New Page 1
home Steve Gleasons Website
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Go Back   New Orleans Saints - Saints Report - Message Boards > GENERAL > Video Games Board

Google Ads
Sponsored Ads

Old 03-07-2012, 09:49 AM   #71

Jetsfan115 has a spectacular aura aboutJetsfan115 has a spectacular aura aboutJetsfan115 has a spectacular aura aboutJetsfan115 has a spectacular aura aboutJetsfan115 has a spectacular aura aboutJetsfan115 has a spectacular aura aboutJetsfan115 has a spectacular aura aboutJetsfan115 has a spectacular aura aboutJetsfan115 has a spectacular aura aboutJetsfan115 has a spectacular aura aboutJetsfan115 has a spectacular aura aboutJetsfan115 has a spectacular aura aboutJetsfan115 has a spectacular aura aboutJetsfan115 has a spectacular aura about
played a little over and hour and a half. Finished the 1st 2 missions. its an amazing game. I went engineer but now i might be regretting it lol.
Jetsfan115 is offline Reply With Quote

Old 03-07-2012, 09:57 PM   #72
Welcome to Thunderdome

Brennan77 Prestigious Gold Club MemberBrennan77 Prestigious Gold Club Member
Brennan77 Prestigious Gold Club MemberBrennan77 Prestigious Gold Club MemberBrennan77 Prestigious Gold Club MemberBrennan77 Prestigious Gold Club MemberBrennan77 Prestigious Gold Club MemberBrennan77 Prestigious Gold Club MemberBrennan77 Prestigious Gold Club MemberBrennan77 Prestigious Gold Club MemberBrennan77 Prestigious Gold Club MemberBrennan77 Prestigious Gold Club MemberBrennan77 Prestigious Gold Club MemberBrennan77 Prestigious Gold Club MemberBrennan77 Prestigious Gold Club MemberBrennan77 Prestigious Gold Club Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by HennessyRob View Post
I played it for an hour as well and made myself stop because I felt that old feeling coming back. I knew I would play for 8 hours more if I hadn't stop right then.
I am trying to be disciplined. I installed the game and redeemed my DLC. Then turned off the PS3. I have too much going on this week. If I start, I won't stop. Perhaps this weekend will be good.
“We are not spared dark nights. They are clearly necessary, so that we can learn through suffering, so that we can acquire freedom and maturity and above all else a capacity for sympathy with others.” Pope Benedict XVI
Brennan77 is offline Reply With Quote

Old 03-07-2012, 10:01 PM   #73
NOLA Raised

HennessyRob is a splendid one to beholdHennessyRob is a splendid one to behold
HennessyRob is a splendid one to beholdHennessyRob is a splendid one to beholdHennessyRob is a splendid one to beholdHennessyRob is a splendid one to beholdHennessyRob is a splendid one to beholdHennessyRob is a splendid one to beholdHennessyRob is a splendid one to beholdHennessyRob is a splendid one to beholdHennessyRob is a splendid one to beholdHennessyRob is a splendid one to beholdHennessyRob is a splendid one to beholdHennessyRob is a splendid one to beholdHennessyRob is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brennan77 View Post
I am trying to be disciplined. I installed the game and redeemed my DLC. Then turned off the PS3. I have too much going on this week. If I start, I won't stop. Perhaps this weekend will be good.
I got away with playing only a few hours today.
HennessyRob is offline Reply With Quote

Old 03-08-2012, 08:29 AM   #74
The Lynch King

GeauxTigers1 is on a distinguished roadGeauxTigers1 is on a distinguished roadGeauxTigers1 is on a distinguished roadGeauxTigers1 is on a distinguished roadGeauxTigers1 is on a distinguished roadGeauxTigers1 is on a distinguished roadGeauxTigers1 is on a distinguished road
Controls suck.....my guy all over the place rolling and sticking. I beat both ME and ME2.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-08-2012, 08:51 AM   #75
The Scourge of Christians

Lustmord is an Sr.com Hall of FamerLustmord is an Sr.com Hall of FamerLustmord is an Sr.com Hall of FamerLustmord is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Lustmord is an Sr.com Hall of FamerLustmord is an Sr.com Hall of FamerLustmord is an Sr.com Hall of FamerLustmord is an Sr.com Hall of FamerLustmord is an Sr.com Hall of FamerLustmord is an Sr.com Hall of FamerLustmord is an Sr.com Hall of FamerLustmord is an Sr.com Hall of FamerLustmord is an Sr.com Hall of FamerLustmord is an Sr.com Hall of FamerLustmord is an Sr.com Hall of FamerLustmord is an Sr.com Hall of FamerLustmord is an Sr.com Hall of FamerLustmord is an Sr.com Hall of FamerLustmord is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
like it so far except going to the citadel which is too much wondering around in a space soap opera.
Lustmord is offline Reply With Quote

Old 03-08-2012, 09:44 AM   #76
Learned to live again.

voodoo_blues is a glorious beacon of lightvoodoo_blues is a glorious beacon of light
voodoo_blues is a glorious beacon of lightvoodoo_blues is a glorious beacon of lightvoodoo_blues is a glorious beacon of lightvoodoo_blues is a glorious beacon of lightvoodoo_blues is a glorious beacon of lightvoodoo_blues is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeauxTigers1 View Post
Controls suck.....my guy all over the place rolling and sticking. I beat both ME and ME2.
I love the controls. Makes it a lot easier to dodge attacks.

Anyone using Kinect to play? I don't have kinect and was wondering if it really is better with it.

There are also some really terrible MP players.

Old 03-08-2012, 09:46 AM   #77

Jetsfan115 has a spectacular aura aboutJetsfan115 has a spectacular aura aboutJetsfan115 has a spectacular aura aboutJetsfan115 has a spectacular aura aboutJetsfan115 has a spectacular aura aboutJetsfan115 has a spectacular aura aboutJetsfan115 has a spectacular aura aboutJetsfan115 has a spectacular aura aboutJetsfan115 has a spectacular aura aboutJetsfan115 has a spectacular aura aboutJetsfan115 has a spectacular aura aboutJetsfan115 has a spectacular aura aboutJetsfan115 has a spectacular aura aboutJetsfan115 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeauxTigers1 View Post
They made it more free flowing. I don't have an issue with it 99% of the time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lustmord View Post
like it so far except going to the citadel which is too much wondering around in a space soap opera.
It does start a little slow. The 1st couple of missions are really story driven but I played my 1st real mission (when you get to pick) and did the DLC to recruit the Prothean squad member, it was a good mission

Old 03-08-2012, 09:47 AM   #78

By the way. the pre order items suck. i got the argus and valkeryie rifles and picked up a better one in the 1st level. ***??? the defender armor sucks compared to your normal starting armor. I'm seriously disappointed in the DLC pre order weapons

Old 03-08-2012, 09:53 AM   #79
Learned to live again.

voodoo_blues is a glorious beacon of lightvoodoo_blues is a glorious beacon of light
voodoo_blues is a glorious beacon of lightvoodoo_blues is a glorious beacon of lightvoodoo_blues is a glorious beacon of lightvoodoo_blues is a glorious beacon of lightvoodoo_blues is a glorious beacon of lightvoodoo_blues is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetsfan115 View Post
By the way. the pre order items suck. i got the argus and valkeryie rifles and picked up a better one in the 1st level. ***??? the defender armor sucks compared to your normal starting armor. I'm seriously disappointed in the DLC pre order weapons
I like the Valkeryie its my main weapon. The Argus is garbage though. I like the the look of the Todd mcfarlane armor that you can unlock by playing that demo but it doesn't look like it should be in a sci-fi game.

Old 03-08-2012, 10:25 AM   #80
The Scourge of Christians

Lustmord is an Sr.com Hall of FamerLustmord is an Sr.com Hall of FamerLustmord is an Sr.com Hall of FamerLustmord is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Lustmord is an Sr.com Hall of FamerLustmord is an Sr.com Hall of FamerLustmord is an Sr.com Hall of FamerLustmord is an Sr.com Hall of FamerLustmord is an Sr.com Hall of FamerLustmord is an Sr.com Hall of FamerLustmord is an Sr.com Hall of FamerLustmord is an Sr.com Hall of FamerLustmord is an Sr.com Hall of FamerLustmord is an Sr.com Hall of FamerLustmord is an Sr.com Hall of FamerLustmord is an Sr.com Hall of FamerLustmord is an Sr.com Hall of FamerLustmord is an Sr.com Hall of FamerLustmord is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoo_blues View Post

Anyone using Kinect to play? I don't have kinect and was wondering if it really is better with it.

\
i use the connect for the conversation tree- have not used i for squad commands yet- seems to work fine.
Lustmord is offline Reply With Quote

Old 03-08-2012, 05:35 PM   #81
Learned to live again.

The most fun achievement so far....Mail Slot.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-09-2012, 10:09 AM   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lustmord View Post
it starts off slow for sure

Old 03-09-2012, 10:23 AM   #83

Quote:
I like the Valkeryie its my main weapon. The Argus is garbage though. I like the the look of the Todd mcfarlane armor that you can unlock by playing that demo but it doesn't look like it should be in a sci-fi game.
I like the vindicater the best so far. i tried the avernger, argus, valkeryie, next mision i'm gonna try the particle one tonight

Quote:
The most fun achievement so far....Mail Slot.
For sure. nothing like taking a guardian down with its shields up

Old 03-09-2012, 01:15 PM   #84
Veteran Starter

Portland is a BEAST!Portland is a BEAST!Portland is a BEAST!Portland is a BEAST!Portland is a BEAST!Portland is a BEAST!Portland is a BEAST!Portland is a BEAST!Portland is a BEAST!Portland is a BEAST!Portland is a BEAST!Portland is a BEAST!
Quote:

Kinect is a nice touch and works very well I think. You can interact during dialogue sequences by speaking out the choice you want to which gives a nice immersion to it. You don't have to enunciate everything and speak perfectly either. My girlfriend loves watching me play and we actually end up taking turns speaking out the dialogue choices which makes her even happier now that she can participate and I get to play longer

Opening doors, bypassing things, and interacting with the environment can be done with Kinect voice interaction as well but isn't really needed but still there if you want to use it for that. You can also save the game too which is nice but the most awesome part is using Kinect to use your powers or having your squad use theirs. There isn't much of a delay in saying the commands and them actually happening either. No longer having to bring up the powers wheel in the middle of the action to map powers or USE powers has really streamlined the game a lot for me even though I could still pull them off pretty quick in ME1-2. It's awesome being able to weave commands by saying "Garrus Concussive Shot." "Liara Lift." "Charge."

This is one of my favorite commands as it knocks enemies on their ***** which gives liara time and a clear window to lift and float them in the air, then I smash into them with my charge (Vanguard) and they go flying. =D

This is one of those few games where I would agree with the purple bar on the box that says it's better with Kinect, however I would not purchase a Kinect just for this game. So if you have other games in minds to get if you buy a Kinect I say go for it!
Portland is offline Reply With Quote