View Single Post
Old 02-25-2012, 09:48 AM  
Broadmoor74
Yeah you rite

Location: Louisiana...the greatest 3rd world country in the whole U.S. of A.
Broadmoor74 50K Burger ClubBroadmoor74 50K Burger ClubBroadmoor74 50K Burger ClubBroadmoor74 50K Burger ClubBroadmoor74 50K Burger Club
Broadmoor74 50K Burger ClubBroadmoor74 50K Burger ClubBroadmoor74 50K Burger ClubBroadmoor74 50K Burger ClubBroadmoor74 50K Burger ClubBroadmoor74 50K Burger ClubBroadmoor74 50K Burger ClubBroadmoor74 50K Burger ClubBroadmoor74 50K Burger ClubBroadmoor74 50K Burger ClubBroadmoor74 50K Burger ClubBroadmoor74 50K Burger ClubBroadmoor74 50K Burger Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlands Saints View Post
is it a bigger waste of time or money than say the state of California printing all of its forms in multiple languages, in some cases up to 27 different ones costing hundreds of millions dollars. I'm all for speaking what ever you want but I think all business done at any level of government should be in English. or maybe they should stop wasting time with this and just round up all the illegals and ship them somewhere else.
This is some typical American elitist philosophising right here. If I go to virtually any country in Europe, I can find signs, forms, papers written in multiple languages (almost always including English), because most other countries aren't monolinguistic elitist brats like we are here. They don't view that as a waste of resources.

But I find that the argument usually isn't about money or resources or anything like that. It's usually about stickin' it to the dam illegals.

My grandfather didn't speak English until he was an adult, and that was just when he moved away from Vermillion Parish to work in a Texas refinery. Had he stayed home, he could have lived a rich, fulfilling life without English. And he wasn't an immigrant. He was born in Louisiana, as were his parents, who never spoke English. I guess we should have just rounded him up and sent him back to .......... well, wherever else they don't speak Amurikan.

Additionally, it's almost always people from Texas or California who campaign the most about English being our "official" language. Yet I never hear any drums being beaten to rename the cities "Saint Francis" instead of "San Francisco" or "Saint Anthony" instead of "San Antonio." Hmmmm.
Broadmoor74 is offline Reply With Quote

6 out of 9 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post useful? Yes | No