Saintsreport.com Forums
home Steve Gleasons Website
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Do you want to remove the ads? Support the site by becoming a subscribing member.

Go Back   New Orleans Saints - Saints Report - Message Boards > GENERAL > Music Board

Old 07-25-2009, 11:08 AM   #127
The Scourge of Christians

Lustmord 40K Burger ClubLustmord 40K Burger ClubLustmord 40K Burger ClubLustmord 40K Burger ClubLustmord 40K Burger ClubLustmord 40K Burger ClubLustmord 40K Burger Club
Lustmord 40K Burger ClubLustmord 40K Burger ClubLustmord 40K Burger ClubLustmord 40K Burger ClubLustmord 40K Burger ClubLustmord 40K Burger ClubLustmord 40K Burger ClubLustmord 40K Burger ClubLustmord 40K Burger ClubLustmord 40K Burger ClubLustmord 40K Burger ClubLustmord 40K Burger ClubLustmord 40K Burger Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bino22_ View Post
I'm definitely picking up the Ulcerate album and I'll check out the others that I haven't heard yet. Thanks.

If you need more info, i reviewed everything except the Augury at teeth of the divine.com and the Kalisia at metalreview.com
Lustmord is offline Reply With Quote

Old 07-25-2009, 02:37 PM   #128

BayouSaint is an unknown quantity at this point
What's up 'Mord?
BayouSaint is offline Reply With Quote

Old 07-25-2009, 03:02 PM   #129

Lustmord 40K Burger ClubLustmord 40K Burger ClubLustmord 40K Burger ClubLustmord 40K Burger ClubLustmord 40K Burger ClubLustmord 40K Burger ClubLustmord 40K Burger Club
Lustmord 40K Burger ClubLustmord 40K Burger ClubLustmord 40K Burger ClubLustmord 40K Burger ClubLustmord 40K Burger ClubLustmord 40K Burger ClubLustmord 40K Burger ClubLustmord 40K Burger ClubLustmord 40K Burger ClubLustmord 40K Burger ClubLustmord 40K Burger ClubLustmord 40K Burger ClubLustmord 40K Burger Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayouSaint View Post
What's up 'Mord?
hey man- whats up? - glad you are still alive

Old 07-25-2009, 05:38 PM   #130

BayouSaint is an unknown quantity at this point
Just been away from the board for a while. You still writing reviews?
BayouSaint is offline Reply With Quote

Old 07-25-2009, 09:46 PM   #131

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayouSaint View Post
Just been away from the board for a while. You still writing reviews?
Oh yeah. Just at teethofthedivine.co and Metalreview .com since Metal maniacs and Unrestrained magazines folded

Old 08-12-2009, 10:48 AM   #132
Veteran

bino22_ is a BEAST!bino22_ is a BEAST!bino22_ is a BEAST!bino22_ is a BEAST!bino22_ is a BEAST!bino22_ is a BEAST!bino22_ is a BEAST!bino22_ is a BEAST!bino22_ is a BEAST!bino22_ is a BEAST!bino22_ is a BEAST!
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lustmord View Post
S0 far Ive got these albums tagged as best of 2009 in my ipod:

Woe of Tyrants "Kingdom of Might"
Augury "Fragmentory Existence"
Ulcerate "Everything is Fire"
Obscura "Cosmogenesis"
Be'lakor "Stones Reach"
Insomnium "Across teh Dark"
Alestorm "Black Sails at Midnight"
Wolves in the Throne Room "Black Cascade"
Kalisia "Cybion"
Just got the Augury album and I like it a lot. It'll be in my rotation for a while.

As for Ulcerate's album, I don't even have words for it. I've had to pry myself away from it just so that I could get day to day tasks done. I don't think it'll be topped by anything else this year (though I'm looking forward to seeing if Nile and Between the Buried and Me can give it a run for it's money.)
bino22_ is offline Reply With Quote

Old 08-12-2009, 11:12 AM   #133
ALL-MADDEN TEAM

XXXtraAnchovies has disabled reputation
amazingly i had never heard carnivore before last week. since then, it has been in my cd player. race war is a perfect song.
XXXtraAnchovies is offline Reply With Quote

Old 08-12-2009, 11:18 AM   #134

Quote:
Just got the Augury album and I like it a lot. It'll be in my rotation for a while.

As for Ulcerate's album, I don't even have words for it. I've had to pry myself away from it just so that I could get day to day tasks done. I don't think it'll be topped by anything else this year (though I'm looking forward to seeing if Nile and Between the Buried and Me can give it a run for it's money.)
its been an execptional year for technical death metal- Obscura, Ulcerate, Augury, Fleshgod Apocalypse and now the the new Gorod, "Process of a new Decline"

Old 08-13-2009, 10:20 AM   #135

Quote:
I'm still letting this disc sink in, but the last track caught my attention too.

Hey Erik, do you know if you or anybody on Teeth of the Divine is going to review these guys' record, "The Oncoming Swarm"?
Hey Bino- here my review of Imbroglio's "The Oncoming Swarm"

http://teethofthedivine.com/site/rev...ncoming-swarm/

Old 08-13-2009, 06:32 PM   #136
Veteran

bino22_ is a BEAST!bino22_ is a BEAST!bino22_ is a BEAST!bino22_ is a BEAST!bino22_ is a BEAST!bino22_ is a BEAST!bino22_ is a BEAST!bino22_ is a BEAST!bino22_ is a BEAST!bino22_ is a BEAST!bino22_ is a BEAST!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lustmord View Post
Hey Bino- here my review of Imbroglio's "The Oncoming Swarm"

http://teethofthedivine.com/site/rev...ncoming-swarm/
Yeah, I saw that while I was at work. Great review. Glad that you enjoyed it.
bino22_ is offline Reply With Quote

Old 08-21-2009, 07:40 AM   #137
ALL-MADDEN TEAM

XXXtraAnchovies has disabled reputation
FKU-where moshers dwell. ****ing awesome. the best thrash album i have heard in 10 years (i think thats when their last album was released)
XXXtraAnchovies is offline Reply With Quote

Old 08-23-2009, 11:22 PM   #138

SaintZach is on a distinguished roadSaintZach is on a distinguished road
Older In Flames. . . . hands down, Dark Tranquility, Amon Amarth, good Melo Death, even older, and I MEAN older Children of Bodom, a lot of their new stuff aint too great imo, but thats some good stuff :-) also some folk metal like finntroll or pagen reign, haha great guitar but really weird ****, not for the faint at heart, and then you bust in some reggae like The Expendables, there like hybrid metal/reggae, pretty cool, and a band called The bandgeek Mafia, there like Ska Metal, pretty cool, check the isht out yall
SaintZach is offline Reply With Quote

Old 08-23-2009, 11:36 PM   #139
Hall-of-Famer

Mauer is a splendid one to beholdMauer is a splendid one to beholdMauer is a splendid one to behold
Mauer is a splendid one to beholdMauer is a splendid one to beholdMauer is a splendid one to beholdMauer is a splendid one to beholdMauer is a splendid one to beholdMauer is a splendid one to beholdMauer is a splendid one to beholdMauer is a splendid one to beholdMauer is a splendid one to beholdMauer is a splendid one to beholdMauer is a splendid one to beholdMauer is a splendid one to beholdMauer is a splendid one to beholdMauer is a splendid one to beholdMauer is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintZach View Post
Older In Flames. . . . hands down, Dark Tranquility, Amon Amarth, good Melo Death, even older, and I MEAN older Children of Bodom, a lot of their new stuff aint too great imo, but thats some good stuff :-) also some folk metal like finntroll or pagen reign, haha great guitar but really weird ****, not for the faint at heart, and then you bust in some reggae like The Expendables, there like hybrid metal/reggae, pretty cool, and a band called The bandgeek Mafia, there like Ska Metal, pretty cool, check the isht out yall
Colony and Clayman are my 2 favorite In Flames albums. I think Gojira sounds a lot like old school In Flames. Dark Tranquility is great.
Mauer is offline Reply With Quote

Old 08-23-2009, 11:43 PM   #140

SaintZach is on a distinguished roadSaintZach is on a distinguished road
Clayman is good, Colony had to grow on me but Whoracle by far is the best, Episode 666 is pretty much the definition of metal, the and Food for the Gods? that whole album is classic, but ya, the more I listen to Colony the more I like it, the instrumental at the end is sweet
SaintZach is offline Reply With Quote