Saintsreport.com Forums
home Steve Gleasons Website
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Do you want to remove the ads? Support the site by becoming a subscribing member.


Go Back   New Orleans Saints - Saints Report - Message Boards > GENERAL > Everything Else Board


reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2012, 05:39 PM   #61
SaintMeaux
No Pity
 
SaintMeaux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Portland, OR
Age: 41
Posts: 4,620
SaintMeaux is a splendid one to beholdSaintMeaux is a splendid one to behold
SaintMeaux is a splendid one to beholdSaintMeaux is a splendid one to beholdSaintMeaux is a splendid one to beholdSaintMeaux is a splendid one to beholdSaintMeaux is a splendid one to beholdSaintMeaux is a splendid one to beholdSaintMeaux is a splendid one to beholdSaintMeaux is a splendid one to beholdSaintMeaux is a splendid one to beholdSaintMeaux is a splendid one to beholdSaintMeaux is a splendid one to beholdSaintMeaux is a splendid one to beholdSaintMeaux is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by redlandssaintsson View Post
I'm learning medical Spanish. But if you're going to live here and would like proper health care, maybe it's not to much to ask that you learn how to answer "do you have any allergies?". My point is why, in MY country is it wrong to force others to learn my language but not wrong to be forced to learn theirs?
I'm not implying that they should not learn English, I think everyone that lives in the U.S. should. Not forcibly, but out of desire to improve their standing in American society. Honestly, I think every English speaking student in the U.S. should be learning Spanish, as well. It would be beneficial in many, if not most occupations in the future. Like it or not, we are becoming a bilingual nation.

Your occupation is to provide a service to your community, correct? Your community has a large Spanish speaking population, correct? All that I was suggesting was that it would be to your advantage to be able to communicate with a large portion of that community. In fact, I'm honestly surprised that it isn't already a requirement.
SaintMeaux is offline Reply With Quote


1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post useful? Yes | No
Old 02-26-2012, 07:28 PM   #62
Sarcastic
Very Banned
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Terrace
Age: 35
Posts: 9,471
Sarcastic 50K Burger ClubSarcastic 50K Burger ClubSarcastic 50K Burger ClubSarcastic 50K Burger Club
Sarcastic 50K Burger ClubSarcastic 50K Burger ClubSarcastic 50K Burger ClubSarcastic 50K Burger ClubSarcastic 50K Burger ClubSarcastic 50K Burger ClubSarcastic 50K Burger Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by redlandssaintsson View Post
I'm learning medical Spanish. But if you're going to live here and would like proper health care, maybe it's not to much to ask that you learn how to answer "do you have any allergies?". My point is why, in MY country is it wrong to force others to learn my language but not wrong to be forced to learn theirs?
Are you compelled by law to learn medical Spanish?
Sarcastic is offline Reply With Quote


Did you find this post useful? Yes | No
Old 02-26-2012, 07:44 PM   #63
antipop
Rocket 88
 
antipop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: right near the beach
Age: 41
Posts: 44,311
antipop Prestigious Platinum Club Memberantipop Prestigious Platinum Club Memberantipop Prestigious Platinum Club Memberantipop Prestigious Platinum Club Memberantipop Prestigious Platinum Club Memberantipop Prestigious Platinum Club Member
antipop Prestigious Platinum Club Memberantipop Prestigious Platinum Club Memberantipop Prestigious Platinum Club Memberantipop Prestigious Platinum Club Memberantipop Prestigious Platinum Club Memberantipop Prestigious Platinum Club Memberantipop Prestigious Platinum Club Memberantipop Prestigious Platinum Club Memberantipop Prestigious Platinum Club Memberantipop Prestigious Platinum Club Memberantipop Prestigious Platinum Club Member
aren't many medical terms Latin or Greek??

:americamad:
__________________
You are not special. You're not a beautiful and unique snowflake. You're the same decaying organic matter as everything else. We're all part of the same compost heap. We're all singing, all dancing crap of the world.
antipop is offline Reply With Quote


2 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post useful? Yes | No
Old 02-26-2012, 08:13 PM   #64
redlandssaintsson
Fan By Blood
 
redlandssaintsson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Redlands
Posts: 5,300
redlandssaintsson is an Sr.com Hall of Famerredlandssaintsson is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
redlandssaintsson is an Sr.com Hall of Famerredlandssaintsson is an Sr.com Hall of Famerredlandssaintsson is an Sr.com Hall of Famerredlandssaintsson is an Sr.com Hall of Famerredlandssaintsson is an Sr.com Hall of Famerredlandssaintsson is an Sr.com Hall of Famerredlandssaintsson is an Sr.com Hall of Famerredlandssaintsson is an Sr.com Hall of Famerredlandssaintsson is an Sr.com Hall of Famerredlandssaintsson is an Sr.com Hall of Famerredlandssaintsson is an Sr.com Hall of Famerredlandssaintsson is an Sr.com Hall of Famerredlandssaintsson is an Sr.com Hall of Famerredlandssaintsson is an Sr.com Hall of Famerredlandssaintsson is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
Originally Posted by antipop View Post
did someone hold a gun to your head and force you to learn a new language??
No. But try getting/doing your job without the ability to speak to your clients. It certainly feels like a gun.
redlandssaintsson is offline Reply With Quote


1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post useful? Yes | No
Old 02-26-2012, 08:17 PM   #65
redlandssaintsson
Fan By Blood
 
redlandssaintsson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Redlands
Posts: 5,300
redlandssaintsson is an Sr.com Hall of Famerredlandssaintsson is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
redlandssaintsson is an Sr.com Hall of Famerredlandssaintsson is an Sr.com Hall of Famerredlandssaintsson is an Sr.com Hall of Famerredlandssaintsson is an Sr.com Hall of Famerredlandssaintsson is an Sr.com Hall of Famerredlandssaintsson is an Sr.com Hall of Famerredlandssaintsson is an Sr.com Hall of Famerredlandssaintsson is an Sr.com Hall of Famerredlandssaintsson is an Sr.com Hall of Famerredlandssaintsson is an Sr.com Hall of Famerredlandssaintsson is an Sr.com Hall of Famerredlandssaintsson is an Sr.com Hall of Famerredlandssaintsson is an Sr.com Hall of Famerredlandssaintsson is an Sr.com Hall of Famerredlandssaintsson is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintMeaux View Post
I'm not implying that they should not learn English, I think everyone that lives in the U.S. should. Not forcibly, but out of desire to improve their standing in American society. Honestly, I think every English speaking student in the U.S. should be learning Spanish, as well. It would be beneficial in many, if not most occupations in the future. Like it or not, we are becoming a bilingual nation.

Your occupation is to provide a service to your community, correct? Your community has a large Spanish speaking population, correct? All that I was suggesting was that it would be to your advantage to be able to communicate with a large portion of that community. In fact, I'm honestly surprised that it isn't already a requirement.
I'm not disagreeing with your premise. But I've had patients request translators or Spanish speaking employees when those same patients speak at worst passable English. I think a major problem with the influx of immigrants is the complete disinterest in assimilating. Many of the Spanish speakers in my community have no desire to speak English. And I've witnessed them make attempts to not ever need/have to.
redlandssaintsson is offline Reply With Quote


Did you find this post useful? Yes | No
Old 02-26-2012, 08:22 PM   #66
wamland
Sacrilicious
 
wamland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Catonsville Md
Posts: 4,893
wamland is a true Saintwamland is a true Saintwamland is a true Saintwamland is a true Saintwamland is a true Saint
wamland is a true Saintwamland is a true Saintwamland is a true Saint
Quote:
Originally Posted by redlandssaintsson View Post
No. But try getting/doing your job without the ability to speak to your clients. It certainly feels like a gun.
This job would be great if it wasn't for the customers.
__________________
"Think about that. In a league where nobody can stop anybody, the Falcons’ offense was outscored by its own defense."
wamland is offline Reply With Quote


1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post useful? Yes | No
Old 02-26-2012, 08:35 PM   #67
antipop
Rocket 88
 
antipop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: right near the beach
Age: 41
Posts: 44,311
antipop Prestigious Platinum Club Memberantipop Prestigious Platinum Club Memberantipop Prestigious Platinum Club Memberantipop Prestigious Platinum Club Memberantipop Prestigious Platinum Club Memberantipop Prestigious Platinum Club Member
antipop Prestigious Platinum Club Memberantipop Prestigious Platinum Club Memberantipop Prestigious Platinum Club Memberantipop Prestigious Platinum Club Memberantipop Prestigious Platinum Club Memberantipop Prestigious Platinum Club Memberantipop Prestigious Platinum Club Memberantipop Prestigious Platinum Club Memberantipop Prestigious Platinum Club Memberantipop Prestigious Platinum Club Memberantipop Prestigious Platinum Club Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by redlandssaintsson View Post
No. But try getting/doing your job without the ability to speak to your clients. It certainly feels like a gun.
i had to learn all kinds of new things for my job
__________________
You are not special. You're not a beautiful and unique snowflake. You're the same decaying organic matter as everything else. We're all part of the same compost heap. We're all singing, all dancing crap of the world.
antipop is offline Reply With Quote


1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post useful? Yes | No
Old 02-26-2012, 08:40 PM   #68
St. Widge
Besmirching You
 
St. Widge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: 4th Ward Soldier
Age: 46
Posts: 33,316
St. Widge Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSt. Widge Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSt. Widge Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSt. Widge Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSt. Widge Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSt. Widge Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSt. Widge Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSt. Widge Prestigious Platinum Club Member
St. Widge Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSt. Widge Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSt. Widge Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSt. Widge Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSt. Widge Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSt. Widge Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSt. Widge Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSt. Widge Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSt. Widge Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSt. Widge Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSt. Widge Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSt. Widge Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSt. Widge Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSt. Widge Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSt. Widge Prestigious Platinum Club Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by redlandssaintsson View Post
No. But try getting/doing your job without the ability to speak to your clients. It certainly feels like a gun.
Sounds like the free market to me.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeetes View Post
I love nuts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by whodatfever View Post
My opinion isn't worth very much anyway.
St. Widge is offline Reply With Quote


1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post useful? Yes | No
Old 02-26-2012, 08:52 PM   #69
St. Widge
Besmirching You
 
St. Widge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: 4th Ward Soldier
Age: 46
Posts: 33,316
St. Widge Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSt. Widge Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSt. Widge Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSt. Widge Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSt. Widge Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSt. Widge Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSt. Widge Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSt. Widge Prestigious Platinum Club Member
St. Widge Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSt. Widge Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSt. Widge Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSt. Widge Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSt. Widge Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSt. Widge Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSt. Widge Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSt. Widge Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSt. Widge Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSt. Widge Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSt. Widge Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSt. Widge Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSt. Widge Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSt. Widge Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSt. Widge Prestigious Platinum Club Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by redlandssaintsson View Post
I'm learning medical Spanish. But if you're going to live here and would like proper health care, maybe it's not to much to ask that you learn how to answer "do you have any allergies?". My point is why, in MY country is it wrong to force others to learn my language but not wrong to be forced to learn theirs?
Presumably some of those Spanish speakers are American citizens. If so, it's THEIR country too so why shouldn't you have to learn THEIR language?

I mean the only part of this country that was settled by English speakers was the North East. The rest was initially settled by either French, Spanish, or to a lesser extent German speakers. I'm not sure why English became the predominant language in this country, but it wasn't because everyone was supposed to speak THEIR language. It wasn't all that long ago in Louisiana that Cajun French was very commonly spoken. In fact, I consider it a major cultural loss for my family that we lost all of our Cajun French in just two generations.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeetes View Post
I love nuts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by whodatfever View Post
My opinion isn't worth very much anyway.
St. Widge is offline Reply With Quote


3 out of 3 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post useful? Yes | No
Old 02-26-2012, 09:20 PM   #70
redlandssaintsson
Fan By Blood
 
redlandssaintsson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Redlands
Posts: 5,300
redlandssaintsson is an Sr.com Hall of Famerredlandssaintsson is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
redlandssaintsson is an Sr.com Hall of Famerredlandssaintsson is an Sr.com Hall of Famerredlandssaintsson is an Sr.com Hall of Famerredlandssaintsson is an Sr.com Hall of Famerredlandssaintsson is an Sr.com Hall of Famerredlandssaintsson is an Sr.com Hall of Famerredlandssaintsson is an Sr.com Hall of Famerredlandssaintsson is an Sr.com Hall of Famerredlandssaintsson is an Sr.com Hall of Famerredlandssaintsson is an Sr.com Hall of Famerredlandssaintsson is an Sr.com Hall of Famerredlandssaintsson is an Sr.com Hall of Famerredlandssaintsson is an Sr.com Hall of Famerredlandssaintsson is an Sr.com Hall of Famerredlandssaintsson is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Let me just say that I don't dislike Mexicans. Or any "minority". My wife is a first generation American Mexican. I'm also not trying to say its only the Mexicans I wish would learn English. I can't describe how truly annoying it is working alongside phillipino nurses who need ME to speak English to their patients. My point is this country, while yes founded in sections by a multitude of languages, it's now an "English" speaking country and if you'd like to live here, why doesn't your sense of wanting to be a part of society will you to learn the language?
redlandssaintsson is offline Reply With Quote


Did you find this post useful? Yes | No
Old 02-26-2012, 10:05 PM   #71
VVextreme
Super Forum Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Tampa, FL
Age: 37
Posts: 6,818
VVextreme is a splendid one to beholdVVextreme is a splendid one to beholdVVextreme is a splendid one to behold
VVextreme is a splendid one to beholdVVextreme is a splendid one to beholdVVextreme is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by St. Widge View Post
Presumably some of those Spanish speakers are American citizens. If so, it's THEIR country too so why shouldn't you have to learn THEIR language?

I mean the only part of this country that was settled by English speakers was the North East. The rest was initially settled by either French, Spanish, or to a lesser extent German speakers. I'm not sure why English became the predominant language in this country, but it wasn't because everyone was supposed to speak THEIR language. It wasn't all that long ago in Louisiana that Cajun French was very commonly spoken. In fact, I consider it a major cultural loss for my family that we lost all of our Cajun French in just two generations.
It is their country, but the majority of Americans speak English by a long shot. There are no inherent advantages to either language as both allow effective communication, so the logical choice is English. Everything that we currently have is predominantly in English. It would require tremendous resources and manpower to convert everyone to Spanish. But then the French, Japanese, Germans, etc will be left out, so then we have to learn 100 other languages. We'll spend our entire lives learning various languages instead of trying to cure cancer, increase food production, solve our energy crisis, etc.

Converting to English is the low hanging fruit. One nation united under one language is the ideal. Communication is absolutely core to resolving conflicts, understanding each other, getting to know each other, caring about each other and advancing as a society TOGETHER.

I'm not saying that Cajun French doesn't have value, because it does. But there's a reason it's disapearing. The limits of the human brain to retain knowledge prevent unlimited data storage combined with time constraints have resulted in the slow elimination of this language and countless other dead languages.

I also have another prediction, with the advancement of technology, eventually we'll have one global language and all others will eventually die off. That is until we colonize other planets and spread throughout the universe, then new languages will evolve again.
VVextreme is offline Reply With Quote


Did you find this post useful? Yes | No
Old 02-26-2012, 10:20 PM   #72
Charlie Brizzown
Fishing fool
 
Charlie Brizzown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 2,235
Charlie Brizzown is a true SaintCharlie Brizzown is a true Saint
Charlie Brizzown is a true SaintCharlie Brizzown is a true SaintCharlie Brizzown is a true SaintCharlie Brizzown is a true SaintCharlie Brizzown is a true SaintCharlie Brizzown is a true SaintCharlie Brizzown is a true SaintCharlie Brizzown is a true SaintCharlie Brizzown is a true SaintCharlie Brizzown is a true SaintCharlie Brizzown is a true SaintCharlie Brizzown is a true SaintCharlie Brizzown is a true Saint
Quote:
Originally Posted by redlandssaintsson View Post
Let me just say that I don't dislike Mexicans. Or any "minority". My wife is a first generation American Mexican. I'm also not trying to say its only the Mexicans I wish would learn English. I can't describe how truly annoying it is working alongside phillipino nurses who need ME to speak English to their patients. My point is this country, while yes founded in sections by a multitude of languages, it's now an "English" speaking country and if you'd like to live here, why doesn't your sense of wanting to be a part of society will you to learn the language?
Would you still learn Spanish if all of those patients had only been in the country for a very short period of time?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSSpam View Post
Someone should poke you in the eye for such a stupid remark.
Charlie Brizzown is online now Reply With Quote


Did you find this post useful? Yes | No
Old 02-26-2012, 10:26 PM   #73
St. Widge
Besmirching You
 
St. Widge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: 4th Ward Soldier
Age: 46
Posts: 33,316
St. Widge Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSt. Widge Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSt. Widge Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSt. Widge Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSt. Widge Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSt. Widge Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSt. Widge Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSt. Widge Prestigious Platinum Club Member
St. Widge Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSt. Widge Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSt. Widge Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSt. Widge Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSt. Widge Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSt. Widge Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSt. Widge Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSt. Widge Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSt. Widge Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSt. Widge Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSt. Widge Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSt. Widge Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSt. Widge Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSt. Widge Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSt. Widge Prestigious Platinum Club Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by VVextreme View Post
It is their country, but the majority of Americans speak English by a long shot. There are no inherent advantages to either language as both allow effective communication, so the logical choice is English. Everything that we currently have is predominantly in English. It would require tremendous resources and manpower to convert everyone to Spanish. But then the French, Japanese, Germans, etc will be left out, so then we have to learn 100 other languages. We'll spend our entire lives learning various languages instead of trying to cure cancer, increase food production, solve our energy crisis, etc.

Converting to English is the low hanging fruit. One nation united under one language is the ideal. Communication is absolutely core to resolving conflicts, understanding each other, getting to know each other, caring about each other and advancing as a society TOGETHER.

I'm not saying that Cajun French doesn't have value, because it does. But there's a reason it's disapearing. The limits of the human brain to retain knowledge prevent unlimited data storage combined with time constraints have resulted in the slow elimination of this language and countless other dead languages.

I also have another prediction, with the advancement of technology, eventually we'll have one global language and all others will eventually die off. That is until we colonize other planets and spread throughout the universe, then new languages will evolve again.
Assuming that's all true, shouldn't we then convert to whatever the majority of the people on the planet speak. I mean, if your goal is communication wouldn't that make more sense that we all learn and speak the language that he majority of people speak, not just what the majority of Americans speak?

That language, by the way, is Mandarin Chinese. Hindu and English are neck and neck for second and third place.

So, you better start learning Mandarin Chinese if you want your plan to work.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeetes View Post
I love nuts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by whodatfever View Post
My opinion isn't worth very much anyway.
St. Widge is offline Reply With Quote


3 out of 3 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post useful? Yes | No
Old 02-26-2012, 10:59 PM   #74
VVextreme
Super Forum Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Tampa, FL
Age: 37
Posts: 6,818
VVextreme is a splendid one to beholdVVextreme is a splendid one to beholdVVextreme is a splendid one to behold
VVextreme is a splendid one to beholdVVextreme is a splendid one to beholdVVextreme is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by St. Widge View Post
Assuming that's all true, shouldn't we then convert to whatever the majority of the people on the planet speak. I mean, if your goal is communication wouldn't that make more sense that we all learn and speak the language that he majority of people speak, not just what the majority of Americans speak?

That language, by the way, is Mandarin Chinese. Hindu and English are neck and neck for second and third place.

So, you better start learning Mandarin Chinese if you want your plan to work.
I don't think the world is there yet. That's too big of a change too quickly. My prediction won't happen over night, just like your cajun french didn't disappear over night and there are still those that speak it.

We also don't have the technology yet to maintain a single language worldwide. We don't communicate internationally worldwide to maintain that sort of thing on an average basis.

It's not like Mandarin Chinese is spoken by like 95% of the world, but I would bet that English is spoken by an extremely high percentage of Americans so the transition would be less painful and more possible. It's worth the investment in our country to make that transition and sacrifice.

And if you have ever tried to learn a foreign language, you would realize how difficult it is to learn it if you don't use it in a daily basis. Total immersion is the best and easiest way to learn a language. It's a heck of a lot easier for the few to learn English than for the many to convert to Spanish, let alone Mandarin Chinese.
VVextreme is offline Reply With Quote


Did you find this post useful? Yes | No
Old 02-26-2012, 11:58 PM   #75
redlandssaintsson
Fan By Blood
 
redlandssaintsson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Redlands
Posts: 5,300
redlandssaintsson is an Sr.com Hall of Famerredlandssaintsson is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
redlandssaintsson is an Sr.com Hall of Famerredlandssaintsson is an Sr.com Hall of Famerredlandssaintsson is an Sr.com Hall of Famerredlandssaintsson is an Sr.com Hall of Famerredlandssaintsson is an Sr.com Hall of Famerredlandssaintsson is an Sr.com Hall of Famerredlandssaintsson is an Sr.com Hall of Famerredlandssaintsson is an Sr.com Hall of Famerredlandssaintsson is an Sr.com Hall of Famerredlandssaintsson is an Sr.com Hall of Famerredlandssaintsson is an Sr.com Hall of Famerredlandssaintsson is an Sr.com Hall of Famerredlandssaintsson is an Sr.com Hall of Famerredlandssaintsson is an Sr.com Hall of Famerredlandssaintsson is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Brizzown View Post
Would you still learn Spanish if all of those patients had only been in the country for a very short period of time?
Having worked and having a strong desire to return to public health, a majority of my non-English speaking foreign patients are people who haven't been here long. So yes.
redlandssaintsson is offline Reply With Quote


Did you find this post useful? Yes | No
reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:41 PM.



Saintsreport.com - New Orleans Saints News, Info & Community! All marks, logos and images related to the Saints are the property of the New Orleans Saints, the NFL and NFL Properties. We are in no way affiliated with the New Orleans Saints or the NFL. All commentary and original artwork, ©1997-2016 SaintsReport.com, owned and operated by Andrus Whitewing, DBA Saints Report,LLC. All rights reserved. Copying of original columns prohibited without a return link and credit given. Teasing articles is ok.



Some of the Photos and pictures used throughout the site are copyright © Michael C. Hebert and are used with the permission of Michael C. Hebert and the New Orleans Saints.