New Page 1
home Steve Gleasons Website
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Go Back   New Orleans Saints - Saints Report - Message Boards > GENERAL > Locker Room (Smack Allowed)

Old 01-15-2012, 09:33 AM   #1

sheridan is an unknown quantity at this point
I came to offer congratulations on a great game but...

After reading this board, all I see are a bunch of excuses and people discrediting the 49ers. The fact is that we destroyed you like I said we would, our defense took advantage of your mistakes and ALEX SMITH lead a come back, yeah Alex, came back to beat the glorious Saints and Drew Brees! Nothing wrong with giving credit where credit is due guys! The better team won yesterday...maybe next year fellas. Thanks for the VICTORY!
sheridan is offline Reply With Quote

3 out of 55 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-15-2012, 09:40 AM   #2
Pro-Bowler

Trav4011 is a jewel in the rough
Trav4011 is a jewel in the roughTrav4011 is a jewel in the roughTrav4011 is a jewel in the roughTrav4011 is a jewel in the roughTrav4011 is a jewel in the roughTrav4011 is a jewel in the roughTrav4011 is a jewel in the rough
You didn't destroy us.. We put up 32 points in your house, even with 5 turnovers. So, how do you figure? We had the lead with a minute and 37 left. Our crap defensive scheme cost us this game after we had the lead, TWICE. It's happened multiple times before, to much less inferior teams than the 49ers.

I give credit where it is due.. Your defense created turnovers, which slowed this offense down. That's what made the difference. That being said, it's very unusual for the Saints to cough up the rock. We had 6 fumbles ALL SEASON.

But, don't come in here and act like you destroyed us.. because you didn't. This game went down to the last 4 seconds, and it could have very easily gone either way. You 49er fans were sh*tting bricks when we scored that last TD.. You can't tell me that you honestly believed that Alex Smith was going to drive the field and get the game winning TD? Our defense cost us this game in the final 5 minutes.. And, yes, you will get destroyed in GB next weekend. They, too, are a team that generates turnovers. We simply can't do it. We had a chance to end the game with 3 minutes left. Patrick Robinson had a tipped ball go RIGHT through his hands at your own 35 yard line.

So, dont' come on here and act all high and mighty. Yes, you guys won.. but, you didn't blow us out, or dominate our team. You pulled off a miracle.

21 out of 21 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-15-2012, 09:42 AM   #3
Pro-Bowler

bstepp99 is a BEAST!bstepp99 is a BEAST!bstepp99 is a BEAST!bstepp99 is a BEAST!bstepp99 is a BEAST!bstepp99 is a BEAST!bstepp99 is a BEAST!bstepp99 is a BEAST!bstepp99 is a BEAST!bstepp99 is a BEAST!bstepp99 is a BEAST!
When is a four point win destroying somebody?
bstepp99 is offline Reply With Quote

7 out of 7 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-15-2012, 09:54 AM   #4
DREW DAT

WhoDat9to12 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerWhoDat9to12 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerWhoDat9to12 is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
WhoDat9to12 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerWhoDat9to12 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerWhoDat9to12 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerWhoDat9to12 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerWhoDat9to12 is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Guy seems to forget we came back from 17 and almost won the game. Good game though ..your d is great

WHO DAT!!!!!!!!
WhoDat9to12 is offline Reply With Quote

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-15-2012, 09:55 AM   #5

Actually no, I came back because no body said I would be here after the game,still no credit? I will take some...not only can the 49ers shut down "great offenses" and record setting qb's , the offense can come back to win playoff games against experienced teams and coaches on winning streaks. Thats all I was looking for...Thank you, thank you very much.

1 out of 21 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-15-2012, 10:00 AM   #6
Pro-Bowler

Trav4011 is a jewel in the rough
Trav4011 is a jewel in the roughTrav4011 is a jewel in the roughTrav4011 is a jewel in the roughTrav4011 is a jewel in the roughTrav4011 is a jewel in the roughTrav4011 is a jewel in the roughTrav4011 is a jewel in the rough
Good job? lol.. Not sure what more you're expecting out of a bunch of Saints fans, the night of/day after a loss like this?

Old 01-15-2012, 10:03 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trav4011 View Post
Good job? lol.. Not sure what more you're expecting out of a bunch of Saints fans, the night of/day after a loss like this?
Thank you sir. Great game, great team and here's to a rematch next year!

1 out of 10 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-15-2012, 10:12 AM   #8
Super Forum Fanatic

jbourque is a true Saintjbourque is a true Saint
jbourque is a true Saintjbourque is a true Saintjbourque is a true Saintjbourque is a true Saintjbourque is a true Saintjbourque is a true Saintjbourque is a true Saintjbourque is a true Saintjbourque is a true Saintjbourque is a true Saintjbourque is a true Saintjbourque is a true Saintjbourque is a true Saint
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheridan View Post
Actually no, I came back because no body said I would be here after the game,still no credit? I will take some...not only can the 49ers shut down "great offenses" and record setting qb's , the offense can come back to win playoff games against experienced teams and coaches on winning streaks. Thats all I was looking for...Thank you, thank you very much.
I give you all the credit in the world man, you won, enjoy your victory. It doesn't mean I agree with your over-all assessment. Your flying high right now, a come-back win for the ages. It was a great game, a very hard fought and contested game. While you're basking in the glow of victory, take this into consideration. Did you really "shut down" our great offense? Of course not, we didn't put up 40, but your defense played lights out, it was impressive. I don't think we were out-coached at all. It just came down to your offense and our defense and Vernon Davis beat us...ball game. If your honest with yourself, you were probably unsure Alex Smith could drive you down the field. Maybe you weren't. And as great as the 49ers season was this year, your playoff future was still very unclear with just over a minute to go. I would be cautious to boast when the game went down to the last second. There are still good teams out there for you to play and SF may not be fortunate enough to get 5 turnovers in another game. So, win with grace, win with style. If there are posters that rub you the wrong way, just take the high road and understand they are trying to deal with a season ending loss and your not helping matters.

In short, it wasn't a lopsided victory for San Francisco. It was a closely contested game between two great teams, and you were the better team last night. Now, Ill ask a favor. Go bask in the glow of your victory with your friends, let us deal with our loss.

Have a nice day.

9 out of 9 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-15-2012, 10:14 AM   #9
All-Pro

Kingpin123 is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Kingpin123 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerKingpin123 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerKingpin123 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerKingpin123 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerKingpin123 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerKingpin123 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerKingpin123 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerKingpin123 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerKingpin123 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerKingpin123 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerKingpin123 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerKingpin123 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerKingpin123 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerKingpin123 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerKingpin123 is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Great win for the 9ers, no doubt, but it's a bit sophomoric to act like you "destroyed" us. You were a minute and 38 seconds away from losing in your own house despite the fact that your d produced 5 turnovers. If anything you guys should be giving a game ball to our defensive coordinator for making the unexplainable call to go into a blitz with man coverage that late in the game. Pop Warner coaches wouldnt do that. Not once, but twice our defense made a mediocre quarterback, at best, in Alex smith look like a perennial pro bowler.

When we play typical Saints football, we win that game 4 out of 5 times.

Not to take anything away from the 49ers, you guys played lights out, just don't act like you blew us out. That's weak sauce.
Brees 1:10 : And he said to them "Follow me, and I will lead you to the championship," and then he rained down touchdown passes from the sky as he parted cornerbacks from receivers leading them through Miami and he gave them the grail called the Lombardi.
Kingpin123 is offline Reply With Quote

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-15-2012, 10:23 AM   #10
Angler of the Year

FLIPPY Prestigious Gold Club MemberFLIPPY Prestigious Gold Club MemberFLIPPY Prestigious Gold Club MemberFLIPPY Prestigious Gold Club MemberFLIPPY Prestigious Gold Club MemberFLIPPY Prestigious Gold Club Member
FLIPPY Prestigious Gold Club MemberFLIPPY Prestigious Gold Club MemberFLIPPY Prestigious Gold Club MemberFLIPPY Prestigious Gold Club MemberFLIPPY Prestigious Gold Club MemberFLIPPY Prestigious Gold Club MemberFLIPPY Prestigious Gold Club MemberFLIPPY Prestigious Gold Club MemberFLIPPY Prestigious Gold Club MemberFLIPPY Prestigious Gold Club MemberFLIPPY Prestigious Gold Club MemberFLIPPY Prestigious Gold Club Member
Destroy:
to reduce (an object) to useless fragments, a useless form, or remains, as by rending, burning, or dissolving; injure beyond repair or renewal; demolish; ruin; annihilate.

There ya go my man, just in case you didn't know the meaning of destroy.....

Hey, we spotted y'all 17 and still came back to lead with 1:37 left in the game....

Congrats...Try not to be an *******...

5 out of 5 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-15-2012, 10:37 AM   #11
Veteran

saintsfan1 is on a distinguished roadsaintsfan1 is on a distinguished roadsaintsfan1 is on a distinguished roadsaintsfan1 is on a distinguished roadsaintsfan1 is on a distinguished roadsaintsfan1 is on a distinguished road
Congratulations Mr. Davis. You really torched the Saints today and you had a hell of a game. I knew when you were drafted high and breaking all those tackles, you would live up to your hype. Oh wait, you're not Vernon Davis or anybody else on the 49ers are you? You're just some dipstick fan trying to troll.
I have no malice towards the 49ers or their fans. I have nothing but respect for Jim Harbaugh and that coaching staff. Sheridan, you can go die in a ditch somewhere.
saintsfan1 is offline Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-15-2012, 10:38 AM   #12
Hey! Where's Perry?

gboudx has disabled reputation

Awards Showcase
Outstanding Community Service Award 
Total Awards: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheridan View Post
Actually no, I came back because no body said I would be here after the game,still no credit?
Ok you have your credit. Now go. Bye now. So long. See ya. Adios. Aloha. G-t-f-o.
gboudx is offline Reply With Quote

Old 01-15-2012, 10:43 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsfan1 View Post
Congratulations Mr. Davis. You really torched the Saints today and you had a hell of a game. I knew when you were drafted high and breaking all those tackles, you would live up to your hype. Oh wait, you're not Vernon Davis or anybody else on the 49ers are you? You're just some dipstick fan trying to troll.
I have no malice towards the 49ers or their fans. I have nothing but respect for Jim Harbaugh and that coaching staff. Sheridan, you can go die in a ditch somewhere.
LOL, ok. Is it cool if I watch the NFC Championship first?

0 out of 6 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-15-2012, 10:56 AM   #14
Veteran

ivo610 is on a distinguished roadivo610 is on a distinguished roadivo610 is on a distinguished roadivo610 is on a distinguished roadivo610 is on a distinguished roadivo610 is on a distinguished roadivo610 is on a distinguished road
alot of people on this forum seemed more looking towards GB/NY next week than SF. I dont blame a 9ers fan for feeling spited. I dont think many fan bases took them as a serious contender more as a product of the division and a couple of lucky games.
ivo610 is offline Reply With Quote