Saintsreport.com Forums
home Steve Gleasons Website
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Do you want to remove the ads? Support the site by becoming a subscribing member.

Old 10-15-2017, 10:24 PM   #1
formerly SeLuSaint

OutlawSaint Prestigious Gold Club MemberOutlawSaint Prestigious Gold Club MemberOutlawSaint Prestigious Gold Club Member
OutlawSaint Prestigious Gold Club MemberOutlawSaint Prestigious Gold Club MemberOutlawSaint Prestigious Gold Club MemberOutlawSaint Prestigious Gold Club MemberOutlawSaint Prestigious Gold Club MemberOutlawSaint Prestigious Gold Club MemberOutlawSaint Prestigious Gold Club MemberOutlawSaint Prestigious Gold Club MemberOutlawSaint Prestigious Gold Club MemberOutlawSaint Prestigious Gold Club MemberOutlawSaint Prestigious Gold Club Member
I'm mad at those Saints fans who booed during moment of silence!

Fans boo kneeling New Orleans Saints players during tribute to fallen NOPD officer | NOLA.com

I'm disappointed in the Who Dat Nation today. For some reason maybe a quarter of the Dome or so felt the need to boo the 8 or so players kneeling BEFORE the Anthem and it just so happened to be when we were doing a tribute to a fallen police officer. So in other works it seemed like the Dome was booing a dead officer. I'm sorry that some fans acted like idiots. Also no I don't think it's being disrespectful to kneel during a tribute to a fallen one. I also don't think the players even knew about it so there was no intent towards the tribute. They were doing their thing that they've been doing the last two weeks before the Anthem. But I was ****** off at a lot of Saints fans. MOST OF THE DOME WAS SITTING, GETTING/EATING FOOD, or GOING TO BATHROOM just before the Anthem started so I guess boo us too then for those who wanted to boo during a tribute.

Quote:
Fans booed New Orleans Saints players who knelt before the presentation of the American flag and the singing of the national anthem Sunday at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome.
The boos rang down during a moment of silence for fallen NOPD officer Marcus McNeil, who was killed in the line of duty Friday.

12 out of 32 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-15-2017, 10:29 PM   #2
formerly SeLuSaint

OutlawSaint Prestigious Gold Club MemberOutlawSaint Prestigious Gold Club MemberOutlawSaint Prestigious Gold Club Member
OutlawSaint Prestigious Gold Club MemberOutlawSaint Prestigious Gold Club MemberOutlawSaint Prestigious Gold Club MemberOutlawSaint Prestigious Gold Club MemberOutlawSaint Prestigious Gold Club MemberOutlawSaint Prestigious Gold Club MemberOutlawSaint Prestigious Gold Club MemberOutlawSaint Prestigious Gold Club MemberOutlawSaint Prestigious Gold Club MemberOutlawSaint Prestigious Gold Club MemberOutlawSaint Prestigious Gold Club Member
Yea bring on the red thumbs. Saints fans booed during the tribute of a dead officer.

4 out of 14 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-15-2017, 10:32 PM   #3
hoodat

neworleanshoo is an Sr.com Hall of Famerneworleanshoo is an Sr.com Hall of Famerneworleanshoo is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
neworleanshoo is an Sr.com Hall of Famerneworleanshoo is an Sr.com Hall of Famerneworleanshoo is an Sr.com Hall of Famerneworleanshoo is an Sr.com Hall of Famerneworleanshoo is an Sr.com Hall of Famerneworleanshoo is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
It wasn't a quarter of the dome - not even close - but yeah I was disappointed too. but they have the right to boo just as much as the players (should) have the right to kneel. i wouldn't try to rob either side of that right.
neworleanshoo is offline Reply With Quote

3 out of 5 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-15-2017, 10:33 PM   #4
I hate refs

rlmarine is a true Saintrlmarine is a true Saintrlmarine is a true Saint
rlmarine is a true Saintrlmarine is a true Saintrlmarine is a true Saintrlmarine is a true Saintrlmarine is a true Saintrlmarine is a true Saintrlmarine is a true Saintrlmarine is a true Saintrlmarine is a true Saintrlmarine is a true Saintrlmarine is a true Saintrlmarine is a true Saintrlmarine is a true Saint
I can only speak for the person on my row that booed and admitted why after. He didn't know they were doing a police tribute, he thought they were about to kneel for the anthem. My guess is many others thought the same.
rlmarine is offline Reply With Quote

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-15-2017, 10:33 PM   #5
NO State of Mind

not2rich Prestigious Platinum Club Membernot2rich Prestigious Platinum Club Membernot2rich Prestigious Platinum Club Membernot2rich Prestigious Platinum Club Membernot2rich Prestigious Platinum Club Membernot2rich Prestigious Platinum Club Membernot2rich Prestigious Platinum Club Membernot2rich Prestigious Platinum Club Member
not2rich Prestigious Platinum Club Membernot2rich Prestigious Platinum Club Membernot2rich Prestigious Platinum Club Membernot2rich Prestigious Platinum Club Membernot2rich Prestigious Platinum Club Membernot2rich Prestigious Platinum Club Membernot2rich Prestigious Platinum Club Member
Not what I took from your post, but I guess you're getting red thumbed because you don't love your country enough.
not2rich is offline Reply With Quote

1 out of 10 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-15-2017, 10:36 PM   #6
formerly SeLuSaint

All of our players stood for the anthem so those who booed look like idiots now.

5 out of 12 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-15-2017, 10:38 PM   #7
Pro-Bowler

WallyBB is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
WallyBB is a future SR.com Hall of FamerWallyBB is a future SR.com Hall of FamerWallyBB is a future SR.com Hall of FamerWallyBB is a future SR.com Hall of FamerWallyBB is a future SR.com Hall of FamerWallyBB is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
I am 100% with you. What is wrong with kneeling BEFORE the Anthem?

All you are doing is admitting you are not upset about the disrespect for the flag, but the act of kneeling in and of itself. It is additionally disconcerting that the act is happening in a moment honoring a fallen hero.
WallyBB is online now Reply With Quote

3 out of 7 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-15-2017, 10:49 PM   #8
Hall-of-Famer

football is a true Saintfootball is a true Saintfootball is a true Saint
football is a true Saintfootball is a true Saintfootball is a true Saintfootball is a true Saintfootball is a true Saintfootball is a true Saintfootball is a true Saintfootball is a true Saintfootball is a true Saintfootball is a true Saintfootball is a true Saint
I agree. I am 100% for standing during the anthem but I have no problem with players kneeling before it. I don't know why anyone would either. To me I think it is a fair compromise.
football is offline Reply With Quote

0 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-15-2017, 10:51 PM   #9
Full Time Fan

saintfan1972 has a spectacular aura aboutsaintfan1972 has a spectacular aura aboutsaintfan1972 has a spectacular aura aboutsaintfan1972 has a spectacular aura aboutsaintfan1972 has a spectacular aura aboutsaintfan1972 has a spectacular aura aboutsaintfan1972 has a spectacular aura aboutsaintfan1972 has a spectacular aura aboutsaintfan1972 has a spectacular aura aboutsaintfan1972 has a spectacular aura aboutsaintfan1972 has a spectacular aura aboutsaintfan1972 has a spectacular aura aboutsaintfan1972 has a spectacular aura about
Well I never heard from where I was standing they were doing the moment of silence. I didn't know til I read this. But if the players kneel because of police brutality then kneel during his moment of silence then they disrespected him too.
saintfan1972 is offline Reply With Quote

2 out of 4 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-15-2017, 10:52 PM   #10
Veteran Starter

bearkatsaint is a BEAST!bearkatsaint is a BEAST!bearkatsaint is a BEAST!bearkatsaint is a BEAST!bearkatsaint is a BEAST!bearkatsaint is a BEAST!bearkatsaint is a BEAST!bearkatsaint is a BEAST!bearkatsaint is a BEAST!bearkatsaint is a BEAST!bearkatsaint is a BEAST!
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutlawSaint View Post
Fans boo kneeling New Orleans Saints players during tribute to fallen NOPD officer | NOLA.com

I'm disappointed in the Who Dat Nation today. For some reason maybe a quarter of the Dome or so felt the need to boo the 8 or so players kneeling BEFORE the Anthem and it just so happened to be when we were doing a tribute to a fallen police officer. So in other works it seemed like the Dome was booing a dead officer. I'm sorry that some fans acted like idiots. Also no I don't think it's being disrespectful to kneel during a tribute to a fallen one. I also don't think the players even knew about it so there was no intent towards the tribute. They were doing their thing that they've been doing the last two weeks before the Anthem. But I was ****** off at a lot of Saints fans. MOST OF THE DOME WAS SITTING, GETTING/EATING FOOD, or GOING TO BATHROOM just before the Anthem started so I guess boo us too then for those who wanted to boo during a tribute.
nobody cares.
bearkatsaint is offline Reply With Quote

0 out of 5 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-15-2017, 10:53 PM   #11
Hall-of-Famer

Mardiboys is a future SR.com Hall of FamerMardiboys is a future SR.com Hall of FamerMardiboys is a future SR.com Hall of FamerMardiboys is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Mardiboys is a future SR.com Hall of FamerMardiboys is a future SR.com Hall of FamerMardiboys is a future SR.com Hall of FamerMardiboys is a future SR.com Hall of FamerMardiboys is a future SR.com Hall of FamerMardiboys is a future SR.com Hall of FamerMardiboys is a future SR.com Hall of FamerMardiboys is a future SR.com Hall of FamerMardiboys is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Fans were reacting to kneeling players, and didn't hear the call for a moment of silence. If the players are going to continue to draw boos, maybe the dome should plan moments of silence during a time when the players aren't protesting. It was an unfortunate situation, and I blame the players for protesting right before the tribute.

2 out of 5 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-15-2017, 10:53 PM   #12
Super Forum Fanatic

stevend Prestigious Gold Club Memberstevend Prestigious Gold Club Memberstevend Prestigious Gold Club Member
stevend Prestigious Gold Club Memberstevend Prestigious Gold Club Memberstevend Prestigious Gold Club Memberstevend Prestigious Gold Club Memberstevend Prestigious Gold Club Memberstevend Prestigious Gold Club Memberstevend Prestigious Gold Club Memberstevend Prestigious Gold Club Memberstevend Prestigious Gold Club Memberstevend Prestigious Gold Club Memberstevend Prestigious Gold Club Memberstevend Prestigious Gold Club Memberstevend Prestigious Gold Club Member
The whole kneeling / standing crap has to go.

I used to listen to Sirius/XM NFL Radio all day long at work. Now I can't, it starts too many political discussion with customers. I'm back to listening to music.

As for what happened today, I have no idea. But Nola.com said players knelt during the presentation of the flag and the singing of the National Anthem.

So if the paid journalist don't know, do you expect half the fans to get it right?

Quote:
Fans booed New Orleans Saints players who knelt before the presentation of the American flag and the singing of the national anthem Sunday at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome.
stevend is offline Reply With Quote

1 out of 4 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-15-2017, 10:55 PM   #13
All-Pro

LAhotsauce is a true SaintLAhotsauce is a true SaintLAhotsauce is a true SaintLAhotsauce is a true SaintLAhotsauce is a true SaintLAhotsauce is a true Saint
LAhotsauce is a true SaintLAhotsauce is a true SaintLAhotsauce is a true SaintLAhotsauce is a true SaintLAhotsauce is a true SaintLAhotsauce is a true SaintLAhotsauce is a true SaintLAhotsauce is a true SaintLAhotsauce is a true SaintLAhotsauce is a true SaintLAhotsauce is a true SaintLAhotsauce is a true SaintLAhotsauce is a true SaintLAhotsauce is a true Saint
Quote:
Originally Posted by saintfan1972 View Post
Well I never heard from where I was standing they were doing the moment of silence. I didn't know til I read this. But if the players kneel because of police brutality then kneel during his moment of silence then they disrespected him too.
Too? Where do people find this amount of sheer stupidity regarding it all?
LAhotsauce is offline Reply With Quote

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-15-2017, 10:57 PM   #14
More than 15K posts served!

El Caliente Prestigious Platinum Club MemberEl Caliente Prestigious Platinum Club MemberEl Caliente Prestigious Platinum Club MemberEl Caliente Prestigious Platinum Club MemberEl Caliente Prestigious Platinum Club MemberEl Caliente Prestigious Platinum Club MemberEl Caliente Prestigious Platinum Club MemberEl Caliente Prestigious Platinum Club MemberEl Caliente Prestigious Platinum Club MemberEl Caliente Prestigious Platinum Club Member
El Caliente Prestigious Platinum Club MemberEl Caliente Prestigious Platinum Club MemberEl Caliente Prestigious Platinum Club MemberEl Caliente Prestigious Platinum Club MemberEl Caliente Prestigious Platinum Club MemberEl Caliente Prestigious Platinum Club MemberEl Caliente Prestigious Platinum Club MemberEl Caliente Prestigious Platinum Club MemberEl Caliente Prestigious Platinum Club MemberEl Caliente Prestigious Platinum Club MemberEl Caliente Prestigious Platinum Club MemberEl Caliente Prestigious Platinum Club Member
For those who booed the players, it wasn't never about the anthem, the flag, the police, or soldiers.

2 out of 5 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-15-2017, 10:57 PM   #15
Krewe of TinyChat

GeauxSainz is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
GeauxSainz is a future SR.com Hall of FamerGeauxSainz is a future SR.com Hall of FamerGeauxSainz is a future SR.com Hall of FamerGeauxSainz is a future SR.com Hall of FamerGeauxSainz is a future SR.com Hall of FamerGeauxSainz is a future SR.com Hall of FamerGeauxSainz is a future SR.com Hall of FamerGeauxSainz is a future SR.com Hall of FamerGeauxSainz is a future SR.com Hall of FamerGeauxSainz is a future SR.com Hall of FamerGeauxSainz is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Can we get past this BS already? Jeez.

Since the world ended. (silly Mayans)
GeauxSainz is offline Reply With Quote