Saintsreport.com Forums
home Steve Gleasons Website
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Do you want to remove the ads? Support the site by becoming a subscribing member.

Go Back   New Orleans Saints - Saints Report - Message Boards > GENERAL > Political Discussion Board

Old 09-25-2017, 12:22 PM   #106
samiam5211
Super Forum Fanatic

samiam5211 Prestigious Diamond Club Membersamiam5211 Prestigious Diamond Club Membersamiam5211 Prestigious Diamond Club Membersamiam5211 Prestigious Diamond Club Membersamiam5211 Prestigious Diamond Club Membersamiam5211 Prestigious Diamond Club Membersamiam5211 Prestigious Diamond Club Membersamiam5211 Prestigious Diamond Club Membersamiam5211 Prestigious Diamond Club Member
samiam5211 Prestigious Diamond Club Membersamiam5211 Prestigious Diamond Club Membersamiam5211 Prestigious Diamond Club Membersamiam5211 Prestigious Diamond Club Membersamiam5211 Prestigious Diamond Club Membersamiam5211 Prestigious Diamond Club Membersamiam5211 Prestigious Diamond Club Membersamiam5211 Prestigious Diamond Club Membersamiam5211 Prestigious Diamond Club Membersamiam5211 Prestigious Diamond Club Membersamiam5211 Prestigious Diamond Club Membersamiam5211 Prestigious Diamond Club Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doublemove View Post
I can't admit something I did not say. That's a whole different discussion. I never made the argument of racism equality that thought was interjected by someone else. I have never disagreed with that thought to begin with but somehow I have been labeled a believer of racist equivalency. Don't put words in my mouth. That thought was not in any way a part of my comment so I am not obliged to make it because some on here want it that way. I stand by what I said originally based on the post that was made. The rest is just for argument sake.
You claim that you never said claimed there was equivalency.

I can't think of any other reason for you to point out "both sides". I have asked you several times to explain what you meant by "both sides".

I have been respectful to you throughout our exchanges. That sentiment hasn't always been returned in your responses.

I accept that maybe I have misunderstood you, so I am asking you to explain yourself, as I have several times already.

Did you find this post useful? Yes | No
Old 09-25-2017, 12:27 PM   #107
Doublemove
Pro-Bowler

Doublemove has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by alohawhodat View Post
I'm not saying that you aren't treated/judged unfairly at times. Everyone is to some degree. But the prejudice that white Americans may feel for being white isn't in the league that their black counterparts experience and have experienced in the past. I'm sorry, it's just not.

It isn't a competition, but can we just admit that this country is geared toward benefitting the white man more than the black man? I'm white and admitting this doesn't make me hate being white or make me an apologist or feel any guilt. It just makes me a realist, in my opinion. And I want to do what I can to help make the nation better and try to fix this.

Am I wrong for that?
I have been living in Louisiana all my life. I went to a black school as a kid and have been called many racist things, been beaten up just because I was a white kid. I had to endure many things that your sweeping comments can't possibly understand. You have no right to generalize my life experiences as nothing more than a sub-level of anyone else's experiences. That's the issue I have faced. Have you been chased home everyday? Have you been so afraid of recess that you stayed next to the teacher? See its easy to say this and that but your far off view of what is anyone's life experience is can only be based on your actual experience. I could go on and on but I leave it where it needs to be, in the past and not transported to the black people in my life that I love and love me.

Old 09-25-2017, 12:31 PM   #108
Doublemove
Pro-Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by samiam5211 View Post
You claim that you never said claimed there was equivalency.

I can't think of any other reason for you to point out "both sides". I have asked you several times to explain what you meant by "both sides".

I have been respectful to you throughout our exchanges. That sentiment hasn't always been returned in your responses.

I accept that maybe I have misunderstood you, so I am asking you to explain yourself, as I have several times already.
I simply stated that racism exists on both sides. If I say that 10,000 more times will you still not get what I said? I never stated or implied that racism in the black community is at the same level as in the white.

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post useful? Yes | No
Old 09-25-2017, 12:32 PM   #109
alohawhodat
Hall-of-Famer

alohawhodat Prestigious Platinum Club Memberalohawhodat Prestigious Platinum Club Memberalohawhodat Prestigious Platinum Club Memberalohawhodat Prestigious Platinum Club Member
alohawhodat Prestigious Platinum Club Memberalohawhodat Prestigious Platinum Club Memberalohawhodat Prestigious Platinum Club Memberalohawhodat Prestigious Platinum Club Memberalohawhodat Prestigious Platinum Club Memberalohawhodat Prestigious Platinum Club Memberalohawhodat Prestigious Platinum Club Memberalohawhodat Prestigious Platinum Club Memberalohawhodat Prestigious Platinum Club Memberalohawhodat Prestigious Platinum Club Memberalohawhodat Prestigious Platinum Club Member
Quote:
I have been living in Louisiana all my life. I went to a black school as a kid and have been called many racist things, been beaten up just because I was a white kid. I had to endure many things that your sweeping comments can't possibly understand. You have no right to generalize my life experiences as nothing more than a sub-level of anyone else's experiences. That's the issue I have faced. Have you been chased home everyday? Have you been so afraid of recess that you stayed next to the teacher? See its easy to say this and that but your far off view of what is anyone's life experience is can only be based on your actual experience. I could go on and on but I leave it where it needs to be, in the past and not transported to the black people in my life that I love and love me.

I never discredited your experiences once. I even made it a point to say that white Americans haven't gone through the level of racism over time and in an ingrained institutional level like black Americans have. That doesn't mean that I am saying one white person's experience isn't terrible and isn't from plain and pure racism. You are the one that insinuated I was saying your experiences weren't worthwhile--so don't put words in my mouth.

Old 09-25-2017, 12:34 PM   #110
Saint_Ward
Thread Killer Moderator

Saint_Ward Prestigious Diamond Club MemberSaint_Ward Prestigious Diamond Club MemberSaint_Ward Prestigious Diamond Club MemberSaint_Ward Prestigious Diamond Club MemberSaint_Ward Prestigious Diamond Club MemberSaint_Ward Prestigious Diamond Club MemberSaint_Ward Prestigious Diamond Club MemberSaint_Ward Prestigious Diamond Club MemberSaint_Ward Prestigious Diamond Club MemberSaint_Ward Prestigious Diamond Club MemberSaint_Ward Prestigious Diamond Club MemberSaint_Ward Prestigious Diamond Club MemberSaint_Ward Prestigious Diamond Club MemberSaint_Ward Prestigious Diamond Club MemberSaint_Ward Prestigious Diamond Club Member
Saint_Ward Prestigious Diamond Club MemberSaint_Ward Prestigious Diamond Club MemberSaint_Ward Prestigious Diamond Club MemberSaint_Ward Prestigious Diamond Club MemberSaint_Ward Prestigious Diamond Club MemberSaint_Ward Prestigious Diamond Club MemberSaint_Ward Prestigious Diamond Club MemberSaint_Ward Prestigious Diamond Club MemberSaint_Ward Prestigious Diamond Club MemberSaint_Ward Prestigious Diamond Club MemberSaint_Ward Prestigious Diamond Club MemberSaint_Ward Prestigious Diamond Club MemberSaint_Ward Prestigious Diamond Club MemberSaint_Ward Prestigious Diamond Club MemberSaint_Ward Prestigious Diamond Club Member
Quote:
This begs the question. Is racism in any form ok?

We all have to start at the same point somewhere if we are going to come together.
No, it's not ok. But there are varying levels and damages. The point being made to you is that one side can do more damage than the other, on a large scale.

on an individual scale, any person can be a victim of racism, black, white, brown, etc.

There is a difference looking at this issue on a micro and macro level.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post useful? Yes | No
Old 09-25-2017, 12:37 PM   #111
Doublemove
Pro-Bowler

Quote:
I never discredited your experiences once. I even made it a point to say that white Americans haven't gone through the level of racism over time and in an ingrained institutional level like black Americans have. That doesn't mean that I am saying one white person's experience isn't terrible and isn't from plain and pure racism. You are the one that insinuated I was saying your experiences weren't worthwhile--so don't put words in my mouth.
No, but you did insinuate in your post that my personal experiences where not on the level of another person's experiences because of their color of skin. I found that to be very insensitive and hateful.

Old 09-25-2017, 12:39 PM   #112
Doublemove
Pro-Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint_Ward View Post
No, it's not ok. But there are varying levels and damages. The point being made to you is that one side can do more damage than the other, on a large scale.

on an individual scale, any person can be a victim of racism, black, white, brown, etc.

There is a difference looking at this issue on a micro and macro level.
So if I hit you three times and you hit me ten times, I am justified in my assault of you because I only did it three times.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post useful? Yes | No
Old 09-25-2017, 12:42 PM   #113
Doublemove
Pro-Bowler

Quote:
So I can't read into any post any implication? Tell that to those who can't understand what "both sides" mean?

Old 09-25-2017, 12:44 PM   #114
Brandon13
Hall-of-Famer

Brandon13 is a true SaintBrandon13 is a true Saint
Brandon13 is a true SaintBrandon13 is a true SaintBrandon13 is a true SaintBrandon13 is a true SaintBrandon13 is a true SaintBrandon13 is a true SaintBrandon13 is a true SaintBrandon13 is a true SaintBrandon13 is a true SaintBrandon13 is a true SaintBrandon13 is a true SaintBrandon13 is a true SaintBrandon13 is a true SaintBrandon13 is a true Saint
Quote:
No, but you did insinuate in your post that my personal experiences where not on the level of another person's experiences because of their color of skin. I found that to be very insensitive and hateful.
Oh God, "I'm the real victim."

Weak.

Brandon13 is offline Reply With Quote

5 out of 7 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post useful? Yes | No
Old 09-25-2017, 12:49 PM   #115
alohawhodat
Hall-of-Famer

alohawhodat Prestigious Platinum Club Memberalohawhodat Prestigious Platinum Club Memberalohawhodat Prestigious Platinum Club Memberalohawhodat Prestigious Platinum Club Member
alohawhodat Prestigious Platinum Club Memberalohawhodat Prestigious Platinum Club Memberalohawhodat Prestigious Platinum Club Memberalohawhodat Prestigious Platinum Club Memberalohawhodat Prestigious Platinum Club Memberalohawhodat Prestigious Platinum Club Memberalohawhodat Prestigious Platinum Club Memberalohawhodat Prestigious Platinum Club Memberalohawhodat Prestigious Platinum Club Memberalohawhodat Prestigious Platinum Club Memberalohawhodat Prestigious Platinum Club Member
Quote:
No, and to repeat, I said that on the whole, white americans have not experienced the level of racism over time that black americans have. The post is there.

If you read into it the way you did--I definitely didn't mean it that way. So please I'd ask that you stop insisting on hearing it the way that you want to.

Old 09-25-2017, 12:57 PM   #116
Doublemove
Pro-Bowler

Quote:
No, and to repeat, I said that on the whole, white americans have not experienced the level of racism over time that black americans have. The post is there.

If you read into it the way you did--I definitely didn't mean it that way. So please I'd ask that you stop insisting on hearing it the way that you want to.
I am a white male so when you say, "on the whole", I am part of that "whole". I don't care to be lumped in or generalized with all white people. Some of them make me sick at my stomach.

But to answer your question. Yes, I will stop seeing your post as being offensive.

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post useful? Yes | No
Old 09-25-2017, 01:14 PM   #117
alohawhodat
Hall-of-Famer

Quote:
I am a white male so when you say, "on the whole", I am part of that "whole". I don't care to be lumped in or generalized with all white people. Some of them make me sick at my stomach.
Obviously I could never say anyone didn't experience an extreme form of racism. I've experienced it, too, albeit not in a case as severe as it sounds you did.

When I say "on the whole", I'm speaking of the institutionalized racism, not just what one experiences on a day to day basis. ***Again, not discrediting your experience here--just speaking broadly. Housing applications being denied, police profiling, people assuming that you're dangerous or stupid, etc. I personally do think these are problematic issues and that more white Americans should realize that it's been a commonplace for some time and that we need to change it. Those facts do not take a thing away from your experience or make it less worthwhile. I hope you understand what I'm trying to say here.

Old 09-25-2017, 01:32 PM   #118
samiam5211
Super Forum Fanatic

samiam5211 Prestigious Diamond Club Membersamiam5211 Prestigious Diamond Club Membersamiam5211 Prestigious Diamond Club Membersamiam5211 Prestigious Diamond Club Membersamiam5211 Prestigious Diamond Club Membersamiam5211 Prestigious Diamond Club Membersamiam5211 Prestigious Diamond Club Membersamiam5211 Prestigious Diamond Club Membersamiam5211 Prestigious Diamond Club Member
samiam5211 Prestigious Diamond Club Membersamiam5211 Prestigious Diamond Club Membersamiam5211 Prestigious Diamond Club Membersamiam5211 Prestigious Diamond Club Membersamiam5211 Prestigious Diamond Club Membersamiam5211 Prestigious Diamond Club Membersamiam5211 Prestigious Diamond Club Membersamiam5211 Prestigious Diamond Club Membersamiam5211 Prestigious Diamond Club Membersamiam5211 Prestigious Diamond Club Membersamiam5211 Prestigious Diamond Club Membersamiam5211 Prestigious Diamond Club Member
Quote:
I simply stated that racism exists on both sides. If I say that 10,000 more times will you still not get what I said? I never stated or implied that racism in the black community is at the same level as in the white.

What was the point you were trying to make by stating that racism exists on both sides?

If you weren't trying to make a point, why make that statement?

I assume you were trying to make in implicit point that black people protesting against racism are being divisive because racism exists on both sides.

If that is not the point you were trying to make, please explain the point you were trying to make.

3 out of 4 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post useful? Yes | No
Old 09-25-2017, 01:57 PM   #119
rajncajn
Lurker Extrodinaire

rajncajn is an Sr.com Hall of Famerrajncajn is an Sr.com Hall of Famerrajncajn is an Sr.com Hall of Famerrajncajn is an Sr.com Hall of Famerrajncajn is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
rajncajn is an Sr.com Hall of Famerrajncajn is an Sr.com Hall of Famerrajncajn is an Sr.com Hall of Famerrajncajn is an Sr.com Hall of Famerrajncajn is an Sr.com Hall of Famerrajncajn is an Sr.com Hall of Famerrajncajn is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
Obviously I could never say anyone didn't experience an extreme form of racism. I've experienced it, too, albeit not in a case as severe as it sounds you did.
Side bar:

Grew up in Hawaii, did you? My brother went to high school at Konawaena. Some of the locals don't care much for haole's.

Old 09-25-2017, 02:03 PM   #120
Doublemove
Pro-Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by samiam5211 View Post
What was the point you were trying to make by stating that racism exists on both sides?

If you weren't trying to make a point, why make that statement?

I assume you were trying to make in implicit point that black people protesting against racism are being divisive because racism exists on both sides.

If that is not the point you were trying to make, please explain the point you were trying to make.
Ok what is it that you are wanting me to say?

Will you feel better about life if I say racism only exists with white people? Is that what you want my comments to be about? I'm thinking about the movie Ground Hog Day right now. Lol