New Page 1
home Steve Gleasons Website
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Google Ads
Latest Poll
Grade the Saints 2014 Draft
A
B
C
D
F
Sponsored Ads

Old 03-16-2012, 08:13 AM   #1
Veteran

Kromel is on a distinguished roadKromel is on a distinguished roadKromel is on a distinguished roadKromel is on a distinguished roadKromel is on a distinguished road
Elder Scrolls MMO?

source: Report: Elder Scrolls MMO to be Announced in May - IGN

Not sure how I feel about the Elder Scrolls turning in to an MMO. I'm curious to know your thoughts and what kind of features is a must in order for you to play it.

For me? I must have the ability to pick pocket other players as well as there should be some consequences for getting caught.
Kromel is offline Reply With Quote

Old 03-16-2012, 08:20 AM   #2
party lamp

buzd Prestigious Gold Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Gold Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Gold Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Gold Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Gold Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Gold Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Gold Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Gold Club Member
buzd Prestigious Gold Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Gold Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Gold Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Gold Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Gold Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Gold Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Gold Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Gold Club Member
I know an MMO is a little different from it just being "online", but they're working on a mod for that.

Skyrim Online | Multiplayer Mod for Skyrim - CORPG

Hasn't been updated in a while.

Old 03-16-2012, 09:16 AM   #3
Pro-Bowler

Quarter Rat is a BEAST!Quarter Rat is a BEAST!Quarter Rat is a BEAST!Quarter Rat is a BEAST!Quarter Rat is a BEAST!Quarter Rat is a BEAST!Quarter Rat is a BEAST!Quarter Rat is a BEAST!Quarter Rat is a BEAST!Quarter Rat is a BEAST!Quarter Rat is a BEAST!
If you cant trust Tomshardware who can ya trust?

Exclusive: Bethesda to Announce Elder Scrolls MMO in May

Quote:
Bethesda and ZeniMax are hard at work on a new MMO, and it's taking you back to the world of Skyrim, Oblivion and Morrowind.

Heeeeeeeeeel yeah, FPS+MMO
This may be what I need to finally quit Darkfall.
After I get to play around with GW2 and AA obviously
Quarter Rat is offline Reply With Quote

Old 03-16-2012, 09:42 AM   #4
It figures

Sackhappysaint is a splendid one to beholdSackhappysaint is a splendid one to beholdSackhappysaint is a splendid one to behold
Sackhappysaint is a splendid one to beholdSackhappysaint is a splendid one to beholdSackhappysaint is a splendid one to beholdSackhappysaint is a splendid one to beholdSackhappysaint is a splendid one to beholdSackhappysaint is a splendid one to beholdSackhappysaint is a splendid one to beholdSackhappysaint is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kromel View Post
source: Report: Elder Scrolls MMO to be Announced in May - IGN

Not sure how I feel about the Elder Scrolls turning in to an MMO. I'm curious to know your thoughts and what kind of features is a must in order for you to play it.

For me? I must have the ability to pick pocket other players as well as there should be some consequences for getting caught.
I guess they've finally built up a strong enough team to tackle various projects at once without losing quality. Bioware did it with Swtor and it came out stellar. I see no reason why they can't as well.

The problem will be the design of it. Elder Scrolls was designed as a single player mmo so things might change drastically in the implementation of a mmo. Or will it?

Look for them to make some pretty tough decisions. Do they want to appeal more to the Elder Scrolls purist? Or do they want to appeal more to the mmo player? Pvp? They've got the money to hire the best in the business so it should come out nice. I see them following in the Swtor mold and the new age of mmo's..very single player/story oriented with the option of grouping. The hard core mmo players will vomit but those guys are being rehabilitated to appreciate the single player story driven element or quitting the genre altogether in disgust. It doesn't matter though. Casual players fill your coffers with money, so it makes sense to appeal to them.
Sackhappysaint is offline Reply With Quote

Old 03-16-2012, 10:08 AM   #5
Pro-Bowler

Quarter Rat is a BEAST!Quarter Rat is a BEAST!Quarter Rat is a BEAST!Quarter Rat is a BEAST!Quarter Rat is a BEAST!Quarter Rat is a BEAST!Quarter Rat is a BEAST!Quarter Rat is a BEAST!Quarter Rat is a BEAST!Quarter Rat is a BEAST!Quarter Rat is a BEAST!
A full or partial loot Sandbox MMO with territory control using the Skyrim engine would simply be epic.
Also hoping they have no instances, etc.

They're going with 3 factions atm so at least they've learned from some of other peoples' mistakes.

<== Giddy as a schoolgirl thinking about the possibilities.

I almost wish I hadnt seen this until about May so I could find out what kind of animal we're dealing with

Old 03-16-2012, 11:07 AM   #6
Smexy

Capn_Morgan is on a distinguished roadCapn_Morgan is on a distinguished roadCapn_Morgan is on a distinguished roadCapn_Morgan is on a distinguished road
Forget MMO, have they ever developed a multiplayer game before?
Capn_Morgan is offline Reply With Quote

Old 03-16-2012, 02:54 PM   #7
DAMN YOU PARTY LIQUOR!

authentic is an Sr.com Hall of Famerauthentic is an Sr.com Hall of Famerauthentic is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
authentic is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
wow.
authentic is online now Reply With Quote

Old 03-16-2012, 09:22 PM   #8
Pro-Bowler

starbuck2907 has a spectacular aura aboutstarbuck2907 has a spectacular aura aboutstarbuck2907 has a spectacular aura aboutstarbuck2907 has a spectacular aura aboutstarbuck2907 has a spectacular aura aboutstarbuck2907 has a spectacular aura aboutstarbuck2907 has a spectacular aura aboutstarbuck2907 has a spectacular aura aboutstarbuck2907 has a spectacular aura aboutstarbuck2907 has a spectacular aura aboutstarbuck2907 has a spectacular aura aboutstarbuck2907 has a spectacular aura aboutstarbuck2907 has a spectacular aura aboutstarbuck2907 has a spectacular aura about
This rumor came out years ago. It's just picking up steam again now because they probably have a workable product nearing the beta stages.

Beta testing an Elder Scrolls MMO would be cool.

Can you imagine how big the world would have to be? The SINGLE player games are gigantic...I can't imagine how big an MMO would have to be.

Old 03-16-2012, 09:39 PM   #9
DAMN YOU PARTY LIQUOR!

authentic is an Sr.com Hall of Famerauthentic is an Sr.com Hall of Famerauthentic is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
I've always talked with friends, theorizing just such a game. If it turns out to be real I would shank my mother to get in the beta. haha

Old 03-17-2012, 01:22 AM   #10
He didn't make it

OhioSaintsFan is a true SaintOhioSaintsFan is a true SaintOhioSaintsFan is a true SaintOhioSaintsFan is a true SaintOhioSaintsFan is a true SaintOhioSaintsFan is a true Saint
OhioSaintsFan is a true SaintOhioSaintsFan is a true SaintOhioSaintsFan is a true SaintOhioSaintsFan is a true SaintOhioSaintsFan is a true SaintOhioSaintsFan is a true SaintOhioSaintsFan is a true SaintOhioSaintsFan is a true SaintOhioSaintsFan is a true SaintOhioSaintsFan is a true SaintOhioSaintsFan is a true SaintOhioSaintsFan is a true SaintOhioSaintsFan is a true SaintOhioSaintsFan is a true SaintOhioSaintsFan is a true Saint
I'm torn.

First off, I don't like MMOs of the RPG variety. They aren't RPGs, they are munchkin games. No thought to personality of the role you are playing, just concerns of 'what bonuses can I get'. Reminds me of a few tabletop gamers I know who absolutely refuse to play any PC with an attribute under 13.

The story of Skyrim is about a unique person. Born with the soul of a dragon, a person of prophecy. Now, you want to go multiplayer, you dilute that. So we would end up with hundreds of thousands of dragonborn. Then you have to add in hundreds of thousands of Alduin so everyone gets their turn. Story goes from cool to 'great, another dragon that heralds the end of the world, I swear this happens every week'.

It would be cool if it were a local multi. Not the right word, but what I mean is a max number of players. Start a server with a max of four or six people. One Dragonborn. Then let them play the game. Once the server is set, it's set. If your character dies, thanks for playing. Thing is, I think only ten or twelve people worldwide would like the idea.

Unfortunately, it seems the majority want PvP. Blah.
OhioSaintsFan is offline Reply With Quote

Old 03-17-2012, 10:42 PM   #11
THE WOOD WAS BROUGHT

cdogg 50K Burger Clubcdogg 50K Burger Clubcdogg 50K Burger Clubcdogg 50K Burger Club
cdogg 50K Burger Clubcdogg 50K Burger Clubcdogg 50K Burger Clubcdogg 50K Burger Clubcdogg 50K Burger Clubcdogg 50K Burger Clubcdogg 50K Burger Clubcdogg 50K Burger Clubcdogg 50K Burger Clubcdogg 50K Burger Clubcdogg 50K Burger Clubcdogg 50K Burger Clubcdogg 50K Burger Clubcdogg 50K Burger Club
It's not a Skyrim MMO, it's an Elder Scrolls MMO, so the dragonborn stuff most likely would not be in the game for players, just the world.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-20-2012, 01:21 PM   #12
Pro-Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioSaintsFan View Post
I'm torn.
Unfortunately, it seems the majority want PvP. Blah.
Yeessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Old 05-03-2012, 12:14 PM   #13
Pro-Bowler

Elder Scrolls MMO

June Cover Revealed: The Elder Scrolls Online - Features - www.GameInformer.com

The Elder Scrolls Online being developed by ZeniMax Online | Joystiq

Quote:
The mag says The Elder Scrolls Online will take place across the "entire land of Tamriel," approximately one thousand years before Skyrim's place in time. The story will focus on daedric prince Molag Bal as he attempts to make Tamriel part of "his demonic realm."
There will also apparently be 3 faction, open world PvP/ territory control

sandboxsandboxsandboxsandboxsandboxs andboxsandboxsandbox

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-03-2012, 04:47 PM   #14
DAMN YOU PARTY LIQUOR!

But is Zenimax part of bethesda? I think they may be I seem to remember seeing their splash at the start up screens.