New Page 1
home Steve Gleasons Website
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Go Back   New Orleans Saints - Saints Report - Message Boards > GENERAL > Video Games Board

Google Ads
Sponsored Ads

Old 04-03-2010, 03:12 AM   #1331
Decent

Twenty 50K Burger ClubTwenty 50K Burger ClubTwenty 50K Burger ClubTwenty 50K Burger ClubTwenty 50K Burger ClubTwenty 50K Burger ClubTwenty 50K Burger Club
Twenty 50K Burger ClubTwenty 50K Burger ClubTwenty 50K Burger ClubTwenty 50K Burger ClubTwenty 50K Burger ClubTwenty 50K Burger ClubTwenty 50K Burger Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by authentic View Post
Why is it, then, that every time someone says "Why do people watch American Idol for 10 seasons if it's not awesome?!?!" you scoff in their face as if it's the most ridiculous thing you've ever heard?

as far as i'm concerned, popular != best, just the same as unpopular != worst.

It really doesn't work 100% of the time either way.
I agree. There are exceptions to every rule. But......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty4seven View Post
People don't play a ******* video game for 4 years unless it is a great game.
Twenty is offline Reply With Quote

Old 04-03-2010, 03:18 AM   #1332
Porkers?

The Mongoose 40K Burger ClubThe Mongoose 40K Burger ClubThe Mongoose 40K Burger ClubThe Mongoose 40K Burger ClubThe Mongoose 40K Burger ClubThe Mongoose 40K Burger Club
The Mongoose 40K Burger ClubThe Mongoose 40K Burger ClubThe Mongoose 40K Burger ClubThe Mongoose 40K Burger ClubThe Mongoose 40K Burger ClubThe Mongoose 40K Burger ClubThe Mongoose 40K Burger ClubThe Mongoose 40K Burger ClubThe Mongoose 40K Burger Club
You guys have twisted this whole thing to stoop to your level of poor comprehension.

I understand the desire to make snappy jokes, but don't tip your hand. Don't reveal how you can't interpret simple facts.

In the "left stick for aiming" discussion, personal preference has no place. If we were sticking to one game, then yeah, personal preference of controller layout matters. But in this particular discussion we are having, we're talking about two games that play completely differently from each other. They feature different weapons.

You can't have left trigger aiming in Halo and have the resultant change be "personal preference." You don't look down the sights to aim in that game. How hard is this to figure out?

This whole discussion has jumped the shark. You people aren't this ********. I've spoken to a bunch of you for a long time, and I'm pretty confident you aren't. Maybe Rodrick.

This isn't about Halo rulez. (It does, and I will gladly argue about that whenever you want. But it has nothing to do with the controller layout discussion). You guys reduce everything to smack talking when the facts don't suit you. The facts in this case have nothing to do with me being a raging fanboy (which I certainly am).

Just because Halo is a FPS doesn't mean you can stick another control scheme on it and make it work. Again, there are no sights. There is no zooming with most of the weapons. Aiming is different. Hit detection is based on what you're actually seeing on the screen, not some false sense of accuracy that occurs with Left Trigger Aiming. The game is built on most fights not requiring any zoom which creates the Halo dynamic.

Preference has zero to do with it.
The Mongoose is offline Reply With Quote

Old 04-03-2010, 03:18 AM   #1333
DAMN YOU PARTY LIQUOR!

authentic is an Sr.com Hall of Famerauthentic is an Sr.com Hall of Famerauthentic is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
authentic is an Sr.com Hall of Famerauthentic is an Sr.com Hall of Famerauthentic is an Sr.com Hall of Famerauthentic is an Sr.com Hall of Famerauthentic is an Sr.com Hall of Famerauthentic is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
I'm not saying it's ****** man. I'm saying it's dated. 4 years ago it was the best game available to play. I played it, so did everyone else I know, same went for Halo 2 at the time, and Halo: CE before it, back when there was no xbox live and we had to use xbox tunnel to fake it. The commentary is about the control system and how I (and others) feel it needs to be revised a bit. Updated. What's so wrong about that? What will you say if Bungie does so? Will it then be revisionists' history about you knew it all along and Bungie is the bestest? I just don't understand it honestly. I try though.
authentic is offline Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-03-2010, 03:21 AM   #1334
DAMN YOU PARTY LIQUOR!

authentic is an Sr.com Hall of Famerauthentic is an Sr.com Hall of Famerauthentic is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
authentic is an Sr.com Hall of Famerauthentic is an Sr.com Hall of Famerauthentic is an Sr.com Hall of Famerauthentic is an Sr.com Hall of Famerauthentic is an Sr.com Hall of Famerauthentic is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mongoose View Post
You guys have twisted this whole thing to stoop to your level of poor comprehension.

I understand the desire to make snappy jokes, but don't tip your hand. Don't reveal how you can't interpret simple facts.

In the "left stick for aiming" discussion, personal preference has no place. If we were sticking to one game, then yeah, personal preference of controller layout matters. But in this particular discussion we are having, we're talking about two games that play completely differently from each other. They feature different weapons.

You can't have left trigger aiming in Halo and have the resultant change be "personal preference." You don't look down the sights to aim in that game. How hard is this to figure out?

This whole discussion has jumped the shark. You people aren't this ********. I've spoken to a bunch of you for a long time, and I'm pretty confident you aren't. Maybe Rodrick.

This isn't about Halo rulez. (It does, and I will gladly argue about that whenever you want. But it has nothing to do with the controller layout discussion). You guys reduce everything to smack talking when the facts don't suit you. The facts in this case have nothing to do with me being a raging fanboy (which I certainly am).

Just because Halo is a FPS doesn't mean you can stick another control scheme on it and make it work. Again, there are no sights. There is no zooming with most of the weapons. Aiming is different. Hit detection is based on what you're actually seeing on the screen, not some false sense of accuracy that occurs with Left Trigger Aiming. The game is built on most fights not requiring any zoom which creates the Halo dynamic.

Preference has zero to do with it.
Except in Halo 3 90% of the people most of the time are using the Battle Rifle, which has a scope right? There are sights on that gun, and clicking to aim down them really ****** me off the other night. Call it whatever you want but it doesn't feel right. It's my opinion though, hopefully Reach will be amazing.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-03-2010, 03:24 AM   #1335
Decent

Quote:
Originally Posted by authentic View Post
I'm not saying it's ****** man. I'm saying it's dated. 4 years ago it was the best game available to play. I played it, so did everyone else I know, same went for Halo 2 at the time, and Halo: CE before it, back when there was no xbox live and we had to use xbox tunnel to fake it. The commentary is about the control system and how I (and others) feel it needs to be revised a bit. Updated. What's so wrong about that? What will you say if Bungie does so? Will it then be revisionists' history about you knew it all along and Bungie is the bestest? I just don't understand it honestly. I try though.
Y'all keep saying the control scheme is "dated". What does that even mean?! Y'all are only saying this because of the way you aim in Halo. The control scheme has nothing to do with release date.
Twenty is offline Reply With Quote

Old 04-03-2010, 03:26 AM   #1336
DAMN YOU PARTY LIQUOR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty4seven View Post
Y'all keep saying the control scheme is "dated". What does that even mean?! Y'all are only saying this because of the way you aim in Halo. The control scheme has nothing to do with release date.
It's hard to put into words what I feel about the subject, obviously. It felt amazing back when Halo came out. It's sort of like the playstation controller. It feels dated to me. It's the same as it was when the original Dual Shock came out. Maybe I just prefer a game with a certain type of control scheme? Hell, I dunno anymore. Maybe I'll just pull a WDF and just not play video games since i'm so confused.

Old 04-03-2010, 09:35 AM   #1337
NO MA'AM

zeetes Prestigious Gold Club Memberzeetes Prestigious Gold Club Member
zeetes Prestigious Gold Club Memberzeetes Prestigious Gold Club Memberzeetes Prestigious Gold Club Memberzeetes Prestigious Gold Club Memberzeetes Prestigious Gold Club Memberzeetes Prestigious Gold Club Member
i've tried reading the last page of posts and i've come to the conclusion that i have no idea what you *****es are babbling about.
zeetes is offline Reply With Quote

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-03-2010, 10:58 AM   #1338
NOLA Luchador

Seahawker Ed is a name known to allSeahawker Ed is a name known to all
Seahawker Ed is a name known to allSeahawker Ed is a name known to allSeahawker Ed is a name known to allSeahawker Ed is a name known to allSeahawker Ed is a name known to allSeahawker Ed is a name known to allSeahawker Ed is a name known to allSeahawker Ed is a name known to allSeahawker Ed is a name known to all
good games last night

Old 04-03-2010, 11:17 AM   #1339
Carpathian Warlock

uproar90 is an Sr.com Hall of Fameruproar90 is an Sr.com Hall of Fameruproar90 is an Sr.com Hall of Fameruproar90 is an Sr.com Hall of Fameruproar90 is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
uproar90 is an Sr.com Hall of Fameruproar90 is an Sr.com Hall of Fameruproar90 is an Sr.com Hall of Fameruproar90 is an Sr.com Hall of Fameruproar90 is an Sr.com Hall of Fameruproar90 is an Sr.com Hall of Fameruproar90 is an Sr.com Hall of Fameruproar90 is an Sr.com Hall of Fameruproar90 is an Sr.com Hall of Fameruproar90 is an Sr.com Hall of Fameruproar90 is an Sr.com Hall of Fameruproar90 is an Sr.com Hall of Fameruproar90 is an Sr.com Hall of Fameruproar90 is an Sr.com Hall of Fameruproar90 is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seahawker Ed View Post
good games last night
ED! You can't just drop some 'on-topic' discussion right in the middle of a 'click-it' or 'trigger' fight!

But yeah... You're right. The few games I got in with y'a'l'l were good times.

Old 04-03-2010, 11:19 AM   #1340
NO MA'AM

zeetes Prestigious Gold Club Memberzeetes Prestigious Gold Club Memberzeetes Prestigious Gold Club Memberzeetes Prestigious Gold Club Memberzeetes Prestigious Gold Club Memberzeetes Prestigious Gold Club Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seahawker Ed View Post
good games last night
Quote:
Originally Posted by uproar90 View Post
ED! You can't just drop some 'on-topic' discussion right in the middle of a 'click-it' or 'trigger' fight!

But yeah... You're right. The few games I got in with y'a'l'l were good times.
i had fun ducking and weaving holiest all night.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-03-2010, 11:22 AM   #1341
Carpathian Warlock

uproar90 is an Sr.com Hall of Fameruproar90 is an Sr.com Hall of Fameruproar90 is an Sr.com Hall of Fameruproar90 is an Sr.com Hall of Fameruproar90 is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
uproar90 is an Sr.com Hall of Fameruproar90 is an Sr.com Hall of Fameruproar90 is an Sr.com Hall of Fameruproar90 is an Sr.com Hall of Fameruproar90 is an Sr.com Hall of Fameruproar90 is an Sr.com Hall of Fameruproar90 is an Sr.com Hall of Fameruproar90 is an Sr.com Hall of Fameruproar90 is an Sr.com Hall of Fameruproar90 is an Sr.com Hall of Fameruproar90 is an Sr.com Hall of Fameruproar90 is an Sr.com Hall of Fameruproar90 is an Sr.com Hall of Fameruproar90 is an Sr.com Hall of Fameruproar90 is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeetes View Post
I'm still not buzd's friend, and probably won't be for a week or two.

3 times! 3 TIMES he took my dog tags...

Old 04-03-2010, 11:32 AM   #1342
party lamp

buzd Prestigious Gold Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Gold Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Gold Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Gold Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Gold Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Gold Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Gold Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Gold Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Gold Club Member
buzd Prestigious Gold Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Gold Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Gold Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Gold Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Gold Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Gold Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Gold Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Gold Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Gold Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Gold Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Gold Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Gold Club Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by uproar90 View Post
I'm still not buzd's friend, and probably won't be for a week or two.

3 times! 3 TIMES he took my dog tags...
That's really not a fair description.

...It was in a single match.

Old 04-03-2010, 11:37 AM   #1343
NO MA'AM

yaaaaaaaaaaaaay buzd!

Old 04-03-2010, 12:01 PM   #1344
Tartar Sauce!!!

St. Greatness is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSt. Greatness is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
St. Greatness is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSt. Greatness is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSt. Greatness is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSt. Greatness is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSt. Greatness is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSt. Greatness is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSt. Greatness is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSt. Greatness is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSt. Greatness is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSt. Greatness is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSt. Greatness is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSt. Greatness is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSt. Greatness is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeetes View Post
.....................!!!!

Tags
bc2 > mw2, fps, pet shop boys