Saintsreport.com Forums
home Steve Gleasons Website
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Old 01-26-2012, 04:39 PM   #57
space monkey

antipop Prestigious Gold Club Memberantipop Prestigious Gold Club Memberantipop Prestigious Gold Club Memberantipop Prestigious Gold Club Memberantipop Prestigious Gold Club Memberantipop Prestigious Gold Club Member
antipop Prestigious Gold Club Memberantipop Prestigious Gold Club Memberantipop Prestigious Gold Club Memberantipop Prestigious Gold Club Memberantipop Prestigious Gold Club Memberantipop Prestigious Gold Club Memberantipop Prestigious Gold Club Memberantipop Prestigious Gold Club Memberantipop Prestigious Gold Club Memberantipop Prestigious Gold Club Memberantipop Prestigious Gold Club Memberantipop Prestigious Gold Club Member
i am not driving over the bridge to even get on your lawn

did you play Portal 2? while it is a sequel, it's a pretty unique game and a lot of fun

what about the new Batman game?? you loved the first one so i don't see a reason that you wouldn't like the new one

we all have become picky about games over the years but that doesn't mean you can't find something you like, even if it's a retread

Old 01-26-2012, 05:32 PM   #58
Porkers?

The Mongoose 40K Burger ClubThe Mongoose 40K Burger ClubThe Mongoose 40K Burger ClubThe Mongoose 40K Burger ClubThe Mongoose 40K Burger ClubThe Mongoose 40K Burger Club
The Mongoose 40K Burger ClubThe Mongoose 40K Burger ClubThe Mongoose 40K Burger ClubThe Mongoose 40K Burger ClubThe Mongoose 40K Burger ClubThe Mongoose 40K Burger ClubThe Mongoose 40K Burger ClubThe Mongoose 40K Burger ClubThe Mongoose 40K Burger ClubThe Mongoose 40K Burger ClubThe Mongoose 40K Burger ClubThe Mongoose 40K Burger ClubThe Mongoose 40K Burger Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by antipop View Post
i am not driving over the bridge to even get on your lawn

did you play Portal 2? while it is a sequel, it's a pretty unique game and a lot of fun

what about the new Batman game?? you loved the first one so i don't see a reason that you wouldn't like the new one

we all have become picky about games over the years but that doesn't mean you can't find something you like, even if it's a retread
I'm just bored with it. And it's either my fault, or it's their fault. Or probably both. Thing is, I used to not have a choice. Games were so fun I couldn't wait to play them. Now I feel like I have to make myself.

So while I'm sure my interests have shifted regardless of game quality, I think the right games would pull me back in, leaving me no choice but to play them. You know those games, where you start to play and the next thing you know 4 hours went by but it only felt like 15 minutes. That hasn't happened in forever.

Batman is still in the wrapper. Can't work up the strength to cut the cellophane off it.
The Mongoose is online now Reply With Quote

Old 01-26-2012, 05:42 PM   #59
ALL. THE. WAY.

jrdbrn is a true Saintjrdbrn is a true Saint
jrdbrn is a true Saintjrdbrn is a true Saintjrdbrn is a true Saintjrdbrn is a true Saintjrdbrn is a true Saintjrdbrn is a true Saintjrdbrn is a true Saintjrdbrn is a true Saintjrdbrn is a true Saintjrdbrn is a true Saintjrdbrn is a true Saint
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzd View Post
I think we are going to start seeing a larger shift to internet delivered content. We've seen it to some extent with DLC and patches, but I think developers will start to supplement a lot of purchased content with content from the cloud and some stuff will even be cloud-exclusive. It's a lot cheaper (and therefore more profitable) to deliver content that way. It also ties games to your Live account, reducing piracy, used games sales, etc, etc.
That would kill me. My ISP is pretty mediocre.

since my boy was born!
jrdbrn is offline Reply With Quote

Old 01-26-2012, 06:12 PM   #60
Ginger Boom Boom
Othello Champion V:force Champion

kcirdor is an Sr.com Hall of Famerkcirdor is an Sr.com Hall of Famerkcirdor is an Sr.com Hall of Famerkcirdor is an Sr.com Hall of Famerkcirdor is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
kcirdor is an Sr.com Hall of Famerkcirdor is an Sr.com Hall of Famerkcirdor is an Sr.com Hall of Famerkcirdor is an Sr.com Hall of Famerkcirdor is an Sr.com Hall of Famerkcirdor is an Sr.com Hall of Famerkcirdor is an Sr.com Hall of Famerkcirdor is an Sr.com Hall of Famerkcirdor is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintsIn2009 View Post
Not only does price deter me from PC gaming but so does the the "controller" layout. I tried to play PC games lately (Battlefield 3 and DCUO) and I couldn't stand it. I'd much rather have a controller in my hand that makes switching between weapons, powers, reloading, etc... much faster than n keyboard and mouse. IMO PC gaming only had one advantage, graphics. That's it and paying $1000 or more just for graphics is a humongous rip-off.
hot keys...
kcirdor is offline Reply With Quote

Old 01-26-2012, 07:43 PM   #61
space monkey

antipop Prestigious Gold Club Memberantipop Prestigious Gold Club Memberantipop Prestigious Gold Club Memberantipop Prestigious Gold Club Memberantipop Prestigious Gold Club Memberantipop Prestigious Gold Club Member
antipop Prestigious Gold Club Memberantipop Prestigious Gold Club Memberantipop Prestigious Gold Club Memberantipop Prestigious Gold Club Memberantipop Prestigious Gold Club Memberantipop Prestigious Gold Club Memberantipop Prestigious Gold Club Memberantipop Prestigious Gold Club Memberantipop Prestigious Gold Club Memberantipop Prestigious Gold Club Memberantipop Prestigious Gold Club Memberantipop Prestigious Gold Club Member
controllers

Old 01-26-2012, 08:19 PM   #62
DAMN YOU PARTY LIQUOR!

authentic is an Sr.com Hall of Famerauthentic is an Sr.com Hall of Famerauthentic is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
authentic is an Sr.com Hall of Famerauthentic is an Sr.com Hall of Famerauthentic is an Sr.com Hall of Famerauthentic is an Sr.com Hall of Famerauthentic is an Sr.com Hall of Famerauthentic is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
mousing peripherals with 17 buttons
authentic is offline Reply With Quote

Old 01-27-2012, 03:53 AM   #63
Through Thick and Thin

Saintster is a splendid one to beholdSaintster is a splendid one to beholdSaintster is a splendid one to behold
Saintster is a splendid one to beholdSaintster is a splendid one to beholdSaintster is a splendid one to beholdSaintster is a splendid one to beholdSaintster is a splendid one to beholdSaintster is a splendid one to beholdSaintster is a splendid one to beholdSaintster is a splendid one to beholdSaintster is a splendid one to beholdSaintster is a splendid one to beholdSaintster is a splendid one to beholdSaintster is a splendid one to beholdSaintster is a splendid one to behold
I walked away from pc gaming sometime ago. The thing is yeah you may think the video cards are substandard or what not but the developers max these cards out at some point in the life of the console. Pc gaming developers could not keep up with the video card tech by the time they finally come close a whole new design comes out. In the mean time they kill you with slight differences they have the nvidia 8 series then then they get the new and improved 8 series which should have been done the first time. They make tons off in the field testing. when pc games became mostly ports of console games I just laughed and threw my pc by the wayside. I just got tired of spending three days to get a 6 hour game to run right. Consoles insert disk and play.

Having Faith and Believing since 1986.
Saintster is offline Reply With Quote

Old 01-27-2012, 09:05 AM   #64
space monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by authentic View Post
mousing peripherals with 17 buttons
how many buttons does a ps3/360 controller have??

Old 01-27-2012, 09:25 AM   #65
ALL. THE. WAY.

jrdbrn is a true Saintjrdbrn is a true Saint
jrdbrn is a true Saintjrdbrn is a true Saintjrdbrn is a true Saintjrdbrn is a true Saintjrdbrn is a true Saintjrdbrn is a true Saintjrdbrn is a true Saintjrdbrn is a true Saintjrdbrn is a true Saintjrdbrn is a true Saintjrdbrn is a true Saint
Quote:
how many buttons does a ps3/360 controller have??
17 for both counting the u d l r d-pad.

Doesn't seem like that much :-P

since my boy was born!
jrdbrn is offline Reply With Quote

Old 01-27-2012, 10:27 AM   #66
NO MA'AM

zeetes Prestigious Gold Club Memberzeetes Prestigious Gold Club Member
zeetes Prestigious Gold Club Memberzeetes Prestigious Gold Club Memberzeetes Prestigious Gold Club Memberzeetes Prestigious Gold Club Memberzeetes Prestigious Gold Club Memberzeetes Prestigious Gold Club Memberzeetes Prestigious Gold Club Memberzeetes Prestigious Gold Club Memberzeetes Prestigious Gold Club Memberzeetes Prestigious Gold Club Memberzeetes Prestigious Gold Club Memberzeetes Prestigious Gold Club Memberzeetes Prestigious Gold Club Memberzeetes Prestigious Gold Club Memberzeetes Prestigious Gold Club Member
having been an avid pc gaming fan, i definitely prefer console gaming now with convenience being the big factor. though games like skyrim, a pc is a must. i'd like to see kb/mouse support for consoles at some point and hopefully ms partnership with razer will make that happen since i doubt they will ever let non-supported third party peripherals.
zeetes is offline Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-27-2012, 11:24 AM   #67
space monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdbrn View Post

seems like plenty

Old 01-27-2012, 10:01 PM   #68
DAMN YOU PARTY LIQUOR!

authentic is an Sr.com Hall of Famerauthentic is an Sr.com Hall of Famerauthentic is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
authentic is an Sr.com Hall of Famerauthentic is an Sr.com Hall of Famerauthentic is an Sr.com Hall of Famerauthentic is an Sr.com Hall of Famerauthentic is an Sr.com Hall of Famerauthentic is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdbrn View Post

Yeah but you can't assign functions to whichever button you want on a console.
authentic is offline Reply With Quote

Old 01-27-2012, 10:38 PM   #69
space monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by authentic View Post
Yeah but you can't assign functions to whichever button you want on a console.
that's only convenient when you have 435 buttons and you only need 17

Old 01-27-2012, 10:41 PM   #70
He didn't make it

OhioSaintsFan is a true SaintOhioSaintsFan is a true SaintOhioSaintsFan is a true SaintOhioSaintsFan is a true SaintOhioSaintsFan is a true SaintOhioSaintsFan is a true Saint
OhioSaintsFan is a true SaintOhioSaintsFan is a true SaintOhioSaintsFan is a true SaintOhioSaintsFan is a true SaintOhioSaintsFan is a true SaintOhioSaintsFan is a true SaintOhioSaintsFan is a true SaintOhioSaintsFan is a true SaintOhioSaintsFan is a true SaintOhioSaintsFan is a true SaintOhioSaintsFan is a true SaintOhioSaintsFan is a true SaintOhioSaintsFan is a true SaintOhioSaintsFan is a true SaintOhioSaintsFan is a true Saint
Quote:
that's only convenient when you have 435 buttons and you only need 17
Incorrect.

Being able to assign would make great games even greater.
OhioSaintsFan is offline Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.