View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012, 11:33 AM  
bornnraisedwhodat
More than 15K posts served!

bornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Memberbornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Memberbornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Member
bornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Memberbornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Memberbornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Memberbornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Memberbornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Memberbornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Memberbornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Memberbornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Memberbornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Memberbornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Memberbornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Memberbornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Memberbornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Memberbornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELLIASJWILLIAMS View Post

I thought this was telling for people who bashed me for saying Drew underthrows the deepball sometimes.

They seem to confuse arm strength with ability. Drew is excellent@the deep ball...but its more so his mechanics than Arm Strenghth. When you see him underthrow a receiver u know its because he doesn't have a powerful arm.

If that ball was in front of Morgan it was another TD. Instead it was behind him and he had to attack the ball. Which for the most part is planned by Drew. He trust guys to go up and get it...but sometimes its obvious that if he had a little more Throwing Power "Madden" There would be less times that a guy would have to "fight" for the ball rather than just running under it for an easy score.
I dont know who blasted you, but you are right. I think its 2 things, mechanics, and timing between him the receiver. Morgan and Drew or still feeling each other out. Morgan is fast so he can get down field in a jiffy, pretty easy to under throw him.

As I said before, Brees has never had a cannon arm, thats never been his game, his game has always been touch and accuracy. He doesnt have a weak arm at all, in fact its pretty good, but he is no Jay Cutler, Flacco, or Stafford. Brees' mechanics have to be intact to make a throw like that, he needs to be able to step into his throw comfortably, not to mention, he is 6ft and usually just cant see the guy down there so he has to depend on the timing to be there and his accuracy to be on point.

But like you said, it has nothing to do with his arm strength. Still working on the kinks on the deep ball passing game. But I also think we are a bit spoiled. We expect Drew to connect every throw, but if you go an watch some of these other QB's. they might take 4 or 5 shots down field before they finally connect. Drew will connect the majority of his shot throws.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post useful? Yes | No