Saintsreport.com Forums
home Steve Gleasons Website
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Old 12-20-2011, 02:15 PM   #127
More than 15K posts served!

CHI-TOWNSAINT is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
CHI-TOWNSAINT is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCHI-TOWNSAINT is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCHI-TOWNSAINT is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCHI-TOWNSAINT is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCHI-TOWNSAINT is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCHI-TOWNSAINT is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCHI-TOWNSAINT is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCHI-TOWNSAINT is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCHI-TOWNSAINT is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCHI-TOWNSAINT is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCHI-TOWNSAINT is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCHI-TOWNSAINT is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCHI-TOWNSAINT is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCHI-TOWNSAINT is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_09 View Post
Welcome to 2005.
Why do you say that...I can't remember.....was that the year the Fed made not clicking on links you don't care for illegal?
CHI-TOWNSAINT is offline Reply With Quote

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-20-2011, 02:23 PM   #128
Mostly Harmless

dave_09 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdave_09 is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
dave_09 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdave_09 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdave_09 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdave_09 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdave_09 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdave_09 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdave_09 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdave_09 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdave_09 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdave_09 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdave_09 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdave_09 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdave_09 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdave_09 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdave_09 is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHI-TOWNSAINT View Post
Why do you say that...I can't remember.....was that the year the Fed made not clicking on links you don't care for illegal?
No, it was Reggie Bush's senior year. The Reggie hype machine has been running for years. I'm just saying that if you're complaining about the attention Reggie gets.. you're a few years too late. I'm not sure why you decided to be an ****** to me, but I clicked on this link because I'm glad Reggie's doing well.
dave_09 is offline Reply With Quote

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-20-2011, 02:27 PM   #129

CHI-TOWNSAINT is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCHI-TOWNSAINT is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCHI-TOWNSAINT is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCHI-TOWNSAINT is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCHI-TOWNSAINT is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCHI-TOWNSAINT is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCHI-TOWNSAINT is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCHI-TOWNSAINT is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCHI-TOWNSAINT is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCHI-TOWNSAINT is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCHI-TOWNSAINT is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCHI-TOWNSAINT is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCHI-TOWNSAINT is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCHI-TOWNSAINT is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_09 View Post
No, it was Reggie Bush's senior year. The Reggie hype machine has been running for years. I'm just saying that if you're complaining about the attention Reggie gets.. you're a few years too late. I'm not sure why you decided to be an ****** to me, but I clicked on this link because I'm glad Reggie's doing well.
I thought(and still think) your post implied this thread, and the attention he's getting now, is unwarranted and overdone.....like 2005.

Maybe consider your original wording if that's not what you meant because that's how it comes across.

Old 12-20-2011, 02:28 PM   #130
Mostly Harmless

dave_09 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdave_09 is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
dave_09 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdave_09 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdave_09 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdave_09 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdave_09 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdave_09 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdave_09 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdave_09 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdave_09 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdave_09 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdave_09 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdave_09 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdave_09 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdave_09 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdave_09 is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
I thought(and still think) your post implied this thread, and the attention he's getting now, is unwarranted and overdone.....like 2005.

Maybe consider your original wording if that's not what you meant because that's how it comes across.
It is a bit unwarranted and overdone, but that doesn't mean I didn't like the guy. Reggie's always brought a lot of hype with him, but it's not his fault.
dave_09 is offline Reply With Quote

Old 12-20-2011, 03:54 PM   #131
SR is my life!

mister pc is a true Saintmister pc is a true Saintmister pc is a true Saintmister pc is a true Saint
mister pc is a true Saintmister pc is a true Saintmister pc is a true Saintmister pc is a true Saintmister pc is a true Saintmister pc is a true Saintmister pc is a true Saintmister pc is a true Saint
Quote:
With the hopes of getting this thread back on track....

We all figured out pretty quickly that Reggie had to go through a learning curve on how to run successfully in the NFL. He always just outquicked his opponent. When he came onto the NFL scene, it was obvious that wouldn't work. The last three seasons he's produced the following ypc averages.

2009: 5.6 ypc
2010: 4.2 ypc
2011: 5.0 ypc

The guy has gotten "it", and anyone that has paid attention and been open to seeing the change in his running could foresee him having great success running the ball if given the chance by a coaching staff and his health. He's been afforded both this year and is having a very good season on a team where the opponent doesn't have many threats to worry about. I find what he's doing this year ridiculously impressive.
PT has reliably put up those kinds of numbers every season except for the one where he was injured. And he doesnt make a fuss about his carries because he is a team player and cares more about team success than his own numbers. Case and point, PT was ripping it up last game every time he touched the ball, only got 8 carries but he scored the TD and it was his own birthday, and what did he do to celebrate? handed the ball to an offensive lineman so that the big fella could spike it.

Sproles puts up those kinds of numbers too. If what Reggie is doing is "ridiculously impressive", then what our running backs do should be even more impressive to you. Reggie doesn't suck, and he's improved since coming into the league, but he is not as good as the running backs we have now. That's the bottom line.
mister pc is offline Reply With Quote

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-20-2011, 04:01 PM   #132

Quote:
Originally Posted by mister pc View Post
PT has reliably put up those kinds of numbers every season except for the one where he was injured. And he doesnt make a fuss about his carries because he is a team player and cares more about team success than his own numbers. Case and point, PT was ripping it up last game every time he touched the ball, only got 8 carries but he scored the TD and it was his own birthday, and what did he do to celebrate? handed the ball to an offensive lineman so that the big fella could spike it.

Sproles puts up those kinds of numbers too. If what Reggie is doing is "ridiculously impressive", then what our running backs do should be even more impressive to you. Reggie doesn't suck, and he's improved since coming into the league, but he is not as good as the running backs we have now. That's the bottom line.

This has been discussed. Both PT and Sproles seem to enter a game and have no problem hitting full stride right away. Bush seems to need to find a rythym, something he hasn't been afforded since the 2007 season.

As far as our runningbacks being as "impressive". The Dolphins have Matt Moore, Anthony Fasano and Brandon marshall to take defenders attention away from him. Our backs have Drew Brees, Jimmy Graham, Colston, Meahcem, etc. You think those two rosters are comparable?

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-20-2011, 04:17 PM   #133
Who Dat?!?!

saints4life25 has disabled reputation
Quote:

Reggie also never put up a fuss about his touches. He never made a peep about it. He saw an opportunity to go somewhere and be the main back and earn some respect as a running back and he took it.

The notion now that he's not a team player because he left the Saints to pursue what was beat for HIS career is ludicrous.

He's having a career year and is pretty much the only reason the Dolphins are competetive. He's helping transform one of the worst teams in the league.

As far as our running backa compared to Reggie I'm with CHI-TOWN on that one. Sproles is in the perfect role for him right now. And its just that, a role. He's amazing at what he does but I dont think hed be very successful as an eveey down back. Pierre has been reliable since getting here. He's nothing flashy but his balance and ability to break tackles are above average. How would he do as a lead back? We will never know. Reggie didn't want people to say the same about him.
saints4life25 is offline Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-20-2011, 04:42 PM   #134
Back to the drawing board

GoldRush26 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGoldRush26 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGoldRush26 is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
GoldRush26 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGoldRush26 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGoldRush26 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGoldRush26 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGoldRush26 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGoldRush26 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGoldRush26 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGoldRush26 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGoldRush26 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGoldRush26 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGoldRush26 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGoldRush26 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGoldRush26 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGoldRush26 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGoldRush26 is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Quote:

All we can say for sure is that Reggie is excelling in this role and PT/Sproles are excelling in theirs. There doesn't have to be any so-and-so's better than whoever. You can minimize what he's doing now and say that PT/Sproles are better, but they'll never get the opportunity to rush for 1,000 yards in a season or have a 200 yard game. Could they do it? Maybe, but like someone else said, we'll never know. If they're ok with that, then good for them. I'm positive Coach Payton is ok with it. Reggie wanted to prove to himself that he could do it, and there's nothing wrong with that. He was tired of the "bust" label, being called a satellite player, a gadget player, a 3rd down back. Now a lot of those perceptions have been shed.

And people accusing Reggie of not being a team player need to stop. By all accounts Reggie was a great teammate. You can want to acheive personal goals without being considered a bad teammate. And by the way, he's likely earned a new contract. The game isn't 100% about winning, it's also about making as much money as you can, as fast as you can before the game is done with you.
GoldRush26 is offline Reply With Quote

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-20-2011, 05:29 PM   #135
Veteran

taydigga has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suavecito8 View Post
I agree with this 100%. I just don't see where the hate comes from. I mean he came here to a team and city that was in complete rebuild mode and you never heard him moan or groan about it and he gave 100% everytime he suited up as a Saint. Not to mention he help get the city and team name brand out there. I hope he does well for the rest of his career except against the Saints of course.
I think a lot of the hate has LITTLE to do with football. The little to do with it is probably the hatred of him being from SC. The rest is probably due to him being with Kim Kardashian, the love he got from the media and he's a good looking dude (no ****) so people look for anything to hate him.
taydigga is offline Reply With Quote

Old 12-20-2011, 05:34 PM   #136
Super Forum Fanatic

boutte is a true Saintboutte is a true Saintboutte is a true Saint
boutte is a true Saintboutte is a true Saintboutte is a true Saintboutte is a true Saintboutte is a true Saintboutte is a true Saintboutte is a true Saintboutte is a true Saintboutte is a true Saint
What does anyone care what other people want to talk about? Does anyone really feel like they have the right to tell some one else what they can discuss.

Reggie has a lot of fans here and they apparently still want to talk about him. Nobody is forced to read these threads and anyone who enters a thread for purpose of insulting the people who choose to participate is being a **** head.

Old 12-20-2011, 05:34 PM   #137
Hispanic causing panic

Suavecito8 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerSuavecito8 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerSuavecito8 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerSuavecito8 is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Suavecito8 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerSuavecito8 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerSuavecito8 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerSuavecito8 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerSuavecito8 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerSuavecito8 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerSuavecito8 is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
Originally Posted by taydigga View Post
I think a lot of the hate has LITTLE to do with football. The little to do with it is probably the hatred of him being from SC. The rest is probably due to him being with Kim Kardashian, the love he got from the media and he's a good looking dude (no ****) so people look for anything to hate him.
That is a pretty stupid reasoning not to like him. Especially outside of the football element of it. I am happy with Sproles (very happy) but I would not be mad if reggie was still here. Like I said I am glad to see him succeed.

Old 12-20-2011, 05:39 PM   #138
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suavecito8 View Post
That is a pretty stupid reasoning not to like him. Especially outside of the football element of it. I am happy with Sproles (very happy) but I would not be mad if reggie was still here. Like I said I am glad to see him succeed.
I totally agree with you but I know people like this. They just don't like him and have no real reason so they pounce on his every move on the field. I heard one guy on another form reference to how Reggie dresses and how he wears diamond earrings. I was like dude, you just hate him to hate him and that comment proved it.

Old 12-20-2011, 05:43 PM   #139
Very Banned

The Dude is a BEAST!The Dude is a BEAST!The Dude is a BEAST!The Dude is a BEAST!The Dude is a BEAST!The Dude is a BEAST!The Dude is a BEAST!The Dude is a BEAST!The Dude is a BEAST!The Dude is a BEAST!The Dude is a BEAST!
Quote:
Originally Posted by draftfreak View Post
On top of the Packers losing, our former beloved back gets over 200 yards rushing - hopefully helping us in WHATEVER IT IS that we get in the trade.

Way to go Reggie. This puts him just under 1,000 yards for the season with 2 games left.
This may be a stooped question but why do they withhold what we might get for Reggie. Obviously they know and have something worked out, but why undisclose it?
The Dude is offline Reply With Quote

Old 12-20-2011, 05:45 PM   #140
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldRush26 View Post
All we can say for sure is that Reggie is excelling in this role and PT/Sproles are excelling in theirs. There doesn't have to be any so-and-so's better than whoever. You can minimize what he's doing now and say that PT/Sproles are better, but they'll never get the opportunity to rush for 1,000 yards in a season or have a 200 yard game. Could they do it? Maybe, but like someone else said, we'll never know. If they're ok with that, then good for them. I'm positive Coach Payton is ok with it. Reggie wanted to prove to himself that he could do it, and there's nothing wrong with that. He was tired of the "bust" label, being called a satellite player, a gadget player, a 3rd down back. Now a lot of those perceptions have been shed.

And people accusing Reggie of not being a team player need to stop. By all accounts Reggie was a great teammate. You can want to acheive personal goals without being considered a bad teammate. And by the way, he's likely earned a new contract. The game isn't 100% about winning, it's also about making as much money as you can, as fast as you can before the game is done with you.
Totally agree with you. A lot of it is if this then this type stuff and whose to say what could happen. What we do know is that he was a team player and he's proving people wrong so...but yeah you got the right head about it.