home
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Google Ads
Latest Poll
It's been reported that Graham is looking for $12 mill/yr. You are Loomis, what would you do?
Give him the 12 mill per year
Give him Gronkowski money plus a little bit
Franchise tag him as a TE
Franchise tag him as a WR
Franchise tag him and try to trade him
Let him walk
Sponsored Ads

Old 01-11-2012, 07:11 PM   #1
ALL-MADDEN TEAM

KiwiSaint is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
KiwiSaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerKiwiSaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerKiwiSaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerKiwiSaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerKiwiSaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerKiwiSaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerKiwiSaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerKiwiSaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerKiwiSaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerKiwiSaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerKiwiSaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerKiwiSaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerKiwiSaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerKiwiSaint is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Hate to Admit this, but...

I have just entered the world of MP3's. Transferred most of my favorite music from CD's to the MP3 player but now have a question on MP3 purchases.

What is everyone's recommendations on buying music online...best sites, etc. It appears that there are a lot of different options out there.

Old 01-12-2012, 10:14 AM   #2
Ted
muddlin'

Ted is a future SR.com Hall of FamerTed is a future SR.com Hall of FamerTed is a future SR.com Hall of FamerTed is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Ted is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
I don't buy any music. I have a $15/month Rhapsody account that allows me and My Woman to stream any music we want to either our computers or iphones (either of which can be connected to home or car stereos). That way I can sample and find way more music than I'd ever buy without actually hearing. Also, with this I don't have to have all of my mp3's loaded up on my phone (and they wouldn't fit), but I can still listen to anything I want whenever I want to.
Ted is offline Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-12-2012, 10:35 AM   #3

mattbourge is an unknown quantity at this point
Welcome to the digital age!! I've found that amazon is the best and cheapest place to buy singles and albums. They have a FREE cloud service to do what you want with your purchases (app called amazon MP3). You can also have your songs automatically downloaded to your iTunes. As much as I don't like Apple, iTunes is a good program to make playlists, etc. But buying on iTunes comes with way too many restrictions.

mattbourge is offline Reply With Quote

Old 01-12-2012, 10:59 AM   #4
Hail Hydra

Soundwave is a future SR.com Hall of FamerSoundwave is a future SR.com Hall of FamerSoundwave is a future SR.com Hall of FamerSoundwave is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Soundwave is a future SR.com Hall of FamerSoundwave is a future SR.com Hall of FamerSoundwave is a future SR.com Hall of FamerSoundwave is a future SR.com Hall of FamerSoundwave is a future SR.com Hall of FamerSoundwave is a future SR.com Hall of FamerSoundwave is a future SR.com Hall of FamerSoundwave is a future SR.com Hall of FamerSoundwave is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
I just use iTunes because i know for sure there wont be any compatibility issues.

Tiny Shark or Rhapsody are great apps for just streaming anything you want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me View Post
Say goodnight to the bad guy!
Soundwave is offline Reply With Quote

Old 01-12-2012, 11:16 AM   #5
ALL-MADDEN TEAM

KiwiSaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerKiwiSaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerKiwiSaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerKiwiSaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerKiwiSaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerKiwiSaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerKiwiSaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerKiwiSaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerKiwiSaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerKiwiSaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerKiwiSaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerKiwiSaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerKiwiSaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerKiwiSaint is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Thanks guys...I don't think I want to go the streaming route because I'm going to be traveling internationally and want the songs right on my MP3 player. I've got a Sandisk Sansa which seems pretty good but am considering upgrading. Any recommendations...just interested in music, not videos, etc. so is the I-Pod still the best option?
BTW...I've found lots of music that I hadn't heard before by using Pandora in my office. I'm sure everyone is aware of it, but I really love it.

Old 01-12-2012, 02:47 PM   #6
Ted
muddlin'

Ted is a future SR.com Hall of FamerTed is a future SR.com Hall of FamerTed is a future SR.com Hall of FamerTed is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
just FYI, Rhapsody works with Sandisk Sansa players. As long as you plug it in once a month for it to check to see if your subscription is up to date, you can download as much as you want onto your Sansa (or iphone, too).

And, no, I don't own stock in Rhapsody.

Old 01-12-2012, 04:07 PM   #7
ALL-MADDEN TEAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted View Post
just FYI, Rhapsody works with Sandisk Sansa players. As long as you plug it in once a month for it to check to see if your subscription is up to date, you can download as much as you want onto your Sansa (or iphone, too).

And, no, I don't own stock in Rhapsody.
That might be the best option...so for the $15 per month, I can fill up the player and delete and add songs at will?

Old 01-12-2012, 04:13 PM   #8
Ted
muddlin'

yes, that's correct. there's software that you install on your computer. you find songs, add them to your "library", then can drag and drop them to your mp3 player. pretty sure they have a free trial period to see if you like it.

Old 01-12-2012, 04:28 PM   #9
ALL-MADDEN TEAM

Thanks, Ted!!! I'll try it out next week.

Old 01-12-2012, 07:23 PM   #10
Falcons SUCK!!

Saints 4 life Prestigious Gold Club MemberSaints 4 life Prestigious Gold Club MemberSaints 4 life Prestigious Gold Club MemberSaints 4 life Prestigious Gold Club Member
Saints 4 life Prestigious Gold Club MemberSaints 4 life Prestigious Gold Club MemberSaints 4 life Prestigious Gold Club MemberSaints 4 life Prestigious Gold Club MemberSaints 4 life Prestigious Gold Club MemberSaints 4 life Prestigious Gold Club MemberSaints 4 life Prestigious Gold Club MemberSaints 4 life Prestigious Gold Club MemberSaints 4 life Prestigious Gold Club MemberSaints 4 life Prestigious Gold Club MemberSaints 4 life Prestigious Gold Club MemberSaints 4 life Prestigious Gold Club MemberSaints 4 life Prestigious Gold Club Member
Amazon.
Saints 4 life is online now Reply With Quote

Old 01-12-2012, 07:29 PM   #11
Ted
muddlin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints 4 life View Post
Amazon.
and, yes. in the pretty rare instance that I can't find a song on Rhapsody, I use Amazon. **** itunes. That monstrosity is the most annoying, proprietary piece of **** I've ever run across.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-17-2012, 01:55 PM   #12
Gonzo Moderator

RockyMtnSaint 50K Burger ClubRockyMtnSaint 50K Burger ClubRockyMtnSaint 50K Burger ClubRockyMtnSaint 50K Burger Club
RockyMtnSaint 50K Burger ClubRockyMtnSaint 50K Burger ClubRockyMtnSaint 50K Burger ClubRockyMtnSaint 50K Burger ClubRockyMtnSaint 50K Burger ClubRockyMtnSaint 50K Burger ClubRockyMtnSaint 50K Burger ClubRockyMtnSaint 50K Burger ClubRockyMtnSaint 50K Burger ClubRockyMtnSaint 50K Burger ClubRockyMtnSaint 50K Burger ClubRockyMtnSaint 50K Burger ClubRockyMtnSaint 50K Burger ClubRockyMtnSaint 50K Burger Club
If I buy digital music, I always buy it in FLAC format, which is lossless. Then I convert that to MP3 with an encoder called "lame". I very, very rarely will pay for music in MP3 format because if I'm paying for it, I want ALL the bits. Plus I trust the way I encode it better than what somebody else might do. All of my CDs are encoded into FLAC for my home stereo but I use the MP3's on an iPod in my car.

Old 01-28-2012, 05:38 PM   #13
Falcons SUCK!!

Saints 4 life Prestigious Gold Club MemberSaints 4 life Prestigious Gold Club MemberSaints 4 life Prestigious Gold Club MemberSaints 4 life Prestigious Gold Club Member
Saints 4 life Prestigious Gold Club MemberSaints 4 life Prestigious Gold Club MemberSaints 4 life Prestigious Gold Club MemberSaints 4 life Prestigious Gold Club MemberSaints 4 life Prestigious Gold Club MemberSaints 4 life Prestigious Gold Club MemberSaints 4 life Prestigious Gold Club MemberSaints 4 life Prestigious Gold Club MemberSaints 4 life Prestigious Gold Club MemberSaints 4 life Prestigious Gold Club MemberSaints 4 life Prestigious Gold Club MemberSaints 4 life Prestigious Gold Club MemberSaints 4 life Prestigious Gold Club Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyMtnSaint View Post
If I buy digital music, I always buy it in FLAC format, which is lossless. Then I convert that to MP3 with an encoder called "lame". I very, very rarely will pay for music in MP3 format because if I'm paying for it, I want ALL the bits. Plus I trust the way I encode it better than what somebody else might do. All of my CDs are encoded into FLAC for my home stereo but I use the MP3's on an iPod in my car.
Sounds wonderful, but... some of us are computer-illiterate
Saints 4 life is online now Reply With Quote

Old 01-29-2012, 05:22 PM   #14
the dude in the selfie

Zack Lee 60K Burger Club
Zack Lee 60K Burger ClubZack Lee 60K Burger ClubZack Lee 60K Burger ClubZack Lee 60K Burger ClubZack Lee 60K Burger ClubZack Lee 60K Burger ClubZack Lee 60K Burger ClubZack Lee 60K Burger ClubZack Lee 60K Burger ClubZack Lee 60K Burger ClubZack Lee 60K Burger Club
I have recently been converting my old files because I just got an ipod. There were some very helpful posts on it in the tech forum.

Music file formats

I had a napster account where I could stream any playlist I put together for 5 bucks a month plus get 5 free downloads to keep. Of course now that Rhapsody has bought Napster they want more of my money. I was still going to do it but they screwed up the xfer of my account.
Zack Lee is offline Reply With Quote