Saintsreport.com Forums
home Steve Gleasons Website
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Do you want to remove the ads? Support the site by becoming a subscribing member.

Go Back   New Orleans Saints - Saints Report - Message Boards > GENERAL > Video Games Board

Old 12-16-2008, 05:00 PM   #286
Dog will hunt

antipop Prestigious Platinum Club Memberantipop Prestigious Platinum Club Memberantipop Prestigious Platinum Club Memberantipop Prestigious Platinum Club Memberantipop Prestigious Platinum Club Member
antipop Prestigious Platinum Club Member
Be Nice
antipop is offline Reply With Quote

Old 12-16-2008, 05:01 PM   #287
DAMN YOU PARTY LIQUOR!

authentic is an Sr.com Hall of Famerauthentic is an Sr.com Hall of Famerauthentic is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
authentic is an Sr.com Hall of Famerauthentic is an Sr.com Hall of Famerauthentic is an Sr.com Hall of Famerauthentic is an Sr.com Hall of Famerauthentic is an Sr.com Hall of Famerauthentic is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
wow blast from the past...
authentic is offline Reply With Quote

Old 12-16-2008, 08:30 PM   #288
Banned

Webmeistro is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mongoose View Post
Did you play the scene I'm talking about in Halo 3? It's nearly identical. I'm almost willing to bet my best marble that you didn't play the Halo scene.
Then Halo 3 ripped it off of the original Gears, which had a very similar scenario, except you walked across some thin rock on top of imulsion.

And Gears ripped it off in turn from dozens and dozens of television shows and movies.

It's not original.
Webmeistro is offline Reply With Quote

Old 12-17-2008, 08:13 PM   #289
Coach J

MrVoodoo is an Sr.com Hall of FamerMrVoodoo is an Sr.com Hall of FamerMrVoodoo is an Sr.com Hall of FamerMrVoodoo is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
MrVoodoo is an Sr.com Hall of FamerMrVoodoo is an Sr.com Hall of FamerMrVoodoo is an Sr.com Hall of FamerMrVoodoo is an Sr.com Hall of FamerMrVoodoo is an Sr.com Hall of FamerMrVoodoo is an Sr.com Hall of FamerMrVoodoo is an Sr.com Hall of FamerMrVoodoo is an Sr.com Hall of FamerMrVoodoo is an Sr.com Hall of FamerMrVoodoo is an Sr.com Hall of FamerMrVoodoo is an Sr.com Hall of FamerMrVoodoo is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Halo was one of the first first person shooters that allowed the gamer to play as a person, ground vehicle, and airborne vehicle. Any game that does this afterwards is going to be influenced by the fact Halo did it and was quite successful. There are only so many puzzle variations you can achieve while driving a vehicle - falling through the level is one of the easier options the developer can come up with while providing a pretty decent challenge. The one challenge where you had to find the ramp and jump over the cliff was nice, there could definitely be more things to challenge the players... but none as efficient as falling through a level.

The immulsion infused creatures did seem a bit like the flood - and the treck into the worm did feel like the treck into the flood brain thingy in halo 3. There were several times I felt a connection to halo 3 within the gow environment--- BUT... remember that they were developing these games around the same time and most of these developers don't really have that much time to delve into other games while they're developing their own. I have similar issues with the games I develop - I'd love to play more and draw influences from them to help with problems I've encountered in the past, but really I don't have time to do so and while there are often similarities between my game and others that run around the same time - there was no influence from either side on the development of the games. I could be mistaken about the time a video game designer has to play other games, but I'll take the side of coincidence and enjoy the seperate storyline with familiar elements any day
MrVoodoo is offline Reply With Quote

Old 01-02-2009, 02:52 AM   #290
Hall-of-Famer

rickysfan34 is a jewel in the rough
rickysfan34 is a jewel in the roughrickysfan34 is a jewel in the roughrickysfan34 is a jewel in the roughrickysfan34 is a jewel in the roughrickysfan34 is a jewel in the roughrickysfan34 is a jewel in the roughrickysfan34 is a jewel in the roughrickysfan34 is a jewel in the roughrickysfan34 is a jewel in the roughrickysfan34 is a jewel in the rough
why did they make it so the nades spawn like every 30 seconds(maybe less)? every single person abuses the crap out of this..ive seen dudes set like 10 mines
rickysfan34 is offline Reply With Quote

Old 01-02-2009, 04:57 AM   #291
Banned

Everything respawns at the same rate.

Old 01-02-2009, 05:32 AM   #292
Hall-of-Famer

rickysfan34 is a jewel in the roughrickysfan34 is a jewel in the roughrickysfan34 is a jewel in the roughrickysfan34 is a jewel in the roughrickysfan34 is a jewel in the roughrickysfan34 is a jewel in the roughrickysfan34 is a jewel in the roughrickysfan34 is a jewel in the roughrickysfan34 is a jewel in the roughrickysfan34 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Webmeistro View Post
Everything respawns at the same rate.
the nades spawn like 5x faster than the weapons, and are uber ghey

Old 01-02-2009, 11:04 AM   #293
Hall-of-Famer

Mauer is a splendid one to beholdMauer is a splendid one to beholdMauer is a splendid one to behold
Mauer is a splendid one to beholdMauer is a splendid one to beholdMauer is a splendid one to beholdMauer is a splendid one to beholdMauer is a splendid one to beholdMauer is a splendid one to beholdMauer is a splendid one to beholdMauer is a splendid one to beholdMauer is a splendid one to beholdMauer is a splendid one to beholdMauer is a splendid one to beholdMauer is a splendid one to beholdMauer is a splendid one to beholdMauer is a splendid one to beholdMauer is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickysfan34 View Post
why did they make it so the nades spawn like every 30 seconds(maybe less)? every single person abuses the crap out of this..ive seen dudes set like 10 mines
Every time I try to set more then 2 mines one of the other blows up, I think they only let you set 2 at a time.
Mauer is offline Reply With Quote

Old 01-02-2009, 04:46 PM   #294
Hall-of-Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauer View Post
Every time I try to set more then 2 mines one of the other blows up, I think they only let you set 2 at a time.
ive set way more than 2 on security and ruins, and didnt think they blew up...mine only blow up if i set or throw one in close proximity to another one i set

Old 01-02-2009, 10:22 PM   #295
Coach J

MrVoodoo is an Sr.com Hall of FamerMrVoodoo is an Sr.com Hall of FamerMrVoodoo is an Sr.com Hall of FamerMrVoodoo is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
MrVoodoo is an Sr.com Hall of FamerMrVoodoo is an Sr.com Hall of FamerMrVoodoo is an Sr.com Hall of FamerMrVoodoo is an Sr.com Hall of FamerMrVoodoo is an Sr.com Hall of FamerMrVoodoo is an Sr.com Hall of FamerMrVoodoo is an Sr.com Hall of FamerMrVoodoo is an Sr.com Hall of FamerMrVoodoo is an Sr.com Hall of FamerMrVoodoo is an Sr.com Hall of FamerMrVoodoo is an Sr.com Hall of FamerMrVoodoo is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickysfan34 View Post
ive set way more than 2 on security and ruins, and didnt think they blew up...mine only blow up if i set or throw one in close proximity to another one i set

You're only setting up more than 2 if:
a. you're glitching
b. someone blew up your nade and you didn't realize it.

You can't set up more than two on any map without blowing up the first one. Go to a private room... tag your smoke, grab the frags - tag a frag next to the smoke then tag another frag next to the smoke... you'll know for sure that nobody blew it up and you'll get knocked on your butt (I promise...)

btw - anyone else getting sick and tired of being blasted with a shotgun by someone hiding behind an invisible shield? I'm looking forward to them fixing a lot of these glitches, especially this one. I don't mind the weapon slid so much, but the ones that really make it tough to kill your opponent need fixed. Along with the various glitches that are aided by smokes, blowing players into walls/rooms where it's difficult to find them.

I'm sure you've all seen the spot in the two story houses on River where you can blow yourself behind the fuel tank, but I found out about another spot on gridlock that's similar to that - problem being that the character's arm sticks out from the wall.
MrVoodoo is offline Reply With Quote

Old 01-02-2009, 11:14 PM   #296
Hall-of-Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVoodoo View Post
You're only setting up more than 2 if:
a. you're glitching
b. someone blew up your nade and you didn't realize it.

You can't set up more than two on any map without blowing up the first one. Go to a private room... tag your smoke, grab the frags - tag a frag next to the smoke then tag another frag next to the smoke... you'll know for sure that nobody blew it up and you'll get knocked on your butt (I promise...)

i must be wrong and not knowing that they went off...i try not to abuse them unless its like 1 v 3...but they still spawn waaaay too often

Old 01-14-2009, 02:29 PM   #297
BREES SMASH!!

SaintsFanInLA Prestigious Gold Club MemberSaintsFanInLA Prestigious Gold Club MemberSaintsFanInLA Prestigious Gold Club MemberSaintsFanInLA Prestigious Gold Club MemberSaintsFanInLA Prestigious Gold Club Member
SaintsFanInLA Prestigious Gold Club MemberSaintsFanInLA Prestigious Gold Club MemberSaintsFanInLA Prestigious Gold Club MemberSaintsFanInLA Prestigious Gold Club MemberSaintsFanInLA Prestigious Gold Club MemberSaintsFanInLA Prestigious Gold Club MemberSaintsFanInLA Prestigious Gold Club MemberSaintsFanInLA Prestigious Gold Club MemberSaintsFanInLA Prestigious Gold Club Member
Didn't wanna roll through about prior 437,000 posts but I just wanted to say that I just recently discovered the Horde feature on Gears 2 and I ABSOLUTELY LOVE it. It is fantastic!!! At first I only saw the Private X-Box feature but once I discovered the Public X-Box feature it really opened up some things.

If you haven't done it already (I know that I am terribly late for most of you) I strongly recommend it!!
SaintsFanInLA is offline Reply With Quote

Old 01-14-2009, 11:32 PM   #298
Banned

I'll plant grenades right behind corners and then get people to chase me.