New Page 1
home Steve Gleasons Website
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Go Back   New Orleans Saints - Saints Report - Message Boards > GENERAL > Music Board

Google Ads
Sponsored Ads

Old 10-27-2006, 05:13 PM   #1
Bring 'Em To The Dome!

CanuckSaint26 has a spectacular aura aboutCanuckSaint26 has a spectacular aura aboutCanuckSaint26 has a spectacular aura aboutCanuckSaint26 has a spectacular aura aboutCanuckSaint26 has a spectacular aura aboutCanuckSaint26 has a spectacular aura aboutCanuckSaint26 has a spectacular aura aboutCanuckSaint26 has a spectacular aura aboutCanuckSaint26 has a spectacular aura aboutCanuckSaint26 has a spectacular aura aboutCanuckSaint26 has a spectacular aura aboutCanuckSaint26 has a spectacular aura aboutCanuckSaint26 has a spectacular aura about
What Song/Album Are You Listening To?

Very Simple, just a thread about what song you are currently listening to, usually reminds people of past songs that they used to enjoy, and just shows the taste of music of people.

When You Were Young - The Killers

followed by

Santeria - Sublime

Enjoy!
CanuckSaint26 is offline Reply With Quote

Old 10-27-2006, 05:19 PM   #2
Truth Addict

Location: Close enough to Atlanta to smell the stink of Falcons
V Chip Prestigious Gold Club MemberV Chip Prestigious Gold Club MemberV Chip Prestigious Gold Club MemberV Chip Prestigious Gold Club MemberV Chip Prestigious Gold Club MemberV Chip Prestigious Gold Club Member
V Chip Prestigious Gold Club Member
Code Monkey Like Fritos - Jonathan Coulton

and Corrine Bailey Rae's whole CD.

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it. -- Neil Degrasse Tyson

Did you find this post useful?    | 
V Chip is offline Reply With Quote

Old 10-27-2006, 05:23 PM   #3
Bring 'Em To The Dome!

CanuckSaint26 has a spectacular aura aboutCanuckSaint26 has a spectacular aura aboutCanuckSaint26 has a spectacular aura aboutCanuckSaint26 has a spectacular aura aboutCanuckSaint26 has a spectacular aura aboutCanuckSaint26 has a spectacular aura aboutCanuckSaint26 has a spectacular aura aboutCanuckSaint26 has a spectacular aura aboutCanuckSaint26 has a spectacular aura aboutCanuckSaint26 has a spectacular aura aboutCanuckSaint26 has a spectacular aura aboutCanuckSaint26 has a spectacular aura aboutCanuckSaint26 has a spectacular aura about
Mr. Jones - Counting Crows
CanuckSaint26 is offline Reply With Quote

Old 10-27-2006, 07:47 PM   #4
on my own ignore list

keefresh2 is a true Saintkeefresh2 is a true Saintkeefresh2 is a true Saintkeefresh2 is a true Saint
keefresh2 is a true Saintkeefresh2 is a true Saintkeefresh2 is a true Saintkeefresh2 is a true Saintkeefresh2 is a true Saintkeefresh2 is a true Saintkeefresh2 is a true Saintkeefresh2 is a true Saintkeefresh2 is a true Saintkeefresh2 is a true Saintkeefresh2 is a true Saint
Beck - Cellphone's Dead

keefresh2 is offline Reply With Quote

Old 10-27-2006, 08:22 PM   #5
MLU
Secular Humanist

MLU has disabled reputation
Clawfinger - Hate Yourself with Style
MLU is offline Reply With Quote

Old 10-27-2006, 08:27 PM   #6
Very Banned

Oates is an unknown quantity at this point
Hall and Oates: I Can't Go for That (No Can Do)
Oates is offline Reply With Quote

Old 10-27-2006, 08:41 PM   #7
Bring 'Em To The Dome!

Ready to Fall - Rise Against

Old 10-27-2006, 08:52 PM   #8
Resident Lurker

Fiyo is on a distinguished roadFiyo is on a distinguished roadFiyo is on a distinguished roadFiyo is on a distinguished roadFiyo is on a distinguished roadFiyo is on a distinguished roadFiyo is on a distinguished road
Listening to a Exile on Main Street tonight while at work at jamming on "Ventilator Blues"
Fiyo is offline Reply With Quote

Old 10-27-2006, 09:07 PM   #9
1958 - 1993

Waymer is a true SaintWaymer is a true SaintWaymer is a true SaintWaymer is a true SaintWaymer is a true Saint
Waymer is a true SaintWaymer is a true SaintWaymer is a true SaintWaymer is a true SaintWaymer is a true SaintWaymer is a true SaintWaymer is a true SaintWaymer is a true SaintWaymer is a true SaintWaymer is a true SaintWaymer is a true SaintWaymer is a true Saint
Last song was yesterday at the office: Sublime - Date Rape.
Waymer is offline Reply With Quote

Old 10-28-2006, 12:07 AM   #10
MLU
Secular Humanist

MLU has disabled reputation
Inspiration for the weekend? :dunno:

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies. ~ Nietzsche
MLU is offline Reply With Quote

Old 10-28-2006, 07:18 AM   #11
For Yorkshire man

AndyG is an Sr.com Hall of FamerAndyG is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
AndyG is an Sr.com Hall of FamerAndyG is an Sr.com Hall of FamerAndyG is an Sr.com Hall of FamerAndyG is an Sr.com Hall of FamerAndyG is an Sr.com Hall of FamerAndyG is an Sr.com Hall of FamerAndyG is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
For the last few weeks I've had a succession of Half Man Half Biscuit songs in my head constantly. No-one on the board will have heard of HMHB, but they were longime favourites of legendary UK DJ John Peel, which is a huge recommendation in itself. They are justly famed for their dry wit, scathing attacks on minor celebs, and a love of minor soccer teams (e.g 'All I want for Christmas is a Dukla Prague away kit', 'I was a teenage armchair Honved fan', 'Friday night and the gates are low'), and the forgotten, dusty corners of modern life in general ('We built this village on a trad arr. tune').

Anyone managing to work Boroussia Munchengladbach and Jeunesse D'etch into their lyrics deserves some kind of recognition.

US residents might not get many of the references, but they're worth a free MP3 download if you can find one.

Sample lyrics 1:

Telephone call, telling me my old friend Graham had died
I took a ride round to where I could be of assistance
Said to his wife "don't give in to grieving sorrow and turn
His side of the room into a shrine, it just doesn't work"
(chorus)
Arm round her shoulder
Gently I told her
Dead men don't need season tickets

Sample lyrics 2:

She died with her telly on, 87 and confused
There's no hospital beds 'cause all the money's been used
On the end of the century party preparations
And they said that the last thing she saw in her life
Was STING, singing on the roof of the Barbican
STING, singing on the roof of the Barbican
"People should be encouraged to look to their own self interest, but avoid inflicting themselves on other people - especially don't inflict yourself on a schmuck. The guy has already made his choice. Cut the schmuck some slack." Frank Zappa
AndyG is offline Reply With Quote

Old 10-28-2006, 10:05 AM   #12
Make It Rain

theSpaniard is on a distinguished roadtheSpaniard is on a distinguished roadtheSpaniard is on a distinguished roadtheSpaniard is on a distinguished roadtheSpaniard is on a distinguished roadtheSpaniard is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by V Chip View Post
Code Monkey Like Fritos - Jonathan Coulton
a.k.a. my theme song

Latest to pop up on my iPod:

Roundabout - Yes

I Write Sins Not Tragedies - Panic at the Disco

YYZ - Rush
theSpaniard is offline Reply With Quote

Old 10-28-2006, 11:56 AM   #13

Unknownlegend is an unknown quantity at this point
Jump- Van Halen
Unknownlegend is offline Reply With Quote

Old 10-28-2006, 12:35 PM   #14
Truth Addict

Location: Close enough to Atlanta to smell the stink of Falcons
V Chip Prestigious Gold Club MemberV Chip Prestigious Gold Club MemberV Chip Prestigious Gold Club MemberV Chip Prestigious Gold Club MemberV Chip Prestigious Gold Club MemberV Chip Prestigious Gold Club Member
V Chip Prestigious Gold Club Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by theSpaniard View Post
a.k.a. my theme song
It's a really good song, too.

http://www.jonathancoulton.com/lyrics/code-monkey

You can listen to the song on that page and download it free (it's ok, not stealing from him!).

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it. -- Neil Degrasse Tyson

Did you find this post useful?    | 
V Chip is offline Reply With Quote