home
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Go Back   New Orleans Saints - Saints Report - Message Boards > GENERAL > Video Games Board

Google Ads
Latest Poll
It's been reported that Graham is looking for $12 mill/yr. You are Loomis, what would you do?
Give him the 12 mill per year
Give him Gronkowski money plus a little bit
Franchise tag him as a TE
Franchise tag him as a WR
Franchise tag him and try to trade him
Let him walk
Sponsored Ads

Old 11-02-2008, 10:36 AM   #1
Very Banned

Reggiebush504 is an unknown quantity at this point
Left 4 Dead

4 player zombie co op madness!
Reggiebush504 is offline Reply With Quote

Old 11-02-2008, 10:45 AM   #2
you don't get me

antipop Prestigious Gold Club Memberantipop Prestigious Gold Club Memberantipop Prestigious Gold Club Memberantipop Prestigious Gold Club Memberantipop Prestigious Gold Club Memberantipop Prestigious Gold Club Memberantipop Prestigious Gold Club Member
antipop Prestigious Gold Club Memberantipop Prestigious Gold Club Memberantipop Prestigious Gold Club Member
looks cool

Old 11-02-2008, 11:58 AM   #3
Hall-of-Famer

TheMike62987 is marching in
TheMike62987 is marching inTheMike62987 is marching inTheMike62987 is marching inTheMike62987 is marching inTheMike62987 is marching inTheMike62987 is marching inTheMike62987 is marching inTheMike62987 is marching inTheMike62987 is marching inTheMike62987 is marching inTheMike62987 is marching inTheMike62987 is marching inTheMike62987 is marching in
I need to go change my pants. I just had an orgasm. I can't wait for this game.
TheMike62987 is offline Reply With Quote

Old 11-02-2008, 02:45 PM   #4
It figures

Sackhappysaint is a splendid one to beholdSackhappysaint is a splendid one to beholdSackhappysaint is a splendid one to behold
Sackhappysaint is a splendid one to beholdSackhappysaint is a splendid one to beholdSackhappysaint is a splendid one to beholdSackhappysaint is a splendid one to beholdSackhappysaint is a splendid one to beholdSackhappysaint is a splendid one to beholdSackhappysaint is a splendid one to behold
It's dissapointing that they used such a dated graphics engine. Counter-strike source? That's a nice cinematic, but it doesn't show gameplay.

C'mon, I want to see next generation type stuff with zombies. Then again maybe they can maximise that engine out to look good enough to compete with todays top games. I"m still looking forward to this game though.
Sackhappysaint is offline Reply With Quote

Old 11-02-2008, 03:58 PM   #5
NOLA Raised

HennessyRob is a splendid one to beholdHennessyRob is a splendid one to behold
HennessyRob is a splendid one to beholdHennessyRob is a splendid one to beholdHennessyRob is a splendid one to beholdHennessyRob is a splendid one to beholdHennessyRob is a splendid one to beholdHennessyRob is a splendid one to beholdHennessyRob is a splendid one to beholdHennessyRob is a splendid one to beholdHennessyRob is a splendid one to beholdHennessyRob is a splendid one to beholdHennessyRob is a splendid one to beholdHennessyRob is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackhappysaint View Post
It's dissapointing that they used such a dated graphics engine. Counter-strike source? That's a nice cinematic, but it doesn't show gameplay.

C'mon, I want to see next generation type stuff with zombies. Then again maybe they can maximise that engine out to look good enough to compete with todays top games. I"m still looking forward to this game though.
i was thinking the samething

Old 11-02-2008, 04:01 PM   #6
Fan By Blood

redlandssaintsson is a splendid one to beholdredlandssaintsson is a splendid one to beholdredlandssaintsson is a splendid one to behold
redlandssaintsson is a splendid one to beholdredlandssaintsson is a splendid one to beholdredlandssaintsson is a splendid one to beholdredlandssaintsson is a splendid one to beholdredlandssaintsson is a splendid one to beholdredlandssaintsson is a splendid one to beholdredlandssaintsson is a splendid one to behold
As Long as the Gameplay is top notch I'll let the graphics slide a bit.
redlandssaintsson is offline Reply With Quote

Old 11-02-2008, 05:03 PM   #7
Very Banned

Reggiebush504 is an unknown quantity at this point
Game play vids are good enough for me. You can find them on youtube. Im so tired of the word "next gen" Game companies put to much time into living up to the buzz word NEXT GEN. I like good games not games that look good
Reggiebush504 is offline Reply With Quote

Old 11-02-2008, 06:47 PM   #8
Hall-of-Famer

TheMike62987 is marching in
TheMike62987 is marching inTheMike62987 is marching inTheMike62987 is marching inTheMike62987 is marching inTheMike62987 is marching inTheMike62987 is marching inTheMike62987 is marching inTheMike62987 is marching inTheMike62987 is marching inTheMike62987 is marching inTheMike62987 is marching inTheMike62987 is marching inTheMike62987 is marching in
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggiebush504 View Post
Game play vids are good enough for me. You can find them on youtube. Im so tired of the word "next gen" Game companies put to much time into living up to the buzz word NEXT GEN. I like good games not games that look good
TheMike62987 is offline Reply With Quote

Old 11-06-2008, 06:00 AM   #9
I still hate the 49ers

Bodybag is a BEAST!Bodybag is a BEAST!Bodybag is a BEAST!Bodybag is a BEAST!Bodybag is a BEAST!Bodybag is a BEAST!Bodybag is a BEAST!Bodybag is a BEAST!Bodybag is a BEAST!Bodybag is a BEAST!Bodybag is a BEAST!Bodybag is a BEAST!
Demo goes live on Steam in like 30 seconds.

EDIT: make that 2 hours and 30 seconds (freakin' PST > )
Bodybag is offline Reply With Quote

Old 11-06-2008, 06:44 PM   #10
I still hate the 49ers

Bodybag is a BEAST!Bodybag is a BEAST!Bodybag is a BEAST!Bodybag is a BEAST!Bodybag is a BEAST!Bodybag is a BEAST!Bodybag is a BEAST!Bodybag is a BEAST!Bodybag is a BEAST!Bodybag is a BEAST!Bodybag is a BEAST!Bodybag is a BEAST!
Ok, is anyone else playing this game? It is as advertised - the best thing ever.

The only real downside is if you want to play with friends you have to host the game on your machine, as there's no dedicated servers up yet. So, lag is potentially an issue for online coop (on the pC version, anyways).

This is the zombie game everyone's been waiting for.

Old 11-06-2008, 06:51 PM   #11
ALL-MADDEN TEAM

UptownSaintsFan has a spectacular aura aboutUptownSaintsFan has a spectacular aura aboutUptownSaintsFan has a spectacular aura aboutUptownSaintsFan has a spectacular aura aboutUptownSaintsFan has a spectacular aura aboutUptownSaintsFan has a spectacular aura aboutUptownSaintsFan has a spectacular aura aboutUptownSaintsFan has a spectacular aura aboutUptownSaintsFan has a spectacular aura aboutUptownSaintsFan has a spectacular aura aboutUptownSaintsFan has a spectacular aura aboutUptownSaintsFan has a spectacular aura aboutUptownSaintsFan has a spectacular aura aboutUptownSaintsFan has a spectacular aura about
it doesn't come out until 11/17, right?

Old 11-06-2008, 08:47 PM   #12
It figures

Sackhappysaint is a splendid one to beholdSackhappysaint is a splendid one to beholdSackhappysaint is a splendid one to behold
Sackhappysaint is a splendid one to beholdSackhappysaint is a splendid one to beholdSackhappysaint is a splendid one to beholdSackhappysaint is a splendid one to beholdSackhappysaint is a splendid one to beholdSackhappysaint is a splendid one to beholdSackhappysaint is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggiebush504 View Post
But just because it's NEXT GENERATION doesn't mean it can't have good gameplay. Also, if a company is gonna cut corners on a graphics engine it tells me they are more prone to penny pinching.

Nowdays, I want both good gameplay and next generation graphics/ and or physics(or both). I really love immersive games and better graphics usually make it easier for a game developer to suck you in.

Fallout 3
Bioshock
F.e.a.r(for its time on pc back in 2005, consol version is crap)
COD 4
Gears of war
Grand theft auto 4(truly a masterpiece in physics for consol gamers, they finally get a taste, all be it a small one, of what pc gaming is about)
Crysis

All with next generation graphics and all great games with great gameplay. OF course, you don't have to have next generation to make a good game, but it helps a great deal. Hey, WOW's graphics are nothing special, but even wow is an artistic masterpiece. What it lacks in graphics, it more than makes up for in the artistic department.

HOWEVER, it remains to be seen how much toothpaste is left in the counter strike engine. Perhaps there is more juice in it than we realise? Or maybe the graphics will be subpar at best but the gameplay will be a blast... thats possible also.

I know this much. If the graphics are bad/weak, the game is starting out its fight for success with one arm tied behind its back making the chances of it being a great game a lot harder.

I'll be buying this game no matter what the reviews if for no other reason than to see just how much juice is left in the tank for the CS engine. Well, that and I'm a sucker for zombie games.
Sackhappysaint is offline Reply With Quote

Old 11-06-2008, 10:18 PM   #13
don't read this

LanceStarr is a future SR.com Hall of FamerLanceStarr is a future SR.com Hall of FamerLanceStarr is a future SR.com Hall of FamerLanceStarr is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
LanceStarr is a future SR.com Hall of FamerLanceStarr is a future SR.com Hall of FamerLanceStarr is a future SR.com Hall of FamerLanceStarr is a future SR.com Hall of FamerLanceStarr is a future SR.com Hall of FamerLanceStarr is a future SR.com Hall of FamerLanceStarr is a future SR.com Hall of FamerLanceStarr is a future SR.com Hall of FamerLanceStarr is a future SR.com Hall of FamerLanceStarr is a future SR.com Hall of FamerLanceStarr is a future SR.com Hall of FamerLanceStarr is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackhappysaint View Post
HOWEVER, it remains to be seen how much toothpaste is left in the counter strike engine..
This isn't entirely accurate. Counter-Strike: Source, Half-Life 2, etc. were built on the Valve's Source engine. An engine that has been refined to keep up with today's standards of gaming. When Half-Life 2: Episode 1 came out, it was on an updated version of Source. When HL2: Ep. 2 came out, it was yet another updated version of Source. It is not an outdated gaming engine because they continue to maintain it. Left 4 Dead, and the upcoming Half-Life 2: Episode 3, will likely be on a version of Source that no one has even seen yet, and will likely be comparable to anything released right now.

I'm excited for this title...
LanceStarr is offline Reply With Quote

Old 11-06-2008, 11:04 PM   #14
I still hate the 49ers

(pssst: there's a demo on PC if you preorder the game on Steam)