Saintsreport.com Forums
home Steve Gleasons Website
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Do you want to remove the ads? Support the site by becoming a subscribing member.

Go Back   New Orleans Saints - Saints Report - Message Boards > GENERAL > Music Board

Old 05-15-2009, 02:37 PM   #43
Ridin' a Stutz Bearcat

saintmdterps Prestigious Platinum Club Membersaintmdterps Prestigious Platinum Club Membersaintmdterps Prestigious Platinum Club Membersaintmdterps Prestigious Platinum Club Membersaintmdterps Prestigious Platinum Club Membersaintmdterps Prestigious Platinum Club Membersaintmdterps Prestigious Platinum Club Member
saintmdterps Prestigious Platinum Club Membersaintmdterps Prestigious Platinum Club Membersaintmdterps Prestigious Platinum Club Membersaintmdterps Prestigious Platinum Club Membersaintmdterps Prestigious Platinum Club Membersaintmdterps Prestigious Platinum Club Membersaintmdterps Prestigious Platinum Club Membersaintmdterps Prestigious Platinum Club Membersaintmdterps Prestigious Platinum Club Membersaintmdterps Prestigious Platinum Club Membersaintmdterps Prestigious Platinum Club Membersaintmdterps Prestigious Platinum Club Member
I'm more a fan of classic metal--Judas Priest, Motorhead, Accept, old BOC, old Scorpions, etc.

IMHO, Motorhead's "Ace of Spades" on No Sleep 'til Hammersmith still wears the crown of "Best metal song of all time" followed closely by Scorpions "Speedy's Coming" on Tokyo Tapes.

Last edited by saintmdterps; 05-16-2009 at 07:09 AM. Reason: grammar
saintmdterps is offline Reply With Quote

Old 05-16-2009, 11:41 PM   #44
Boom Box

GhostFace is a true SaintGhostFace is a true SaintGhostFace is a true Saint
GhostFace is a true SaintGhostFace is a true SaintGhostFace is a true SaintGhostFace is a true SaintGhostFace is a true SaintGhostFace is a true Saint
threadjack...
GhostFace is offline Reply With Quote

Old 05-18-2009, 08:21 AM   #45
The Scourge of Christians

Lustmord 50K Burger ClubLustmord 50K Burger ClubLustmord 50K Burger ClubLustmord 50K Burger Club
Lustmord 50K Burger ClubLustmord 50K Burger ClubLustmord 50K Burger ClubLustmord 50K Burger ClubLustmord 50K Burger ClubLustmord 50K Burger ClubLustmord 50K Burger ClubLustmord 50K Burger ClubLustmord 50K Burger ClubLustmord 50K Burger ClubLustmord 50K Burger Club
great metal weekend- I got a promo of teh new Alestorm and Tyr albums, plus

Nice little used CD haul yesterday:

1349- Hellfire
Coffins - Buried Death
Soul Forsaken - Tales of the Macabre
Ocean - Where Where Nothing Grows
Buried at Sea - S/t
Satyricon - Rebel, Extravaganza
Kingston Falls - A Crescendon of Sirens

paid 15.00 cos of trade in credit i had
Lustmord is offline Reply With Quote

Old 05-18-2009, 01:47 PM   #46
Veteran

bino22_ is a BEAST!bino22_ is a BEAST!bino22_ is a BEAST!bino22_ is a BEAST!bino22_ is a BEAST!bino22_ is a BEAST!bino22_ is a BEAST!bino22_ is a BEAST!bino22_ is a BEAST!bino22_ is a BEAST!bino22_ is a BEAST!
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lustmord View Post
Seeing as last one is gone

ALL metal heads should check out a French bands called Kalisia and thier debut Cd "Cybion"

its a 20 part, 70 minute concept album of progressive metal, with synths orchestra feamle vocals, some death meral vocals and clean vocals

truly one of the most ambitious and amazing things Ive heard in years.

www.kalisia.com
or if you search on youtube you can hear about half of the album
So, I just read your review on MetalReview and this sounds awesome! I listened to a couple of tracks on Youtube and immediately ordered this one. Sounds like a definite album of the year contender.
bino22_ is offline Reply With Quote

Old 05-18-2009, 01:56 PM   #47
GeauxSaints53

Xerxes is an Sr.com Hall of FamerXerxes is an Sr.com Hall of FamerXerxes is an Sr.com Hall of FamerXerxes is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Xerxes is an Sr.com Hall of FamerXerxes is an Sr.com Hall of FamerXerxes is an Sr.com Hall of FamerXerxes is an Sr.com Hall of FamerXerxes is an Sr.com Hall of FamerXerxes is an Sr.com Hall of FamerXerxes is an Sr.com Hall of FamerXerxes is an Sr.com Hall of FamerXerxes is an Sr.com Hall of FamerXerxes is an Sr.com Hall of FamerXerxes is an Sr.com Hall of FamerXerxes is an Sr.com Hall of FamerXerxes is an Sr.com Hall of FamerXerxes is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
My Top 5:

1. Avenged Sevenfold
2. Whitechapel
3. Emmure
4. Dr. Acula
5. Protest the Hero

Old 05-21-2009, 12:01 PM   #48
Veteran

bino22_ is a BEAST!bino22_ is a BEAST!bino22_ is a BEAST!bino22_ is a BEAST!bino22_ is a BEAST!bino22_ is a BEAST!bino22_ is a BEAST!bino22_ is a BEAST!bino22_ is a BEAST!bino22_ is a BEAST!bino22_ is a BEAST!
Thumbs up

I saw Isis last night, they played with Pelican and Tombs. Isis played 5 songs from their new record, Tombs was excellent, and I had never really cared for Pelican before but after last night I'll definitely go back and check out some of their songs.
bino22_ is offline Reply With Quote

Old 05-21-2009, 04:12 PM   #49

Lustmord 50K Burger ClubLustmord 50K Burger ClubLustmord 50K Burger ClubLustmord 50K Burger Club
Lustmord 50K Burger ClubLustmord 50K Burger ClubLustmord 50K Burger ClubLustmord 50K Burger ClubLustmord 50K Burger ClubLustmord 50K Burger ClubLustmord 50K Burger ClubLustmord 50K Burger ClubLustmord 50K Burger ClubLustmord 50K Burger ClubLustmord 50K Burger Club
you guys who like Opeth need to check out an American band called Gwynbleidd- their new album "Nostalgia" comes out soon and is pure oepth worhsip, but a little less light stuff

Old 05-21-2009, 10:28 PM   #50
GeauxSaints53

Xerxes is an Sr.com Hall of FamerXerxes is an Sr.com Hall of FamerXerxes is an Sr.com Hall of FamerXerxes is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Xerxes is an Sr.com Hall of FamerXerxes is an Sr.com Hall of FamerXerxes is an Sr.com Hall of FamerXerxes is an Sr.com Hall of FamerXerxes is an Sr.com Hall of FamerXerxes is an Sr.com Hall of FamerXerxes is an Sr.com Hall of FamerXerxes is an Sr.com Hall of FamerXerxes is an Sr.com Hall of FamerXerxes is an Sr.com Hall of FamerXerxes is an Sr.com Hall of FamerXerxes is an Sr.com Hall of FamerXerxes is an Sr.com Hall of FamerXerxes is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Death metal people:

I have nothing to do with this band but I have met them. They're a band near me but it is just totally mind-numbing how talented these kids are!

www.myspace.com/calculatinggenocide

It's this kind of band that deserves to be signed not those p.o.s. scene kid metal bands.

Old 05-22-2009, 08:47 AM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeauxSaints53 View Post
Death metal people:

I have nothing to do with this band but I have met them. They're a band near me but it is just totally mind-numbing how talented these kids are!

www.myspace.com/calculatinggenocide

It's this kind of band that deserves to be signed not those p.o.s. scene kid metal bands.
will check em out and contact em tonight

Old 05-26-2009, 03:43 PM   #52

ole dirt mcgirt is a splendid one to beholdole dirt mcgirt is a splendid one to beholdole dirt mcgirt is a splendid one to behold
ole dirt mcgirt is a splendid one to beholdole dirt mcgirt is a splendid one to beholdole dirt mcgirt is a splendid one to beholdole dirt mcgirt is a splendid one to beholdole dirt mcgirt is a splendid one to beholdole dirt mcgirt is a splendid one to beholdole dirt mcgirt is a splendid one to beholdole dirt mcgirt is a splendid one to beholdole dirt mcgirt is a splendid one to beholdole dirt mcgirt is a splendid one to beholdole dirt mcgirt is a splendid one to beholdole dirt mcgirt is a splendid one to beholdole dirt mcgirt is a splendid one to behold
ole dirt mcgirt is offline Reply With Quote

Old 05-27-2009, 04:43 PM   #53

The Devil Wears Prada would be so much better if they didnt have those awful emo vocals

Old 05-27-2009, 05:28 PM   #54
GeauxSaints53

Quote:
The Devil Wears Prada would be so much better if they didnt have those awful emo vocals
100% agree.

Old 05-27-2009, 06:39 PM   #55

ole dirt mcgirt is a splendid one to beholdole dirt mcgirt is a splendid one to beholdole dirt mcgirt is a splendid one to behold
ole dirt mcgirt is a splendid one to beholdole dirt mcgirt is a splendid one to beholdole dirt mcgirt is a splendid one to beholdole dirt mcgirt is a splendid one to beholdole dirt mcgirt is a splendid one to beholdole dirt mcgirt is a splendid one to beholdole dirt mcgirt is a splendid one to beholdole dirt mcgirt is a splendid one to beholdole dirt mcgirt is a splendid one to beholdole dirt mcgirt is a splendid one to beholdole dirt mcgirt is a splendid one to beholdole dirt mcgirt is a splendid one to beholdole dirt mcgirt is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Thats my only problem with them also...I did seem them at warped tour last year and they were pretty good.

Last edited by ole dirt mcgirt; 05-27-2009 at 07:11 PM.

Old 05-27-2009, 06:53 PM   #56

A couple more of my favorite bands.

Between the Buried and Me

Evergreen Terrace

Every Time I Die

Bullet for My Valentine

As I Lay Dying