Saintsreport.com Forums
home Steve Gleasons Website
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Do you want to remove the ads? Support the site by becoming a subscribing member.

Go Back   New Orleans Saints - Saints Report - Message Boards > GENERAL > Music Board

Old 05-27-2009, 06:57 PM   #57
All-Pro

jboss is a BEAST!jboss is a BEAST!jboss is a BEAST!jboss is a BEAST!jboss is a BEAST!jboss is a BEAST!jboss is a BEAST!jboss is a BEAST!jboss is a BEAST!jboss is a BEAST!jboss is a BEAST!
Quote:
Originally Posted by army_saintsaholic View Post
A couple more of my favorite bands.

Between the Buried and Me

Evergreen Terrace

Every Time I Die

Bullet for My Valentine

As I Lay Dying
While I like all of them, I wouldn't really consider any of 'em metal.

"And let endurance have its perfect result, so that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing." - James 1:4
jboss is offline Reply With Quote

Old 05-27-2009, 07:09 PM   #58

ole dirt mcgirt is a splendid one to beholdole dirt mcgirt is a splendid one to beholdole dirt mcgirt is a splendid one to behold
ole dirt mcgirt is a splendid one to beholdole dirt mcgirt is a splendid one to beholdole dirt mcgirt is a splendid one to beholdole dirt mcgirt is a splendid one to beholdole dirt mcgirt is a splendid one to beholdole dirt mcgirt is a splendid one to beholdole dirt mcgirt is a splendid one to beholdole dirt mcgirt is a splendid one to beholdole dirt mcgirt is a splendid one to beholdole dirt mcgirt is a splendid one to beholdole dirt mcgirt is a splendid one to beholdole dirt mcgirt is a splendid one to beholdole dirt mcgirt is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by jboss View Post

Yea I guess you could say that....I don't really worry about the category the music is put in though. I just wanna rock my friend....
ole dirt mcgirt is offline Reply With Quote

Old 05-27-2009, 07:58 PM   #59
Super Forum Fanatic

TheMike62987 is a true SaintTheMike62987 is a true SaintTheMike62987 is a true Saint
TheMike62987 is a true SaintTheMike62987 is a true SaintTheMike62987 is a true SaintTheMike62987 is a true Saint
Quote:
Originally Posted by jboss View Post
So what would you consider As I Lay Dying and Between The Buried and Me?
TheMike62987 is offline Reply With Quote

Old 05-27-2009, 08:40 PM   #60
Veteran

bino22_ is a BEAST!bino22_ is a BEAST!bino22_ is a BEAST!bino22_ is a BEAST!bino22_ is a BEAST!bino22_ is a BEAST!bino22_ is a BEAST!bino22_ is a BEAST!bino22_ is a BEAST!bino22_ is a BEAST!bino22_ is a BEAST!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMike62987 View Post
So what would you consider As I Lay Dying and Between The Buried and Me?
I agree. BTBAM definitely falls under the metal category even though they incorporate a lot of different styles in their music.
bino22_ is offline Reply With Quote

Old 05-28-2009, 04:01 PM   #61
The Scourge of Christians

Lustmord 50K Burger ClubLustmord 50K Burger ClubLustmord 50K Burger ClubLustmord 50K Burger Club
Lustmord 50K Burger ClubLustmord 50K Burger ClubLustmord 50K Burger ClubLustmord 50K Burger ClubLustmord 50K Burger ClubLustmord 50K Burger ClubLustmord 50K Burger ClubLustmord 50K Burger ClubLustmord 50K Burger ClubLustmord 50K Burger ClubLustmord 50K Burger Club
NP: The new Suffocation "Blood Oath"

Awesome. it took three albums, but they are back with a vengeance
Lustmord is offline Reply With Quote

Old 05-29-2009, 10:22 AM   #62
Through Thick and Thin

Saintster is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSaintster is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSaintster is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Saintster is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSaintster is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSaintster is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSaintster is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSaintster is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSaintster is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSaintster is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSaintster is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
I just checked out isis they kick ***.great band! good mountain biking music.

Old 05-29-2009, 03:29 PM   #63
Veteran

bino22_ is a BEAST!bino22_ is a BEAST!bino22_ is a BEAST!bino22_ is a BEAST!bino22_ is a BEAST!bino22_ is a BEAST!bino22_ is a BEAST!bino22_ is a BEAST!bino22_ is a BEAST!bino22_ is a BEAST!bino22_ is a BEAST!

from Peaceville Records on Vimeo.

Old 05-29-2009, 04:01 PM   #64
Veteran

night_through is on a distinguished roadnight_through is on a distinguished roadnight_through is on a distinguished roadnight_through is on a distinguished road
1. The new SunnO))) is really a masterpiece. It definitely won't appeal to all metalheadz, but there is some great ***** going on there.

2. Wolves in the Throne Room- I still prefer Diadem of 12 Stars, but the other records are great as well. And they're playing in nola a week from today!

3. Nadja- anything and everything
night_through is offline Reply With Quote

Old 05-29-2009, 09:05 PM   #65

Lustmord 50K Burger ClubLustmord 50K Burger ClubLustmord 50K Burger ClubLustmord 50K Burger Club
Lustmord 50K Burger ClubLustmord 50K Burger ClubLustmord 50K Burger ClubLustmord 50K Burger ClubLustmord 50K Burger ClubLustmord 50K Burger ClubLustmord 50K Burger ClubLustmord 50K Burger ClubLustmord 50K Burger ClubLustmord 50K Burger ClubLustmord 50K Burger Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by night_through View Post
1. The new SunnO))) is really a masterpiece. It definitely won't appeal to all metalheadz, but there is some great ***** going on there.

2. Wolves in the Throne Room- I still prefer Diadem of 12 Stars, but the other records are great as well. And they're playing in nola a week from today!

3. Nadja- anything and everything
Ive never been a drone or Sunno))) fans, but the new one with choirs, horns and Attila's mad whispering make it a pretty powerful piece

WITTR can do no wrong- the new one is awesome, better than Twu hunters, but yeah, its no Diadem

Old 05-29-2009, 09:35 PM   #66
Veteran

For people who like doom, here's a new band that I like. They're debut album came out on Tuesday. I haven't received mine yet but I bought their demo a while back and it was pretty awesome.

Dark Castle

Also, waiting on the new Minsk to arrive and I'm looking forward to the new Yob.

Lustmord, I just got my copy of Kalisia's "Cybion". So far it sounds great.

Old 05-30-2009, 12:16 PM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by bino22_ View Post
For people who like doom, here's a new band that I like. They're debut album came out on Tuesday. I haven't received mine yet but I bought their demo a while back and it was pretty awesome.

Dark Castle

Also, waiting on the new Minsk to arrive and I'm looking forward to the new Yob.

Ive had that Dark Castle for a while- its alright- not great- the Samothrace is far better- Im hoping to get the new Minsk soon

And yeah That Kalisia is definitely going to be one of my top albums of the year

Old 06-07-2009, 08:35 PM   #68

you guys that like The Devil Wears Prada might like this (same label- same emo-breakdown/ clean voc)

the band is called Attack Attack!- watch for the guitar move at :58 and the dance break at the end

Old 06-19-2009, 09:51 PM   #69
How's ya momma an dem?

AsaPW is a true SaintAsaPW is a true SaintAsaPW is a true SaintAsaPW is a true Saint
AsaPW is a true SaintAsaPW is a true SaintAsaPW is a true SaintAsaPW is a true SaintAsaPW is a true SaintAsaPW is a true SaintAsaPW is a true SaintAsaPW is a true SaintAsaPW is a true SaintAsaPW is a true SaintAsaPW is a true SaintAsaPW is a true SaintAsaPW is a true SaintAsaPW is a true SaintAsaPW is a true Saint
I'm just starting to get into Lamb of God. They rock.
AsaPW is offline Reply With Quote

Old 06-22-2009, 10:28 AM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by bino22_ View Post

Dark Castle

My Dark Castle review: http://teethofthedivine.com/site/rev...ted-migration/

I got the new YOB in the mail on Saturday