New Page 1
home Steve Gleasons Website
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Go Back   New Orleans Saints - Saints Report - Message Boards > GENERAL > Saints Super Forum (Main Board) > Where to Watch Game threads

Google Ads
Sponsored Ads

Old 07-08-2010, 02:23 AM   #85
WebDev'n Beer Drnkn' Fool

beezm will become famous soon enoughbeezm will become famous soon enoughbeezm will become famous soon enoughbeezm will become famous soon enoughbeezm will become famous soon enoughbeezm will become famous soon enoughbeezm will become famous soon enough
Bump... With the season getting closer, would love to have this happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew76021 View Post
Just keep in mind Dave that the group like we have in Dallas has been in the making for many years. The first several years started with just a handful of fans which steadily grew each year. Get a good group of guys that meet regularly and things will happen.

Keep up the good work of building the Who Dat Nation out west.
I think there are a handful of Denver area fans that can help get this going.. or I have a feeling.

I sent you a PM too saint31
beezm is offline Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-09-2010, 05:27 PM   #86
Cam Jordan Fan Club

SaintlyAgenda is a splendid one to beholdSaintlyAgenda is a splendid one to beholdSaintlyAgenda is a splendid one to behold
SaintlyAgenda is a splendid one to beholdSaintlyAgenda is a splendid one to beholdSaintlyAgenda is a splendid one to beholdSaintlyAgenda is a splendid one to beholdSaintlyAgenda is a splendid one to beholdSaintlyAgenda is a splendid one to beholdSaintlyAgenda is a splendid one to beholdSaintlyAgenda is a splendid one to beholdSaintlyAgenda is a splendid one to beholdSaintlyAgenda is a splendid one to beholdSaintlyAgenda is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Just keep in mind Dave that the group like we have in Dallas has been in the making for many years. The first several years started with just a handful of fans which steadily grew each year. Get a good group of guys that meet regularly and things will happen.

You're absolutely right Andy. You guys were at Gator's for over a decade right? I'll surely keep that in mind. I'll definitely get something going this season and make sure to keep everyone posted via this thread. I don't care how small the initial turnout is. I just want to watch some New Orleans Saints football with some fellow die-hards! Thanks for continuing to check up on the thread and all the advice you've lent me so far. You've been really helpful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swilling56 View Post
I am interested in making one or two this season, but like I said earlier with the baby coming at the end of this month I'll need to stay home a lot. Maybe if you pick one or two official games where you try to get everyone together, then everyone who can only make one or two can try to come to the same one. Then you'll have a much bigger crowd for those. Just a thought.
I completely understand Swilling56. You have to take care of your responsibilities first and foremost. You've given a great suggestion and that is something I will definitely do. Thanks for your input.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwaokda View Post
I didn't read through the whole thread (because I'm in New Orleans not Denver, doh!) BUT I'm trying to get saints "game day meetup" locations in the database for the saints application. So when you guys figure out where you'll be it would be a big help if you could submit it here. Good Luck!
As soon as we've got it all figured out, I'll pm you with the info. Keep up the good work fwaokda. That's a hand little site for all the traveling Who Dats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beezm View Post

I think there are a handful of Denver area fans that can help get this going.. or I have a feeling.

I got it beezm. I sent you one back.
SaintlyAgenda is offline Reply With Quote

Old 07-19-2010, 02:02 AM   #87
Cam Jordan Fan Club

SaintlyAgenda is a splendid one to beholdSaintlyAgenda is a splendid one to beholdSaintlyAgenda is a splendid one to behold
SaintlyAgenda is a splendid one to beholdSaintlyAgenda is a splendid one to beholdSaintlyAgenda is a splendid one to beholdSaintlyAgenda is a splendid one to beholdSaintlyAgenda is a splendid one to beholdSaintlyAgenda is a splendid one to beholdSaintlyAgenda is a splendid one to beholdSaintlyAgenda is a splendid one to beholdSaintlyAgenda is a splendid one to beholdSaintlyAgenda is a splendid one to beholdSaintlyAgenda is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by beezm View Post

I sent you a PM about a week ago. Please check your PMs

Old 07-19-2010, 02:28 AM   #88
GeauxSaints53

Xerxes is an Sr.com Hall of FamerXerxes is an Sr.com Hall of FamerXerxes is an Sr.com Hall of FamerXerxes is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Xerxes is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
31, were you thinking about doing a NoNo's thing soon?

Old 07-19-2010, 02:44 AM   #89
Keep Ya Head Up

nolaboytroy2 is on a distinguished roadnolaboytroy2 is on a distinguished roadnolaboytroy2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Yeah it got pretty crazy !!!

Even the bartenders weren't cowgirl fans
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk2121.jpg (27.7 KB, 73 views)
nolaboytroy2 is offline Reply With Quote

Old 07-19-2010, 02:48 AM   #90
Keep Ya Head Up

nolaboytroy2 is on a distinguished roadnolaboytroy2 is on a distinguished roadnolaboytroy2 is on a distinguished road
I know you remember this huh ?

You're in these pics.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Me at BW3.jpg (146.8 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg me at bw3 2.jpg (137.7 KB, 4 views)

Old 07-19-2010, 02:53 AM   #91
Keep Ya Head Up

Quote:

And it eventually grew into this... Good luck my brother !!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0956.jpg (71.1 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg dfw_bww_shirt_8.jpg (68.8 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg f0nlnk.jpg (93.6 KB, 3 views)

Old 07-19-2010, 03:03 AM   #92
Cam Jordan Fan Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeauxSaints53 View Post
31, were you thinking about doing a NoNo's thing soon?
I was waiting on HJBandMe to email me back. He emailed me 2 weeks ago saying he was ready to do it. I emailed him back trying to set up some details and never heard back from him. I'm down to do it. When is good for you GeauxSaints53?

I'm thinking August 7th would be good because it would give everyone interested plenty of heads up. What do you think?

Old 07-19-2010, 03:08 AM   #93
Cam Jordan Fan Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolaboytroy2 View Post
I know you remember this huh ?

You're in these pics.
Ha Ha Ha!!!! The back of my head looks great in those pics . Thanks for posting those Troy. Those were seriously some of the greatest Sundays of my life. I really miss that place man!

I hope we can eventually have half of what was formed back in Dallas.

Old 07-19-2010, 03:27 AM   #94
GeauxSaints53

Xerxes is an Sr.com Hall of FamerXerxes is an Sr.com Hall of FamerXerxes is an Sr.com Hall of FamerXerxes is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Xerxes is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
Originally Posted by saint31 View Post
I was waiting on HJBandMe to email me back. He emailed me 2 weeks ago saying he was ready to do it. I emailed him back trying to set up some details and never heard back from him. I'm down to do it. When is good for you GeauxSaints53?

I'm thinking August 7th would be good because it would give everyone interested plenty of heads up. What do you think?
Sounds good to me. I'll be done with work and it's right before I head back to Boulder.

Old 07-22-2010, 10:40 AM   #95
Cam Jordan Fan Club

Hello fellow Denver area Who Dats. As most of you know, I've been tirelessly looking for a Denver area bar/restaurant for us fans to watch our beloved Saints. Well, this morning I may have had one fall right into my lap.

I'm a fan of a page on facebook called Denver, CO Saints Fans. I'm pretty new to this group because I'm fairly new to the Denver area. But I know they met up at a bar in Denver last year and had a pretty big following. Here is an email I received from the page operator this morning that I think will interest most all of you just as it caught my attention.

Quote:
Good Morning Who Dats!!

I am excited to send this email out announcing the new home of the Saints in Denver, Stoney's Bar and Grill.

Why is the bar changing you might ask? Well Stoney, who y'all might remember as one of the managers at Gov's Park, recently left his position because of some management issues and the direction that Gov's was heading. He purchased the old Andrew's bar that was next to Sutra on 11th and Lincoln. Although Gov's took care of us this past season it was very hard in the beginning of the season to get the TV's we wanted and the tables and a lot of the time we would have to wait around for people to leave tables and once we sat down trying to watch the games was tough because of the positions of the TV's and the crowds of other fans. This was one of the main reasons I was looking for another bar to host us. Another reason was the fact that there has been so much turn around with the staff at Gov's that we would not have the servers that we knew and after speaking with the new Management at Gov's during the 4th of July weekend I found out that they did not know about how passionate we are about the Saints.

Will and I had pretty much a two hour meeting with Stoney and the other partners at the future location of the new bar. We are the first Pro Football group to sign up with the bar and we have a lot of things planned coming up in the near future.
What were the selling points for going to Stoney's bar?

1. Stoney knows us from Govs and has gone above and beyond in the past to make sure that we had TV's and sound when ever possible when he was at Govs.

2. Some of our favorite people from the wait staff will be moving over to Stoney's Bar and Grill.

3. There will be 21 42 inch HD 1080 flat screen Plasma TVs set up around the bar so there will not be a blind spot for watching the games.

4. There will be 2 150 inch HD projection TVs to watch the games.

5. The bar will be having live music every Friday and Saturday nights and with that they have guaranteed to me that they will be booking some Louisiana based bands along with bands who have members that are part of our Saints group. Two of the bands that they have promised to book for me that have members in the group are: Mandi Rae (Ashley) and Dufour (Cherie)

6. And this one is a big selling point: STONEY'S BAR and GRILL will be recycling all of the empty cans that they sell. They will be selling the empty cans, Coors will be matching dollar for dollar, and the money that they make from the cans and they will be donating the proceeds to a cause or charity of our choice. The first cause that they will be donating money to is the Gulf Restoration!!!

7. On game days the wait staff will be wearing Saints shirts.

8. There will be a Saints flag flying in front of the bar all season long.

9. There will be a FREE photo booth.

10. And last but not least there will be food and drink specials on game days, and specialty Louisiana drinks and food served all week.

Check out the links below for more information on Stoney's Bar and Grill and read the write up that they got in Westword.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Denver...=search&v=wall

http://blogs.westword.com/cafesociet...l_is_movin.php

Please feel free to contact me with any comments, questions, or just to say hi.

I am looking forward to this season as I think all of us are. Stay tuned for updates on when the bar will open, for more info on the grand opening and for info on the first Saints game against the Vikings!!

Also please spread the word to people who are not members of this group about our new home.
Looking forward to seeing everyone for the first game.

Who Dat!!!
I will be going to Stoney's in the next few weeks to speak with management to verify that these wonderful perks are indeed true and post my findings here. I think this is going to be a great place though. I'm pretty excited. If you're interested in checking it out for yourself, or you're just curious where the place is, the address is:

1111 Lincoln Street in Denver, CO

Everyone feel free to post and tell me what you think of this place and all the perks.

Last edited by SaintlyAgenda; 07-22-2010 at 12:25 PM.

Old 07-22-2010, 12:18 PM   #96
Super Forum Fanatic
UFO Shoot Out Champion

andrew76021 is a true Saintandrew76021 is a true Saint
andrew76021 is a true Saintandrew76021 is a true Saintandrew76021 is a true Saintandrew76021 is a true Saintandrew76021 is a true Saintandrew76021 is a true Saintandrew76021 is a true Saintandrew76021 is a true Saintandrew76021 is a true Saintandrew76021 is a true Saintandrew76021 is a true Saintandrew76021 is a true Saintandrew76021 is a true Saintandrew76021 is a true Saint
Congrats David. Looks like a great fit.

andrew76021 is offline Reply With Quote

Old 07-22-2010, 12:47 PM   #97
Cam Jordan Fan Club

Thanks Andy!!!

Old 07-22-2010, 01:35 PM   #98
All-Pro

rail is a glorious beacon of lightrail is a glorious beacon of light
rail is a glorious beacon of lightrail is a glorious beacon of lightrail is a glorious beacon of lightrail is a glorious beacon of lightrail is a glorious beacon of lightrail is a glorious beacon of lightrail is a glorious beacon of light
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by rail View Post
Saint 31 -

Thanks for getting this together. I've been trying for a while to find a place with a big collection of Who Dats. The past couple of years, I've ended up at a BW's with a few others.

I found a profile on facebook. I think it's called the Denver Who Dats or Denver Saints Fans. I did not make it to any of their get-togethers, but apparently the playoffs were very crowded, with about three hundred showing up, a live band during the Super Bowl, etc.

Here is the facebook link: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/...id=19633238892. And the group is called "Denver, CO Saints Fans"

They all meet at Governor's Park. http://govnrspark.com/ It's a good central location, near downtown.

I think I'll definitely be catching some games with that group this season. If you get something else going, let me know - shoot me a PM or something. Would love to hang out with some more Who Dats this year - watching the game with fellow fans is always alot better.

Welcome to Denver, btw. Get out to some Rockies games this summer and hit the mountains for some hiking, camping and fishing.

Rail

BTW - What is your avatar all about? Always wondered about that.

Quote:
Hello fellow Denver area Who Dats. As most of you know, I've been tirelessly looking for a Denver area bar/restaurant for us fans to watch our beloved Saints. Well, this morning I may have had one fall right into my lap.

I'm a fan of a page on facebook called Denver, CO Saints Fans. I'm pretty new to this group because I'm fairly new to the Denver area. But I know they met up at a bar in Denver last year and had a pretty big following. Here is an email I received from the page operator this morning that I think will interest most all of you just as it caught my attention.
Well I'm glad SOMEBODY found that group.
rail is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
denver