Saintsreport.com Forums
home Steve Gleasons Website
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Do you want to remove the ads? Support the site by becoming a subscribing member.

Go Back   New Orleans Saints - Saints Report - Message Boards > GENERAL > Music Board

Old 06-24-2009, 04:31 PM   #85
Pecking Order
Othello Champion

kcirdor Prestigious Gold Club Memberkcirdor Prestigious Gold Club Memberkcirdor Prestigious Gold Club Memberkcirdor Prestigious Gold Club Member
kcirdor Prestigious Gold Club Memberkcirdor Prestigious Gold Club Memberkcirdor Prestigious Gold Club Memberkcirdor Prestigious Gold Club Memberkcirdor Prestigious Gold Club Memberkcirdor Prestigious Gold Club Memberkcirdor Prestigious Gold Club Memberkcirdor Prestigious Gold Club Memberkcirdor Prestigious Gold Club Member

no matter how much I hate the Cowboys, that is some good stuff. Im impressed.
kcirdor is offline Reply With Quote

Old 06-24-2009, 05:07 PM   #86
Cha-Champs

zorro37 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerzorro37 is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
zorro37 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerzorro37 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerzorro37 is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
You guys have pretty much got all the American metal stuff covered so I'll just put up local stuff I know. Ireland isn't really known for its metal, but the scene is there, it is just very hard for any band to break through.

Not a big metalcore guy, but this stuff has grown on me of late.
http://www.myspace.com/gacysthreads
Vocals put me off at the start, but I'm coming round to them a bit. They're just bringing out an EP now, and the lead track is awesome.

As I mentioned before, it is hard for any band to get attention in Northern Ireland, where local stuff is (much to my dissapointment) largely ignored by practically everyone. When that band plays metal, everything gets much harder. This band recently split up, I think because they just got sick of giving so much and getting so little. Their last work, 'Lonely Doom', is a real masterpiece that frankly little to no one has or ever will hear which is kind of sad.
www.myspace.com/badboat

There's also this cd I got recently from a band I have heard little of. I'll not pretend to know much about them, cause I don't, but it's good stuff. Really dynamic record. Band is Altar of Plagues, album's called 'White Tomb'
www.myspace.com/altarofplagues

Finally, while they probably aren't as heavy as you metalheads would appreciate, LaFaro, Adebesi Shank, and And So I Watch You From Afar are in rotation on my ipod right now. The last two are instrument post-metal, and the first are jawdroppingly heavy riffs with more mainstream type vocals and songs, but one of the best bands in the country full stop. Really believe ASIWYFA are one of the most fresh, hardworking, and talented bands in the world right now. No one will probably listen to me as I have went on about them before and started them a thread, but the emotions they evoke while still melting your face with some amazing dual guitarwork are unbelievable.

(Sorry about the italics BTW, they won't shut off).

Old 06-24-2009, 05:36 PM   #87
The Scourge of Christians

Lustmord 40K Burger ClubLustmord 40K Burger ClubLustmord 40K Burger ClubLustmord 40K Burger ClubLustmord 40K Burger ClubLustmord 40K Burger ClubLustmord 40K Burger Club
Lustmord 40K Burger ClubLustmord 40K Burger ClubLustmord 40K Burger ClubLustmord 40K Burger ClubLustmord 40K Burger ClubLustmord 40K Burger ClubLustmord 40K Burger ClubLustmord 40K Burger ClubLustmord 40K Burger ClubLustmord 40K Burger ClubLustmord 40K Burger ClubLustmord 40K Burger ClubLustmord 40K Burger Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorro37 View Post

There's also this cd I got recently from a band I have heard little of. I'll not pretend to know much about them, cause I don't, but it's good stuff. Really dynamic record. Band is Altar of Plagues, album's called 'White Tomb'
www.myspace.com/altarofplagues

You cant mention Ireland metal without mentioning Primordial one of the best bands going right now

Altar of Plagues are amazing:

http://teethofthedivine.com/site/rev...es-white-tomb/

As for Bring Me the Horizon-its standard hot topic metalcore/deathcore for kids- theres far better/heavier bands of the style out there
Lustmord is offline Reply With Quote

Old 07-01-2009, 03:33 PM   #88

Lustmord 40K Burger ClubLustmord 40K Burger ClubLustmord 40K Burger ClubLustmord 40K Burger ClubLustmord 40K Burger ClubLustmord 40K Burger ClubLustmord 40K Burger Club
Lustmord 40K Burger ClubLustmord 40K Burger ClubLustmord 40K Burger ClubLustmord 40K Burger ClubLustmord 40K Burger ClubLustmord 40K Burger ClubLustmord 40K Burger ClubLustmord 40K Burger ClubLustmord 40K Burger ClubLustmord 40K Burger ClubLustmord 40K Burger ClubLustmord 40K Burger ClubLustmord 40K Burger Club
New KsE came out yesterday as well as new Suicide Silence and Anaal Nathrakh

Old 07-06-2009, 04:18 PM   #89
Hall-of-Famer

Mauer is a splendid one to beholdMauer is a splendid one to beholdMauer is a splendid one to behold
Mauer is a splendid one to beholdMauer is a splendid one to beholdMauer is a splendid one to beholdMauer is a splendid one to beholdMauer is a splendid one to beholdMauer is a splendid one to beholdMauer is a splendid one to beholdMauer is a splendid one to beholdMauer is a splendid one to beholdMauer is a splendid one to beholdMauer is a splendid one to beholdMauer is a splendid one to beholdMauer is a splendid one to beholdMauer is a splendid one to beholdMauer is a splendid one to behold
Just got back from San Francisco and went to the Summer Slaughter fest, what a show. Dying Fetus, Origin, and Suffocation were BRUTAL, all had awesome shows. Darkest Hour was so good, they played mostly stuff from Undoing Ruin. After the Burial and Winds of Plague were kinda meh. I liked Born of Osiris and Beneath the Massacre a lot. It was a great time.

Last edited by Mauer; 07-06-2009 at 10:16 PM.
Mauer is offline Reply With Quote

Old 07-06-2009, 04:29 PM   #90
GeauxSaints53

Xerxes is an Sr.com Hall of FamerXerxes is an Sr.com Hall of FamerXerxes is an Sr.com Hall of FamerXerxes is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Xerxes is an Sr.com Hall of FamerXerxes is an Sr.com Hall of FamerXerxes is an Sr.com Hall of FamerXerxes is an Sr.com Hall of FamerXerxes is an Sr.com Hall of FamerXerxes is an Sr.com Hall of FamerXerxes is an Sr.com Hall of FamerXerxes is an Sr.com Hall of FamerXerxes is an Sr.com Hall of FamerXerxes is an Sr.com Hall of FamerXerxes is an Sr.com Hall of FamerXerxes is an Sr.com Hall of FamerXerxes is an Sr.com Hall of FamerXerxes is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
I'm gettin pumped for MayhemFest.

Main Stage
[edit] Jägermeister Stage
Hot Topic Stage
I'm probably gonna hit Whitechapel and TBDM, then AtR and Trivium, and somehow see Cannibal Corpse too.

Old 07-06-2009, 05:19 PM   #91

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeauxSaints53 View Post

Main Stage
Hot Topic Stage
I'm probably gonna hit Whitechapel and TBDM, then AtR and Trivium, and somehow see Cannibal Corpse too.
ya gotta see Behemoth dude- great live show- armor and all

Old 07-07-2009, 12:33 PM   #92

ole dirt mcgirt is a splendid one to beholdole dirt mcgirt is a splendid one to beholdole dirt mcgirt is a splendid one to behold
ole dirt mcgirt is a splendid one to beholdole dirt mcgirt is a splendid one to beholdole dirt mcgirt is a splendid one to beholdole dirt mcgirt is a splendid one to beholdole dirt mcgirt is a splendid one to beholdole dirt mcgirt is a splendid one to beholdole dirt mcgirt is a splendid one to beholdole dirt mcgirt is a splendid one to beholdole dirt mcgirt is a splendid one to beholdole dirt mcgirt is a splendid one to beholdole dirt mcgirt is a splendid one to beholdole dirt mcgirt is a splendid one to beholdole dirt mcgirt is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeauxSaints53 View Post

Main Stage
Hot Topic Stage

Some good ones there.
ole dirt mcgirt is offline Reply With Quote

Old 07-08-2009, 09:04 PM   #93
GeauxSaints53

Xerxes is an Sr.com Hall of FamerXerxes is an Sr.com Hall of FamerXerxes is an Sr.com Hall of FamerXerxes is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Xerxes is an Sr.com Hall of FamerXerxes is an Sr.com Hall of FamerXerxes is an Sr.com Hall of FamerXerxes is an Sr.com Hall of FamerXerxes is an Sr.com Hall of FamerXerxes is an Sr.com Hall of FamerXerxes is an Sr.com Hall of FamerXerxes is an Sr.com Hall of FamerXerxes is an Sr.com Hall of FamerXerxes is an Sr.com Hall of FamerXerxes is an Sr.com Hall of FamerXerxes is an Sr.com Hall of FamerXerxes is an Sr.com Hall of FamerXerxes is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Took me a while to figure this one out.

Old 07-10-2009, 09:54 PM   #94
Super Forum Fanatic

porculator 40K Burger Clubporculator 40K Burger Clubporculator 40K Burger Clubporculator 40K Burger Clubporculator 40K Burger Clubporculator 40K Burger Clubporculator 40K Burger Club
porculator 40K Burger Clubporculator 40K Burger Clubporculator 40K Burger Clubporculator 40K Burger Clubporculator 40K Burger Clubporculator 40K Burger Clubporculator 40K Burger Clubporculator 40K Burger Clubporculator 40K Burger Club
You got some sick double bass skills, very sharp
porculator is offline Reply With Quote

Old 07-14-2009, 04:32 PM   #95

Had a nice (but expensive) used haul while out of town yesterday, I owned some before and now im getting them back, some were new to me, so ive been jamming these:

Amon Amarth - The crusher
Amon Amarth- Fate of Norns
Sentenced - Amok/ Love and Death
Morning Again - As Tradition Slowly Dies
Death - Symbolic
Entombed - Morning Star
Decapitated- The Negation
Inevitable End - The Severed Inception
SWWAATS - blah blah whatever its called
Iron Maiden - powerslave
Grave - Dominion VIII

Old 07-14-2009, 05:03 PM   #96
ALL-MADDEN TEAM

XXXtraAnchovies has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lustmord View Post
Had a nice (but expensive) used haul while out of town yesterday, I owned some before and now im getting them back, some were new to me, so ive been jamming these:
Death - Symbolic-one of the best ever. chuck schulinder is a god
Entombed - Morning Star- these guys are still around? left hand path is killer, after that...
Decapitated- The Negation-drums were always too triggered for my taste
Grave - Dominion VIII-once again, didnt know these dudes were still kickin out the jams. swedish death metal rules!
replies in bold
XXXtraAnchovies is offline Reply With Quote

Old 07-14-2009, 08:22 PM   #97

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXtraAnchovies View Post
replies in bold
Yeah Symbolic was the only Death album i never heard- good stuff

Morning Star was Entombed best effort since Clandestine, (until last years Serpent Saints)- its wolverine Blues meets Clandestine

Grave have been steady at it since they started

Organic Hallucinosis was the only Decapitated I owned- im digging this one

Old 07-15-2009, 07:56 AM   #98
ALL-MADDEN TEAM

XXXtraAnchovies has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lustmord View Post
Yeah Symbolic was the only Death album i never heard- good stuff

Morning Star was Entombed best effort since Clandestine, (until last years Serpent Saints)- its wolverine Blues meets Clandestine

Grave have been steady at it since they started

Organic Hallucinosis was the only Decapitated I owned- im digging this one
dude, you ****ing rule. being able to admit that symbolic is the only death album you have heard, while writing reviews for a metal site takes ****ing balls. most people would just lie about to show how METAL they are. my hat goes off to you
XXXtraAnchovies is offline Reply With Quote