Saintsreport.com Forums
home Steve Gleasons Website
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Do you want to remove the ads? Support the site by becoming a subscribing member.

Go Back   New Orleans Saints - Saints Report - Message Boards > GENERAL > Collegiate Sports Board

Old 01-16-2013, 12:19 AM   #31
weightlifter316
Kevin Gates 4 President

weightlifter316 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerweightlifter316 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerweightlifter316 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerweightlifter316 is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
weightlifter316 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerweightlifter316 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerweightlifter316 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerweightlifter316 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerweightlifter316 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerweightlifter316 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerweightlifter316 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerweightlifter316 is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Other big time recruits LSU will be all over are

WR
Trey Quinn
Cameron Sims
Malachi Dupre
Speedy Noil
D'haquille Williams (longshot he ever makes it to college but unreal talent_

TE
Jacory Washingon (recent commit, will continue the recruiting process)

OL
Cam Robinson
Garrett Brumfield

DL
Gerald Willis
Davon Godchaux

LB
Kain Daub (former commit)
Tre Williams
Hoza Scott

DB
Tony Brown
Edward Paris
Jabrill Peppers
Hootie Jones
weightlifter316 is offline Reply With Quote

Did you find this post useful? Yes | No
Old 02-08-2013, 01:27 AM   #32
MLU
NSD Legend

MLU has disabled reputation
Here is a sample of the more highly recruited kids who have received offers from LSU for the 2014 class:As we progress, we'll shorten the list and add some more...

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post useful? Yes | No
Old 02-10-2013, 02:16 PM   #33
LSSpam
Practice Squad

LSSpam 50K Burger ClubLSSpam 50K Burger ClubLSSpam 50K Burger ClubLSSpam 50K Burger ClubLSSpam 50K Burger ClubLSSpam 50K Burger Club
LSSpam 50K Burger ClubLSSpam 50K Burger ClubLSSpam 50K Burger ClubLSSpam 50K Burger ClubLSSpam 50K Burger ClubLSSpam 50K Burger ClubLSSpam 50K Burger ClubLSSpam 50K Burger ClubLSSpam 50K Burger ClubLSSpam 50K Burger ClubLSSpam 50K Burger ClubLSSpam 50K Burger ClubLSSpam 50K Burger Club

Awards Showcase
Professor Pigskin Award 
Total Awards: 1

I don't see Ole Miss and LSU going head to head on many players this year. There's always a couple but similar to 2013 I don't see any really intense battles of recruits.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post useful? Yes | No
Old 02-10-2013, 03:23 PM   #34
st dude
The dotless one

st dude Prestigious Platinum Club Memberst dude Prestigious Platinum Club Memberst dude Prestigious Platinum Club Memberst dude Prestigious Platinum Club Memberst dude Prestigious Platinum Club Memberst dude Prestigious Platinum Club Memberst dude Prestigious Platinum Club Memberst dude Prestigious Platinum Club Memberst dude Prestigious Platinum Club Memberst dude Prestigious Platinum Club Memberst dude Prestigious Platinum Club Member
st dude Prestigious Platinum Club Memberst dude Prestigious Platinum Club Memberst dude Prestigious Platinum Club Memberst dude Prestigious Platinum Club Memberst dude Prestigious Platinum Club Memberst dude Prestigious Platinum Club Memberst dude Prestigious Platinum Club Memberst dude Prestigious Platinum Club Memberst dude Prestigious Platinum Club Memberst dude Prestigious Platinum Club Memberst dude Prestigious Platinum Club Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSSpam View Post
I don't see Ole Miss and LSU going head to head on many players this year. There's always a couple but similar to 2013 I don't see any really intense battles of recruits.
LSU has a bit of a recruiting advantage over Ole Miss not only due to recent success but also based on geography. LSU is close to a lot of Mississippi schools while Oxford is not that close to La.

While more and more you see top kids willing to travel, playing at home and close to familly remains one of the most impt considerations to recruits. Most blue chips are from poor families who cannot afford to travel long distances.

LSU has verbal commit from Devin Voorhies, a 2014 recruit from Woodville who is one of top recruits in Mississippi. Ole Miss and Miss State are still after him. I think early commits like this are vulnerable to flip but the fact he lives way closer to BR than Oxford helps LSU.

LSU has had success mostly in South Mississippi. If Ole Miss continues to improve the story they have to tell they could start competing again for La kids in the fertile Monroe area which is close to Mississippi and demographically more like parts of Mississippi than central and south La. If there are top recruits in Mississippi gulf coast area that is where you might see LSU competing with the Mississippi schools for talent.

Old 02-10-2013, 03:50 PM   #35
LSSpam
Practice Squad

LSSpam 50K Burger ClubLSSpam 50K Burger ClubLSSpam 50K Burger ClubLSSpam 50K Burger ClubLSSpam 50K Burger ClubLSSpam 50K Burger Club
LSSpam 50K Burger ClubLSSpam 50K Burger ClubLSSpam 50K Burger ClubLSSpam 50K Burger ClubLSSpam 50K Burger ClubLSSpam 50K Burger ClubLSSpam 50K Burger ClubLSSpam 50K Burger ClubLSSpam 50K Burger ClubLSSpam 50K Burger ClubLSSpam 50K Burger ClubLSSpam 50K Burger ClubLSSpam 50K Burger Club

Awards Showcase
Professor Pigskin Award 

I'm sure Ole Miss will make a run at Voorhies, he's an outstanding athlete, but similar to Duke Riley I doubt this'll be a knock down drag out fight for either side. Plus he sounds pretty sold on LSU. So he's closer to LSU than Ole Miss or MSU, likes LSU more, isn't playing a critical position of need (well projected at), and committed early.

Like I said, I'm sure we'll make a run but LSU is pretty safe I think if it was someone like Roderick Taylor OG it'd be different, since that's a critical need spot in 2014 for us, but we won't have any problems their for him.

Ole Miss just hasn't had the staff for recruiting against LSU ever since Orgeron and Frank Wilson left. We've focused more and more on Tennessee, Georgia, and Florida over the years. Our battles will, similar to this past year, probably primarily be with MSU, Auburn, and Tennessee

Old 02-10-2013, 04:07 PM   #36
st dude
The dotless one

Quote:
I'm sure Ole Miss will make a run at Voorhies, he's an outstanding athlete, but similar to Duke Riley I doubt this'll be a knock down drag out fight for either side. Plus he sounds pretty sold on LSU. So he's closer to LSU than Ole Miss or MSU, likes LSU more, isn't playing a critical position of need (well projected at), and committed early.

Like I said, I'm sure we'll make a run but LSU is pretty safe I think if it was someone like Roderick Taylor OG it'd be different, since that's a critical need spot in 2014 for us, but we won't have any problems their for him.

Ole Miss just hasn't had the staff for recruiting against LSU ever since Orgeron and Frank Wilson left. We've focused more and more on Tennessee, Georgia, and Florida over the years. Our battles will, similar to this past year, probably primarily be with MSU, Auburn, and Tennessee
You have just so much recruiting energy and money to spend and I think Ole Miss is smart to focus on places like Georgia and Florida for their recruits. It is really hard to pry top La recruits from LSU. In any given year Georgia will have double the blue chips Louisiana has in their state and Florida four times as many. There are so many more kids to pick from and many of them not so locked in on a state school.

I am not sure what position you are talking about with Voorhies. He has committed to LSU as an athlete. It sounds like he will either be a safety or a wr and is willing to play wherever LSU wants him but prefers wide out. Louisiana is loaded with 2014 wide outs so I assume Voorhies will be a safety.

Louisiana has 4 blue chip wide outs for the 2014 class, Quinn, Noil, Sims and Dupre. I think they will be happy with 3 of the bunch. Somebody is going to get a heck of a leftover.

Old 02-10-2013, 04:17 PM   #37
LSSpam
Practice Squad

Awards Showcase
Professor Pigskin Award 

Voorhies will be a safety at LSU. Maybe RB? (But not a bell cow). Miles has shown a clear preference for giant WRs and Voorhies isn't that big.

Old 02-11-2013, 11:13 AM   #38
Bayouboy
Football Genius

Bayouboy is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBayouboy is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBayouboy is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBayouboy is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBayouboy is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Bayouboy is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBayouboy is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBayouboy is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBayouboy is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBayouboy is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBayouboy is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBayouboy is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBayouboy is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBayouboy is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBayouboy is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBayouboy is an Sr.com Hall of Famer

Awards Showcase
Predict the Score Winner 

Miles is selling out on Fournette.....is he a flight risk??? We will desparately need RB recruits in the 2014 class.

Old 02-11-2013, 11:31 AM   #39
coldseat
Super Forum Fanatic

coldseat Prestigious Platinum Club Membercoldseat Prestigious Platinum Club Membercoldseat Prestigious Platinum Club Membercoldseat Prestigious Platinum Club Membercoldseat Prestigious Platinum Club Membercoldseat Prestigious Platinum Club Membercoldseat Prestigious Platinum Club Membercoldseat Prestigious Platinum Club Membercoldseat Prestigious Platinum Club Member
coldseat Prestigious Platinum Club Membercoldseat Prestigious Platinum Club Membercoldseat Prestigious Platinum Club Membercoldseat Prestigious Platinum Club Membercoldseat Prestigious Platinum Club Membercoldseat Prestigious Platinum Club Membercoldseat Prestigious Platinum Club Membercoldseat Prestigious Platinum Club Membercoldseat Prestigious Platinum Club Membercoldseat Prestigious Platinum Club Membercoldseat Prestigious Platinum Club Membercoldseat Prestigious Platinum Club Membercoldseat Prestigious Platinum Club Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLU View Post
Chris Hardeman

Cornerback (5-9, 180)
Taylor HS
Houston, TX

The state of Texas is loaded with DBs nest year, so there are going to be some good ones escape the border. LSU will be looking at bringing in 4-5 DBs. He's already being called The Honey Badger II because of their similar size, football IQ (coach's son, dad played in the NFL) and tenacity on the field. He also has a teammate that a lot of schools are interested in, Torrodney Prevot (2013). His dad played under Brick Haley, too.
Just a curiosity question. Why is he decked out in aTm gear if he's an LSU commit? Are those his high school colors/mascot?
coldseat is online now Reply With Quote

Old 02-11-2013, 11:57 AM   #40
LSSpam
Practice Squad

Awards Showcase
Professor Pigskin Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayouboy View Post
Miles is selling out on Fournette.....is he a flight risk??? We will desparately need RB recruits in the 2014 class.
Out of St. Augustine? Yeah you guys will get him. I mean Alabama will make a strong run and get a decent look, it's Alabama, but it'd be a huge upset for you guys to not get Fournette.

Old 02-11-2013, 02:49 PM   #41
st dude
The dotless one

Quote:
Out of St. Augustine? Yeah you guys will get him. I mean Alabama will make a strong run and get a decent look, it's Alabama, but it'd be a huge upset for you guys to not get Fournette.
Recruits in La know they get the maximum hype and attention if they have or pretend to have interest in Alabama. I do not see Alabama as a serious contender for Fournette.

Alabama has loaded up with top running backs the last two years. LSU has taken only Hill who is eligible to go pro next year. Fournette has the best chance to play early and often at LSU. On top of that, LSU has a strong relationship with him.

I agree it would be a huge upset if LSU loses Fournette. I think some other suitor other than Alabama will enter the picture, maybe Notre Dame or Texas A&M.

As much as Louisiana folks like to wring their hands and worry about Saban getting all our good kids, Alabama actually only gets a kid here and there. You would think with Saban's relationships in La it would be more.

Saban got Lacy but that was a miscalculation by LSU staff who thought he would not qualify. Landon Collins was the big get for Saban but for whatever reason he did not play much last year.

A lot of top La recruits flirt with bama. Few end up going there. Tim Williams went this year but LSU had the ends they got higher rated than Williams. Bama also got Falkins but I dont think LSU even offered him.

Old 02-11-2013, 09:03 PM   #42
MLU
NSD Legend

MLU has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldseat View Post
Just a curiosity question. Why is he decked out in aTm gear if he's an LSU commit? Are those his high school colors/mascot?
There were other pictures of him, but that was my favorite.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post useful? Yes | No
Old 02-11-2013, 10:28 PM   #43
VVextreme
Super Forum Fanatic

VVextreme is a splendid one to beholdVVextreme is a splendid one to beholdVVextreme is a splendid one to behold
VVextreme is a splendid one to beholdVVextreme is a splendid one to beholdVVextreme is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldseat View Post
Same reason that Ole Miss signee Kim jong il, or whatever the heck his name is... came to visit LSU. To generate buzz by association.

I'm not going to bother looking up how to spell his name, dude's not gonna matter outside of a few obscure ESPN highlights.
VVextreme is offline Reply With Quote

Old 02-11-2013, 11:39 PM   #44
st dude
The dotless one

The Rivals 100 is out and it has confirmed 2014 will be a big year for La recruits. Last year La had only three in the Rivals 100, the highest ranked being Tre'davious White at 18. The others were Desean Smith and Kendell Beckwith.

This year LA has five in the top 100 and 2 in the top ten. Fournette is the third ranked player overall and first ranked running back. Cameron Robinson is the 7th ranked player and 1st ranked o-lineman. Hootie Jones, Malachi Dupre and Gerald Willis are also in top 100.

Lots more La players will be in the top 250 including probably four wide receivers. Dupre is in the top 100 and look for Quinn, Sims and Noil to make top 250.

Willis is the brother of Landon Collins and a big defensive tackle. I think LSU is in good shape with Willis and that his part of the family is not happy with Alabama. LSU is also in good shape with Noil and Quinn, although some say A&M leads for Quinn.

Robinson and Jones should be Bama/LSU fights with Bama being a serious player. LSU wins most of those battles, but not all.

You never know but I see 2013 being a rebuilding year for LSU where they lose 3,4 maybe 5 games. It is not fair LSU gets Georgia and Florida as their two SEC East games, but life ain't always fair.

The 2014 class will be loaded on top of a very deep 2013 class. That would make 2015 a year where you have top talent and experience. It does not always work like that. A lot will depend on how soon the new qb's develop and what improvements the offense sees with new coordinator.

Runs like Bama is having are rare in the modern college game. Most top teams like LSU, Florida, USC, Texas and Georgia will have up and down years. LSU takes a huge hit losing eleven players to early entry. That is highly unusual and I think it hard to replace that type of talent in one year.

If LSU fans can be patient, not one of their stronger qualities, I think they will see a tremendous team in a couple of years. The talent will be there. We really need one of the two qbs we got this year to be a leader and a winner.

Old 02-12-2013, 02:14 AM   #45
weightlifter316
Kevin Gates 4 President

weightlifter316 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerweightlifter316 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerweightlifter316 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerweightlifter316 is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
weightlifter316 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerweightlifter316 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerweightlifter316 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerweightlifter316 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerweightlifter316 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerweightlifter316 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerweightlifter316 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerweightlifter316 is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
They didn't waste any time getting the 100 out did they

LSU is going to clean up in 2014. A DB class of Tony Brown, Edward Paris, Laurence Jones, and Chris Hardemen would be insane
weightlifter316 is offline Reply With Quote