Saintsreport.com Forums
home Steve Gleasons Website
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Do you want to remove the ads? Support the site by becoming a subscribing member.

Go Back   New Orleans Saints - Saints Report - Message Boards > GENERAL > Everything Else Board

Old 03-15-2012, 11:58 AM   #106
Det. Brees
E tan e epi tas

Det. Brees is a true SaintDet. Brees is a true SaintDet. Brees is a true SaintDet. Brees is a true SaintDet. Brees is a true SaintDet. Brees is a true Saint
Det. Brees is a true SaintDet. Brees is a true SaintDet. Brees is a true SaintDet. Brees is a true SaintDet. Brees is a true SaintDet. Brees is a true SaintDet. Brees is a true SaintDet. Brees is a true SaintDet. Brees is a true SaintDet. Brees is a true SaintDet. Brees is a true SaintDet. Brees is a true Saint
Quote:
Originally Posted by drob8785 View Post
I'd really like to see Det Brees and the others that supported the police in this case respond to the latest allegations of misconduct and wrongdoing.

I for one am not surprised by these allegations. This case stunk to high heaven from the very beginning, reaching all the way over here. I had a Nigerian friend come up to me the other day wanting to talk about it.

It's always interesting how people like Det Brees lets their bias get in the way of their sense of smell.
I've never supported the suspect in this case. I've always said I believed he would go to jail.
Det. Brees is offline Reply With Quote

Did you find this post useful? Yes | No
Old 03-15-2012, 12:25 PM   #107
Blodaksen
Norwajun

Blodaksen has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Det. Brees View Post
You have no clue. I mean really you dont. The officer responds to the scene. lets say its a burglary in progress. He takes a suspect into custody inside the home. He collects the evidence, writes the reports , logs in the evidence, Makes the charge against the suspect , and places the suspect in jail. Now where you at it might be different but here the office decides what to charge the suspect with. Now, once the Da gets the case he can change the charge to a higher or lesser charge. Its not a difficult or hard process like your making it out to be.

The prosecutor then decides what criminal charges to file This statement of yours is not correct in the since your trying to describe. Again the officer brings the charge. Anyone, thats ever had any dealing with the system knows this to be true because the suspect is broght in front of a judge and the charges are explained to him and probable cause is established at that time. The da has not seen the first shred of paper on the case at that time.

I do not know where your getting your misguided facts but they are wrong. Now I also realize that everystate does things differently. In some areas , none ive ever seen, the officer does contact a represenitive of the da's office and goes over the case prior to making the arrest. No one i know including myself calls the Da's office and lets them make the charge. Those attorney's have to much to do Like taking cases to trial , which is what they do.

Now you say you worked in law enforcement, are you telling me when you arrested someone you didnt charge them.

Also in prior post about persons having the right to detain someone if they see them committ a crime you disagreed with me. You worked in law enforcement and you disagree with that. Most shoplifters are detained by store employees. They have no police training, or special powers that other citizens dont have.

Also If you worked in law enforcement you know that people are arrested every day for a crime they did not actively take part in. such as 3 guys walking down the street, 2 burglarize a home, 1 stays outside. Once the burglary is over all 3 continue down the street to be picked up and arrested. A witness identifies all 3 and tells how all 3 took part in the crime. If you worked in law enforcement you know the guy that didnt go in the home is also guilty of that burglary. Here is ga its called conspiracy to committ said crime, in the case its burglary.
I give up. You win, no sense in trying to teach you anything Supercop. Just please post where you work so I can stay far, far away from there.

5 out of 9 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post useful? Yes | No
Old 03-15-2012, 01:10 PM   #108
insidejob
matter vs. spirit

insidejob Prestigious Diamond Club Memberinsidejob Prestigious Diamond Club Memberinsidejob Prestigious Diamond Club Memberinsidejob Prestigious Diamond Club Memberinsidejob Prestigious Diamond Club Memberinsidejob Prestigious Diamond Club Memberinsidejob Prestigious Diamond Club Memberinsidejob Prestigious Diamond Club Memberinsidejob Prestigious Diamond Club Memberinsidejob Prestigious Diamond Club Memberinsidejob Prestigious Diamond Club Memberinsidejob Prestigious Diamond Club Memberinsidejob Prestigious Diamond Club Memberinsidejob Prestigious Diamond Club Memberinsidejob Prestigious Diamond Club Member
insidejob Prestigious Diamond Club Memberinsidejob Prestigious Diamond Club Memberinsidejob Prestigious Diamond Club Memberinsidejob Prestigious Diamond Club Memberinsidejob Prestigious Diamond Club Memberinsidejob Prestigious Diamond Club Memberinsidejob Prestigious Diamond Club Memberinsidejob Prestigious Diamond Club Memberinsidejob Prestigious Diamond Club Memberinsidejob Prestigious Diamond Club Memberinsidejob Prestigious Diamond Club Memberinsidejob Prestigious Diamond Club Memberinsidejob Prestigious Diamond Club Memberinsidejob Prestigious Diamond Club Memberinsidejob Prestigious Diamond Club Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blodaksen View Post
I give up. You win, no sense in trying to teach you anything Supercop. Just please post where you work so I can stay far, far away from there.
Hey, he's too busy ridding all the country towns of eastern Alabama and western Georgia of opium to concede his point, no matter how defeated he may be.

Until the HOF Game
insidejob is offline Reply With Quote

1 out of 5 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post useful? Yes | No
Old 03-15-2012, 01:11 PM   #109
Dragon
Official SR Twitter Team

Dragon Prestigious Gold Club MemberDragon Prestigious Gold Club Member
Dragon Prestigious Gold Club MemberDragon Prestigious Gold Club MemberDragon Prestigious Gold Club MemberDragon Prestigious Gold Club MemberDragon Prestigious Gold Club MemberDragon Prestigious Gold Club MemberDragon Prestigious Gold Club MemberDragon Prestigious Gold Club MemberDragon Prestigious Gold Club MemberDragon Prestigious Gold Club MemberDragon Prestigious Gold Club MemberDragon Prestigious Gold Club MemberDragon Prestigious Gold Club Member
I found this in the comment section of the above mentioned article

Quote:
Other residents in the gated community had complained about Zimmerman's erratic and aggressive behavior to them, even sometimes going to their homes and threatening them.The Homeowner's Association board ignored the complaints, and an orlando police officer that attended the HOA meeting did nothing to investigate.Good Job Florida, embarassing the United States as always.
It really sounds like he was a loose canon... If witnesses or even worse HOA paperwork can show complaints levied against the shooter BEFORE the killing, then things could go from bad to worse for the local PD

.....Still believing
Dragon is offline Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post useful? Yes | No
Old 03-15-2012, 01:12 PM   #110
insidejob
matter vs. spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon View Post
I found this in the comment section of the above mentioned article

It really sounds like he was a loose canon... If witnesses or even worse HOA paperwork can show complaints levied against the shooter BEFORE the killing, then things could go from bad to worse for the local PD
They shouldn't have to show anything. He should have been arrested already.

Until the HOF Game
insidejob is offline Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post useful? Yes | No
Old 03-15-2012, 02:20 PM   #111
Det. Brees
E tan e epi tas

Det. Brees is a true SaintDet. Brees is a true SaintDet. Brees is a true SaintDet. Brees is a true SaintDet. Brees is a true SaintDet. Brees is a true Saint
Det. Brees is a true SaintDet. Brees is a true SaintDet. Brees is a true SaintDet. Brees is a true SaintDet. Brees is a true SaintDet. Brees is a true SaintDet. Brees is a true SaintDet. Brees is a true SaintDet. Brees is a true SaintDet. Brees is a true SaintDet. Brees is a true SaintDet. Brees is a true Saint
Quote:
Originally Posted by insidejob View Post
Hey, he's too busy ridding all the country towns of eastern Alabama and western Georgia of opium to concede his point, no matter how defeated he may be.
What's the deal with opium/opiates
Det. Brees is offline Reply With Quote

Old 03-15-2012, 02:30 PM   #112
2009ring
SR is my life!

2009ring Prestigious Platinum Club Member2009ring Prestigious Platinum Club Member2009ring Prestigious Platinum Club Member2009ring Prestigious Platinum Club Member2009ring Prestigious Platinum Club Member2009ring Prestigious Platinum Club Member
2009ring Prestigious Platinum Club Member2009ring Prestigious Platinum Club Member2009ring Prestigious Platinum Club Member2009ring Prestigious Platinum Club Member2009ring Prestigious Platinum Club Member2009ring Prestigious Platinum Club Member2009ring Prestigious Platinum Club Member2009ring Prestigious Platinum Club Member2009ring Prestigious Platinum Club Member2009ring Prestigious Platinum Club Member2009ring Prestigious Platinum Club Member2009ring Prestigious Platinum Club Member2009ring Prestigious Platinum Club Member2009ring Prestigious Platinum Club Member

Awards Showcase
Photography Award Outstanding Community Service Award 
Total Awards: 2

Quote:
What's the deal with opium/opiates
He wants to know where he can find some.
2009ring is offline Reply With Quote

Old 03-15-2012, 02:38 PM   #113
drob8785
All-Pro

drob8785 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdrob8785 is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
drob8785 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdrob8785 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdrob8785 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdrob8785 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdrob8785 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdrob8785 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdrob8785 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdrob8785 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdrob8785 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdrob8785 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdrob8785 is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Semper View Post
Oh yeah, we are the only side that does that. The rest of the population never just assumes the police are wrong...
I'd argue that the vast majority of the population backs the police, with the exception of cities and departments with a history of corruption (like the LAPD or NOPD), and even then it's fairly evenly split.

There are plenty of well meaning police officers out there, who risk their lives to protect others from very bad people. But that doesn't mean that all police officers get a free pass -- and when something doesn't smell right, it doesn't smell right.

Now -- mind sharing with the board what your thoughts on the case are now that the allegations of police misconduct have surfaced?

Quote:
I've never supported the suspect in this case. I've always said I believed he would go to jail.
You really need to work on reading comprehension.

Let's look at what I wrote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by drob8785
I'd really like to see Det Brees and the others that supported the police in this case respond to the latest allegations of misconduct and wrongdoing.
Notice, I never accused you of supporting the suspect. I simply pointed out that you supported the police (which you did), and was wondering what you thought about these new allegations about police misconduct.
drob8785 is offline Reply With Quote

5 out of 5 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post useful? Yes | No
Old 03-15-2012, 02:48 PM   #114
Charlie Brizzown
Fishing fool

Charlie Brizzown is a true SaintCharlie Brizzown is a true Saint
Charlie Brizzown is a true SaintCharlie Brizzown is a true SaintCharlie Brizzown is a true SaintCharlie Brizzown is a true SaintCharlie Brizzown is a true SaintCharlie Brizzown is a true SaintCharlie Brizzown is a true SaintCharlie Brizzown is a true SaintCharlie Brizzown is a true SaintCharlie Brizzown is a true SaintCharlie Brizzown is a true SaintCharlie Brizzown is a true SaintCharlie Brizzown is a true Saint
Dude probably went too far but I'm fine with the shooter not being arrested ... yet.

I'm no law enforcement officer, but I imagine most are smart enough to not just pat a guy on the back and say "have a nice day" just because the shooter says the dead guy on the ground was killed in self defense. I assume the officers on the scene take many things into account when deciding whether or not to believe the story of the lone witness ... who just so happens to also be the shooter.

Personally though, if it were me, any time a person was killed by the hands of another and there are no other witnesses, I'm arresting the shooter.
Charlie Brizzown is offline Reply With Quote

0 out of 3 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post useful? Yes | No
Old 03-15-2012, 04:50 PM   #115
Semper
Super Forum Fanatic

Semper Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSemper Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSemper Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSemper Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSemper Prestigious Platinum Club Member
Semper Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSemper Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSemper Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSemper Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSemper Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSemper Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSemper Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSemper Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSemper Prestigious Platinum Club Member
Quote:
Now -- mind sharing with the board what your thoughts on the case are now that the allegations of police misconduct have surfaced?
Page 2 I wrote:
"I don't like the direction of this thread. One side of the story is out (and yes I think he sounds guilty so far as well) and people are already convicting him and calling him a racist. What if he just didn't recognize the young man (he was visiting remember) and asked him a question about where he was going? Then the young man responded in a negative manner and the argument turned into a fight. I personally am withholding my decision until more comes out. And if it was nothing more than profiling and the man shot him for no justifiable reason then he deserves to fry. "

Page 3 I wrote:
"So far it seems this man was in the wrong and should have been arrested. Even though all the facts have not been announced yet he should have still been arrested. When I took a course up here on defensive shooting I was told a couple key things. The most important thing I was told was if I ever pulled my gun and shot someone I would be arrested. Regardless of the circumstances he said I would go to jail and at least questioned. I guess there is so much about this entire situation that I still have so many questions about. "

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post useful? Yes | No
Old 03-15-2012, 05:06 PM   #116
Dragon
Official SR Twitter Team

Dragon Prestigious Gold Club MemberDragon Prestigious Gold Club Member
Dragon Prestigious Gold Club MemberDragon Prestigious Gold Club MemberDragon Prestigious Gold Club MemberDragon Prestigious Gold Club MemberDragon Prestigious Gold Club MemberDragon Prestigious Gold Club MemberDragon Prestigious Gold Club MemberDragon Prestigious Gold Club MemberDragon Prestigious Gold Club MemberDragon Prestigious Gold Club MemberDragon Prestigious Gold Club MemberDragon Prestigious Gold Club MemberDragon Prestigious Gold Club Member
Quote:
Page 2 I wrote:
"I don't like the direction of this thread. One side of the story is out (and yes I think he sounds guilty so far as well) and people are already convicting him and calling him a racist. What if he just didn't recognize the young man (he was visiting remember) and asked him a question about where he was going? Then the young man responded in a negative manner and the argument turned into a fight. I personally am withholding my decision until more comes out. And if it was nothing more than profiling and the man shot him for no justifiable reason then he deserves to fry. "

Page 3 I wrote:
"So far it seems this man was in the wrong and should have been arrested. Even though all the facts have not been announced yet he should have still been arrested. When I took a course up here on defensive shooting I was told a couple key things. The most important thing I was told was if I ever pulled my gun and shot someone I would be arrested. Regardless of the circumstances he said I would go to jail and at least questioned. I guess there is so much about this entire situation that I still have so many questions about. "
A) he was told by law enforcement NOT to approach the young man
B) he had NO RIGHT to demand that the young man should tell him where he was going. As a private citizen you can't just walk up to someone walking down the street and demand that they tell you what they are doing there and the young man had every right to tell him to take a walk...
C) How can it be self defense if the shooter started the incident ???

.....Still believing
Dragon is offline Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post useful? Yes | No
Old 03-15-2012, 05:21 PM   #117
drob8785
All-Pro

drob8785 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdrob8785 is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
drob8785 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdrob8785 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdrob8785 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdrob8785 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdrob8785 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdrob8785 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdrob8785 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdrob8785 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdrob8785 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdrob8785 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdrob8785 is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
Page 2 I wrote:

Page 3 I wrote:

Are you really that bad at reading?

I never claimed that you (or anyone) was defending the shooter.

All I'm asking is to hear your response to the new allegations of the police mishandling the investigation since you "reserved judgement" on the case. Does it change how you view the incident and the response by the police?

I'm not sure how I could be any clearer.
drob8785 is offline Reply With Quote

Old 03-15-2012, 05:25 PM   #118
Oye
tight like hallways

Oye Prestigious Diamond Club MemberOye Prestigious Diamond Club MemberOye Prestigious Diamond Club MemberOye Prestigious Diamond Club MemberOye Prestigious Diamond Club MemberOye Prestigious Diamond Club MemberOye Prestigious Diamond Club MemberOye Prestigious Diamond Club MemberOye Prestigious Diamond Club MemberOye Prestigious Diamond Club MemberOye Prestigious Diamond Club MemberOye Prestigious Diamond Club MemberOye Prestigious Diamond Club MemberOye Prestigious Diamond Club MemberOye Prestigious Diamond Club Member
Oye Prestigious Diamond Club MemberOye Prestigious Diamond Club MemberOye Prestigious Diamond Club MemberOye Prestigious Diamond Club MemberOye Prestigious Diamond Club MemberOye Prestigious Diamond Club MemberOye Prestigious Diamond Club MemberOye Prestigious Diamond Club MemberOye Prestigious Diamond Club MemberOye Prestigious Diamond Club MemberOye Prestigious Diamond Club MemberOye Prestigious Diamond Club MemberOye Prestigious Diamond Club MemberOye Prestigious Diamond Club MemberOye Prestigious Diamond Club Member
Quote:
All I'm asking is to hear your response to the new allegations of the police mishandling the investigation since you "reserved judgement" on the case. Does it change how you view the incident and the response by the police?

because answering your question, comprehending it clearly, would rob them of the opportunity for their manufactured victimization

Oye is offline Reply With Quote

7 out of 9 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post useful? Yes | No
Old 03-15-2012, 05:49 PM   #119
Semper
Super Forum Fanatic

Semper Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSemper Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSemper Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSemper Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSemper Prestigious Platinum Club Member
Semper Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSemper Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSemper Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSemper Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSemper Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSemper Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSemper Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSemper Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSemper Prestigious Platinum Club Member
Quote:

Are you really that bad at reading?

I never claimed that you (or anyone) was defending the shooter.

I guess I could be that bad at reading. I missed what you were asking me. I think I said it before though that I believe the police should have arrested him right away. I agree the police messed this entire thing up so far. The guy should have been arrested when the police showed up. If the police told him to leave him alone he should have done that as well. All I've tried to say from the beginning is I would like to have the entire story before I make judgement. I think we should always know both sides of the story before we rush to a decision.

1 out of 3 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post useful? Yes | No
Old 03-15-2012, 05:51 PM   #120
Semper
Super Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oye View Post
because answering your question, comprehending it clearly, would rob them of the opportunity for their manufactured victimization
Manufactured victimization? Really? All I've said from the beginning is I would like both sides of the story. I said if the guy was wrong he needs to fry. At this point it seems the guy was in the wrong, was in a situation he did not belong in and deserves capital punishment.

2 out of 4 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post useful? Yes | No