Saintsreport.com Forums
home Steve Gleasons Website
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Go Back   New Orleans Saints - Saints Report - Message Boards > GENERAL > Video Games Board

Old 04-14-2011, 07:54 AM   #225
party lamp

buzd Prestigious Gold Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Gold Club Member
buzd Prestigious Gold Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Gold Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Gold Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Gold Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Gold Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Gold Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Gold Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Gold Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Gold Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Gold Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Gold Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Gold Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Gold Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Gold Club Member
We will likely be on tonight.

Old 04-14-2011, 09:23 AM   #226

St. Widge Prestigious Gold Club MemberSt. Widge Prestigious Gold Club MemberSt. Widge Prestigious Gold Club MemberSt. Widge Prestigious Gold Club MemberSt. Widge Prestigious Gold Club Member
St. Widge Prestigious Gold Club MemberSt. Widge Prestigious Gold Club MemberSt. Widge Prestigious Gold Club MemberSt. Widge Prestigious Gold Club MemberSt. Widge Prestigious Gold Club MemberSt. Widge Prestigious Gold Club MemberSt. Widge Prestigious Gold Club MemberSt. Widge Prestigious Gold Club MemberSt. Widge Prestigious Gold Club MemberSt. Widge Prestigious Gold Club MemberSt. Widge Prestigious Gold Club MemberSt. Widge Prestigious Gold Club MemberSt. Widge Prestigious Gold Club MemberSt. Widge Prestigious Gold Club MemberSt. Widge Prestigious Gold Club Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzd View Post
this game is awesome.

And apparently arborists :hearts: trees.
I felt the need to commune with them and be close, if not in them. After all, that's why I became an arborist in the first place.

It's both a great a frustrating game. I could do no wrong when we played Waielaie, but I couldn't do anything right on Augusta. Which I suppose is right. Different courses should favor different players and IIRC, August is a long ball hitter course and I don't have many point into power. Although ti was the putting that killed me on Augusta. That and the trees.
St. Widge is offline Reply With Quote

Old 04-14-2011, 02:41 PM   #227
NOLA Raised

HennessyRob is a splendid one to beholdHennessyRob is a splendid one to behold
HennessyRob is a splendid one to beholdHennessyRob is a splendid one to beholdHennessyRob is a splendid one to beholdHennessyRob is a splendid one to beholdHennessyRob is a splendid one to beholdHennessyRob is a splendid one to beholdHennessyRob is a splendid one to beholdHennessyRob is a splendid one to beholdHennessyRob is a splendid one to beholdHennessyRob is a splendid one to beholdHennessyRob is a splendid one to beholdHennessyRob is a splendid one to beholdHennessyRob is a splendid one to behold
please explain the putting to me
i hadn't played Tiger since 09
HennessyRob is offline Reply With Quote

Old 04-14-2011, 02:43 PM   #228
Xur pls

Twenty 50K Burger ClubTwenty 50K Burger ClubTwenty 50K Burger ClubTwenty 50K Burger ClubTwenty 50K Burger ClubTwenty 50K Burger ClubTwenty 50K Burger Club
Twenty 50K Burger ClubTwenty 50K Burger ClubTwenty 50K Burger ClubTwenty 50K Burger ClubTwenty 50K Burger ClubTwenty 50K Burger ClubTwenty 50K Burger ClubTwenty 50K Burger ClubTwenty 50K Burger ClubTwenty 50K Burger ClubTwenty 50K Burger ClubTwenty 50K Burger ClubTwenty 50K Burger ClubTwenty 50K Burger ClubTwenty 50K Burger Club
You have to bring the club back before you bring it forward.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-14-2011, 02:47 PM   #229
party lamp

buzd Prestigious Gold Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Gold Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Gold Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Gold Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Gold Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Gold Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Gold Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Gold Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Gold Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Gold Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Gold Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Gold Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Gold Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Gold Club Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by HennessyRob View Post
please explain the putting to me
i hadn't played Tiger since 09
Your caddy will give you a target circle, which may or not be right based on your rating on the course and how drunk he is. You want to aim your cursor right in the middle of that circle, adjusting for how wrong you think your caddy is (based on the speed and break of the green).

Moving the arrow will adjust the target marker in your swing meter. You want to pull back your club until the meter is right over that yellow mark and then put forward. Just like a club swing, if you err right or left, it will send the putt off its line.

Ranking up your putting skills will increase the size of the marker on the meter (decreasing your window for error) and make the green easier to read.

Old 04-14-2011, 04:32 PM   #230
Ginger Boom Boom
Othello Champion V:force Champion

kcirdor is an Sr.com Hall of Famerkcirdor is an Sr.com Hall of Famerkcirdor is an Sr.com Hall of Famerkcirdor is an Sr.com Hall of Famerkcirdor is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
kcirdor is an Sr.com Hall of Famerkcirdor is an Sr.com Hall of Famerkcirdor is an Sr.com Hall of Famerkcirdor is an Sr.com Hall of Famerkcirdor is an Sr.com Hall of Famerkcirdor is an Sr.com Hall of Famerkcirdor is an Sr.com Hall of Famerkcirdor is an Sr.com Hall of Famerkcirdor is an Sr.com Hall of Famerkcirdor is an Sr.com Hall of Famerkcirdor is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
basically the caddy is ******** early in the game. Puting your marker on the right side short of the hole, when clearly the green is breaking right and up hill..
kcirdor is offline Reply With Quote

Old 04-14-2011, 05:54 PM   #231

St. Widge Prestigious Gold Club MemberSt. Widge Prestigious Gold Club MemberSt. Widge Prestigious Gold Club MemberSt. Widge Prestigious Gold Club MemberSt. Widge Prestigious Gold Club Member
St. Widge Prestigious Gold Club MemberSt. Widge Prestigious Gold Club MemberSt. Widge Prestigious Gold Club MemberSt. Widge Prestigious Gold Club MemberSt. Widge Prestigious Gold Club MemberSt. Widge Prestigious Gold Club MemberSt. Widge Prestigious Gold Club MemberSt. Widge Prestigious Gold Club MemberSt. Widge Prestigious Gold Club MemberSt. Widge Prestigious Gold Club MemberSt. Widge Prestigious Gold Club MemberSt. Widge Prestigious Gold Club MemberSt. Widge Prestigious Gold Club MemberSt. Widge Prestigious Gold Club MemberSt. Widge Prestigious Gold Club Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcirdor View Post
basically the caddy is ******** early in the game. Puting your marker on the right side short of the hole, when clearly the green is breaking right and up hill..
I'd actually found my caddy to be fairly accurate until I got on Augusta last night. And, my guy is basically at 50% in all the skill categories.

Old 04-14-2011, 07:01 PM   #232
party lamp

What time is tee time? I need to pace my buzz.

Old 04-15-2011, 09:25 AM   #233

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty View Post
Buzd/widge, let me know when y'all wanna play a round. As long as I don't have to pay some online green fee, I'm down.

You missed buzd's consideration of whether to go on a drunken tirade in the lobby of a Hilton or if he should just get a safe deposit box to keep two ply Charmin in.

Old 04-15-2011, 09:44 AM   #234
Xur pls

Twenty 50K Burger ClubTwenty 50K Burger ClubTwenty 50K Burger ClubTwenty 50K Burger ClubTwenty 50K Burger ClubTwenty 50K Burger ClubTwenty 50K Burger Club
Twenty 50K Burger ClubTwenty 50K Burger ClubTwenty 50K Burger ClubTwenty 50K Burger ClubTwenty 50K Burger ClubTwenty 50K Burger ClubTwenty 50K Burger ClubTwenty 50K Burger ClubTwenty 50K Burger ClubTwenty 50K Burger ClubTwenty 50K Burger ClubTwenty 50K Burger ClubTwenty 50K Burger ClubTwenty 50K Burger ClubTwenty 50K Burger Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by St. Widge View Post

You missed buzd's consideration of whether to go on a drunken tirade in the lobby of a Hilton or if he should just get a safe deposit box to keep two ply Charmin in.
I knew he'd be waiting for me last night and get sloppy. I had no chance in that case. I gotta pop in when he least expects it. By the time he shotguns a 6-pack and gets a buzz, I'll be 7 strokes ahead.

Old 04-15-2011, 09:51 AM   #235
party lamp

Quote:

I had my tirade this morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty View Post
I knew he'd be waiting for me last night and get sloppy. I had no chance in that case. I gotta pop in when he least expects it. By the time he shotguns a 6-pack and gets a buzz, I'll be 7 strokes ahead.
I'm keeping a baseline buzz 24/7 just for you. :hearts:

Old 04-15-2011, 09:54 AM   #236

Quote:
I had my tirade this morning.

Did you get a "Good Morning" from the elevator security guards again?

Old 04-15-2011, 09:55 AM   #237
party lamp

Quote:

Did you get a "Good Morning" from the elevator security guards again?
Yes. I told them it makes me want to punch children and that I was tired of starting my day angry.

And that they need better TP.

Old 04-15-2011, 09:59 AM   #238

Quote:
Yes. I told them it makes me want to punch children and that I was tired of starting my day angry.

And that they need better TP.