home
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Google Ads
Latest Poll
It's been reported that Graham is looking for $12 mill/yr. You are Loomis, what would you do?
Give him the 12 mill per year
Give him Gronkowski money plus a little bit
Franchise tag him as a TE
Franchise tag him as a WR
Franchise tag him and try to trade him
Let him walk
Sponsored Ads

View Poll Results: What will Jonesy buy on May 1?
PS3 31 27.93%
xbox 360 51 45.95%
Wii 7 6.31%
New guitar 13 11.71%
None of the Above/Other 9 8.11%
Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-08-2008, 09:47 PM   #43
Proudly wearing my dress!

obwhiteo is a splendid one to beholdobwhiteo is a splendid one to beholdobwhiteo is a splendid one to behold
obwhiteo is a splendid one to beholdobwhiteo is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by domedog316 View Post
You touted the PS3's massive storage for "endless expandability" thus insinuating that the 360 didn't have the same option.

I own both and the PS3 doesn't own anything yet. It's a good system right now.....but far from dominant. We are talking about a gaming system....heck the Wii has a web browser.....does that mean it owns any other system without one? Nope.

Also, I find that a heavier controller is better when playing games and there are lots of folks who'd agree.

Again, I got all three systems and the 360 right now is the better gaming system. I think that the PS3 and the 360 will continue to be strong while the Wii will be content with the leftovers.....and even the leftovers are substantial so all three will succeed and be prosperous.

The whole my system owns your system argument is just lame because people are too biased based on what they have.....it's unreasonable to expect someone to be unbiased when they've sunk major dollars into something....

i want the most bang for my buck.... PS3 offers that.... it's really not worth arguing over, it's all personal preference, but nothing will convince me that xbox is better!!! they have HALO, (which i hate) and that is the one big UP they have over over ps3, ps3 has internet browser, free online, blu-ray, bluetooth, 1080p, you can record home movies, audio, photo editing software with the PSeye, which is awesome, GAMES THAT ALLOW YOU TO CONTROL THINGS WITHOUT A CONTROLLER, YOUR IN THE SCREEN MOVING OBJECTS WITH YOUR HANDS... you can use ur phone headset as a mic. FREE upgrade's, more user friendly set-up, and room for much more expansion,
Most important: xbox also has the highest failure rate of any system, something like 5 to 1 over any other system, seems like everyone i know is already on their 2nd one....

I understand the bias stance, but seriously the only rubtle is: (they also have wireless controllers and a hard drive) two things i never said they didn't have, the WAY the controllers are wireless is what is better, USB connection and bluetooth connection, (not that u would) but you could use ur controller from ur neighbors house....PS3 did it right with the system, it's MORE than a video game system, yes you can get a video game system or you can get a video game system, computer, blu-ray player, etc..... replace ur entire entertainment system with one machine.... not to mention, i'm on mine now, laying on my couch using my wireless keyboard and mouse to surf the net....

Last edited by obwhiteo; 04-08-2008 at 10:02 PM.
obwhiteo is offline Reply With Quote

Old 04-08-2008, 09:52 PM   #44
bop
Very Banned

bop is on a distinguished roadbop is on a distinguished roadbop is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by obwhiteo View Post
buddy i've researched... i supervised a circuit city for 3 years..i know everything about both systems... xbox doesn't have bluetooth wireless controllers, and they have a bulky battery that has to be recharged, you can charge a ps3 controller with anything that has a USB port, and the controller is about 12 times lighter and where did i say that the xbox didn't have a hard drive???? and that's one heck of a web-browser x-box has, o wait!!!!....YES PS3=OWNAGE!!!
My 360 wireless controller allows me to play games from across the room with no wire. You know, what a wireless controller is supposed to do. Whether it is bluetooth or not makes no difference to me. And are you really claiming the way you recharge a controller as proof ownage? LOL ok.....

Also, You claimed the ps3s "massive hard drive" as an advantage when the 360 has a huge 120 gig hard drive.

The whole system fanboy thing is ********. Its all about the games for me and has been every system generation since the nes. I own 2 systems this generation and will make the ps3 my 3rd when the better exclusives hit, but right now the 360 is easily on top in the games department and therefore I recommend the OP get the 360 if he is in the market for a gaming system. By all means continue to enjoy the things that you consider to make a system great like bluetooth controllers and the ability to play blueray movies. I'll just have to continue to be stuck playing the most great games.
bop is offline Reply With Quote

Old 04-08-2008, 09:59 PM   #45
Super Forum Fanatic

robsmith32 has a spectacular aura aboutrobsmith32 has a spectacular aura aboutrobsmith32 has a spectacular aura aboutrobsmith32 has a spectacular aura aboutrobsmith32 has a spectacular aura aboutrobsmith32 has a spectacular aura aboutrobsmith32 has a spectacular aura aboutrobsmith32 has a spectacular aura aboutrobsmith32 has a spectacular aura aboutrobsmith32 has a spectacular aura aboutrobsmith32 has a spectacular aura aboutrobsmith32 has a spectacular aura aboutrobsmith32 has a spectacular aura about
what jonesy should get, depends strictly on what jonesy enjoys,... i can't speak that for him.
robsmith32 is offline Reply With Quote

Old 04-08-2008, 10:06 PM   #46
bop
Very Banned

bop is on a distinguished roadbop is on a distinguished roadbop is on a distinguished road
Quote:
i want the most bang for my buck.... PS3 offers that.... it's really not worth arguing over, it's all personal preference, but nothing will convince me that xbox is better!!! they have HALO, (which i hate) and that is the one big UP they have over over ps3, ps3 has internet browser, free online, blu-ray, bluetooth, you can record home movies, audio, photo editing software with the PSeye, which is awesome, GAMES THAT ALLOW YOU TO CONTROL THINGS WITHOUT A CONTROLLER, YOUR IN THE SCREEN MOVING OBJECTS WITH YOUR HANDS... you can use ur phone headset as a mic. FREE upgrade's, more user friendly set-up, and room for much more expansion,
Most important: xbox also has the highest failure rate of any system, something like 5 to 1 over any other system, seems like everyone i know is already on their 2nd one....

I understand the bias stance, but seriously the only rubtle is: (they also have wireless controllers and a hard drive) two things i never said they didn't have, the WAY the controllers are wireless is what is better, USB connection and bluetooth connection, (not that u would) but you could use ur controller from ur neighbors house....PS3 did it right with the system, it's MORE than a video game system, yes you can get a video game system or you can get a video game system, computer, blu-ray player, etc..... replace ur entire entertainment system with one machine.... not to mention, i'm on mine now, laying on my couch using my wireless keyboard and mouse to surf the net....

I also want the most bang for my buck and to me games equal bang. Halo is the only game 360 has over ps3? Really? What about:

Mass Effect
Gears of War
Lost Odyssey
The PGR series
Forza

Thats just naming a few. These are great games that if you only own a ps3 you will miss out on. Now when MGS and FF (among others) start to come out for the ps3 I'll get one because I dont have a pro or anti stance toward microsoft or sony. Im pro large amounts of great games. Like I said, last gen it was the exact opposite with me owning a ps2 but no xbox.

Old 04-09-2008, 12:05 AM   #47
you don't get me

antipop Prestigious Gold Club Memberantipop Prestigious Gold Club Memberantipop Prestigious Gold Club Memberantipop Prestigious Gold Club Memberantipop Prestigious Gold Club Memberantipop Prestigious Gold Club Memberantipop Prestigious Gold Club Member
antipop Prestigious Gold Club Memberantipop Prestigious Gold Club Memberantipop Prestigious Gold Club Memberantipop Prestigious Gold Club Member

Old 04-09-2008, 01:02 AM   #48
Hall-of-Famer

DeuceMcAllisterFan is a name known to allDeuceMcAllisterFan is a name known to all
DeuceMcAllisterFan is a name known to allDeuceMcAllisterFan is a name known to allDeuceMcAllisterFan is a name known to allDeuceMcAllisterFan is a name known to allDeuceMcAllisterFan is a name known to allDeuceMcAllisterFan is a name known to allDeuceMcAllisterFan is a name known to allDeuceMcAllisterFan is a name known to allDeuceMcAllisterFan is a name known to all
I have a 3 month old 360 pro with 2 controllers along with cod4, forza2, marvel ultimate alliance, and viva pinata if you're interested in a barely used console. Between work, school, SR, sports, and a girl, it's hard for me to find time to get into gaming. PM me if you or anyone else is interested.

It's collecting dust atm.
DeuceMcAllisterFan is offline Reply With Quote

Old 04-09-2008, 01:37 AM   #49
Practice Squad

LSSpam 40K Burger ClubLSSpam 40K Burger ClubLSSpam 40K Burger ClubLSSpam 40K Burger Club
LSSpam 40K Burger Club

Awards Showcase
Professor Pigskin Award 
Total Awards: 1

I voted an Xbox360 because I own an Xbox360

I bought a console largely for two reasons.

Sports games
Halo

EA is on both systems, but Halo only came on the 360. So ended my very scientific, highly analytical, fair and thorough decision making process.

Old 04-09-2008, 01:54 AM   #50
самозащита без оружия

BleedBlackNGold is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBleedBlackNGold is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBleedBlackNGold is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBleedBlackNGold is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
BleedBlackNGold is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBleedBlackNGold is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBleedBlackNGold is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBleedBlackNGold is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBleedBlackNGold is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBleedBlackNGold is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBleedBlackNGold is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBleedBlackNGold is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBleedBlackNGold is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBleedBlackNGold is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBleedBlackNGold is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBleedBlackNGold is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBleedBlackNGold is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBleedBlackNGold is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBleedBlackNGold is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
I don't know why people keep arguing over controllers. It is personal preference and no one is greater than the other.
BleedBlackNGold is offline Reply With Quote

Old 04-09-2008, 08:00 AM   #51
How's ya momma an dem?

AsaPW is an Sr.com Hall of FamerAsaPW is an Sr.com Hall of FamerAsaPW is an Sr.com Hall of FamerAsaPW is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
AsaPW is an Sr.com Hall of FamerAsaPW is an Sr.com Hall of FamerAsaPW is an Sr.com Hall of FamerAsaPW is an Sr.com Hall of FamerAsaPW is an Sr.com Hall of FamerAsaPW is an Sr.com Hall of FamerAsaPW is an Sr.com Hall of FamerAsaPW is an Sr.com Hall of FamerAsaPW is an Sr.com Hall of FamerAsaPW is an Sr.com Hall of FamerAsaPW is an Sr.com Hall of FamerAsaPW is an Sr.com Hall of FamerAsaPW is an Sr.com Hall of FamerAsaPW is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
Originally Posted by bop View Post
I also want the most bang for my buck and to me games equal bang. Halo is the only game 360 has over ps3? Really? What about:

Mass Effect
Gears of War
Lost Odyssey
The PGR series
Forza

Thats just naming a few. These are great games that if you only own a ps3 you will miss out on. Now when MGS and FF (among others) start to come out for the ps3 I'll get one because I dont have a pro or anti stance toward microsoft or sony. Im pro large amounts of great games. Like I said, last gen it was the exact opposite with me owning a ps2 but no xbox.
What console has the better exclusives is easily debatable, IMO. Even as of now. I'm not saying that you said it wasn't, just saying. I've read where people say that the 360 is the "better gaming console". Yeah? Why? PS3 has quite a few allsome exclusives. Heck, if you like racing games like Forza, Gran Turismo is coming out in a week or two for the PS3.

EDIT: Well, I probably should've quoted someone else, because you weren't one of the guys still saying that the PS3 doesn't have any games.
AsaPW is offline Reply With Quote

Old 04-09-2008, 11:26 AM   #52
you don't get me

antipop Prestigious Gold Club Memberantipop Prestigious Gold Club Memberantipop Prestigious Gold Club Memberantipop Prestigious Gold Club Memberantipop Prestigious Gold Club Memberantipop Prestigious Gold Club Memberantipop Prestigious Gold Club Member
antipop Prestigious Gold Club Memberantipop Prestigious Gold Club Memberantipop Prestigious Gold Club Memberantipop Prestigious Gold Club Member
obwhiteo is way late to the system fanboy wars......

Old 04-09-2008, 11:41 AM   #53
Porkers?

The Mongoose is a true SaintThe Mongoose is a true SaintThe Mongoose is a true Saint
The Mongoose is a true SaintThe Mongoose is a true SaintThe Mongoose is a true SaintThe Mongoose is a true SaintThe Mongoose is a true SaintThe Mongoose is a true SaintThe Mongoose is a true SaintThe Mongoose is a true SaintThe Mongoose is a true SaintThe Mongoose is a true SaintThe Mongoose is a true Saint
Quote:
PS3 owns everything else period....and with the massive hard drive it is endlessly expandable..... and
it uses blu-ray for the games, unlike xbox which still uses dvd-rom....difference? dvd's can only hold up to 14 gig, blu-ray can hold up to 120 gig on one disc so the games can become WAY better in the future, and go price a blu-ray player, you can have a computer, free online, and PS3 friendly controller all for the price of a normal blu-ray player....

PS3 own's 360 period, best purchase i've made in a long time!!!!!!!!!! after you watch your first blu-ray movie you will never question the purchase again!!!

oh yeah and it has bluetooth controllers and is bluetooth compatible..... i have a wireless keyboard and mouse hooked up to mine as well, and also the PSeye which let's you (video) chat with up too 6 others and works as a mic....and i am currently split screening the ncaa championship game and SR.com on my big screen through my ps3....
lol. I don't really feel like getting into this. But claiming that the Blu Ray drive is better for gaming because of its size it's just plain wrong. Sure, it holds more info, but how does that info get processed? Blu Ray drives are slow. In order to avoid long load times, the PS3 must do a one-time loading of game assets onto the systems hard drive.

There is another way around this, if you're a developer: use the extra space of the Blu-ray disc and make your data redundant. Put important game data on multiple places on the game disc, and that way you decrease the amount of space the laser needs to travel to load the data you use often.

Of course, if you use data redundancy to boost speeds, you may very well eat up the extra space of that Blu-ray disc without being able to fit any more information on the disc than you would have put on a standard DVD-9. The advantage of the media is compromised, and all that remains is the higher price of Blu ray.

It's not just a matter of looking at one and saying, "this one's bigger, it must be better." You have to look at how the data is accessed.

There are numerous other reasons why developers prefer to program for the 360, which is why third party games have looked better on 360 (Madden and NCAA frame rates is a good example). There are technical reasons why 3rd party games get made first on the 360 then get ported to PS3.

But who cares anymore. It's utterly clear at this point that you can have fun with both systems.

I just don't like seeing erroneous information being spread out there.
The Mongoose is offline Reply With Quote

Old 04-09-2008, 12:05 PM   #54
bop
Very Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsaPW View Post
What console has the better exclusives is easily debatable, IMO. Even as of now. I'm not saying that you said it wasn't, just saying. I've read where people say that the 360 is the "better gaming console". Yeah? Why? PS3 has quite a few allsome exclusives. Heck, if you like racing games like Forza, Gran Turismo is coming out in a week or two for the PS3.

EDIT: Well, I probably should've quoted someone else, because you weren't one of the guys still saying that the PS3 doesn't have any games.
Trust me when GT, FF, MGS etc come out I'll be getting a PS3. Right now I just prefer Mass Effect, Lost Odyssey, and Gears of War to Drakes Fortune and Heavenly Sword but I'll also check those games out when I eventually do get a PS3.

Getting all the systems is the only way to go (if you can afford it, which I cant for a couple months till my old lady gets out of college.) I already listed some great upcoming PS3 exclusives that 360 only owners will miss, and then PS3 owners will miss upcoming 360 games like Gears of War 2 and Ninja Gaiden 2.

Old 04-09-2008, 12:52 PM   #55

obwhiteo is a splendid one to beholdobwhiteo is a splendid one to beholdobwhiteo is a splendid one to behold
Drakes Fortune is awesome!!!!

it's a Renter cause it can be beat in one weekend, but none-the-less AWESOME...

Old 04-09-2008, 12:55 PM   #56

Which is better... White Or Wheat... i mean that's basically what we are debating.... 3-4 or a 4-3....everyone will have thier own opinions..way of the world, like stated above, they both have advantages, TRUE GAMERS like the 360 because of Halo and Gears and such, i personally don't like Halo, Gears is dope..... i just feel the PS3 has more of an upside, and breaks less...but with electronics, it's all gunna break at some point...