Saintsreport.com Forums
home Steve Gleasons Website
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Do you want to remove the ads? Support the site by becoming a subscribing member.

Go Back   New Orleans Saints - Saints Report - Message Boards > GENERAL > Political Discussion Board

Old 09-24-2017, 08:33 PM   #61
Poison
Pro-Bowler

Poison is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Poison is a future SR.com Hall of FamerPoison is a future SR.com Hall of FamerPoison is a future SR.com Hall of FamerPoison is a future SR.com Hall of FamerPoison is a future SR.com Hall of FamerPoison is a future SR.com Hall of FamerPoison is a future SR.com Hall of FamerPoison is a future SR.com Hall of FamerPoison is a future SR.com Hall of FamerPoison is a future SR.com Hall of FamerPoison is a future SR.com Hall of FamerPoison is a future SR.com Hall of FamerPoison is a future SR.com Hall of FamerPoison is a future SR.com Hall of FamerPoison is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Enormously proud of our organization today.

From the joint Saints-Pelicans statement I first read when I woke up at 2.50am to watch the game here, to our players who peacefully protested and their teammates who stood alongside them, to our coach and our quarterback speaking publicly after the game.

The easiest route for this organization was to not take a public position on what is such a divisive issue. However, I'm glad that they have been bold in their stance and understand the importance of being seen to be on the right side of history.

Well done Mr Benson, Coach Payton, the 10 players who exercised their democratic right to peaceful protest and the four who stood in solidarity with them.
Poison is offline Reply With Quote

11 out of 13 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post useful? Yes | No
Old 09-24-2017, 08:41 PM   #62
dtc
Patriotic Sin Pillows

dtc Prestigious Diamond Club Memberdtc Prestigious Diamond Club Memberdtc Prestigious Diamond Club Memberdtc Prestigious Diamond Club Memberdtc Prestigious Diamond Club Memberdtc Prestigious Diamond Club Memberdtc Prestigious Diamond Club Memberdtc Prestigious Diamond Club Memberdtc Prestigious Diamond Club Member
dtc Prestigious Diamond Club Memberdtc Prestigious Diamond Club Memberdtc Prestigious Diamond Club Memberdtc Prestigious Diamond Club Memberdtc Prestigious Diamond Club Memberdtc Prestigious Diamond Club Memberdtc Prestigious Diamond Club Memberdtc Prestigious Diamond Club Memberdtc Prestigious Diamond Club Memberdtc Prestigious Diamond Club Memberdtc Prestigious Diamond Club Memberdtc Prestigious Diamond Club Memberdtc Prestigious Diamond Club Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Caliente View Post
He is as right as rain.

Long gone are the days of fidelity to the constitution, having a butt job in office calling people SOBs all because of their peaceful protests. This guy is given a place in the public square (as President) and he calls for violence. What in the good lords name have we gotten ourselves into with this one?
9 out of 20 approve of your post and you used to wonder why I told you Republicans were bad.

You coming around now?

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post useful? Yes | No
Old 09-24-2017, 08:41 PM   #63
saintmdterps
live if you want to live

saintmdterps Prestigious Diamond Club Membersaintmdterps Prestigious Diamond Club Membersaintmdterps Prestigious Diamond Club Membersaintmdterps Prestigious Diamond Club Membersaintmdterps Prestigious Diamond Club Membersaintmdterps Prestigious Diamond Club Membersaintmdterps Prestigious Diamond Club Membersaintmdterps Prestigious Diamond Club Membersaintmdterps Prestigious Diamond Club Membersaintmdterps Prestigious Diamond Club Member
saintmdterps Prestigious Diamond Club Membersaintmdterps Prestigious Diamond Club Membersaintmdterps Prestigious Diamond Club Membersaintmdterps Prestigious Diamond Club Membersaintmdterps Prestigious Diamond Club Membersaintmdterps Prestigious Diamond Club Membersaintmdterps Prestigious Diamond Club Membersaintmdterps Prestigious Diamond Club Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doublemove View Post
Then leave!
Aaand here we have it, the last gasp of another out of ammunition right-winger who's lost the argument and knows it, the worn-out old "love it or leave it" play. You're done, end of story.

7 out of 9 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post useful? Yes | No
Old 09-24-2017, 08:51 PM   #64
BuffaloSaint
Hall-of-Famer

BuffaloSaint is a true SaintBuffaloSaint is a true SaintBuffaloSaint is a true SaintBuffaloSaint is a true SaintBuffaloSaint is a true Saint
BuffaloSaint is a true SaintBuffaloSaint is a true SaintBuffaloSaint is a true SaintBuffaloSaint is a true SaintBuffaloSaint is a true SaintBuffaloSaint is a true SaintBuffaloSaint is a true Saint
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAINTSFAN View Post
Tell that to your employer when you choose to do it on their time. See how far that gets you.
If you are valuable enough your employer will deal with a lot. It's all a matter of leverage.

5 out of 5 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post useful? Yes | No
Old 09-24-2017, 08:56 PM   #65
HoustonSaint68
Subscribing Member

HoustonSaint68 Prestigious Gold Club MemberHoustonSaint68 Prestigious Gold Club MemberHoustonSaint68 Prestigious Gold Club MemberHoustonSaint68 Prestigious Gold Club MemberHoustonSaint68 Prestigious Gold Club Member
HoustonSaint68 Prestigious Gold Club MemberHoustonSaint68 Prestigious Gold Club MemberHoustonSaint68 Prestigious Gold Club MemberHoustonSaint68 Prestigious Gold Club MemberHoustonSaint68 Prestigious Gold Club MemberHoustonSaint68 Prestigious Gold Club MemberHoustonSaint68 Prestigious Gold Club MemberHoustonSaint68 Prestigious Gold Club MemberHoustonSaint68 Prestigious Gold Club MemberHoustonSaint68 Prestigious Gold Club MemberHoustonSaint68 Prestigious Gold Club MemberHoustonSaint68 Prestigious Gold Club MemberHoustonSaint68 Prestigious Gold Club MemberHoustonSaint68 Prestigious Gold Club MemberHoustonSaint68 Prestigious Gold Club Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by StudioSaint View Post
Agreed it's a problem if it's a problem for your employer. It's obviously not a problem for the NFL owners, so there's no problem. Right?

If the owners are cool with it, then everyone else should be cool with it. Right?

NFL owners are adults capable of taking care of themselves. They don't need Trump or anybody else to rush in to rescue them from disruptive players. They're more than capable of handling any problems they have themselves.

What right does the President have to pressure the owner of a company to fire their employees for exercising their freedom of speech if the employer doesn't have a problem with their employees exercising their freedom of speech?

The President, as a government authority, using the office of President to pressure employers into denying their employees their right to free speech is in fact a violation of the spirit of the First Amendment.
Best post of this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by not2rich View Post
It started off as a small protest of disparate treatment of blacks by police, but thanks to Trump, it's morphed into a larger message of telling Trump to **** off.
And that's what's got me ****** and wanting to support the players sitting or kneeling next game. But, thinking less emotionally, I'm not going to disrespect what/those I personally believe are represented by the flag by doing exactly what Trump wants to happen -- that is, continue to foster this whole "the-country's-going-to-hell-so-blindly-follow-what-I-say" paranoia.
HoustonSaint68 is offline Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post useful? Yes | No
Old 09-24-2017, 08:59 PM   #66
El Caliente
More than 15K posts served!

El Caliente Prestigious Diamond Club MemberEl Caliente Prestigious Diamond Club MemberEl Caliente Prestigious Diamond Club MemberEl Caliente Prestigious Diamond Club MemberEl Caliente Prestigious Diamond Club MemberEl Caliente Prestigious Diamond Club MemberEl Caliente Prestigious Diamond Club MemberEl Caliente Prestigious Diamond Club Member
El Caliente Prestigious Diamond Club Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtc View Post
9 out of 20 approve of your post and you used to wonder why I told you Republicans were bad.

You coming around now?
I done seen the light brother.

Seriously, how I ever thought it was a good idea to play party politics when my party wasn't doing anything to help me still pains me. I was voting against mine (and my fellow mans) best interest.

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post useful? Yes | No
Old 09-24-2017, 09:00 PM   #67
dapperdan
Super Forum Fanatic

dapperdan is a true Saintdapperdan is a true Saintdapperdan is a true Saintdapperdan is a true Saintdapperdan is a true Saintdapperdan is a true Saint
dapperdan is a true Saintdapperdan is a true Saintdapperdan is a true Saintdapperdan is a true Saintdapperdan is a true Saintdapperdan is a true Saintdapperdan is a true Saintdapperdan is a true Saint
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domefan504 View Post
Good to hear SP speak the truth after a win!

We need a new coach who isn't an idiot.

2 out of 24 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post useful? Yes | No
Old 09-24-2017, 09:01 PM   #68
El Caliente
More than 15K posts served!

El Caliente Prestigious Diamond Club MemberEl Caliente Prestigious Diamond Club MemberEl Caliente Prestigious Diamond Club MemberEl Caliente Prestigious Diamond Club MemberEl Caliente Prestigious Diamond Club MemberEl Caliente Prestigious Diamond Club MemberEl Caliente Prestigious Diamond Club MemberEl Caliente Prestigious Diamond Club Member
El Caliente Prestigious Diamond Club Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloSaint View Post
If you are valuable enough your employer will deal with a lot. It's all a matter of leverage.
#allemployeesrightsmatter

Seriously though, who among us has to be put under a spotlight like these athletes?

Did you find this post useful? Yes | No
Old 09-24-2017, 09:15 PM   #69
DaveinCoalinga
Subscribing Member

DaveinCoalinga Prestigious Diamond Club MemberDaveinCoalinga Prestigious Diamond Club MemberDaveinCoalinga Prestigious Diamond Club MemberDaveinCoalinga Prestigious Diamond Club MemberDaveinCoalinga Prestigious Diamond Club MemberDaveinCoalinga Prestigious Diamond Club MemberDaveinCoalinga Prestigious Diamond Club MemberDaveinCoalinga Prestigious Diamond Club MemberDaveinCoalinga Prestigious Diamond Club MemberDaveinCoalinga Prestigious Diamond Club MemberDaveinCoalinga Prestigious Diamond Club MemberDaveinCoalinga Prestigious Diamond Club MemberDaveinCoalinga Prestigious Diamond Club MemberDaveinCoalinga Prestigious Diamond Club MemberDaveinCoalinga Prestigious Diamond Club Member
DaveinCoalinga Prestigious Diamond Club MemberDaveinCoalinga Prestigious Diamond Club MemberDaveinCoalinga Prestigious Diamond Club MemberDaveinCoalinga Prestigious Diamond Club MemberDaveinCoalinga Prestigious Diamond Club MemberDaveinCoalinga Prestigious Diamond Club MemberDaveinCoalinga Prestigious Diamond Club MemberDaveinCoalinga Prestigious Diamond Club MemberDaveinCoalinga Prestigious Diamond Club MemberDaveinCoalinga Prestigious Diamond Club MemberDaveinCoalinga Prestigious Diamond Club MemberDaveinCoalinga Prestigious Diamond Club MemberDaveinCoalinga Prestigious Diamond Club MemberDaveinCoalinga Prestigious Diamond Club MemberDaveinCoalinga Prestigious Diamond Club Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAINTSFAN View Post
Tell that to your employer when you choose to do it on their time. See how far that gets you.
Just texted my boss to ask him if I could kneel when the national anthem is played. He said he didn’t care as he doesn’t play the national anthem anyway. So I guess there ya go.

Don't boo, vote!
President Obama
DaveinCoalinga is online now Reply With Quote

12 out of 12 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post useful? Yes | No
Old 09-24-2017, 09:26 PM   #70
strandedsaint
Pro-Bowler

strandedsaint has disabled reputation
We need more wisdom on the sidelines too!
strandedsaint is offline Reply With Quote

2 out of 6 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post useful? Yes | No
Old 09-24-2017, 09:30 PM   #71
Doublemove
Pro-Bowler

Doublemove has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by strandedsaint View Post
We need more wisdom on the sidelines too!
That would be nice!

1 out of 3 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post useful? Yes | No
Old 09-24-2017, 09:32 PM   #72
Doublemove
Pro-Bowler

Doublemove has disabled reputation
Well to all, Merry Christmas!

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post useful? Yes | No
Old 09-24-2017, 09:35 PM   #73
Saint_Ward
Thread Killer Moderator

Saint_Ward Prestigious Diamond Club MemberSaint_Ward Prestigious Diamond Club MemberSaint_Ward Prestigious Diamond Club MemberSaint_Ward Prestigious Diamond Club MemberSaint_Ward Prestigious Diamond Club MemberSaint_Ward Prestigious Diamond Club MemberSaint_Ward Prestigious Diamond Club MemberSaint_Ward Prestigious Diamond Club MemberSaint_Ward Prestigious Diamond Club MemberSaint_Ward Prestigious Diamond Club MemberSaint_Ward Prestigious Diamond Club MemberSaint_Ward Prestigious Diamond Club MemberSaint_Ward Prestigious Diamond Club MemberSaint_Ward Prestigious Diamond Club MemberSaint_Ward Prestigious Diamond Club Member
Saint_Ward Prestigious Diamond Club MemberSaint_Ward Prestigious Diamond Club MemberSaint_Ward Prestigious Diamond Club MemberSaint_Ward Prestigious Diamond Club MemberSaint_Ward Prestigious Diamond Club MemberSaint_Ward Prestigious Diamond Club MemberSaint_Ward Prestigious Diamond Club MemberSaint_Ward Prestigious Diamond Club MemberSaint_Ward Prestigious Diamond Club MemberSaint_Ward Prestigious Diamond Club MemberSaint_Ward Prestigious Diamond Club MemberSaint_Ward Prestigious Diamond Club MemberSaint_Ward Prestigious Diamond Club MemberSaint_Ward Prestigious Diamond Club MemberSaint_Ward Prestigious Diamond Club Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by dapperdan View Post
We need a new coach who isn't an idiot.
#Analysis
#Politicalcommentary

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post useful? Yes | No
Old 09-24-2017, 09:37 PM   #74
Domefan504
SR is my life!

Domefan504 Prestigious Platinum Club MemberDomefan504 Prestigious Platinum Club MemberDomefan504 Prestigious Platinum Club MemberDomefan504 Prestigious Platinum Club MemberDomefan504 Prestigious Platinum Club MemberDomefan504 Prestigious Platinum Club MemberDomefan504 Prestigious Platinum Club MemberDomefan504 Prestigious Platinum Club Member
Domefan504 Prestigious Platinum Club MemberDomefan504 Prestigious Platinum Club MemberDomefan504 Prestigious Platinum Club MemberDomefan504 Prestigious Platinum Club MemberDomefan504 Prestigious Platinum Club MemberDomefan504 Prestigious Platinum Club MemberDomefan504 Prestigious Platinum Club Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by the-commish View Post
Can you cut out the name calling please? Mods???
Agree it was uncalled for. Very Trump-like. It is is okay to disagree with a posters opinion but calling someone Hitler/Nazi is crossing the line.
Domefan504 is offline Reply With Quote

Did you find this post useful? Yes | No
Old 09-24-2017, 09:37 PM   #75
Saint_Ward
Thread Killer Moderator

I like Drew's outlook on it.

I would like to seem teams say that they made their point and they'd like to use this time to unify together and keep working on injustices for the masses.

I think the point has been made. And it was pretty strong. But we don't need to make it an ongoing thing.

He doesn't say the last bit, but that's my stance. However, since I bet none of us were standing while watching on TV, I really don't mind if people want to sit or take a knee.

Prior to 2009 most teams weren't even out there.

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post useful? Yes | No