Saintsreport.com Forums
home Steve Gleasons Website
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Do you want to remove the ads? Support the site by becoming a subscribing member.

Go Back   New Orleans Saints - Saints Report - Message Boards > GENERAL > Political Discussion Board

Old 09-25-2017, 11:28 AM   #1
Domefan504
SR is my life!

Domefan504 Prestigious Platinum Club MemberDomefan504 Prestigious Platinum Club MemberDomefan504 Prestigious Platinum Club MemberDomefan504 Prestigious Platinum Club MemberDomefan504 Prestigious Platinum Club MemberDomefan504 Prestigious Platinum Club MemberDomefan504 Prestigious Platinum Club MemberDomefan504 Prestigious Platinum Club Member
Domefan504 Prestigious Platinum Club MemberDomefan504 Prestigious Platinum Club MemberDomefan504 Prestigious Platinum Club MemberDomefan504 Prestigious Platinum Club MemberDomefan504 Prestigious Platinum Club MemberDomefan504 Prestigious Platinum Club MemberDomefan504 Prestigious Platinum Club MemberDomefan504 Prestigious Platinum Club Member
97 year old WW II VET takes knee in support of athletes!

Very proud our Vets are supporting the athletes!

Photo of WWII vet, 97, taking a knee in support of athletes protests goes viral | NOLA.com

Quote:
Brennan Gilmore posted a Twitter picture Sunday morning of his grandfather, John Middlemas, kneeling while wearing a veteran's cap. Gilmore wrote: "My grandpa is a 97 year-old WWII vet & Missouri farmer who wanted to join w/ those who #TakeaKnee: 'those kids have every right to protest.'"
Domefan504 is offline Reply With Quote

6 out of 7 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post useful? Yes | No
Old 09-25-2017, 02:25 PM   #2
Domefan504
SR is my life!

Eric Reid with a good points.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/09/2...ww.google.com/

Quote:
After hours of careful consideration, and even a visit from Nate Boyer, a retired Green Beret and former N.F.L. player, we came to the conclusion that we should kneel, rather than sit, the next day during the anthem as a peaceful protest. We chose to kneel because it’s a respectful gesture. I remember thinking our posture was like a flag flown at half-mast to mark a tragedy.

It baffles me that our protest is still being misconstrued as disrespectful to the country, flag and military personnel. We chose it because it’s exactly the opposite. It has always been my understanding that the brave men and women who fought and died for our country did so to ensure that we could live in a fair and free society, which includes the right to speak out in protest.

Did you find this post useful? Yes | No
Do you want to remove the ads? Support the site by becoming a subscribing member.
Old 09-25-2017, 02:50 PM   #3
Saint_Ward
Thread Killer Moderator

Saint_Ward Prestigious Diamond Club MemberSaint_Ward Prestigious Diamond Club MemberSaint_Ward Prestigious Diamond Club MemberSaint_Ward Prestigious Diamond Club MemberSaint_Ward Prestigious Diamond Club MemberSaint_Ward Prestigious Diamond Club MemberSaint_Ward Prestigious Diamond Club MemberSaint_Ward Prestigious Diamond Club MemberSaint_Ward Prestigious Diamond Club MemberSaint_Ward Prestigious Diamond Club MemberSaint_Ward Prestigious Diamond Club MemberSaint_Ward Prestigious Diamond Club MemberSaint_Ward Prestigious Diamond Club MemberSaint_Ward Prestigious Diamond Club MemberSaint_Ward Prestigious Diamond Club Member
Saint_Ward Prestigious Diamond Club MemberSaint_Ward Prestigious Diamond Club MemberSaint_Ward Prestigious Diamond Club MemberSaint_Ward Prestigious Diamond Club MemberSaint_Ward Prestigious Diamond Club MemberSaint_Ward Prestigious Diamond Club MemberSaint_Ward Prestigious Diamond Club MemberSaint_Ward Prestigious Diamond Club MemberSaint_Ward Prestigious Diamond Club MemberSaint_Ward Prestigious Diamond Club MemberSaint_Ward Prestigious Diamond Club MemberSaint_Ward Prestigious Diamond Club MemberSaint_Ward Prestigious Diamond Club MemberSaint_Ward Prestigious Diamond Club MemberSaint_Ward Prestigious Diamond Club Member
You know what this board really needed? Another thread on this anthem topic.

Besides I think I posted this in one of the other threads we already can't keep up with.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post useful? Yes | No
Old 09-25-2017, 02:55 PM   #4
Domefan504
SR is my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint_Ward View Post
You know what this board really needed? Another thread on this anthem topic.

Besides I think I posted this in one of the other threads we already can't keep up with.
Well I'm not the one shifting them from the SSF forum.

Did you find this post useful? Yes | No