Saintsreport.com Forums
home Steve Gleasons Website
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Do you want to remove the ads? Support the site by becoming a subscribing member.

Old 12-20-2011, 05:34 PM   #136
Super Forum Fanatic

boutte 50K Burger Clubboutte 50K Burger Clubboutte 50K Burger Clubboutte 50K Burger Clubboutte 50K Burger Clubboutte 50K Burger Club
boutte 50K Burger Clubboutte 50K Burger Clubboutte 50K Burger Clubboutte 50K Burger Clubboutte 50K Burger Clubboutte 50K Burger Clubboutte 50K Burger Clubboutte 50K Burger Clubboutte 50K Burger Clubboutte 50K Burger Club
What does anyone care what other people want to talk about? Does anyone really feel like they have the right to tell some one else what they can discuss.

Reggie has a lot of fans here and they apparently still want to talk about him. Nobody is forced to read these threads and anyone who enters a thread for purpose of insulting the people who choose to participate is being a **** head.

Old 12-20-2011, 05:34 PM   #137
Hispanic causing panic

Suavecito8 is a true SaintSuavecito8 is a true SaintSuavecito8 is a true SaintSuavecito8 is a true SaintSuavecito8 is a true SaintSuavecito8 is a true Saint
Suavecito8 is a true SaintSuavecito8 is a true SaintSuavecito8 is a true SaintSuavecito8 is a true SaintSuavecito8 is a true SaintSuavecito8 is a true SaintSuavecito8 is a true SaintSuavecito8 is a true SaintSuavecito8 is a true SaintSuavecito8 is a true SaintSuavecito8 is a true SaintSuavecito8 is a true SaintSuavecito8 is a true Saint
Quote:
Originally Posted by taydigga View Post
I think a lot of the hate has LITTLE to do with football. The little to do with it is probably the hatred of him being from SC. The rest is probably due to him being with Kim Kardashian, the love he got from the media and he's a good looking dude (no ****) so people look for anything to hate him.
That is a pretty stupid reasoning not to like him. Especially outside of the football element of it. I am happy with Sproles (very happy) but I would not be mad if reggie was still here. Like I said I am glad to see him succeed.

Old 12-20-2011, 05:39 PM   #138

taydigga is on a distinguished roadtaydigga is on a distinguished roadtaydigga is on a distinguished roadtaydigga is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suavecito8 View Post
That is a pretty stupid reasoning not to like him. Especially outside of the football element of it. I am happy with Sproles (very happy) but I would not be mad if reggie was still here. Like I said I am glad to see him succeed.
I totally agree with you but I know people like this. They just don't like him and have no real reason so they pounce on his every move on the field. I heard one guy on another form reference to how Reggie dresses and how he wears diamond earrings. I was like dude, you just hate him to hate him and that comment proved it.
taydigga is offline Reply With Quote

Old 12-20-2011, 05:43 PM   #139
Very Banned

The Dude is a BEAST!The Dude is a BEAST!The Dude is a BEAST!The Dude is a BEAST!The Dude is a BEAST!The Dude is a BEAST!The Dude is a BEAST!The Dude is a BEAST!The Dude is a BEAST!The Dude is a BEAST!The Dude is a BEAST!
Quote:
Originally Posted by draftfreak View Post
On top of the Packers losing, our former beloved back gets over 200 yards rushing - hopefully helping us in WHATEVER IT IS that we get in the trade.

Way to go Reggie. This puts him just under 1,000 yards for the season with 2 games left.
This may be a stooped question but why do they withhold what we might get for Reggie. Obviously they know and have something worked out, but why undisclose it?
The Dude is offline Reply With Quote

Old 12-20-2011, 05:45 PM   #140

taydigga is on a distinguished roadtaydigga is on a distinguished roadtaydigga is on a distinguished roadtaydigga is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldRush26 View Post
All we can say for sure is that Reggie is excelling in this role and PT/Sproles are excelling in theirs. There doesn't have to be any so-and-so's better than whoever. You can minimize what he's doing now and say that PT/Sproles are better, but they'll never get the opportunity to rush for 1,000 yards in a season or have a 200 yard game. Could they do it? Maybe, but like someone else said, we'll never know. If they're ok with that, then good for them. I'm positive Coach Payton is ok with it. Reggie wanted to prove to himself that he could do it, and there's nothing wrong with that. He was tired of the "bust" label, being called a satellite player, a gadget player, a 3rd down back. Now a lot of those perceptions have been shed.

And people accusing Reggie of not being a team player need to stop. By all accounts Reggie was a great teammate. You can want to acheive personal goals without being considered a bad teammate. And by the way, he's likely earned a new contract. The game isn't 100% about winning, it's also about making as much money as you can, as fast as you can before the game is done with you.
Totally agree with you. A lot of it is if this then this type stuff and whose to say what could happen. What we do know is that he was a team player and he's proving people wrong so...but yeah you got the right head about it.
taydigga is offline Reply With Quote

Old 12-20-2011, 05:51 PM   #141
Very Banned

Mule is a BEAST!Mule is a BEAST!Mule is a BEAST!Mule is a BEAST!Mule is a BEAST!Mule is a BEAST!Mule is a BEAST!Mule is a BEAST!Mule is a BEAST!Mule is a BEAST!Mule is a BEAST!
Quote:
No really, you don't have to say anything at all. You're wrong, just leave it at that. We all knew you didn't like him, but now you can't hide behind the guise of his performance being the reason why.

I'm an LSU and Saints fans. That doesn't mean I can't like any other players that play for other teams. I still follow Ricky Williams, and if there were posts about him I'd comment on them.

And liking said players doesn't make anyone less of a fan of their favorite team. Football isn't life, it's a hobby If the Saints aren't playing I also enjoy watching the Packers, Patriots, and any other team with players I like to see play the game. Lord knows I had to develop some interest in other teams as a defense mechanism for the Saints being eliminated from playoff contention for most of the past 20 years. I don't apologize for being a well rounded sports enthusiast.
I got a Rickey Williams jersey. I still like Rickey. Deuce never had as good of numbers as Rickey! But I can say whatever the hell I want about Reggie. I watched him fumble. I watched him run backwards. I watched him go down like a girl at the slightest contact while getting paid like a star. So if he runs for 10,000 yards NOW, it has no effect on what he did here. So ya'll fanboys can worship his statue. But me, I'm rolling with Payton, Brees, Pierre, Colston, Sproles & the rest of the NEW ORLEANS SAINTS!
Mule is offline Reply With Quote

1 out of 8 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-20-2011, 06:13 PM   #142
Dreamer of Dreams

draftfreak is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdraftfreak is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdraftfreak is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
draftfreak is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdraftfreak is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdraftfreak is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdraftfreak is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdraftfreak is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdraftfreak is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdraftfreak is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdraftfreak is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdraftfreak is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdraftfreak is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdraftfreak is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
This may be a stooped question but why do they withhold what we might get for Reggie. Obviously they know and have something worked out, but why undisclose it?
Good question. Thoughts have varied from 3rd to a 6th round pick - who knows.

GEAUX MISSISSIPPI STATE - Go Dawgs...
draftfreak is offline Reply With Quote

Old 12-20-2011, 06:14 PM   #143

GoldRush26 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGoldRush26 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGoldRush26 is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
GoldRush26 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGoldRush26 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGoldRush26 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGoldRush26 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGoldRush26 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGoldRush26 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGoldRush26 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGoldRush26 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGoldRush26 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGoldRush26 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGoldRush26 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGoldRush26 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGoldRush26 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGoldRush26 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGoldRush26 is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mule View Post
I got a Rickey Williams jersey. I still like Rickey. Deuce never had as good of numbers as Rickey! But I can say whatever the hell I want about Reggie. I watched him fumble. I watched him run backwards. I watched him go down like a girl at the slightest contact while getting paid like a star. So if he runs for 10,000 yards NOW, it has no effect on what he did here. So ya'll fanboys can worship his statue. But me, I'm rolling with Payton, Brees, Pierre, Colston, Sproles & the rest of the NEW ORLEANS SAINTS!
Some players improve themselves. That's what happens when you work hard. You think any Chargers fans are thinking Drew Brees is the same mediocre QB that he was in 2003, when all evidence indicates the contrary?

I'd ask why you want to remember someone as a bad player when they're clearly a good one right now?
GoldRush26 is offline Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-20-2011, 06:20 PM   #144
Every team's Elixor

BoNcHiE Prestigious Platinum Club MemberBoNcHiE Prestigious Platinum Club MemberBoNcHiE Prestigious Platinum Club MemberBoNcHiE Prestigious Platinum Club MemberBoNcHiE Prestigious Platinum Club MemberBoNcHiE Prestigious Platinum Club MemberBoNcHiE Prestigious Platinum Club MemberBoNcHiE Prestigious Platinum Club MemberBoNcHiE Prestigious Platinum Club MemberBoNcHiE Prestigious Platinum Club MemberBoNcHiE Prestigious Platinum Club Member
BoNcHiE Prestigious Platinum Club MemberBoNcHiE Prestigious Platinum Club MemberBoNcHiE Prestigious Platinum Club MemberBoNcHiE Prestigious Platinum Club MemberBoNcHiE Prestigious Platinum Club MemberBoNcHiE Prestigious Platinum Club MemberBoNcHiE Prestigious Platinum Club MemberBoNcHiE Prestigious Platinum Club MemberBoNcHiE Prestigious Platinum Club MemberBoNcHiE Prestigious Platinum Club MemberBoNcHiE Prestigious Platinum Club MemberBoNcHiE Prestigious Platinum Club MemberBoNcHiE Prestigious Platinum Club MemberBoNcHiE Prestigious Platinum Club Member
I'm happy for him and he's playing very consistently this year (save the first few weeks).

But do I groan and wish we still had him when I see that he had 200 yards? No.

He's on a team that's built to run the ball and he's getting the opportunities to take advantage of that.

In the grand scheme of things, we are a better offense doing what we do vs. what we would be giving Reggie more chances if he were still here. Yeah, his personal numbers might of gotten better but we wouldn't be better offensively for it.

So I'm glad we have Sproles, who more consistently fills the role that Reggie never really grasped here and we are a better offensive team with him vs. Reggie.
BoNcHiE is offline Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-20-2011, 09:57 PM   #145
Veteran Starter

Phil has a spectacular aura aboutPhil has a spectacular aura aboutPhil has a spectacular aura aboutPhil has a spectacular aura aboutPhil has a spectacular aura aboutPhil has a spectacular aura aboutPhil has a spectacular aura aboutPhil has a spectacular aura aboutPhil has a spectacular aura aboutPhil has a spectacular aura aboutPhil has a spectacular aura aboutPhil has a spectacular aura aboutPhil has a spectacular aura about
I'm glad for him. I will always wish him the best.
I will always say that there is always the potential of him breaking a long one every-time he touches the ball and that's what makes him so valuable.
But I honestly don't miss him for a second.
It's pretty evident that he wasn't a necessary piece of the equation to winning here.
Phil is offline Reply With Quote

Old 12-20-2011, 11:11 PM   #146
Very Banned

Mule is a BEAST!Mule is a BEAST!Mule is a BEAST!Mule is a BEAST!Mule is a BEAST!Mule is a BEAST!Mule is a BEAST!Mule is a BEAST!Mule is a BEAST!Mule is a BEAST!Mule is a BEAST!
Quote:
Some players improve themselves. That's what happens when you work hard. You think any Chargers fans are thinking Drew Brees is the same mediocre QB that he was in 2003, when all evidence indicates the contrary?

I'd ask why you want to remember someone as a bad player when they're clearly a good one right now?
When was Drew mediocre? Comparing Drew to Reggie is comparing a Mercedes to a Corvair!

Old 12-20-2011, 11:19 PM   #147
Pro-Bowler

mrodge1 is becoming pretty popularmrodge1 is becoming pretty popularmrodge1 is becoming pretty popularmrodge1 is becoming pretty popularmrodge1 is becoming pretty popularmrodge1 is becoming pretty popularmrodge1 is becoming pretty popularmrodge1 is becoming pretty popularmrodge1 is becoming pretty popularmrodge1 is becoming pretty popular
Quote:
When was Drew mediocre? Comparing Drew to Reggie is comparing a Mercedes to a Corvair!
Why do you think the Chargers drafted Phillip Rivers? Drew had a so so year in 2003 and did not look like the answer for San Diego, the Chargers drafted Rivers, then Drew unexpectedly kicks butt in 2004 and has been solid since.
mrodge1 is offline Reply With Quote

Old 12-20-2011, 11:21 PM   #148
Very Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrodge1 View Post
Why do you think the Chargers drafted Phillip Rivers? Drew had a so so year in 2003 and did not look like the answer for San Diego, the Chargers drafted Rivers, then Drew unexpectedly kicks butt in 2004 and has been solid since.
Drew has NEVER been an overpaid under performing player like Reggie. GO SAINTS!

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-20-2011, 11:27 PM   #149
Pro-Bowler

mrodge1 is becoming pretty popularmrodge1 is becoming pretty popularmrodge1 is becoming pretty popularmrodge1 is becoming pretty popularmrodge1 is becoming pretty popularmrodge1 is becoming pretty popularmrodge1 is becoming pretty popularmrodge1 is becoming pretty popularmrodge1 is becoming pretty popularmrodge1 is becoming pretty popular
Quote:
Drew has NEVER been an overpaid under performing player like Reggie. GO SAINTS!
I'm starting to think the Saints asked Bush to do too much. I think his role of being a runner, receiver, and returner made it difficult for him to truly excel at any of those tasks. I know some will say that all teams have players like that, but I don't think too many players had to know as much about those 3 roles to the degree Reggie did. Since he has been in Miami, he has mainly focused on being a running back. He has done a little receiving and very, very few returns.
mrodge1 is offline Reply With Quote

Old 12-20-2011, 11:37 PM   #150
Very Banned

Sproles has 1953 all purpose yards & it does not seem to be a problem for him.

How many yards does Reggie have in his "career" year?

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.