Saintsreport.com Forums
home Steve Gleasons Website
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Do you want to remove the ads? Support the site by becoming a subscribing member.

Go Back   New Orleans Saints - Saints Report - Message Boards > GENERAL > Video Games Board

Old 03-09-2011, 04:40 PM   #151
party lamp

buzd Prestigious Platinum Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Platinum Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Platinum Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Platinum Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Platinum Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Platinum Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Platinum Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Platinum Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Platinum Club Member
buzd Prestigious Platinum Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Platinum Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Platinum Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Platinum Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Platinum Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Platinum Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Platinum Club Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by authentic View Post
Is leaps and bounds a frog reference?
It's just a dialect.

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-09-2011, 07:01 PM   #152
Super Forum Fanatic

TheMike62987 50K Burger ClubTheMike62987 50K Burger ClubTheMike62987 50K Burger ClubTheMike62987 50K Burger Club
TheMike62987 50K Burger ClubTheMike62987 50K Burger ClubTheMike62987 50K Burger ClubTheMike62987 50K Burger ClubTheMike62987 50K Burger ClubTheMike62987 50K Burger ClubTheMike62987 50K Burger ClubTheMike62987 50K Burger ClubTheMike62987 50K Burger ClubTheMike62987 50K Burger ClubTheMike62987 50K Burger ClubTheMike62987 50K Burger Club
The videos look great, but I'd like to see a multiplayer video before I buy it, but I'll probably buy it anyway.
TheMike62987 is offline Reply With Quote

Old 03-09-2011, 07:57 PM   #153
I still hate the 49ers

Bodybag has a spectacular aura aboutBodybag has a spectacular aura aboutBodybag has a spectacular aura aboutBodybag has a spectacular aura aboutBodybag has a spectacular aura aboutBodybag has a spectacular aura aboutBodybag has a spectacular aura aboutBodybag has a spectacular aura aboutBodybag has a spectacular aura aboutBodybag has a spectacular aura aboutBodybag has a spectacular aura aboutBodybag has a spectacular aura aboutBodybag has a spectacular aura about
The lynchpin of the BF series has always been the multiplayer - in fact, none of the flagship titles or their spinoffs (1942, Vietnam, BF2, BF2142) even had a legitimate single player mode (just you vs bots in the existing MP maps). Those of you whose only exposure to the franchise have been the BC games are likely in for a shock, at least on PC. And maybe even a treat!

I guess it's a pretty big deal that they're shipping a SP campaign with this game, seeing as it's a first for a main installment, but really it's just a showcase for their awesome engine as well as some attractive bait to hook CoD fans. MP is the meat of the game, and BC/BC2's gameplay was really just a taste of what Battlefield is all about. The SP campaign could be absolute trash and it'd still take GOTY honors if the MP delivers on the series' legacy.

Did none of you guys play BF2 or BF1942? There's a reverence for the main titles that the developers speak with that they openly admit was not part of the BC mission statment. Bad Company and BC2 were stopgaps meant to expand the series to a wider audience, BF3 is the real deal.

And my CoD statement was mostly tongue-in-cheeck, as there will always be a faction of gamer that values K/D above anything else and he will always find a happy (if lazily constructed) home with Activision, but I think it's pretty clear that DICE has targeted IW this time and they aren't effing around. IW themselves admit they're not packing as much firepower, and I fully expect that EA smells blood and is going to give BF3 the full-on Madden marketing blitz this fall.
Bodybag is offline Reply With Quote

5 out of 5 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-09-2011, 09:03 PM   #154
Stanky good!

TheGooch is a true SaintTheGooch is a true SaintTheGooch is a true SaintTheGooch is a true SaintTheGooch is a true Saint
TheGooch is a true SaintTheGooch is a true SaintTheGooch is a true SaintTheGooch is a true SaintTheGooch is a true SaintTheGooch is a true SaintTheGooch is a true SaintTheGooch is a true Saint
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauer View Post
Bye bye Call of Duty...was nice knowing you

graphics and movement are sick...
TheGooch is offline Reply With Quote

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-09-2011, 09:51 PM   #155
Dog will hunt

antipop Prestigious Platinum Club Memberantipop Prestigious Platinum Club Memberantipop Prestigious Platinum Club Memberantipop Prestigious Platinum Club Memberantipop Prestigious Platinum Club Member
antipop Prestigious Platinum Club Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodybag View Post
The lynchpin of the BF series has always been the multiplayer
at this point, the lynch pin of any FPS is multiplayer

nobody cares about campaign for COD, BF, KZ, Gaylo, etc.....and all of them are meh anyway
antipop is offline Reply With Quote

Old 03-16-2011, 10:12 AM   #156
Stanky good!

TheGooch is a true SaintTheGooch is a true SaintTheGooch is a true SaintTheGooch is a true SaintTheGooch is a true Saint
TheGooch is a true SaintTheGooch is a true SaintTheGooch is a true SaintTheGooch is a true SaintTheGooch is a true SaintTheGooch is a true SaintTheGooch is a true SaintTheGooch is a true Saint

New video is out....

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-16-2011, 10:29 AM   #157
THE WOOD WAS BROUGHT

cdogg Prestigious Gold Club Membercdogg Prestigious Gold Club Membercdogg Prestigious Gold Club Member
cdogg Prestigious Gold Club Membercdogg Prestigious Gold Club Membercdogg Prestigious Gold Club Membercdogg Prestigious Gold Club Membercdogg Prestigious Gold Club Membercdogg Prestigious Gold Club Membercdogg Prestigious Gold Club Membercdogg Prestigious Gold Club Membercdogg Prestigious Gold Club Membercdogg Prestigious Gold Club Membercdogg Prestigious Gold Club Membercdogg Prestigious Gold Club Membercdogg Prestigious Gold Club Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by antipop View Post

nobody cares about KZ, it is meh anyway
Indeed.

Please remember to circumcise you dogs.
cdogg is online now Reply With Quote

2 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-16-2011, 10:55 AM   #158
Besmirching You

St. Widge Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSt. Widge Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSt. Widge Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSt. Widge Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSt. Widge Prestigious Platinum Club Member
St. Widge Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSt. Widge Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSt. Widge Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSt. Widge Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSt. Widge Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSt. Widge Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSt. Widge Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSt. Widge Prestigious Platinum Club Member
Quote:

nobody cares about campaign for COD, BF, KZ, Gaylo, etc.....and all of them are meh anyway
I care. I like a good campaign. Multiplayer is fun when you have a group together, but otherwise I find it fairly boring after a short period of time. That being said, the only one of the Big 3 FPS that had a good campaign in the latest generation is Reach. The Blops single player was okay, but the last BC2 single player wasn't much fun.

Anyway, they do also need good multiplayer because even a very good campaign gets boring after ten or so hours and a game isn't worth $60 if you only get 10 hours of good gameplay out of it.

As far as KZ3. I thought the campaign was okay. It was slow at the start, but it picked up nicely in the middle with some different missions. The problem is that the ending and the last 30 mintues or so of the game were pretty terrible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by whodatfever View Post
My opinion isn't worth very much anyway.
St. Widge is offline Reply With Quote

Old 03-16-2011, 11:11 AM   #159
Dog will hunt

antipop Prestigious Platinum Club Memberantipop Prestigious Platinum Club Memberantipop Prestigious Platinum Club Memberantipop Prestigious Platinum Club Memberantipop Prestigious Platinum Club Member
antipop Prestigious Platinum Club Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by St. Widge View Post
I care. I like a good campaign. Multiplayer is fun when you have a group together, but otherwise I find it fairly boring after a short period of time. That being said, the only one of the Big 3 FPS that had a good campaign in the latest generation is Reach. The Blops single player was okay, but the last BC2 single player wasn't much fun.
i can roll by myself and have fun in some MP games.....BC2, warhawk and a few others....but i don't generally like people and i use blueteefs so they can't hear me anyway

and lol at the Reach campaign being better than Blops

Quote:
Anyway, they do also need good multiplayer because even a very good campaign gets boring after ten or so hours and a game isn't worth $60 if you only get 10 hours of good gameplay out of it.
i guess my point was that without multiplayer, most games would never even come close to the sales they see now.....and even 10 hours is probably too long for a shooter.....7 is plenty

Quote:
As far as KZ3. I thought the campaign was okay. It was slow at the start, but it picked up nicely in the middle with some different missions. The problem is that the ending and the last 30 mintues or so of the game were pretty terrible.
obviously, your face is terrible

honestly, i haven't picked up the campaign in a while.....i have just been playing the MP with my real life friend.....but i have slacked off on kz3 and bc2 since i had Gran Turismo from GF.....
antipop is offline Reply With Quote

Old 03-16-2011, 11:25 AM   #160
Besmirching You

St. Widge Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSt. Widge Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSt. Widge Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSt. Widge Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSt. Widge Prestigious Platinum Club Member
St. Widge Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSt. Widge Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSt. Widge Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSt. Widge Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSt. Widge Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSt. Widge Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSt. Widge Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSt. Widge Prestigious Platinum Club Member
Quote:
i can roll by myself and have fun in some MP games.....BC2, warhawk and a few others....but i don't generally like people and i use blueteefs so they can't hear me anyway

and lol at the Reach campaign being better than Blops .....
Meh, it's subjective. I enjoyed the Reach campaign. I thought Blops was pretty good. It might have been better had I not been playing it in short spurts between the multiplayer.

Quote:
honestly, i haven't picked up the campaign in a while.....i have just been playing the MP with my real life friend.....but i have slacked off on kz3 and bc2 since i had Gran Turismo from GF.....
It's okay. Like I said, there are some interesting missions in the middle, but the end game isn't much to write home about. You're not really missing anything if you don't finish it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by whodatfever View Post
My opinion isn't worth very much anyway.
St. Widge is offline Reply With Quote

Old 03-22-2011, 01:57 PM   #161
NFL Fan

Surviving Saint is a true SaintSurviving Saint is a true SaintSurviving Saint is a true Saint
Surviving Saint is a true SaintSurviving Saint is a true SaintSurviving Saint is a true SaintSurviving Saint is a true SaintSurviving Saint is a true SaintSurviving Saint is a true SaintSurviving Saint is a true SaintSurviving Saint is a true SaintSurviving Saint is a true SaintSurviving Saint is a true SaintSurviving Saint is a true SaintSurviving Saint is a true SaintSurviving Saint is a true SaintSurviving Saint is a true Saint
This game looks great! I can't wait to get it. Blips is getting old so I have been playing some Rush on BC2
Surviving Saint is offline Reply With Quote

Old 03-30-2011, 01:52 PM   #162
I still hate the 49ers

Bodybag has a spectacular aura aboutBodybag has a spectacular aura aboutBodybag has a spectacular aura aboutBodybag has a spectacular aura aboutBodybag has a spectacular aura aboutBodybag has a spectacular aura aboutBodybag has a spectacular aura aboutBodybag has a spectacular aura aboutBodybag has a spectacular aura aboutBodybag has a spectacular aura aboutBodybag has a spectacular aura aboutBodybag has a spectacular aura aboutBodybag has a spectacular aura about
Bodybag is offline Reply With Quote

Old 04-17-2011, 09:14 PM   #163
Stanky good!

ok....I just saw an awesome commercial for battlefield 3 while watching family guy. Did they push the release date up for this game? Seems quite early to start playing commercials even if they are trying to get you to pre-order.

Old 04-17-2011, 10:41 PM   #164
ok

2to87alltheway is a jewel in the rough
2to87alltheway is a jewel in the rough2to87alltheway is a jewel in the rough2to87alltheway is a jewel in the rough2to87alltheway is a jewel in the rough2to87alltheway is a jewel in the rough2to87alltheway is a jewel in the rough2to87alltheway is a jewel in the rough2to87alltheway is a jewel in the rough2to87alltheway is a jewel in the rough2to87alltheway is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGooch View Post
ok....I just saw an awesome commercial for battlefield 3 while watching family guy. Did they push the release date up for this game? Seems quite early to start playing commercials even if they are trying to get you to pre-order.
No they didn't. I'm pretty sure MW2 had commercials playing this early before its release as well though.

Old 04-17-2011, 10:54 PM   #165
Stanky good!