New Page 1
home Steve Gleasons Website
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Go Back   New Orleans Saints - Saints Report - Message Boards > GENERAL > Music Board

Google Ads
Sponsored Ads

Old 05-08-2009, 12:43 AM   #29

eyehatethefalcons will become famous soon enougheyehatethefalcons will become famous soon enougheyehatethefalcons will become famous soon enougheyehatethefalcons will become famous soon enougheyehatethefalcons will become famous soon enougheyehatethefalcons will become famous soon enougheyehatethefalcons will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lustmord View Post
I never got into Today is the Day for some reason, though i admire and respect Steve Austin
yeah, he's a definite beast and if i'm not mistaken, i think he produced a lamb of god album. i'm not really into them much, but i know they're pretty popular.
eyehatethefalcons is offline Reply With Quote

Old 05-08-2009, 02:11 AM   #30

eyehatethefalcons will become famous soon enougheyehatethefalcons will become famous soon enougheyehatethefalcons will become famous soon enougheyehatethefalcons will become famous soon enougheyehatethefalcons will become famous soon enougheyehatethefalcons will become famous soon enougheyehatethefalcons will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lustmord View Post
Picking up the new Isis later today- from the stream it sounds better than "in the absence...", but still no Oceanic

for those interested there is a list to end all lists at teethofthedivine.com today

its 5 favorite metal albums of all time, from (some famous) band members, label execs and the folsk that actually make the metal- its a pretty interesting and exhaustive list
the red sea and oceanic are definitely their two best albums in my opinion. i think oceanic is where they really started to mix the ambient stuff in.

Old 05-08-2009, 10:36 AM   #31
The Scourge of Christians

Lustmord is an Sr.com Hall of FamerLustmord is an Sr.com Hall of FamerLustmord is an Sr.com Hall of FamerLustmord is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Lustmord is an Sr.com Hall of FamerLustmord is an Sr.com Hall of FamerLustmord is an Sr.com Hall of FamerLustmord is an Sr.com Hall of FamerLustmord is an Sr.com Hall of FamerLustmord is an Sr.com Hall of FamerLustmord is an Sr.com Hall of FamerLustmord is an Sr.com Hall of FamerLustmord is an Sr.com Hall of FamerLustmord is an Sr.com Hall of FamerLustmord is an Sr.com Hall of FamerLustmord is an Sr.com Hall of FamerLustmord is an Sr.com Hall of FamerLustmord is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeauxSaints53 View Post
Which All Shall Perish album do you guys like better- The Price of Existence or Awaken the Dreamers?
"The Price of Existence" - hands down- it was actually my top album of 2006

Interesting to see how they progress with Chris Storey out of the fold- once he joined for "TPoE", the band improved vastly from "Hale . Malice. Revenge" with all the solos and melody
Lustmord is online now Reply With Quote

Old 05-12-2009, 08:41 AM   #32

Lustmord is an Sr.com Hall of FamerLustmord is an Sr.com Hall of FamerLustmord is an Sr.com Hall of FamerLustmord is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Lustmord is an Sr.com Hall of FamerLustmord is an Sr.com Hall of FamerLustmord is an Sr.com Hall of FamerLustmord is an Sr.com Hall of FamerLustmord is an Sr.com Hall of FamerLustmord is an Sr.com Hall of FamerLustmord is an Sr.com Hall of FamerLustmord is an Sr.com Hall of FamerLustmord is an Sr.com Hall of FamerLustmord is an Sr.com Hall of FamerLustmord is an Sr.com Hall of FamerLustmord is an Sr.com Hall of FamerLustmord is an Sr.com Hall of FamerLustmord is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Got the new Obituary yesterday as well as Blood Tsumani, 1349 and my Kalisia Cd arrived

Old 05-12-2009, 10:16 AM   #33
Boom Box

GhostFace is a true SaintGhostFace is a true Saint
GhostFace is a true SaintGhostFace is a true SaintGhostFace is a true SaintGhostFace is a true SaintGhostFace is a true SaintGhostFace is a true SaintGhostFace is a true SaintGhostFace is a true SaintGhostFace is a true Saint
oh yeah

GhostFace is offline Reply With Quote

Old 05-12-2009, 10:26 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostFace View Post
oh yeah
&nbsp
&nbsp
that song has some of the baddest riffs i've ever heard. jimmy bower is the man.

Old 05-12-2009, 10:58 AM   #35
Boom Box

GhostFace is a true SaintGhostFace is a true SaintGhostFace is a true SaintGhostFace is a true SaintGhostFace is a true SaintGhostFace is a true SaintGhostFace is a true SaintGhostFace is a true SaintGhostFace is a true Saint
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyehatethefalcons View Post
that song has some of the baddest riffs i've ever heard. jimmy bower is the man.
agreed. i figured you would respond because of ya screen name. I wonder how many get it? very nice

Old 05-12-2009, 11:25 AM   #36

Have you guys heard Outlaw Order? its basically the EHG line-up and the same sound

http://www.myspace.com/outlaworder

Old 05-12-2009, 12:08 PM   #37
Boom Box

yeah I saw them open for hankIII.great show.There is also analcun#.

Old 05-14-2009, 08:54 AM   #38

I friend of me recently asked me to make a metal compilation for him, which promted me to make a mix of my own, something I haee not done it a while.

I know you all do it. Death metal compliation, black metal complation, road trip compilation

God i hope im not the only one

Im pretty cyclic with my compilations. However, In my car I have some permanent ones- a classic death metal compilation CD, a metalcore compilation and a folk /Viking compilation.

here (at least going of memory -cos I dont have the cds right here in front of me) are the ones I have right now

Death Metal Compilation CD

Amorphis - Black Winter Day
Autopsy - Pagan Savior
Benediction - Jumping at shadows
Brutality - Crushed
Carcass- Coporeal Jigsaw Quandry
Death - Born Dead
Dismember - Bleed For Me
Behemoth - Zos Kia Cultus
Entombed - Bitter Loss
Grave - Youll Never See
Hollenthon - The Calm Before the Storm
Hyppocrisy - Take the throne
Gorefest - The Glorious Dead
Morbid Angel - God of Emptiness
Neuraxis - Truth Beyond
Obituary - Memories Remain

metalcore compilation (again based on memory)

Poison the Well - Bathcla
Prayer for Cleansing - When the Sun Kisses the Morning
Unearth - The Charm
She Killed Poetry - breath of Life
Between the Buried and me- Mordacai
Glass Casket- In Between the sheets
Life in Your Way - Light of Mine
Hamartia - So Hard to Find
Fear my Thoughts - Nothing that could be compared
Dead Man in Reno - Cursed
Dead to Fall - Eternal Gates of Hell
Nehemiah- A Virgin Burial
Bleeding Through - Wake of Orion
Rifles at Recess -My Apologies to the Walking Dead
The Showdown - Hell cant stop us Now
Undying - Teratisms

Folk Viking metal compilation

Abigor - the rising of our tribe
Bal- Sagoth - The Dark Liege of Chaos is Unleashed At the Ensorcelled Shrine of A'Zura Kai (The Splendour of a Thousand Swords Gleaming Beneath the Blazon of the Hyperborean Empire: Part II)
Amon Amarth - Victory march
Finntroll - Slaget Vid Blodsalv
Equilibrium - Met
Forefather - the shieldwall
Mithotyn - Hail Me
Thyrfing - From the Wilderness came death
Suidakra - the fall of tara
Korpiklaani - beer, beer
Lumsk - lytinne två
Unleashed - Hero of the land
Moonsowrrow - Tulkaapa Äijät
Vintersorg - Till Fjälls

However, this weekend i got hammered and put together a tried to change things up a bit and make some compilations of other stuff, noit allowed to use anyhtihg from above and i came up with this 37 track, 2 CD compilation for my car and for my ipod covering pretty much everything and more newer stuff of songs that just make me ****ing happy

CD1
Alestorm - Wolves of the Sea
A Day to Remember - The Downfall of us all
All Shall perish - We Hold These Truths
Deicide - Crucified for the Innocence
God Dethroned - Nihilism
Ignite - Strength
Impending Doom - Anything Goes
Nodes of Ranvier - Purpose in Pain
Odium - Serenitys End
Origin - The Aftermath
Pro Pain - Pound for Pound
Rose Funeral - Left to Rot
Satyricon - KING
Soulfly - the prophet
Suidakra - The IXth Legion
Thy Disease - last of the Mohicans
Thyrane - Travesty of Heavenly Essence
Walpurgisnacht -Duyvelsrit der Bockereyders
Woe of Tyrants - Soli Deo Gloria

CD2
Gorefest - for the masses
Finsterforst - Rauschende Nächte
Between the Buried and Me - The primer
Crowbar - Decembers Spawn
Decembers Wolves - mY Bible
Dew Scented - Feeling Not
Thyrane - Dance In The Air
Grave - Restrained
Hirestsukan - Tight, not touching
If he Dies, He dies - Feels Like The First Time
The Kovenant - New World Order
Life in your Way - the shame
Necrophobic - art of rebellion
Thyrane - Phantasmal Paranoia
Samothrace - Awkward Hearts
Spite Extreme Wing - IX
Rapture - nameless
Thyrane - Legacy of Saints in Disguise

and I realized - do i really like Thyrane that much?

Old 05-14-2009, 10:31 AM   #39
Shimmy Shimmy

ole dirt mcgirt is a splendid one to beholdole dirt mcgirt is a splendid one to beholdole dirt mcgirt is a splendid one to behold
ole dirt mcgirt is a splendid one to beholdole dirt mcgirt is a splendid one to beholdole dirt mcgirt is a splendid one to beholdole dirt mcgirt is a splendid one to beholdole dirt mcgirt is a splendid one to beholdole dirt mcgirt is a splendid one to beholdole dirt mcgirt is a splendid one to beholdole dirt mcgirt is a splendid one to beholdole dirt mcgirt is a splendid one to beholdole dirt mcgirt is a splendid one to beholdole dirt mcgirt is a splendid one to behold
Whats everyone's top three bands?

Mine

1. Slayer
2. Killswitch
3. The Human Abstract

Old 05-14-2009, 10:35 AM   #40

Ever?

1) Entombed
2) Dismember
3) Gorefest

right now?

1) Between the Buried and Me
2) Alestorm
3) Wolves in the Throne Room

Old 05-14-2009, 05:46 PM   #41
Veteran

bino22_ is on a distinguished roadbino22_ is on a distinguished roadbino22_ is on a distinguished roadbino22_ is on a distinguished roadbino22_ is on a distinguished roadbino22_ is on a distinguished road
My top two:
1. Opeth
2. Isis

Hard for me to pick a third favorite. Probably Mastodon, Nile, or Between the Buried an Me.
bino22_ is offline Reply With Quote

Old 05-15-2009, 02:23 PM   #42
Hall-of-Famer

SinnerSaint will become famous soon enoughSinnerSaint will become famous soon enoughSinnerSaint will become famous soon enoughSinnerSaint will become famous soon enoughSinnerSaint will become famous soon enoughSinnerSaint will become famous soon enoughSinnerSaint will become famous soon enoughSinnerSaint will become famous soon enough
My top 3:

1. RATM
2. Hatebreed
3. Disturbed