'm not sure of THE way to do it, but if you click on the "User CP" selection on the gold colored menu bar just above it will take you to a page that has "Your Control Panel".

From there, (to the left) is "Edit your Details".

Good luck.

Old 01-01-2017, 10:00 PM   #82
ALL-MADDEN TEAM

BCK30 has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie View Post
Rex Ryan just got fired for 7-9 and he didn't have a QB anywhere near as good as Brees.
Rex Ryan got fired because the defense was worse that it was before he got there.
BCK30 is online now Reply With Quote

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-01-2017, 10:02 PM   #83
ALL-MADDEN TEAM

BCK30 has disabled reputation
I think the thread starter should've said Payton should fire certain assistant coaches....then I think just about everyone would be in agreement.
BCK30 is online now Reply With Quote

Old 01-01-2017, 10:26 PM   #84
SR is my life!

Algsaint is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Algsaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerAlgsaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerAlgsaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerAlgsaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerAlgsaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerAlgsaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerAlgsaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerAlgsaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerAlgsaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerAlgsaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerAlgsaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerAlgsaint is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
I get why fans defend keeping Sean Payton. I don't get why fans attack other fans who want Sean Payton gone . Three 7-9 football seasons in a row that included historically bad defenses and very sub par special teams play . Sean Payton needs to be held responsible for these results so yes he needs feel pressure from the fans and the media because these results shouldn't be acceptable.
Algsaint is offline Reply With Quote

3 out of 5 members found this post helpful.