Saintsreport.com Forums
home Steve Gleasons Website
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Old 05-16-2011, 11:13 AM   #85
NOLA Raised

HennessyRob is a splendid one to beholdHennessyRob is a splendid one to behold
HennessyRob is a splendid one to beholdHennessyRob is a splendid one to beholdHennessyRob is a splendid one to beholdHennessyRob is a splendid one to beholdHennessyRob is a splendid one to beholdHennessyRob is a splendid one to beholdHennessyRob is a splendid one to beholdHennessyRob is a splendid one to beholdHennessyRob is a splendid one to beholdHennessyRob is a splendid one to beholdHennessyRob is a splendid one to beholdHennessyRob is a splendid one to beholdHennessyRob is a splendid one to behold
IGN's video review

HennessyRob is offline Reply With Quote

Old 05-16-2011, 11:23 AM   #86
Hall-of-Famer

Mauer is a splendid one to beholdMauer is a splendid one to beholdMauer is a splendid one to behold
Mauer is a splendid one to beholdMauer is a splendid one to beholdMauer is a splendid one to beholdMauer is a splendid one to beholdMauer is a splendid one to beholdMauer is a splendid one to beholdMauer is a splendid one to beholdMauer is a splendid one to beholdMauer is a splendid one to beholdMauer is a splendid one to behold
After watching this video the game looks really boring. Gamefly sent it today so we'll see.

http://kotaku.com/5802203/14-minutes...pected-thrills

And they wont even let me go on murder sprees!
Mauer is offline Reply With Quote

Old 05-16-2011, 11:26 AM   #87
NOLA Raised

HennessyRob is a splendid one to beholdHennessyRob is a splendid one to beholdHennessyRob is a splendid one to beholdHennessyRob is a splendid one to beholdHennessyRob is a splendid one to beholdHennessyRob is a splendid one to beholdHennessyRob is a splendid one to beholdHennessyRob is a splendid one to beholdHennessyRob is a splendid one to beholdHennessyRob is a splendid one to beholdHennessyRob is a splendid one to beholdHennessyRob is a splendid one to beholdHennessyRob is a splendid one to behold
Review Round-up

XPlay 5/5
http://www.g4tv.com/games/xbox-360/5...a-noire/review

Digital Spy 5/5
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/r...-xbox-360.html

Gametrailers 9.1
http://www.gametrailers.com/game/l-a-noire/3244

1UP A
http://www.1up.com/reviews/la-noire-review

Gamespot 9/10
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/adve...tabs%3Breviews

Old 05-16-2011, 11:27 AM   #88
NOLA Raised

It's a sad testament to the times that we are living in when being a good cop seems boring to alot of people.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-16-2011, 11:36 AM   #89
Hall-of-Famer

Mauer is a splendid one to beholdMauer is a splendid one to beholdMauer is a splendid one to behold
Mauer is a splendid one to beholdMauer is a splendid one to beholdMauer is a splendid one to beholdMauer is a splendid one to beholdMauer is a splendid one to beholdMauer is a splendid one to beholdMauer is a splendid one to beholdMauer is a splendid one to beholdMauer is a splendid one to beholdMauer is a splendid one to behold
It's not being a good cop that looks boring, John McClain is a good cop and his adventures are always entertaining. It's the flipping through notebooks and talking to everyone in sight for most of the game that looks boring, but I could be wrong. I'll give it a chance.
Mauer is offline Reply With Quote

Old 05-16-2011, 11:46 AM   #90
NOLA Raised

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauer View Post
It's not being a good cop that looks boring, John McClain is a good cop and his adventures are always entertaining. It's the flipping through notebooks and talking to everyone in sight for most of the game that looks boring, but I could be wrong. I'll give it a chance.
I guess the better way of putting it is that, playing a close to real-life good cop can really seem boring because the public is used to the "Die-Hard" cop that kills 400 people in 1 hour.

To each his own.
I applaud Rock Star for doing a game like this knowing full well that being able to kill everything is what sells these days, they went out and made a game where you are a by the book cop.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-16-2011, 11:55 AM   #91
ALL-MADDEN TEAM

gpupil is a splendid one to beholdgpupil is a splendid one to beholdgpupil is a splendid one to behold
gpupil is a splendid one to beholdgpupil is a splendid one to beholdgpupil is a splendid one to beholdgpupil is a splendid one to beholdgpupil is a splendid one to beholdgpupil is a splendid one to beholdgpupil is a splendid one to beholdgpupil is a splendid one to beholdgpupil is a splendid one to beholdgpupil is a splendid one to behold
The real concern with this game is the replay value. That's what was great about the GTA games; you could replay a mission and figure out more fun ways to accomplish your goals. I'm not sure this game will be able to do that.
gpupil is offline Reply With Quote

Old 05-16-2011, 11:59 AM   #92
NOLA Raised

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpupil View Post
The real concern with this game is the replay value. That's what was great about the GTA games; you could replay a mission and figure out more fun ways to accomplish your goals. I'm not sure this game will be able to do that.
60 plus cases right out of the box.
40 optional cases on the squad car radio.

Rock Star is promising double digit cases via DLC.

Old 05-16-2011, 01:02 PM   #93
UNSOBER

whodatfever 40K Burger Clubwhodatfever 40K Burger Clubwhodatfever 40K Burger Clubwhodatfever 40K Burger Clubwhodatfever 40K Burger Club
whodatfever 40K Burger Clubwhodatfever 40K Burger Clubwhodatfever 40K Burger Clubwhodatfever 40K Burger Clubwhodatfever 40K Burger Clubwhodatfever 40K Burger Clubwhodatfever 40K Burger Clubwhodatfever 40K Burger Clubwhodatfever 40K Burger Clubwhodatfever 40K Burger Clubwhodatfever 40K Burger Clubwhodatfever 40K Burger Clubwhodatfever 40K Burger Club
Giantbomb says the PS3 doesn't suffer from framerate drop-outs like the 360 version does. PS3 also comes with free DLC and has the benefit of being on one disc.

They gave it 5/5 stars.

Quote:
L.A. Noire is a bold release, because it defies the expectations not just for the type of game Rockstar usually releases, but also for the type of game that receives this degree of care and proficiency in its execution. The world already has enough open-world action games, but a game which marries that open world to such a methodical style of gameplay, with a budget this big, is a rare thing indeed.
http://www.giantbomb.com/la-noire/61-21500/reviews/

They loved it, like everyone else.

buzd tells me he isn't buying it cause he would feel guilty wasting gaming time not playing Rift. I think it's time we take that game away from him. He needs an intervention.
whodatfever is offline Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-16-2011, 01:15 PM   #94
space monkey

antipop Prestigious Gold Club Memberantipop Prestigious Gold Club Memberantipop Prestigious Gold Club Memberantipop Prestigious Gold Club Memberantipop Prestigious Gold Club Memberantipop Prestigious Gold Club Member
antipop Prestigious Gold Club Memberantipop Prestigious Gold Club Memberantipop Prestigious Gold Club Memberantipop Prestigious Gold Club Memberantipop Prestigious Gold Club Memberantipop Prestigious Gold Club Memberantipop Prestigious Gold Club Memberantipop Prestigious Gold Club Memberantipop Prestigious Gold Club Memberantipop Prestigious Gold Club Memberantipop Prestigious Gold Club Member
Rockstar

Old 05-16-2011, 01:17 PM   #95
Knowmsayin?

Twenty 50K Burger ClubTwenty 50K Burger ClubTwenty 50K Burger ClubTwenty 50K Burger ClubTwenty 50K Burger ClubTwenty 50K Burger ClubTwenty 50K Burger Club
Twenty 50K Burger ClubTwenty 50K Burger ClubTwenty 50K Burger ClubTwenty 50K Burger ClubTwenty 50K Burger ClubTwenty 50K Burger ClubTwenty 50K Burger ClubTwenty 50K Burger ClubTwenty 50K Burger ClubTwenty 50K Burger ClubTwenty 50K Burger ClubTwenty 50K Burger ClubTwenty 50K Burger ClubTwenty 50K Burger Club
If I wanted to solve cases the right way, I would join the police force.

I'm playing a video game in order to escape reality. Also, to shoot people in the face.

I don't want to have to do real life tasks in a video game. Being a "play by the rules good cop" falls under the "workout and eat breakfast in GTA: San Andreas" category. Sure it's close to real life, but that doesn't translate to video game fun.

I'm not spending 60 bucks to be Nancy Drew.

1 out of 4 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-16-2011, 01:17 PM   #96
space monkey

antipop Prestigious Gold Club Memberantipop Prestigious Gold Club Memberantipop Prestigious Gold Club Memberantipop Prestigious Gold Club Memberantipop Prestigious Gold Club Memberantipop Prestigious Gold Club Member
antipop Prestigious Gold Club Memberantipop Prestigious Gold Club Memberantipop Prestigious Gold Club Memberantipop Prestigious Gold Club Memberantipop Prestigious Gold Club Memberantipop Prestigious Gold Club Memberantipop Prestigious Gold Club Memberantipop Prestigious Gold Club Memberantipop Prestigious Gold Club Memberantipop Prestigious Gold Club Memberantipop Prestigious Gold Club Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty View Post
If I wanted to solve cases the right way, I would join the police force.

I'm playing a video game in order to escape reality. Also, to shoot people in the face.

I don't want to have to do real life tasks in a video game. Being a "play by the rules good cop" falls under the "workout and eat breakfast in GTA: San Andreas" category. Sure it's close to real life, but that doesn't translate to video game fun.

keep on playing those cookie cutter shooter games and shut up

by the way, who are you??

4 out of 4 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-16-2011, 01:17 PM   #97
party lamp

buzd Prestigious Gold Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Gold Club Member
buzd Prestigious Gold Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Gold Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Gold Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Gold Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Gold Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Gold Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Gold Club Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty View Post

The good thing is you don't have to, Nancy.

6 out of 6 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-16-2011, 01:18 PM   #98
party lamp

buzd Prestigious Gold Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Gold Club Member
buzd Prestigious Gold Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Gold Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Gold Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Gold Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Gold Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Gold Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Gold Club Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by whodatfever View Post

buzd tells me he isn't buying it cause he would feel guilty wasting gaming time not playing Rift. I think it's time we take that game away from him. He needs an intervention.
Who said anything about guilt?