home
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Go Back   New Orleans Saints - Saints Report - Message Boards > GENERAL > Locker Room (Smack Allowed)

Old 03-29-2012, 10:58 AM   #57
Not a part of your system

NOFALCONS10 is a splendid one to beholdNOFALCONS10 is a splendid one to beholdNOFALCONS10 is a splendid one to behold
NOFALCONS10 is a splendid one to beholdNOFALCONS10 is a splendid one to beholdNOFALCONS10 is a splendid one to beholdNOFALCONS10 is a splendid one to beholdNOFALCONS10 is a splendid one to beholdNOFALCONS10 is a splendid one to beholdNOFALCONS10 is a splendid one to beholdNOFALCONS10 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitarzan View Post
Almost the entirety of the posters in this thread have managed to misplace their anger... keep up the defiant hatred and see where it gets you... outside of New Orleans the maniacal response and reaction from Saints fans is a joke... folks thought the same thing about the over-the-top never ending celebration over the Superbowl... I think all of America celebrated less when the USA prevailed in WWII... quite a bit of America now views Saints fans as a bunch of wining babies who can't take their lumps...flame away but that's the hard truth
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-XPCxL3ggDz...-here-meme.png

The inevitable, self-proclaimed hard-nosed realist is here to learn the rest of us ignorant know-nothings about the facts of life and to let us know the real score. Please do condescend to us more about not understanding th facts and lashing out in blind anger at his holy,infallibleness, all-righteous goodell. While you're sitting on that high horse, would you mind casting just a few more insults to your fellow saints fans while avoiding the basis of our arguments and assailing our character?

11 out of 12 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-29-2012, 10:58 AM   #58
D'Eaux!

Guitarzan is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGuitarzan is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Guitarzan is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGuitarzan is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGuitarzan is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGuitarzan is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGuitarzan is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGuitarzan is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGuitarzan is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGuitarzan is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGuitarzan is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGuitarzan is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGuitarzan is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGuitarzan is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
Originally Posted by saintmike23 View Post
I also included Weapons of Mass Destruction in the original text but I didn't want to go into politics.

My point is that the media has taken the allegations and ran with it and these punishments are meant as a "preimptive strike" a shock mechanism that the commissioner is using for what he believes is his personal mission to make the NFL profitable in the long run.

The facts are exaggerated and the media response overblown. Saints fans reactions pale in comparison to the media machine's onslaught of manufacturing opinions on this matter.
Ok I'm a journalist for a second here. Here is-- arguably-- the biggest scandal the NFL has ever witnessed. It's an unprecedented crossover to an entirely new culture and outlook for the league. Am I supposed to ignore it?

Goodell doesn't really have past events to base his decision-making-process on. He's flying by the seat of his pants-- so to say.

But continuing to hate on him and disrespect his authority so publicly and overwhelmingly and endlessly??

It's truly not gonna help and prolly make things worse.

You did mention one thing that I think is eerily prescient: "he commissioner is using for what he believes is his personal mission to make the NFL profitable in the long run".

And if he fails what then?

Remember the USFL? In this case it's the story of the giant. The bigger they are the harder they fall.

If Roger can't pull this off I could see where the league would be disbanded.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-29-2012, 10:58 AM   #59
Saints Nut

gumbotron is marching in
gumbotron is marching ingumbotron is marching ingumbotron is marching ingumbotron is marching ingumbotron is marching ingumbotron is marching ingumbotron is marching ingumbotron is marching ingumbotron is marching ingumbotron is marching ingumbotron is marching in
Its on,Rog !
gumbotron is offline Reply With Quote

Old 03-29-2012, 10:59 AM   #60
Hall-of-Famer

MsMSSaintsFan is an Sr.com Hall of FamerMsMSSaintsFan is an Sr.com Hall of FamerMsMSSaintsFan is an Sr.com Hall of FamerMsMSSaintsFan is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
MsMSSaintsFan is an Sr.com Hall of FamerMsMSSaintsFan is an Sr.com Hall of FamerMsMSSaintsFan is an Sr.com Hall of FamerMsMSSaintsFan is an Sr.com Hall of FamerMsMSSaintsFan is an Sr.com Hall of FamerMsMSSaintsFan is an Sr.com Hall of FamerMsMSSaintsFan is an Sr.com Hall of FamerMsMSSaintsFan is an Sr.com Hall of FamerMsMSSaintsFan is an Sr.com Hall of FamerMsMSSaintsFan is an Sr.com Hall of FamerMsMSSaintsFan is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
We all know G-Ddell is a slippery, 2 faced weasel lying piece of flotsam since he yells "player safety" at Saints fans to justify this piece of personal vindictiveness, then talks about 18 games with his next breath. Bull Hockeypucks!
MsMSSaintsFan is offline Reply With Quote

Old 03-29-2012, 11:01 AM   #61
Very Banned

Sophandros is a splendid one to beholdSophandros is a splendid one to beholdSophandros is a splendid one to behold
Sophandros is a splendid one to beholdSophandros is a splendid one to beholdSophandros is a splendid one to beholdSophandros is a splendid one to beholdSophandros is a splendid one to beholdSophandros is a splendid one to beholdSophandros is a splendid one to beholdSophandros is a splendid one to beholdSophandros is a splendid one to beholdSophandros is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Almost the entirety of the posters in this thread have managed to misplace their anger... keep up the defiant hatred and see where it gets you... outside of New Orleans the maniacal response and reaction from Saints fans is a joke... folks thought the same thing about the over-the-top never ending celebration over the Superbowl... I think all of America celebrated less when the USA prevailed in WWII... quite a bit of America now views Saints fans as a bunch of wining babies who can't take their lumps...flame away but that's the hard truth
The over the top response is because of the over the top penalty...
Sophandros is offline Reply With Quote

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-29-2012, 11:01 AM   #62
D'Eaux!

Guitarzan is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGuitarzan is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGuitarzan is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGuitarzan is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGuitarzan is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGuitarzan is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGuitarzan is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGuitarzan is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGuitarzan is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGuitarzan is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGuitarzan is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGuitarzan is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOFALCONS10 View Post
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-XPCxL3ggDz...-here-meme.png

The inevitable, self-proclaimed hard-nosed realist is here to learn the rest of us ignorant know-nothings about the facts of life and to let us know the real score. Please do condescend to us more about not understanding th facts and lashing out in blind anger at his holy,infallibleness, all-righteous goodell. While you're sitting on that high horse, would you mind casting just a few more insults to your fellow saints fans while avoiding the basis of our arguments and assailing our character?
There are none more blind than those who refuse to see.

But you guys go ahead in your festival of hate. It's misguided and unproductive. I'll leave it at that.

It's funny how folks feel so easily insulted.

0 out of 9 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-29-2012, 11:01 AM   #63
BRING THE WOOD!

saintmike23 is a jewel in the rough
saintmike23 is a jewel in the roughsaintmike23 is a jewel in the roughsaintmike23 is a jewel in the roughsaintmike23 is a jewel in the roughsaintmike23 is a jewel in the roughsaintmike23 is a jewel in the roughsaintmike23 is a jewel in the roughsaintmike23 is a jewel in the roughsaintmike23 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
I am stunned by the severity of the punishment(s). I believe this is the only way that the league can show that it was serious about protecting player safety in the face of the lawsuits. Those plaintiffs include NFL Hall of Fame players and also a couple of Superbowl-winning-QB's. It's got some real heavy hitters.

This is an attempt to lessen the blow the NFL might take in court if a jury finds that they indeed had systematic and institutional disregard of player safety in the interest of promoting winning-- at any cost.

I always try to put myself in the other guys shoes when criticizing ones actions. In this case, what was Goodell supposed to do?
Why should the lawsuits have anything to do with the punishments?

Fight the lawsuit in court not in public. Bringing the pay for performance programs in the public eye has actually made things worse for the NFL. And now Goodell looks like a hypocrite, or I should say he is one.

This is something that Goodell started on his own. Not like an FBI investigation of a dog gambling ring. There could have been an internal effort to cut the practice out among all 32 teams like steroid testing. He didn't have to single out one organization and then egregiously punish the head coach who admitted that he was not involved enough and did not promote the program.

Goodell made an entire continent out of a molehill.
saintmike23 is offline Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-29-2012, 11:01 AM   #64
Super Moderator

Rugger 60K Burger Club
Rugger 60K Burger ClubRugger 60K Burger ClubRugger 60K Burger ClubRugger 60K Burger ClubRugger 60K Burger ClubRugger 60K Burger ClubRugger 60K Burger ClubRugger 60K Burger ClubRugger 60K Burger ClubRugger 60K Burger ClubRugger 60K Burger Club
What good does it do the fans to not express their disagreement for an outrageous punishment? Sure it is great to say "we will shove it in his face when we when the Super Bowl", but as fans, we really have no direct impact on that achievement. What if we did not voice our outrage? What if we let the media's slanted reporting go unchecked? What if we don't win the Super bowl?

I would rather hedge my bets and voice it now. I think Goodell deserves to know that he too makes mistakes. That is decisions are not always well thought out and sound. What I am reading is a very weak mindset by many posters. Accept injustice because if you complain you could get worse injustice? I would rather shine a big spot light on Goodell's unfair decision making, witch hunting tactics, and injustice punishment.

Voicing discontent for shortsighted and unwarranted consequence is exactly what this country was founded on. We still have not been given all of the facts. We still do not know exactly what we are guilty of doing. How is it expected that we accept punishment for crimes that remain diluted? Show me where the punishment is justified and stop reading and listening to agenda driven media that would rather chase the drama surrounding a situation that the facts of the story.

8 out of 8 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-29-2012, 11:02 AM   #65
Veteran

NSFW is a BEAST!NSFW is a BEAST!NSFW is a BEAST!NSFW is a BEAST!NSFW is a BEAST!NSFW is a BEAST!NSFW is a BEAST!NSFW is a BEAST!NSFW is a BEAST!NSFW is a BEAST!NSFW is a BEAST!
so I still think all of you don't get my post about the greater good of New Orleans. Yes, you have every right to spew hatred towards the league and the commissioner, but in return, the commissioner also has the right to make life difficult on New Orleans. Then you turn around and say...well we will hit them with our wallets. They will turn around and say, great, L.A. needs a team.

Stop thinking so short-sighted. Support Payton, let the hatred towards Goodell go.
NSFW is offline Reply With Quote

1 out of 8 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-29-2012, 11:03 AM   #66
Very Banned

Sophandros is a splendid one to beholdSophandros is a splendid one to beholdSophandros is a splendid one to behold
Sophandros is a splendid one to beholdSophandros is a splendid one to beholdSophandros is a splendid one to beholdSophandros is a splendid one to beholdSophandros is a splendid one to beholdSophandros is a splendid one to beholdSophandros is a splendid one to beholdSophandros is a splendid one to beholdSophandros is a splendid one to beholdSophandros is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
What good shall be served The Saints if its fans make permanent an enemy out of the NFL commissioner?
Really.
What good does it serve?
Does it really help to vent your anger so vehemently?
You realize that if Goodell becomes a permanent enemy of the city of NOLA because of what a few knuckleheads say on line or via an email, that pretty much proves those same knuckleheads' point, right?
Sophandros is offline Reply With Quote

Old 03-29-2012, 11:06 AM   #67
D'Eaux!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophandros View Post
You realize that if Goodell becomes a permanent enemy of the city of NOLA because of what a few knuckleheads say on line or via an email, that pretty much proves those same knuckleheads' point, right?
But it's not a few. This is Steelers country but this is the news. USA Today has chronicled it. It's like the entire fan base is attacking the respect of the office and has not gone unnoticed.

0 out of 4 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-29-2012, 11:06 AM   #68
Super Moderator

Rugger 60K Burger Club
Rugger 60K Burger ClubRugger 60K Burger ClubRugger 60K Burger ClubRugger 60K Burger ClubRugger 60K Burger ClubRugger 60K Burger ClubRugger 60K Burger ClubRugger 60K Burger ClubRugger 60K Burger ClubRugger 60K Burger ClubRugger 60K Burger Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSFW View Post
so I still think all of you don't get my post about the greater good of New Orleans. Yes, you have every right to spew hatred towards the league and the commissioner, but in return, the commissioner also has the right to make life difficult on New Orleans. Then you turn around and say...well we will hit them with our wallets. They will turn around and say, great, L.A. needs a team.

Stop thinking so short-sighted. Support Payton, let the hatred towards Goodell go.
How can you expect change from people in power when you do not demand it?

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-29-2012, 11:06 AM   #69
Very Banned

Location: Live in NJ. Grew up in Metry, right off Airline HWY.
i WhoDat i is a BEAST!i WhoDat i is a BEAST!i WhoDat i is a BEAST!i WhoDat i is a BEAST!i WhoDat i is a BEAST!i WhoDat i is a BEAST!i WhoDat i is a BEAST!i WhoDat i is a BEAST!i WhoDat i is a BEAST!i WhoDat i is a BEAST!i WhoDat i is a BEAST!i WhoDat i is a BEAST!
Quote:
Originally Posted by st_username View Post
I will paint the words *&YU^%$#@ roger goodell on my roof. Is that ok? No one censors me, that's why I live in America. I love my freedom.

When this narcissistic hypocritical *insert slur here* does what is right, not just what he can get away with my criticism of him will subside. As it stands, to abash fans for reacting to unprecedented penalty on only ONE team is disgusting. No due process, or even a quasi democratic approach from the owners or players. Just a bag of shaky 'evidence', and a ton of lip service from every major 'news' outlet.

This ruins my football experience. Does that matter? Constantly having to hear about how the Saints are cheaters, and how they should have everything from no draft to being removed from the league. Wheres the admonishment to the media and other fans? Drug through the mud, called every name under the sun. Surrounded by negativity, and I pay for it. Literally. I pay money for the NFL network and sirius. I buy NFL gear, and go to games when I can. All I did is woke up. Why is my experience being smashed?

Why will I have to watch my team go 2 and 14 this year? Not saying they can't go to the playoffs, but next year is very likely a wash for us. I know that is being rather negative, but it's also rather realistic.

Who is going to do ANYTHING about it? No one. What do you do about a tyrant? Let them be tyrants? Hope they don't take your house next time? They already took the car. Bullies get away with what you let them get away with. Goodell is a bully. If sending him an angry email somehow convinces him to ban NO from hosting Superbowl's for life, then he was probably just looking for an excuse to do so. God knows who gave him the power to do so.

/rant
My point, when dealing directly with Goodell:

*There is a difference in effectiveness/credibility in an argument that has passion filled opinions supported by fact vs. you're a poo poo head.

Is Goodell more likely to relate and respond to a 13 year old comment or a well spoken adult?

!WhoDat!
i WhoDat i is offline Reply With Quote

Old 03-29-2012, 11:07 AM   #70
The Saints Are Here!

4EveraSaint is a future SR.com Hall of Famer4EveraSaint is a future SR.com Hall of Famer4EveraSaint is a future SR.com Hall of Famer4EveraSaint is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
4EveraSaint is a future SR.com Hall of Famer4EveraSaint is a future SR.com Hall of Famer4EveraSaint is a future SR.com Hall of Famer4EveraSaint is a future SR.com Hall of Famer4EveraSaint is a future SR.com Hall of Famer4EveraSaint is a future SR.com Hall of Famer4EveraSaint is a future SR.com Hall of Famer4EveraSaint is a future SR.com Hall of Famer4EveraSaint is a future SR.com Hall of Famer4EveraSaint is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sports Lounge View Post
Saints fans shouldn’t look far for blame on bounties

Saints fans shouldn
A punter commenting about hits in football? LOL!
"We're not used to 14 to 9 victories, but we're used to winning."-Drew Brees
4EveraSaint is offline Reply With Quote