New Page 1
home Steve Gleasons Website
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Go Back   New Orleans Saints - Saints Report - Message Boards > GENERAL > Fantasy Football Board

Google Ads
Sponsored Ads

Old 09-22-2009, 10:22 AM   #15
Hall-of-Famer

saintcool13 is a future SR.com Hall of Famersaintcool13 is a future SR.com Hall of Famersaintcool13 is a future SR.com Hall of Famersaintcool13 is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
saintcool13 is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
I have the anemic trio and am 0-2. I traded Jacobs for Flacco. I just hope Forte has better games ahead. I guess I won't play Jennings against teams with good pass def.
saintcool13 is offline Reply With Quote

Old 09-22-2009, 10:24 AM   #16
Hall-of-Famer

saintcool13 is a future SR.com Hall of Famersaintcool13 is a future SR.com Hall of Famersaintcool13 is a future SR.com Hall of Famersaintcool13 is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
saintcool13 is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
And to make it worse, I had Mario Maningham that I could have started instead of Jennings.
saintcool13 is offline Reply With Quote

Old 09-22-2009, 10:49 AM   #17
Really?

Galbreath34 Prestigious Gold Club MemberGalbreath34 Prestigious Gold Club MemberGalbreath34 Prestigious Gold Club MemberGalbreath34 Prestigious Gold Club MemberGalbreath34 Prestigious Gold Club Member
Galbreath34 Prestigious Gold Club MemberGalbreath34 Prestigious Gold Club MemberGalbreath34 Prestigious Gold Club MemberGalbreath34 Prestigious Gold Club MemberGalbreath34 Prestigious Gold Club MemberGalbreath34 Prestigious Gold Club MemberGalbreath34 Prestigious Gold Club MemberGalbreath34 Prestigious Gold Club MemberGalbreath34 Prestigious Gold Club MemberGalbreath34 Prestigious Gold Club MemberGalbreath34 Prestigious Gold Club MemberGalbreath34 Prestigious Gold Club MemberGalbreath34 Prestigious Gold Club MemberGalbreath34 Prestigious Gold Club Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by d3cyph3r View Post
sound like u need to join a money league next year... your draft shouldnt be so nice
Yeah, I haven't done a money league since the Ditka era at least

I've usually had good luck at decent competition in the random onlines. I used to do a few and there was always at least one good one.

Actually one of the random ones I was in was one of my favorites. I could only finish 4th with a decent team, but lots of good trade action across the league, guys smart with pickups, and it was a year where I and a few others really had to jump around injuries. I've always been decent as a drafter, but back then I struggled more with picking the right ones to start. I'd regularly leave 20pts on the bench

Anyway, my main reason for playing now is just to have a reason to watch RedZone or follow other games early in the season, and even this poor league gets me to do that. I think FFL actually gets me to keep up with a lot more midgrade players than I otherwise would.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam Jordan
How you like that answer? How you like that? You like it? Boom. Left to be interpreted -- or not.
Galbreath34 is offline Reply With Quote

Old 09-22-2009, 11:44 AM   #18
Official SR Twitter Team

JeffDaSaintsGuy is a future SR.com Hall of FamerJeffDaSaintsGuy is a future SR.com Hall of FamerJeffDaSaintsGuy is a future SR.com Hall of FamerJeffDaSaintsGuy is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
JeffDaSaintsGuy is a future SR.com Hall of FamerJeffDaSaintsGuy is a future SR.com Hall of FamerJeffDaSaintsGuy is a future SR.com Hall of FamerJeffDaSaintsGuy is a future SR.com Hall of FamerJeffDaSaintsGuy is a future SR.com Hall of FamerJeffDaSaintsGuy is a future SR.com Hall of FamerJeffDaSaintsGuy is a future SR.com Hall of FamerJeffDaSaintsGuy is a future SR.com Hall of FamerJeffDaSaintsGuy is a future SR.com Hall of FamerJeffDaSaintsGuy is a future SR.com Hall of FamerJeffDaSaintsGuy is a future SR.com Hall of FamerJeffDaSaintsGuy is a future SR.com Hall of FamerJeffDaSaintsGuy is a future SR.com Hall of FamerJeffDaSaintsGuy is a future SR.com Hall of FamerJeffDaSaintsGuy is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galbreath34 View Post
I'm in a league with 3 AWOL teams and 8 other mostly morons. I actually wish there were a bit more competition or that someone could come in and take over for the other guys. Only one other guy topped 100 last week, but I think 3 of them hit that this week. How they let me get Brees, Andre Johnson, Calvin Johnson, and Ronnie Brown (I think in the 4th or 5th round), I don't know. One idiot took Witten with the #6 overall pick. So I'm all about max scoring, because the games themselves are just a pain to watch. The guy I played last week benches Julius Jones and Portis to start Edgerrin James and Kevin Walter
We have a very competitive and active league. I have Forte, L. Moore and S. Moss... both have done NADA
JeffDaSaintsGuy is offline Reply With Quote

Old 09-22-2009, 01:30 PM   #19
ALL-MADDEN TEAM

Treybad will become famous soon enoughTreybad will become famous soon enoughTreybad will become famous soon enoughTreybad will become famous soon enoughTreybad will become famous soon enoughTreybad will become famous soon enoughTreybad will become famous soon enoughTreybad will become famous soon enough
Forte was my #12 ranked RB this year so not feeling your pain there..... although I did have Jacobs at #10 and I am feeling his pain somewhat.....

Old 09-24-2009, 01:58 AM   #20
Veteran

c_elk17 has disabled reputation
dude, i'm sitting in the front of your boat: Fitz(1), Slaton(2), Grant, Jacobs, roddy white.

i'm 0-2. they gotta come around sometime. right?
c_elk17 is offline Reply With Quote

Old 09-24-2009, 11:40 PM   #21
Subscribing Member

JackDiesel 40K Burger ClubJackDiesel 40K Burger ClubJackDiesel 40K Burger ClubJackDiesel 40K Burger ClubJackDiesel 40K Burger Club
JackDiesel 40K Burger ClubJackDiesel 40K Burger ClubJackDiesel 40K Burger ClubJackDiesel 40K Burger ClubJackDiesel 40K Burger ClubJackDiesel 40K Burger ClubJackDiesel 40K Burger ClubJackDiesel 40K Burger ClubJackDiesel 40K Burger ClubJackDiesel 40K Burger ClubJackDiesel 40K Burger ClubJackDiesel 40K Burger ClubJackDiesel 40K Burger Club
Dude I feel your pain I'm also 0-2 with Forte and Jennings and I started Schaub against the Jets then sat him in favor of Hasselbeck in week 2... Schaub is the best QB of the week and Hasselbeck gets injured on a bonehead run. I didn't realize the Jets defense was that good, although I do have them in one of my leagues.

Matchups in the first 2 weeks killed me, I'm looking forward to Forte having 5 out 6 favorable matchups in the weeks ahead. Jennings is a little more hit or miss but I doubt he posts another goose egg anytime soon. Eventually the Packers will get that pressure problem solved and Rodgers will start to hit on all cylinders. Don't worry!
JackDiesel is offline Reply With Quote

Old 09-25-2009, 01:51 PM   #22
Hall-of-Famer

d3cyph3r is a glorious beacon of lightd3cyph3r is a glorious beacon of light
d3cyph3r is a glorious beacon of lightd3cyph3r is a glorious beacon of lightd3cyph3r is a glorious beacon of lightd3cyph3r is a glorious beacon of lightd3cyph3r is a glorious beacon of lightd3cyph3r is a glorious beacon of light
Here's to an awesome Week 3 for Forte, Jacobs, Jennings and Schaub!
d3cyph3r is offline Reply With Quote

Old 09-25-2009, 04:00 PM   #23
Really?

Galbreath34 Prestigious Gold Club MemberGalbreath34 Prestigious Gold Club MemberGalbreath34 Prestigious Gold Club MemberGalbreath34 Prestigious Gold Club MemberGalbreath34 Prestigious Gold Club Member
Galbreath34 Prestigious Gold Club MemberGalbreath34 Prestigious Gold Club MemberGalbreath34 Prestigious Gold Club MemberGalbreath34 Prestigious Gold Club MemberGalbreath34 Prestigious Gold Club MemberGalbreath34 Prestigious Gold Club MemberGalbreath34 Prestigious Gold Club MemberGalbreath34 Prestigious Gold Club MemberGalbreath34 Prestigious Gold Club MemberGalbreath34 Prestigious Gold Club MemberGalbreath34 Prestigious Gold Club MemberGalbreath34 Prestigious Gold Club MemberGalbreath34 Prestigious Gold Club MemberGalbreath34 Prestigious Gold Club Member
Fine by me, I don't play against any of them this time Here's to one more week of Slaton slump though.

Quote:
How you like that answer? How you like that? You like it? Boom. Left to be interpreted -- or not.

Old 09-25-2009, 04:43 PM   #24
back up punter

St. Guinness is marching in
St. Guinness is marching inSt. Guinness is marching inSt. Guinness is marching inSt. Guinness is marching inSt. Guinness is marching inSt. Guinness is marching inSt. Guinness is marching inSt. Guinness is marching inSt. Guinness is marching inSt. Guinness is marching inSt. Guinness is marching in
Brady, Jacobs, Housh, Lynch (who I knew would be out for the first 3 games, but wasn't expecting Jackson to start off so strong).

I am beginning to think this whole Fantasy Football thing ain't for me.
St. Guinness is offline Reply With Quote

Old 09-25-2009, 08:18 PM   #25
Really?

I wasted a pick on Lynch. I was lucky enough to grab Jackson after week one, and now I've dropped Lynch already. Freddy ain't going to give up the bulk of the carries any time soon.

Quote: