Saintsreport.com Forums
home Steve Gleasons Website
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Do you want to remove the ads? Support the site by becoming a subscribing member.

Old 08-13-2017, 01:09 AM   #1
More than 15K posts served!

El Caliente Prestigious Platinum Club MemberEl Caliente Prestigious Platinum Club MemberEl Caliente Prestigious Platinum Club MemberEl Caliente Prestigious Platinum Club Member
El Caliente Prestigious Platinum Club MemberEl Caliente Prestigious Platinum Club MemberEl Caliente Prestigious Platinum Club MemberEl Caliente Prestigious Platinum Club MemberEl Caliente Prestigious Platinum Club MemberEl Caliente Prestigious Platinum Club MemberEl Caliente Prestigious Platinum Club MemberEl Caliente Prestigious Platinum Club MemberEl Caliente Prestigious Platinum Club MemberEl Caliente Prestigious Platinum Club MemberEl Caliente Prestigious Platinum Club MemberEl Caliente Prestigious Platinum Club Member
N/S Marshawn Lynch Sits for the Anthem

Well, if you thought that Colin Kaepernick not having a job (because of his actions) would stop people from not standing for the National Anthem you have another thing coming.

New Raiders RB Marshawn Lynch had other things on his mind during the Anthem.

Quote:
It is unclear at this point whether Lynch was protesting or if he was protesting, why.

Last season, as then-San Francisco quarterback Colin Kaepernick kneeled during the anthem to protest injustice against people of color, Lynch was retired.

But last September, he appeared on the Conan O’Brien show and gave his support to Kaepernick’s protest.

“With what’s going on, I’d rather see him take a knee than stand up, put his hands up and get murdered,” Lynch said.

He added that he hoped people would focus more on Kaepernick’s cause – standing up against police brutality and working for racial equality – instead of his method of protest.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.yah...045425043.html

Interesting to see what happened this season amidst what is happening in Virginia, and how Kap has been handled.

5 out of 17 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-13-2017, 01:12 AM   #2
Pro-Bowler

strandedsaint has disabled reputation
Disappointing
strandedsaint is offline Reply With Quote

23 out of 57 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-13-2017, 02:13 AM   #3
Super Forum Fanatic

Saints 318 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSaints 318 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSaints 318 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSaints 318 is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Saints 318 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSaints 318 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSaints 318 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSaints 318 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSaints 318 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSaints 318 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSaints 318 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSaints 318 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSaints 318 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSaints 318 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSaints 318 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSaints 318 is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Media is making it a bigger issue then what it is. They like drama.

19 out of 22 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-13-2017, 02:18 AM   #4
Veteran Starter

notsaintkyle is a splendid one to beholdnotsaintkyle is a splendid one to beholdnotsaintkyle is a splendid one to behold
notsaintkyle is a splendid one to beholdnotsaintkyle is a splendid one to beholdnotsaintkyle is a splendid one to beholdnotsaintkyle is a splendid one to beholdnotsaintkyle is a splendid one to beholdnotsaintkyle is a splendid one to beholdnotsaintkyle is a splendid one to beholdnotsaintkyle is a splendid one to beholdnotsaintkyle is a splendid one to beholdnotsaintkyle is a splendid one to beholdnotsaintkyle is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by strandedsaint View Post
Disappointing
What is disappointing? Players being actual individuals and using their status as celebrities to stand up for something they believe in and refusing to be put in the box where the owners want them?
notsaintkyle is offline Reply With Quote

38 out of 80 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-13-2017, 02:25 AM   #5
All-Pro

Hotdog_Skin is an Sr.com Hall of FamerHotdog_Skin is an Sr.com Hall of FamerHotdog_Skin is an Sr.com Hall of FamerHotdog_Skin is an Sr.com Hall of FamerHotdog_Skin is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Hotdog_Skin is an Sr.com Hall of FamerHotdog_Skin is an Sr.com Hall of FamerHotdog_Skin is an Sr.com Hall of FamerHotdog_Skin is an Sr.com Hall of FamerHotdog_Skin is an Sr.com Hall of FamerHotdog_Skin is an Sr.com Hall of FamerHotdog_Skin is an Sr.com Hall of FamerHotdog_Skin is an Sr.com Hall of FamerHotdog_Skin is an Sr.com Hall of FamerHotdog_Skin is an Sr.com Hall of FamerHotdog_Skin is an Sr.com Hall of FamerHotdog_Skin is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Lol, what are you doing posting this in the SSF?

I think this is an important conversation, but there's specific sections of this site for these discussions.

11 out of 21 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-13-2017, 02:29 AM   #6
ok

2to87alltheway is a jewel in the rough
2to87alltheway is a jewel in the rough2to87alltheway is a jewel in the rough2to87alltheway is a jewel in the rough2to87alltheway is a jewel in the rough2to87alltheway is a jewel in the rough2to87alltheway is a jewel in the rough2to87alltheway is a jewel in the rough2to87alltheway is a jewel in the rough2to87alltheway is a jewel in the rough2to87alltheway is a jewel in the rough
I think he said in an interview that he's been sitting during it his whole career.

15 out of 16 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-13-2017, 02:53 AM   #7
Jack Bauer > Chuck Norris

Allen Poe has a spectacular aura aboutAllen Poe has a spectacular aura aboutAllen Poe has a spectacular aura aboutAllen Poe has a spectacular aura aboutAllen Poe has a spectacular aura aboutAllen Poe has a spectacular aura aboutAllen Poe has a spectacular aura aboutAllen Poe has a spectacular aura aboutAllen Poe has a spectacular aura aboutAllen Poe has a spectacular aura aboutAllen Poe has a spectacular aura aboutAllen Poe has a spectacular aura aboutAllen Poe has a spectacular aura about
salute to Lynch

17 out of 72 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-13-2017, 02:59 AM   #8
Hall-of-Famer

Saint Ace 40K Burger ClubSaint Ace 40K Burger ClubSaint Ace 40K Burger ClubSaint Ace 40K Burger Club
Saint Ace 40K Burger ClubSaint Ace 40K Burger ClubSaint Ace 40K Burger ClubSaint Ace 40K Burger ClubSaint Ace 40K Burger ClubSaint Ace 40K Burger ClubSaint Ace 40K Burger ClubSaint Ace 40K Burger ClubSaint Ace 40K Burger ClubSaint Ace 40K Burger ClubSaint Ace 40K Burger ClubSaint Ace 40K Burger ClubSaint Ace 40K Burger ClubSaint Ace 40K Burger Club
Will never understand why anyone would think that is the best way to protest...

Saint Ace is offline Reply With Quote

22 out of 42 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-13-2017, 03:09 AM   #9
More than 15K posts served!

bclemms Prestigious Platinum Club Memberbclemms Prestigious Platinum Club Memberbclemms Prestigious Platinum Club Memberbclemms Prestigious Platinum Club Memberbclemms Prestigious Platinum Club Memberbclemms Prestigious Platinum Club Memberbclemms Prestigious Platinum Club Memberbclemms Prestigious Platinum Club Memberbclemms Prestigious Platinum Club Memberbclemms Prestigious Platinum Club Memberbclemms Prestigious Platinum Club Member
bclemms Prestigious Platinum Club Memberbclemms Prestigious Platinum Club Memberbclemms Prestigious Platinum Club Memberbclemms Prestigious Platinum Club Memberbclemms Prestigious Platinum Club Memberbclemms Prestigious Platinum Club Memberbclemms Prestigious Platinum Club Memberbclemms Prestigious Platinum Club Memberbclemms Prestigious Platinum Club Memberbclemms Prestigious Platinum Club Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint Ace View Post
Will never understand why anyone would think that is the best way to protest...
Well, you are discussing it aren't you?

I'm not for it. I'd also never burn an American flag but I can also see the beauty in it. Do something like that in some countries and you are shot on site. I'm very much for the 2nd amendment right to bear arms. If I wasn't for the 1st amendment rights I'd be a giant hypocrite wouldn't I?

Now, if the Raiders cut him tomorrow then that's fine with me too and it's their right.

Funny how all that works.
bclemms is offline Reply With Quote

26 out of 29 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-13-2017, 03:21 AM   #10
ALL-MADDEN TEAM

Quiet Storm is a future SR.com Hall of FamerQuiet Storm is a future SR.com Hall of FamerQuiet Storm is a future SR.com Hall of FamerQuiet Storm is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Quiet Storm is a future SR.com Hall of FamerQuiet Storm is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Must be a Bay area thing..
Quiet Storm is offline Reply With Quote

6 out of 19 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-13-2017, 03:33 AM   #11
Penny says "molecules"

richdog3 is a BEAST!richdog3 is a BEAST!richdog3 is a BEAST!richdog3 is a BEAST!richdog3 is a BEAST!richdog3 is a BEAST!richdog3 is a BEAST!richdog3 is a BEAST!richdog3 is a BEAST!richdog3 is a BEAST!richdog3 is a BEAST!richdog3 is a BEAST!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2to87alltheway View Post
I think he said in an interview that he's been sitting during it his whole career.
He's lazy
richdog3 is offline Reply With Quote

4 out of 8 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-13-2017, 03:38 AM   #12
Hall-of-Famer

Saint Ace 40K Burger ClubSaint Ace 40K Burger ClubSaint Ace 40K Burger ClubSaint Ace 40K Burger Club
Saint Ace 40K Burger ClubSaint Ace 40K Burger ClubSaint Ace 40K Burger ClubSaint Ace 40K Burger ClubSaint Ace 40K Burger ClubSaint Ace 40K Burger ClubSaint Ace 40K Burger ClubSaint Ace 40K Burger ClubSaint Ace 40K Burger ClubSaint Ace 40K Burger ClubSaint Ace 40K Burger ClubSaint Ace 40K Burger ClubSaint Ace 40K Burger ClubSaint Ace 40K Burger Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemms View Post
Well, you are discussing it aren't you?

I'm not for it. I'd also never burn an American flag but I can also see the beauty in it. Do something like that in some countries and you are shot on site. I'm very much for the 2nd amendment right to bear arms. If I wasn't for the 1st amendment rights I'd be a giant hypocrite wouldn't I?

Now, if the Raiders cut him tomorrow then that's fine with me too and it's their right.

Funny how all that works.
I just think there are better ways to get people to discuss it. Especially if you are going to complain when teams don't want you. Like you said, they have their rights too. Just my opinion though.

Saint Ace is offline Reply With Quote

10 out of 18 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-13-2017, 04:29 AM   #13
ALL-MADDEN TEAM

tjharris has disabled reputation
He just came out of retirement. The man's old. He's got old bones and joints. Old people need their rest.

In all seriousness, I think beast mode has always sat, we're just hypersensitive to it now.
tjharris is offline Reply With Quote

8 out of 9 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-13-2017, 05:41 AM   #14
Thanks MJ!

Flipx99 Prestigious Gold Club MemberFlipx99 Prestigious Gold Club Member
Flipx99 Prestigious Gold Club MemberFlipx99 Prestigious Gold Club MemberFlipx99 Prestigious Gold Club Member
I disagree with the idea that any publicity is good publicity, or that publicity necessarily promotes your cause. How you send your message is important.

Nor do I see this as a First Amendment issue, which protects against government intrusion on free speech. It is a political/economic issue for the league and the owners. They would obviously prefer that their employees not alienate their customers on the owners' dime, but they make the political/economic decision not to overtly prohibit these demonstrations, lest they create a greater problem.

Having said that, I don't know why Lynch has always done this, but the Raiders had to know this came with the package when they hired him.
Flipx99 is offline Reply With Quote

6 out of 7 members found this post helpful.