Saintsreport.com Forums
home Steve Gleasons Website
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Do you want to remove the ads? Support the site by becoming a subscribing member.

Go Back   New Orleans Saints - Saints Report - Message Boards > GENERAL > Everything Else Board

Old 03-09-2012, 01:01 PM   #31
Dre
More than 15K posts served!

Dre is a true SaintDre is a true SaintDre is a true Saint
Dre is a true SaintDre is a true SaintDre is a true SaintDre is a true SaintDre is a true SaintDre is a true SaintDre is a true SaintDre is a true SaintDre is a true SaintDre is a true SaintDre is a true Saint
This is terrible
Dre is offline Reply With Quote

Did you find this post useful? Yes | No
Old 03-09-2012, 01:23 PM   #32
Semper
Super Forum Fanatic

Semper Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSemper Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSemper Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSemper Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSemper Prestigious Platinum Club Member
Semper Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSemper Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSemper Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSemper Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSemper Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSemper Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSemper Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSemper Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSemper Prestigious Platinum Club Member
So far it seems this man was in the wrong and should have been arrested. Even though all the facts have not been announced yet he should have still been arrested. When I took a course up here on defensive shooting I was told a couple key things. The most important thing I was told was if I ever pulled my gun and shot someone I would be arrested. Regardless of the circumstances he said I would go to jail and at least questioned. I guess there is so much about this entire situation that I still have so many questions about.

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post useful? Yes | No
Old 03-09-2012, 03:36 PM   #33
Jackavelli
Sarang Upso

Jackavelli is an Sr.com Hall of FamerJackavelli is an Sr.com Hall of FamerJackavelli is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Jackavelli is an Sr.com Hall of FamerJackavelli is an Sr.com Hall of FamerJackavelli is an Sr.com Hall of FamerJackavelli is an Sr.com Hall of FamerJackavelli is an Sr.com Hall of FamerJackavelli is an Sr.com Hall of FamerJackavelli is an Sr.com Hall of FamerJackavelli is an Sr.com Hall of FamerJackavelli is an Sr.com Hall of FamerJackavelli is an Sr.com Hall of FamerJackavelli is an Sr.com Hall of FamerJackavelli is an Sr.com Hall of FamerJackavelli is an Sr.com Hall of FamerJackavelli is an Sr.com Hall of FamerJackavelli is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
ok read the update and "if" true this guy should go to jal for a long time. Now i can be killed walking home and minding my own business with some skittles....

you followed him to get a address for the police?, that makes no sense. did you know he was staying in the area or not. were is the self defense?, you were following him after the police dispatcher basically told you the cops got it.

am i suppose to put my hands in the sky and be polite to everyone who asks me my name and social who is not in a uniform so I won't get killed.... this isn't self defense, you followed me, i'm the one who should be scared for my life...

13 out of 13 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post useful? Yes | No
Old 03-09-2012, 04:35 PM   #34
Det. Brees
E tan e epi tas

Det. Brees is a true SaintDet. Brees is a true SaintDet. Brees is a true SaintDet. Brees is a true SaintDet. Brees is a true SaintDet. Brees is a true Saint
Det. Brees is a true SaintDet. Brees is a true SaintDet. Brees is a true SaintDet. Brees is a true SaintDet. Brees is a true SaintDet. Brees is a true SaintDet. Brees is a true SaintDet. Brees is a true SaintDet. Brees is a true SaintDet. Brees is a true SaintDet. Brees is a true SaintDet. Brees is a true Saint
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackavelli View Post
ok read the update and "if" true this guy should go to jal for a long time. Now i can be killed walking home and minding my own business with some skittles....

you followed him to get a address for the police?, that makes no sense. did you know he was staying in the area or not. were is the self defense?, you were following him after the police dispatcher basically told you the cops got it.

am i suppose to put my hands in the sky and be polite to everyone who asks me my name and social who is not in a uniform so I won't get killed.... this isn't self defense, you followed me, i'm the one who should be scared for my life...
Link please
Det. Brees is offline Reply With Quote

0 out of 7 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post useful? Yes | No
Old 03-09-2012, 04:39 PM   #35
Cosmic201
Hall-of-Famer

Cosmic201 is a true SaintCosmic201 is a true SaintCosmic201 is a true SaintCosmic201 is a true SaintCosmic201 is a true Saint
Cosmic201 is a true SaintCosmic201 is a true SaintCosmic201 is a true SaintCosmic201 is a true SaintCosmic201 is a true SaintCosmic201 is a true SaintCosmic201 is a true SaintCosmic201 is a true SaintCosmic201 is a true Saint
Quote:
Originally Posted by Det. Brees View Post
Link please
Trayvon Martin's Family Calls For Arrest Of Man Who Police Say Confessed To Shooting (UPDATE)

Quote:
Chief Bill Lee of the Sanford Police Department on Thursday evening said the account given by Martin’s family and attorney is correct, that Zimmerman saw the young man walking home from the store. He said that Zimmerman did indeed call 911 and report a suspicious person, and that he was told not to follow him.

“For some reason he felt that Trayvon, the way that he was walking or appeared seemed suspicious to him,” Lee said. “He called this in and at one part of this initial call [the dispatcher] recommends him not to follow Trayvon. A police officer is on the way at that point.”

Lee said that Zimmerman instead followed Martin.

“I believe that Mr. Zimmerman was trying to, by his account, find an address to give the officers and also trying to keep Trayvon in eyesight.”

Zimmerman told the police that Martin noticed that he was being followed and asked, “what’s your problem?”

That's when a physical confrontation ensued, Lee said. And moments later, Martin was shot.
Cosmic201 is offline Reply With Quote

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post useful? Yes | No
Old 03-09-2012, 08:40 PM   #36
2009ring
SR is my life!

2009ring Prestigious Platinum Club Member2009ring Prestigious Platinum Club Member2009ring Prestigious Platinum Club Member2009ring Prestigious Platinum Club Member2009ring Prestigious Platinum Club Member2009ring Prestigious Platinum Club Member
2009ring Prestigious Platinum Club Member2009ring Prestigious Platinum Club Member2009ring Prestigious Platinum Club Member2009ring Prestigious Platinum Club Member2009ring Prestigious Platinum Club Member2009ring Prestigious Platinum Club Member2009ring Prestigious Platinum Club Member2009ring Prestigious Platinum Club Member2009ring Prestigious Platinum Club Member2009ring Prestigious Platinum Club Member2009ring Prestigious Platinum Club Member2009ring Prestigious Platinum Club Member2009ring Prestigious Platinum Club Member2009ring Prestigious Platinum Club Member

Awards Showcase
Photography Award Outstanding Community Service Award 
Total Awards: 2

I don't normally play into the "racism" threads, but this one does sound like Mr. Zimmerman had a little bit of Batman thing going on in his head and probably wrongfully racially profiled the kid, leading to this whole mess. What a tragedy. I'm sure if everything is how it appears on the surface, Zimmerman will be arrested and rightfully so. If there's something else at play here, it will come out at some point.

Also, this kills me - nothing like a reporter asking a race-baiting question. What do you think she's going to say?
Quote:
"If your son had been white, do you think he would've been shot and killed?" Jones asked.
2009ring is offline Reply With Quote

2 out of 3 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post useful? Yes | No
Old 03-09-2012, 11:29 PM   #37
amused
that's why you're here

amused is an Sr.com Hall of Fameramused is an Sr.com Hall of Fameramused is an Sr.com Hall of Fameramused is an Sr.com Hall of Fameramused is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
amused is an Sr.com Hall of Fameramused is an Sr.com Hall of Fameramused is an Sr.com Hall of Fameramused is an Sr.com Hall of Fameramused is an Sr.com Hall of Fameramused is an Sr.com Hall of Fameramused is an Sr.com Hall of Fameramused is an Sr.com Hall of Fameramused is an Sr.com Hall of Fameramused is an Sr.com Hall of Fameramused is an Sr.com Hall of Fameramused is an Sr.com Hall of Fameramused is an Sr.com Hall of Fameramused is an Sr.com Hall of Fameramused is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Really , you don't think that if a "concerned" black neighborhood member blasted a white teen carrying Skittles and Tea he'd be in Jail (assuming he made it to jail...)
amused is offline Reply With Quote

12 out of 12 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post useful? Yes | No
Old 03-10-2012, 05:28 PM   #38
Jackavelli
Sarang Upso

Jackavelli is an Sr.com Hall of FamerJackavelli is an Sr.com Hall of FamerJackavelli is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Jackavelli is an Sr.com Hall of FamerJackavelli is an Sr.com Hall of FamerJackavelli is an Sr.com Hall of FamerJackavelli is an Sr.com Hall of FamerJackavelli is an Sr.com Hall of FamerJackavelli is an Sr.com Hall of FamerJackavelli is an Sr.com Hall of FamerJackavelli is an Sr.com Hall of FamerJackavelli is an Sr.com Hall of FamerJackavelli is an Sr.com Hall of FamerJackavelli is an Sr.com Hall of FamerJackavelli is an Sr.com Hall of FamerJackavelli is an Sr.com Hall of FamerJackavelli is an Sr.com Hall of FamerJackavelli is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
Originally Posted by amused View Post
Really , you don't think that if a "concerned" black neighborhood member blasted a white teen carrying Skittles and Tea he'd be in Jail (assuming he made it to jail...)
+1000. How do you look his parents in the eyes and say, yeah some guy with a gun followed your son and killed him; but don't worry we let the shooter go without arrest. Have a good night, make sure you don't look suspicious too or your next.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post useful? Yes | No
Old 03-10-2012, 06:25 PM   #39
Det. Brees
E tan e epi tas

Det. Brees is a true SaintDet. Brees is a true SaintDet. Brees is a true SaintDet. Brees is a true SaintDet. Brees is a true SaintDet. Brees is a true Saint
Det. Brees is a true SaintDet. Brees is a true SaintDet. Brees is a true SaintDet. Brees is a true SaintDet. Brees is a true SaintDet. Brees is a true SaintDet. Brees is a true SaintDet. Brees is a true SaintDet. Brees is a true SaintDet. Brees is a true SaintDet. Brees is a true SaintDet. Brees is a true Saint
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackavelli View Post
+1000. How do you look his parents in the eyes and say, yeah some guy with a gun followed your son and killed him; but don't worry we let the shooter go without arrest. Have a good night, make sure you don't look suspicious too or your next.
How do you look the parents in the eyes and say I'm sorry I arrested the perp to soon and he got off because we didnt have enough evidence.

1 out of 11 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post useful? Yes | No
Old 03-10-2012, 07:22 PM   #40
Cosmic201
Hall-of-Famer

Cosmic201 is a true SaintCosmic201 is a true SaintCosmic201 is a true SaintCosmic201 is a true SaintCosmic201 is a true Saint
Cosmic201 is a true SaintCosmic201 is a true SaintCosmic201 is a true SaintCosmic201 is a true SaintCosmic201 is a true SaintCosmic201 is a true SaintCosmic201 is a true SaintCosmic201 is a true SaintCosmic201 is a true Saint
Quote:
How do you look the parents in the eyes and say I'm sorry I arrested the perp to soon and he got off because we didnt have enough evidence.
Too soon?

Evidence?

The guy flat out admits to shooting the teen. That's more then enough evidence to hold him in jail until charges are brought forth.
Cosmic201 is offline Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post useful? Yes | No
Old 03-10-2012, 07:55 PM   #41
Dre
More than 15K posts served!

Dre is a true SaintDre is a true SaintDre is a true Saint
Dre is a true SaintDre is a true SaintDre is a true SaintDre is a true SaintDre is a true SaintDre is a true SaintDre is a true SaintDre is a true SaintDre is a true SaintDre is a true SaintDre is a true Saint
Why won't the cops address this?
Dre is offline Reply With Quote

Old 03-10-2012, 08:24 PM   #42
krushing
SR is my life!

krushing Prestigious Gold Club Memberkrushing Prestigious Gold Club Member
krushing Prestigious Gold Club Memberkrushing Prestigious Gold Club Memberkrushing Prestigious Gold Club Memberkrushing Prestigious Gold Club Memberkrushing Prestigious Gold Club Memberkrushing Prestigious Gold Club Memberkrushing Prestigious Gold Club Memberkrushing Prestigious Gold Club Memberkrushing Prestigious Gold Club Memberkrushing Prestigious Gold Club Memberkrushing Prestigious Gold Club Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dre View Post
Why won't the cops address this?
Not justifying the answer but ... They know the guy can't run and hide so they'll present to a grand jury and let them indict before making an arrest.
krushing is offline Reply With Quote

Old 03-10-2012, 08:25 PM   #43
DavidM
Administrator

DavidM Prestigious Diamond Club MemberDavidM Prestigious Diamond Club MemberDavidM Prestigious Diamond Club MemberDavidM Prestigious Diamond Club MemberDavidM Prestigious Diamond Club MemberDavidM Prestigious Diamond Club MemberDavidM Prestigious Diamond Club MemberDavidM Prestigious Diamond Club MemberDavidM Prestigious Diamond Club MemberDavidM Prestigious Diamond Club MemberDavidM Prestigious Diamond Club MemberDavidM Prestigious Diamond Club MemberDavidM Prestigious Diamond Club MemberDavidM Prestigious Diamond Club MemberDavidM Prestigious Diamond Club Member
DavidM Prestigious Diamond Club MemberDavidM Prestigious Diamond Club MemberDavidM Prestigious Diamond Club MemberDavidM Prestigious Diamond Club MemberDavidM Prestigious Diamond Club MemberDavidM Prestigious Diamond Club MemberDavidM Prestigious Diamond Club MemberDavidM Prestigious Diamond Club MemberDavidM Prestigious Diamond Club MemberDavidM Prestigious Diamond Club MemberDavidM Prestigious Diamond Club MemberDavidM Prestigious Diamond Club MemberDavidM Prestigious Diamond Club MemberDavidM Prestigious Diamond Club MemberDavidM Prestigious Diamond Club Member

Awards Showcase
Survivor Bowl Champion 
Total Awards: 1

Correcting earlier reports about Zimmerman's record, Florida news agencies are reporting that he was arrested in 2005, though the charges were eventually dropped.

Sanford Crime Watch Captain George Zimmerman Did Have Previous Arrest Record in 2005 For Battery

Submitted by News Desk 2 on Fri, 03/09/2012 - 15:36

This is an update to a PREVIOUS ARTICLE:

Sanford neighborhood Crime Watch captain George Zimmerman has previously been arrested in 2005 for suspicion of battery on a law enforcement officer, but the charges were dropped for an unknown reason.

Sanford Crime Watch Captain George Zimmerman Did Have Previous Arrest Record in 2005 For Battery :: The Florida News Journal

Community pressures Sanford Police Chief to make arrest in... | www.wftv.com

Report: Crime watch leader who fatally shot teen previously arrested for battery - OrlandoSentinel.com

Old 03-10-2012, 10:00 PM   #44
Det. Brees
E tan e epi tas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic201 View Post
Too soon?

Evidence?

The guy flat out admits to shooting the teen. That's more then enough evidence to hold him in jail until charges are brought forth.
There has been virtually nothing said in the media reports for us to know the facts of the case. If they put the suspect in jail they have to charge him within 72 hours, depending on the local or state laws. If they bring charges they need to have their evidence to support the charge. If they can not support the charge the perp. Goes free. Id rather they do it right and he go to prison than walk free because he was charged too soon.

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post useful? Yes | No
Old 03-10-2012, 10:03 PM   #45
Det. Brees
E tan e epi tas

Quote:
Link please
Really people are butt hurt cause I asked for a link to a news article? Explain please.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post useful? Yes | No